It's done. Rift PvE = WoW PvE

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 46

Default It's done. Rift PvE = WoW PvE

Taken from the latest test server updates.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
    * With the upcoming addition of the Looking for Group tool, we're also in the process of tuning our Expert Dungeons to be completable with one appropriately geared healer per group, instead of frequently requiring a second full healer on top of support heals. Additionally, the power of the items purchased from the Expert Dungeon stores has increased to assist gearing up for further challenges. With these changes we expect more dungeons to be completed more often; as a result, the cost for Expert Dungeon merchant items has increased. Overall, this should net a similar or improved gain rate of plaque-purchased items.
    * Reduced the damage dealt by general Expert Dungeon NPCs.
    * Dungeon Daily quests are now obtained via the Quest tab in the Looking for Group tool.
    * All Raid bosses now drop 5 Plaques of Achievement for each member of the raid."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What this means?
    It means Rift dungeons will end up being the same as in WoW: WotLK and the gear progression instead of being about getting rare drops is only about gathering enough plaques (emblems) to reach the "optimal gear" to hit raids. 5-man content will be trivialized so a random bunch of players can clear them with little to no wipes while facerolling every fight. The difficulty Rift had in comparison to WoW will be lost and the variety in different souls will become meaningless as the instances are ridiciously easy.

I've personally enjoyed the challenge, difficulty and the learning curve of the dungeons leading to raids. However I'm still interested in the PvP changes in 1.2 and those will hopefully keep my intrest in the game. But I'm afraid we are heading towards an identical WoW clone, in every sense. Once we get arena and "rated battlegrounds" I'm outta here :P

Don't get me wrong, I'd never go back to WoW after playing Rift. But suddenly I'm starting to look for the next MMORPG. Hopefully I'm wrong but for now 1.2 isn't looking too good in PvE sense :<

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 97

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenArrow View Post
    Taken from the latest test server updates.

DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
    * With the upcoming addition of the Looking for Group tool, we're also in the process of tuning our Expert Dungeons to be completable with one appropriately geared healer per group, instead of frequently requiring a second full healer on top of support heals. Additionally, the power of the items purchased from the Expert Dungeon stores has increased to assist gearing up for further challenges. With these changes we expect more dungeons to be completed more often; as a result, the cost for Expert Dungeon merchant items has increased. Overall, this should net a similar or improved gain rate of plaque-purchased items.
    * Reduced the damage dealt by general Expert Dungeon NPCs.
    * Dungeon Daily quests are now obtained via the Quest tab in the Looking for Group tool.
    * All Raid bosses now drop 5 Plaques of Achievement for each member of the raid."

What this means?
    It means Rift dungeons will end up being the same as in WoW: WotLK and the gear progression instead of being about getting rare drops is only about gathering enough plaques (emblems) to reach the "optimal gear" to hit raids. 5-man content will be trivialized so a random bunch of players can clear them with little to no wipes while facerolling every fight. The difficulty Rift had in comparison to WoW will be lost and the variety in different souls will become meaningless as the instances are ridiciously easy.

I've personally enjoyed the challenge, difficulty and the learning curve of the dungeons leading to raids. However I'm still interested in the PvP changes in 1.2 and those will hopefully keep my intrest in the game. But I'm afraid we are heading towards an identical WoW clone, in every sense. Once we get arena and "rated battlegrounds" I'm outta here :P

Don't get me wrong, I'd never go back to WoW after playing Rift. But suddenly I'm starting to look for the next MMORPG. Hopefully I'm wrong but for now 1.2 isn't looking too good in PvE sense :<

I certainly don't mind having some easier dungeons to run.
    Though I'd still like some more challenging ones to be available ;/

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 134

You mean to say, people didn't already expect this to turn into WoW? The signs were there on the table...

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 17

This was WoW from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Slate View Post
    You mean to say, people didn't already expect this to turn into WoW? The signs were there on the table...
    Atleast it took them 2 months before they started catering baddies :J

@Grable
    You haven't even played the game.

@Grable
    Oh but I have, mister.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Oh but I have, mister.
    I said played.
    Not tried.

I said played.
    Not tried.
    Played enough to notice no big difference between WoW and RIFT.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Played enough to notice no big difference between WoW and RIFT.
    The endgame instances and rift events were/are nothing like the PvE in WoW.
    Just shows you really didn't play the game _enough_ :>

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 134

@Grable
    LOL @ you telling him what he has and hasn't done.

And the end game PvE was slightly different. That's NOTHING like WoW.

inb4 rift defence force (Viirla)

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast