i am creating a silent hill mud i just need...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Detective Kirby Reputation: 10

how do i get the server back up because i shut it down thinking it would help! btw i did use the AREA_NORESET command! was there another reset flag?

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

I don't think he heard you. I wonder if he can hear any of us... (Mentok whistle).

Anyhow, I took wee bit of a skim through the manual (I recommend it, it does wonders!). This is only presuming that you are indeed using the Grendel MUD Thingy. Could it be that you have a 'shutdown' command placed somewhere where it shouldn't be. That really could be the only thing I could think of. Otherwise, it's just broken and I recommend either getting a new copy of it or trying something else.

I also recommend that you spend a wee bit more time that 20 sec. to write your post with a full thourough explination of what's going on, what you are doing, what you are using, and what you have tried. This gets the best results, I promise!

Good luck on your ventures!

-Bryan-

P.S. The Grendel MUD manual is located here. It'll tell you how to do most things, including starting up the server again. Enjoy!
    Last edited by MisterPoppet; 05-28-2006 at 05:02 PM.

i read the manual but i found nothing on starting up the server again! where is it?! ill try to find it. but pls just in case i dont find the server startup part of the manual, post it here!

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

This was taken from the manual:

Running

Starting Grendel is simple. Windows users can click on the grendel.exe icon, or open a console window and start the grendel.exe file manually.

Linux users can either start the executable grendel from an automated script or manually from a terminal.
    Note

Under Linux Grendel forks to the background by default, to override this and let Grendel write to stdout use grendel -f instead.

If all is well, you should be able to connect to Grendel by using a telnet client to connect to localhost, port 4444.

i can try to start a new sh game since it didnt have much added to it anyway. (i only added a few areas and didnt know how to make rooms)
    but i dont know how to actualy log into my new sh MUD! i dont know which client! i dont understand all this copyover crap etc! somebody pls teach me to use this! i read the manual and can barely understand it! i want to create this mud really bad! somebody tell me how to boot my server back up or tell me how to start a new mud using grendel MUD!

oh wait! i was able to connect! thx lots!
    hmmmm.... i cant connect to my immortal!
    hell im not even connected to silent hill bbs!
    Last edited by zamorak; 05-28-2006 at 09:18 PM.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 12

sweet Pyramid Head class thoose guys are the coolest but yet i no nothin about muds so sorry...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12