Castle Empire Beer Mug Oktoberfest Contest

General Manager Reputation: 353

Default Castle Empire Beer Mug Oktoberfest Contest

OnRPG is partnered with Ubisoft to bring a special contest in celebration of Castle Empire's Oktoberfest celebrations!

This contest will run from today until October 21st (2 weeks!) and 5 lucky contestants will win Branded Beer Mugs compliments of Castle Empire.

All you have to do is tell a few lines about your favorite Oktoberfest or Halloween moment and we'll collect the best to throw into a pool and draw the winners.

All winners will be contacted via OnRPG forums to get mailing addresses. All beer mugs will be mailed out on October 29th so don't forget to check to see if you are a winner!

Never heard of Castle Empires? I highly suggest to you check out their website if you are interested in games like The Settlers and Civilization.

For full contest details see our events page. Best of luck to everyone who plays!

Want a whole collection? Don't forget to enter at our partner site MMOHut for a chance to win again! http://mmohut.com/forums/general/116...-giveaway.html
    Last edited by DizzyPW; 10-10-2011 at 07:55 PM.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

OnRPG Tech Wizard Reputation: 15

It was Halloween's night. I've sunk 200-300 USD into my costume. I was ready to rock and roll. The costume this year, was the Grim Reaper, Death, Shinigami, etc. Weeks before Halloween, I did some research on scythes, but all I could find were real scythes, which will most likely have me serving some jail time for brandishing it down Santa Monica Blvd (A street that gets shutdown and acts as a central gathering place for all sorts of ghouls, monsters, and weirdos).

I went to three different Halloween stores, and couldn't find the scythe of my dreams, so instead, I bought a few good props and fashioned my own. A skull bow-staff, and flimsy plastic scythe. I took the blade part of the scythe and attached it to the bow staff. The bow staff has weight, so it makes it feel pretty sturdy and realistic, but the blade is plastic, so hopefully, that doesn't get me in trouble with the cops. Then came the robe, the skeleton gloves, and the latex bone-kit. Some coloring on the face and let the good times roll!

I loved the reactions that I got while walking down the street, people would stop in mid conversation and just stare at me. The great thing about a latex kit is that the mask is part of your face, it moves with your face as you talk, as you eat, and etc. I had loads of fun eating, drinking, and etc, and just watching people's reactions to me doing these things.

I spooked a good amount of people that night, while also feeling like a celebrity. Everyone wanted to take my picture. I got three spooks that night.

One while walking towards Santa Monica, where the girl in the group noticed my presence and started screaming.

Another one where this girl walked passed me while I standing still, then her reaction was "OMG. He looks so real!" She leans in very close, and then I go "I am!". She jumped back, screamed, and then her startled friend screamed as well.

Finally, the best spook of the night was when I walked into a pair of little Buzz Lightyears. The two of them were happily dancing around their parents, surrounded by a crowd of strangers admiring how cute they were. They were dancing until they saw me. One of these kids locked his stare onto me, and I stared into him. He came to a complete stop and just froze. I slowly creep towards him, and the kid slowly stepped back, I continued to creep towards him, and he continued to step back until he was safely behind his father's legs. There he peered out from the corners of his father's leg to see if it's safe to leave yet, but it wasn't. The father and I exchanged looks, and he had the widest grin on his face. He gave me the thumbs up, and I knew my job was done. I will forever be the monster that is mentioned when that child misbehaves, and all my effort for this day has been worth it.
    Last edited by DizzyPW; 10-07-2011 at 09:57 PM.

^ How our tech wizard spends his Friday afternoons

History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Spyros Burning Cough Reputation: 10

My favorite Halloween moment was scaring the hell out of my friend when he got out of the elevator dropping most of his candy down the space in-between the elevator and the door.

Well with only 2 entries it's looking like we might be giving you guys more than one beer mug each. Still 4 days left though so we'll see!

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 10

Favorite Halloween moment was when I was watching a walkthrough of Ju-On Nintendo Wii. I got so absorbed watching that when there's a sudden scare, I immediately threw the keyboard, mouse & myself away! Same thing happened when I played Left 4 Dead, only with the addition of hurling the headphones away from me.

As for the Oktoberfest, I remember when my crush refused to drink beer offered by our host guy friend. To 'save' him, I decided to drink it straight up. Once I finished one bottle, I felt 'funny'. I began to laugh randomly & told them that I'm not drunk. The horror of it! My tolerance was quite low during those times. When my host guy friend brought us home, I fell down the car seat butt first! He even told everyone the next day about my 'accident'. So much for our double birthday celebration.

Game Journalist Reputation: 67

I guess my oktoberfest experiences are best untold on this forum :P

Just 2 days left. So far everyone is going to be a winner unless we get some competition in here.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default My Favrote and funniest halloween moment

My Favrote and funniest halloween moment was when my sister was 12 and i was 15 we watched candyman later at 12 at night i dared her to say candyman 3 times in the mirror and he comes out and kills you so when she did i got on a trench coat and a hand held sythe and hid behind the door and scared her she screamed and ran straight in to the wall it was Hilarious what wasnt is when i got grounded for a month It was definitely worth it

This contest is now closed. Everyone who participated please PM me your mailing address. Looks like I will be receiving as many beer mugs as we had participants so everyone wins.