~:: Ode To Survival ::~

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Default ~:: Ode To Survival ::~

"Nobody expected it to happen.

Hell, nobody even thought there was a possibility of this happening.

Although I can't say that there are not those few fanatics who thought it would happen and were more prepared because of it.

Still, those idiots were the first to go.

They deserved it anyways."

Elizabeth Mackenzie's Audio Journal.

"March 15, 2012: Scientists were working hard on a project known as "Rage" though that wasn't the official name, that is what we now call it. Nobody really knew what was going on, in fact nobody would have known if the research was kept secret. But there are those idiots who always have screw ups. Rage was intended to make our gene pool much stronger by giving us more strenght, speed, and things like that. But somebody from the outside learned about it, and decided they wanted to get their hands on it, beleiving it would sell for thousands of dollars."

"March 17, 2012: Yeah so, you know where I left odd last time, telling you about Rage, and that idiot. Well, guess what happened after that? Yup, the idiot got his hands on "Rage" and injected himself with it. Guess what happened after that? He died........But he didn't stay dead"

"March 20, 2012: So yeah, the idiot didn't stay dead, and it was all over the news, looks like once your infected you end up dead. The idiot bit someone else, who bit someone else, who in turn bit someone else, until finally half of a city was over populated with zombies. Think it's easy to contain? Keep in mind that this happened all in the same hour."

"April 1st, 2012: Containment? Are you kidding me, they tried to stop it already. News flash, it didn't work, Rage spread within seventeen hours to every major city in New York, and is slowly eating away at the world."

"April 2nd, 2012: I have decided to pack up and hit the road as many others are doing, but I wont go without supplies. As people begin to leave I begin to raid, soon I have two first aid kits, about fifty cans of food, and one gun that I by accident found when lurking around in my neighbors basment, who knew that creepy old cat lady stocked guns?"

--------Current Day April 9th, 2012 Broadcast-----------

" If there is anybody out there, I have shelter, food, and health supplies. I am Elizabeth Mackenzie, currently located at the Holiday Inn hotel in Wichita. If there is anyone out there, I can help you. I will wait at the Holiday Inn until tommorow before packing up the bus and leaving."

-----------------End Broadcast---------------

Plot: After a virus called Rage was released onto the world everything turns to hell. Some people pack up and run, while others go underground where they still die. There are not many survivors, and amongst all this mess there is still hope. A woman called Elizabeth Mackenzie is intent on finding somewhere void of the infection, and rebuild the world one peice at a time. Will you join her?

Setting: Kansas at the moment, though we will eventually go many other places. It is still Summer, with the air hot and not much rain.

Symptoms of Infection:

Rash: Either on the stomach, face, or the back of the leg. Nobody knows why these are the only places that the rash appears, we only know that scratching the rash then touching someone else will imeddiatly infect them. Though the rash will not turn you int a zombie, it makes your more of an easy target as it makes you sick and lowers your immune system.

Festering Wounds: If you have an open wound, or sore that has begun to fester and emit pus, it means that you are infected. This will not turn you until the infection fully spreads throughout your body, wich happens within a day if your lucky.

Coughing up Blood: One of the symptoms that mean you will be dying soon. Normal this is due to your lungs collapsing on themselves, at first it will be a few coughs, and as the hours progress it will become worse, if your lucky you will live for three days maximum, but in the end you suffer slowly as your lungs collapse and you suffocate to death. Though you wont stay dead.

Nausa: Suddenly dizzy? or feeling sick? Think you need to puke. Though this is a common enough Symptom it still can mark the beggining of someone who is about to die. Though it also leads up to other things, this is a hardly noticable Symptom.

High Fever: Another small Symptom that unless looked for will go unoticed. This fever kills you after a month of having it, as it slowly gets worse.

Slight Amnesia: Are you finding it hard to remember names, faces, and bits of your memory? This means you are most likely infected, as the infection eats away at your brain cells you may possibly loose more then your memory.

Dementia: Oh the lovely thing that makes you crazy, loss of motor functions, memory, coordination, and many other things comes with Dementia. Really, its just like going crazy and becoming a new born again, you cant learn, comminicate or do anything as time progresses.

Ways To Get Infected.

Blood: What you want to learn early on is always wear a mask, and keep any open wounds covered. If blood gets in your mouth, or on one of those wounds then there will be a 50/50 chance of getting infected.

Rats: These little buggers carry the Rage virus more so then any other animal. One bite from them and you get infected, it is just like rabies in rats, wich can also sometimes be the case when getting bitten by a feral rat, so there is a 50/50 percent chance of getting infected by a rat.

Bites: The most common way to get infected, if you are bitten there is no going back. Bites are 100% effective, and will be the number one thing that changes you.

Scratches: Not normally considered a cause of infection, Scratches will most likely only give you the Rash, unless its deep enough to draw blood. But unless the scratch is deep enough then you wont gdie.

Birds: After feeding on infected flesh they become infected. This makes them much more hostile, and if you get attacked by one they will probably get you infected. Though this is not a sure thing.

Dogs: Dogs are nearly immune to the virus, but if they do manage to get infected its easy to say that they will kill you immediatly. Instead of transferring the virus they simply can attack you, bite you, and possibly killing you. If you die you immediatly become a Zombie.

Rash: As stated earlier in the symptoms, Rash can be spread from different people, and though it isnt a cause of death it will eventually screw up your immune system and make it easier for you to die.

---------------------All The "Rage"------------------------

So, there are several different type of Zombies, first off, there are the normal ones.

Those that are infected by normal means and do not exhibit abnormalities. They are quite dumb, and slow, but that doesnt mean they wont kill you if they are grouped together.

There are the Runners, Zombies who have been infected and show the ability to run, and are much stronger, yet still as numb as the normal zombies.

There are the Geeks, zombies who exhibit more then one abnormality and can do all that a Runner can do plus being smart.

Then there are the beasts, Zombies that have at one point been an animal, but are now crazy creatures with speed, strenght, and a need to feed.

And then there are the Zed, Which are Zombies with every capable function of a human, just with no memory, and of course the basic need to feed. They do not talk, or think as we do, but can function as we do.

Ahem, I got suggested to play L4D and L4D2 and they were probably. . .The best things ever. So I decided to add the zombies from those games here, so here they are.

1. The Boomer is a bloated infected that can spit vision-impairing bile on the Survivors, attracting hordes of infected, and explodes on death, spewing more bile in the immediate area. They emit burping and vomiting like sounds when close by.

2.The Hunter is an agile foe that can jump and pounce on a survivor, and then tear at his victim until he is knocked off, kills his prey or is killed. A hunter emits animal like screeches or light roars when close by, and a snarling growl cap be heard when in close proximity.

3. The Smoker is boil-covered creature with a long tongue that it uses to ensnare and drag a survivor back to himself. It may then either attack the survivor directly, allow the horde to attack him, or leave the survivor suspended over a cliff or roof-edge. The Smoker only releases its victim once the tongue is shot, the survivor is killed, or upon the Smoker's death, which results in an explosion that leaves a vision-obscuring cloud. Smokers have raspy voices and frequently wheeze and cough, presuming that they may have been an avid smoker before becoming an Infected.

4. The Tank is a gigantic muscular infected that has the ability to swipe at survivors, knocking them off their feet and incapacitating them; it can also knock cars and other debris into the survivors. The Tank is the most durable of all the special infected, and requires the full support of all of the survivors in order to be killed.

5. The Witch is a female infected with long claws that stays crying in one spot. Survivors can often avoid the Witch, but if they disturb her with light, loud noises or gunfire, she will become aggressive. The Witch has the strongest attack of the infected in the game; able to kill a survivor outright with one blow on the hardest difficulty.

6. The Charger, an infected with an enormously mutated right arm, can charge into the survivors and seize and separate one survivor from the others whilst pummeling them into the ground, rendering the player helpless until one of their teammates helps them.

7. The Spitter can project balls of stomach acid that splatter across an area, quickly eroding the survivors' health as long as they remain within it; the longer a player loiters, the faster their health drops.

8. The Jockey can jump onto the back of a survivor and steer them into other infected or environmental hazards, whilst clawing at the player's head.

------------------------Rules------------------------------------
    (Sorry for having so many, I had to cover a few grounds)

1. No godmodding
    2. No Metagaming
    3. No Powerplaying
    4. You may be a Zombie
    5. No Flaming while OC but IC is okay as long as its not personal conflict and goes along with the story, such as fights over things, or between characters.
    6. Not all of us will survive, there will most likely only be a few that survive through this Arc of the story.
    7. You may have a total of four characters.
    8. Anybody may join at any time.
    9. Weapons can be found throughout the RP, band you may start with only two.
    10. I intend to progress at a medium pace, so if you cannot keep up do not join.
    11. Please Enjoy, the rules are not as bad as they seem.

-------Character Skeleton---------

Basic
    Name:
    Nickname(s): (If any)
    Age: (No age limit, you can be as young or as old as you want)
    Starter Weapon(s): (One must be Meelee, you can start with only two)

Apperance
    Visual Apperance:
    Apperance: (Include, hight, weight, skin color, eye color, build ect ect ect)
    Clothing/Armor: (Include anything your character wears.)

Other

History: (Leading up to the virus)
    Personality: (In a Nut Shell)
    Family: (Are you related to any of the other survivors?)
    Relationships: (Are you in a Relationship with any of the other Survivors?)
    Other: (Anything else you would like to tell us?)

-------------Zombie Character Skeleton------------------------

Basic

Name:
    Cause Of Death:
    Who infected you?:
    Type of Infection: (Zed, Geek, Runner, Normal, or Beast)

Apperance
    Visual Apperance:
    Written Appearance:
    Clothing/Armor:

Other
    Abnormalities:
    Other:

-----------------------Characters---------------------------

Elizabeth "Liz" Mackenzie: Played by Essishore24
    Kathlene "Kate" Prescott: Played by Essishore24
    James Thomas: Played by Readster
    Nathaniel McAdams: Played by Bloodjane22345
    Aurum Horoligium II: Played by Daniel Moonlight.
    Ashleigh Rose: played by Midnight4Chaos

------------------------Special Note-----------------------

If you wish to add something to this, like a Zombie, or new Symptom PM me and I will add it here if it follows the rule of no Powerplaying or Godmodding. Thank you

-------------------My sheets------------------------------

Basic

Name: Elizabeth Mackenzie

Nickname(s): Liz

Starter Weapon(s): Gun, Titanium baseball bat.

Apperance

Visual Apperance:

Apperance: Liz is about 5'7" and weighs very little, she has pale peach skin and dark brown eyes. Her hair is a sandy brown color that can at times look blonde in the right light. She has a thin build, with little muscle, but she is still strong and not to mention quick on her toes. She has two sets of clothing that she alternates between, a pair of black jeans and a white button up shirt, and a pair of blue jeans and a red button up shirt. Though she also has a hoodie, that she wears at times. She protects herself with a mask, a pair of gloves, and anything else she can find that would deter things from getting blood on her or biting her (At least not on the first try).

Other

History: Before the Virus outbreak Liz was a simple person, working as a waitress and trying to keep herself alive by eating ramen noodles everyday. She was always loosing jobs left and right (Because of her head strong nature) and never imagines an apocolypse like this one would happen. Afterwards, she began to raid houses, and evnetually stumbled upon a bus that only had a few problems (A dead person at the steering wheel being that one problem) That she quickly fixed. She then began to search for survivors.

Personality: Strong willed and determined, Liz beleives that there is some hope for the world, and she will search until she finds it. She will protect those who need protecting, and is a natural born leader. Though if you can get past her quirk of getting easily angered, and her slightly bossy attitude, you can become a fast freind. Liz will always be there for those who need her, even if she can sometimes get a bit angry. She is also a bit head strong, and does things how she see's fit.

Family: Liz's parents are disceased, being one of the first few people to turn. Her little sister Ellie is missing.

Relationships: None.

Other: She has a close bond with Kate.

Basic

Name: Kathlene Prescott

Nickname(s): Kate

Starter Weapon(s): None.

Apperance

Visual Apperance:
    Apperance: Kate is a small girl, standing at only 4'5" and weighs little over seventy pounts. She has long brown hair, that she normally pins back with two butterfly clips. Her skin is pale peach, and her eyes are a greenish blue color. She normally wears a blue shirt that is a big big for her, that has pink butterflies on the front, and a pair of jeans that are also a bit big for her, as well as tennis shoes, a mask, and a scarf.

Other

History: Kate was a happy kid, enjoying school and friends, of course that was until the virus broke out. She escaped being infected because of her prior infection from being a test subject, and met Liz not too soon after the infection broke out across the world.

Personality: Kate is kind and sweet, but like all kids she has a temper. Though she is also a bit whiny at times its only if she absolutely has to be, other times she tries not to burden the older members of the crew. Of course, she is also a kid, and gets bored a lot, tending to make mischief and mayhem.

Family: Her mother is dead, and her father is MIA but most likely dead. She has no siblings.

Relationships: Has a Close bond with Liz

Other: She is hiding the fact that she is infected, though it was through a different transition then most of the others, her infection is through actual injection of the virus into her. Though it is a stabilized version that wont kill her any time soon, she is in danger of attracting the unstable version which could kill her
    Last edited by Essishore24; 10-19-2011 at 04:14 PM.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

((Haven't done an RP in a while and this one seems rather professionally done, why not.))

Basic
    Name:James Thomas
    Nickname(s):N/A
    Starter Weapon(s): Metal pole, damaged M9 pistol

Apperance
    Visual Apperance:
    Apperance: James is 6'2" and white. His eyes are a piercing green however do not draw too much attention.
    Clothing/Armor: A short sleeved red T-shirt with several small tears. Ontop he wears a green open zip hoody. He usually wears blue jeans with a small tear across the left knee. He always wears a wrist watch.

Other

History: He had been at college studying law for the two years before the infection. He worked afternoons training to become a cop and was worn out most of the time meaning he now runs on little sleep. When the news of infection first 'leaked' his reasonable side shrugged it off meaning he was at the heart of the city when it eventually reached him. He just managed to fight his way to his apartment with a stolen police m9 however it was damaged in the escape and now misfires frequently.
    Personality: He is very kept to himself however tends to open up in times of crisis. He has an overwhelming need to protect those he likes and usually puts himself in danger for them.
    Family: He has not seen his father since he was born and his mother died in a car crash the month before the infection. He has no siblings.

Accepted We only need one or two more people, but until then I am going to make my starting post.
    Last edited by Essishore24; 10-11-2011 at 04:01 AM.

Wand of !!!!!!11!!! Power Reputation: 16

(Its still kind of creepy how you found out how to get back into my old account Essi. By the way, how did you know my old email password?

Anywho, since your practically forcing me back onto this site I shall join this I guess with this account, since the other one was just because I couldnt get into this one. Eh, so here is my character)

Basic
    Name: Nathaniel McAdams
    Nickname(s): N/A
    Starter Weapon(s): Golf Club, Shotgun

Apperance
    Visual Apperance:
    Apperance: Nathaniel is about 6'4" and is a bit on the skinny side, though he is still a bit muscular. He has dark and thick brown hair that often looks black, and bright blue eyes that are ringed with circles of black. He has sharp features, yet he is still a bit scruffy, and nearly always has a five o'clock shadow going on.
    Clothing/Armor: Nathaniel wears a black long sleeved shirt, a slightly small hoodie, a pair of jeans, and brown working boots. Other then that he also has a mask that he wears over his mouth so that no blood can accidently get there.

Other
    History:formerly Nathaniel was a student and studying the feild of archeology. He was well known for the book he wrote as a young man about the things his parents found, both of them also being archeologists. After the warning of the virus came he was quite skeptical, and he would have been dead if it had not been for his friend Amy, who got infected and forced him to pack up and leave before the virus spread.
    Personality: Nathaniel is smart, and brave, but sometimes cautious and a bit dense. He will protect people as long as he himself is protected, and has a soft spot for children.
    Family: His mom and dad died in a car crash before the virus, and his little sister Anna is no where to be found.
    Relationships: He treats Kate as a little sister.
    Other: None.
    Last edited by bloodyjane22345; 10-11-2011 at 04:39 AM.

Where eyes should have been to empty sockets were, the most dark feature of the girl in front of her. It seemed as if she was talking, but when she looked closer she saw the thick black thread that stitched the girls mouth together. ~BLU By LDM

(Good to see you got my text Bloody anywho, I knew because you told me a long, long, long time ago, besides its not that hard to remember a combination of three letters and four numbers.

Nathaniel is accepted :P I was just about to make the first post, though we still need people for this so go get recruiting smart-o)
    http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt228/loserdesign/essiisssss.png

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Basic
    Name: Aurum Horoligium II
    Nickname(s): Hour, Aur. (If you would translate his name from Latin to English his name means Gold Clock")
    Starter Weapon(s): A knife legend to be from caveman times that he "acquired" in the "family business" and a bag of self-designed traps.

Appearance
    Visual Appearance: http://www.google.com.ph/imgres?q=ar...:429,r:5,s:146
    Appearance: Hour's height is 5'1, his weight is 100 pounds. He wears a mask though he isn't wearing it in visual appearance. The only thing you would see in his face is his eyes, if you look closely one of his eyes is hazel and the other one is blue, yet it strangely fits him. He is thin, no sign of exercise though. His hair is raven black.
    Clothing/Armor: He wears a black shirt with a dragon design with a pair of jeans and black sneakers. Though he would bring a pair of loafers and a suit. A mask that covers his whole face except his eyes. It's more of like those ninja masks.

Other

History: Hour was born in Ireland and lived in a big manor, as he grew up he was a genius. One day his father disappeared in an expedition transferring goods to Russia. His mother was desperate and went into a state of madness. He took over the family business and everything went smoothly, one day his mother was sick and pale. Not many minutes later his mother turned into the infected and Hour barely escaped.
    Personality: Mysterious and genius in a way. Mostly stays quiet and goes in a trance of deep thought. He likes the dark, stealth he says is important to these apocalyptic times. Words and sarcasm would be his weapon in conversations. Correcting others who thought they were smarter is his favorite game. His snide comments to Kate makes him look bad to the others.
    Family:
    Relationships:
    Other: RARELY as in seeing a dinosaur bone in your backyard rare, takes off his mask.
    Last edited by Daniel Moonlight; 10-11-2011 at 01:20 PM.
    The SADDEST people, seems to be the NICEST. Because they wouldn't want to mess anyone's MOOD. But you never know what SECRETS hide behind that nice SMILE. If you would look into their eyes, you would see DESPAIR and HOPELESSNESS. Could it have been a BROKEN HEART? Can it be something YOU have done? In every smile you would see a hint of a FROWN.

Accepted

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 12

Basic
    Name: Ashleigh Rose
    Nickname(s): Ash
    Starter Weapon(s): desert eagle gun and a cricket bat.

Apperance
    Visual Apperance:
    Apperance: 5’ 7”, she is small-ish about145lbs, pail white with some freckles, bright Green eyes, she has less then a figure eight build, some curves and muscular, a bit of chub in her tummy and thighs.
    Clothing/Armor: She wears a white shirt and blue jeans with boots. She caries a very small duffel bag with one more shirt and pair of jeans and a jacket.

Other

History: Leading up to the virus Ash was a mechanic. She lived alone in her apartment with the rest of her family living in Colorado, and had a pretty good life. Until the virus, much of her family was affected by the virus and the ones that weren’t are dead. She holds dearly the necklace that her older brother gave her many years back. When the virus broke out she sheltered in a toxic waste plant, she found a type of poison unstrung the shells and put a vile containing the poison on it, just in case.

Personality: Ash is definitely hard headed and sometimes hard to get along with, but she is most of the time nice. She is easy to get worked up and goes pretty bezirk.
    Family: none
    Relationships: none
    Other:
    Bleed.Bloody.in the Shadow.of Chaos.

Accepted. We will start momentarily.

" If there is anybody out there, I have shelter, food, and health supplies. I am Elizabeth Mackenzie, currently located at the Holiday Inn hotel in Wichita. If there is anyone out there, I can help you. I will wait at the Holiday Inn until tommorow before packing up the bus and leaving."

Elizabeth set the radio aside, sighing her sandy brown hair tied up. She looked around, while she sat atop the bus. She was keeping a close eye on the child below her, who was running around, kicking a ball. It was relatively quite, and she was hoping that there were no Zed or Beasts around that could ruin this quite.

"Careful Kate!" She called out to the brown haired girl below, keeping a close look out. "Okay!" She called back, turning around and heading into the bus. Closing the door behind her and walking to the hatch that led up to the top. The little girl quickly took a seat beside Elizabeth smiling.

"So has anyone answered?" Kate asked excitedly, more excited then a girl her age should be during an apocolypse. Elizabeth shook her head, "No, and its nearly time to pack up." She said with a sigh. Kate's face fell a bit.

"Really Liz? Cant we stay a bit longer." Kate geniunly was happy when they stayed in one place, mainly because she could play as she wished without having to do much. "What if someone shows up and we are not here?" She questioned, big eyes filled with tears.

"I'm sure they will follow us then, we dont change locations that often Katy Kat." Elizabeth said with a smile. Then picked up the radio again, repeating the message a few more times.

"Well, lets get some sleep for now Kate." Elizabeth said with a yawn, packing up and grabbing the radio. She moved down into the bus and helped Kate back down. Then both of them layed on the seats, while Elizabeth stayed up.

(We are not together yet.)
    Last edited by Essishore24; 10-12-2011 at 04:42 AM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

Wand of !!!!!!11!!! Power Reputation: 16

Nathaniel stared at the small radio on his bike, it let him tune into frequencies yet he was unable to answer. He had been for the last few days listening to the same frequency over and over, but everytime a location came up it would cut out. He cursed his crappy bike radio for not letting him hear much.

He grabbed his shotgun, eyes scanning the area. A moment ago he swore he heard a growl, knowing it could either have come from a feral animal, a Beast, or an infected dog. He kept looking around, eyes scanning the area scarily.

KCH! the staticy noise that the radio made alerted Nathaniel as he stared at the radio. Once more the same broadcast came on as he listened to it. Once again he could hardly hear it and cursed, slamming his hand down on the radio.

All he knew was this girl was in Wichita at some hotel. Wich narrowed it down considerably. Still, this would be hard. He heard a growl to his left, he looked over quickly to where an infected dog was, feeding on the flesh of a recently killed Zombie. With wide eyes he raised hte gun, and shot at the dog, starting up the bike and roaring away quickly.

He stopped not to far away, he was in Wichita already, as he had been since the moment he heard the broadcast. Actually, since the beggining of the virus, he was near an old broken down mcdonalds, laughng at the pity of it all. He sighed, he was also near a subway, and a trailer park called Lakeside Landing.

Where eyes should have been to empty sockets were, the most dark feature of the girl in front of her. It seemed as if she was talking, but when she looked closer she saw the thick black thread that stitched the girls mouth together. ~BLU By LDM

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast