Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ~:: Ode To Survival ::~

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Hour settled down on the top of the bus and started fixing the pieces on the board. "Mine is black" he said, they started moving their pieces. "You're good in chess aren't you?" he said as he watched his bishop getting lifted away from the board. He observed as the game narrowed down only with the king, pawns and a bishop. 'She's smart, she tries to hide this. She tries to act normally.' he thought. In the end Hour cornered her king in a checkmate, "Checkmate," he said "Wonderful game but remember don't hold back." he winked.
    The SADDEST people, seems to be the NICEST. Because they wouldn't want to mess anyone's MOOD. But you never know what SECRETS hide behind that nice SMILE. If you would look into their eyes, you would see DESPAIR and HOPELESSNESS. Could it have been a BROKEN HEART? Can it be something YOU have done? In every smile you would see a hint of a FROWN.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Kate's mouth hung open for a moment, before she closed it and nodded. She normally didn't like people knowing this stuff. Mainly because it was all because she was infected. Though she wasn't actually infected, she was a test dummy, given a stabilized version that made her much more smarter, and stronger. "I have to hold back." She whispered, though hardly hear able, before reverting back to her normal self and standing, stretching.

Elizabeth was hardly paying attention to the two below, and was slightly dozing off. The sounds of animals were getting more hear able. In the distance a lone coyote howled, and many crickets chirped. But she ignored it, eyes closed as she stared at the roads.
    http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt228/loserdesign/essiisssss.png

As Kate reformed herself, he began to pack the chess set. They were walking back to Elizabeth, he carefully re strapped his mask showing his face only for a second. It looked like Kate watched him but when he looked she was looking ahead of them. They finally reached Elizabeth, he walked around her but finally he sat down on the edge of the roof. Deep in thought he cretainly didn't want to be disturbed.
    The SADDEST people, seems to be the NICEST. Because they wouldn't want to mess anyone's MOOD. But you never know what SECRETS hide behind that nice SMILE. If you would look into their eyes, you would see DESPAIR and HOPELESSNESS. Could it have been a BROKEN HEART? Can it be something YOU have done? In every smile you would see a hint of a FROWN.

Elizabeth sighed, she didn't want to do this but she looked down at her lap, the last of the canned good were in there. There was enough cans left to last about five weeks, but still, she figured it would be better to get more before they ran out.

"Katy Kat, I'm going out. If anything happens, here is the keys, and the baseball bat." She nodded to the two items. Kate had been watching Elizabeth drive for the past few weeks, just in case she would need it. Though all she could really do was steer and hit the petal she didn't need to know anything else.

"Okay liz." She said with a yawn, leaning back and grabbing for the radio. "I'm going to broadcast some more." She stated. Before, beggining to talk into the radio. She had only broadcasted once before, but she knew the message well enough. She did replace Elizabeths name with her own though, as she did before.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 12

Ashleigh watched as the boy walked a way for his bike. She hadn’t seen any signs of infection but was still watching. He came right back as he said five minuets earlier. He had asked Ash a few questions earlier and she decided to answer them.

She got his attention as he pulled up and cut the engine, and walked the rest of the way over to him. “Yes I am also heading to meet the woman who was broadcasting. Oh and I’m Ashleigh, though I prefer to be called Ash.” She gave a little smile at her nickname. She had always liked it.

Ashleigh looked Nathaniel and wanted to ask a question or two of her own. “Well since were going to the same place, do you want to put your bike in the back of my truck?” She asked in a polite tone, she had been alone for quite a while and would like for him to say yes. She would wait for his response but headed to her truck.

“There is another broadcast.” She said openly. She thought to herself, this one doesn’t sound like the first girl though. Maybe it’s another survivor with her. . . She reassured herself and listened to make sure the location hadn’t changed. It didn’t. Ashleigh found where she had thrown her so far gathered supplies. There on the seat was a new mask, a few cans of food, crackers, and bottled water. Ash thought it would be a good idea to get some necessities if she was going to join a group, there must be a few people there, and people need food after all. She grabbed another duffel bag that she had found earlier and put all of the supplies in it. She then put the duffel bag on the bottom of the cab and turned back around to Nathaniel still in wait for a response.
    Bleed.Bloody.in the Shadow.of Chaos.

Wand of !!!!!!11!!! Power Reputation: 16

Nathaniel thought for a moment, if this girl was infected she wasnt far along, deeming her not too contagious. Just as long as he didn't get the rash or anything like that. "Thats a nice name." He commented absent mindedly, then answered her other question. "Sure" He shrugged, rolling the bike over to the truck and using all his might to lift the stupidly heavy vehicle into the back of the truck.

He then gave her a quick smile, though when he heard the broad cast it faded quite a bit. "A child?" he asked a bit shocked, the voice was obviously young, since there was a difference between the sounds of young voices and old voices, a more pitchy voice most likely meant it was a child, or a soft one that was hard to hear. "Bout 6 to 8 I am guessing" He stated. His ability of knowing ages by voice was quite uncanny, though he never admitted it.

"Anyways, its the same frequency, and place, so it must be another survivor. We should get going." He stated, climbing into the passenger seat.

Where eyes should have been to empty sockets were, the most dark feature of the girl in front of her. It seemed as if she was talking, but when she looked closer she saw the thick black thread that stitched the girls mouth together. ~BLU By LDM

Wand of !!!!!!11!!! Power Reputation: 15

The rumble of the motorcycle long started to drone in Takeda's ears. With his ear piece still in, he was able to hear another transmission, this time from what sounded like a little girl. There's more survivors, he thought. Takeda felt a little relieved, but that feeling vanished when he remembered that this was a little girl. Gritting his teeth, Takeda pulled revved the engine, bracing himself against the wind as the bike sped faster. At this rate, I should get there quicker, but whether or not I'll have enough gas is the issue. He glanced at the fuel gauge, keeping note that he had a little less than a quarter tank left of gas and had a little less than a hundred miles to go.
    Last edited by LeonXIII; 10-17-2011 at 03:25 AM.
    Currently Playing:
    Defiance
    Dota 2
    Dynasty Warriors 8

Waiting For:
    Graduating College
    Life outside of school
    Dislocated Knee to Heal

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 12

Ashleigh also thought it was a child but she couldn’t quite put an age on it, thought it was probably a girl. Judging on how it spoke. “Yes, Nathaniel your probably right, I think it is a child, and yes maybe 6 to 8. And I also believe it is a girl.” She said to him.

“Just wait for a second Nathaniel." she said as a reaction to him wanting to leave. "We need to go get more supplies, there could be more survivors and this is the perfect place to get food.” She said kindly with a hint of demanding. She thought to herself, after all people went to safe houses with food and everything there. So they probably left most if not all of there food in their homes. . . “I’m going to go raid more empty houses, for food and what not. It will take about 10 to 15 minuets to get some good food. Come if you want or wait here.” She finished kindly inviting him along. Ash put on her new mask that was laying on the dash, grabbed her duffel bag off the bottom of the truck and, her gun and headed to the second house. “If you want to go to a different house there is another bag behind the seat.” She yelled back to him turning around and giving a smile.

When she got to the second house the door had already been knocked down. She walked back to where the kitchen of this small trailer was and looked through the pantry. There was a case of water, un-opened, two boxes of cheese its, peanut butter, a few boxes of cereal and more crackers. “Wow, darn. Most of it is probably stale.” She said to herself aloud. She grabbed the peanut butter since it doesn’t really spoil and put it in the duffel bag. She took the case of water as well. “Maybe if Nathaniel goes raiding he will find something else eatable.” She said as she turned around to walk out the door.
    Bleed.Bloody.in the Shadow.of Chaos.

Wand of !!!!!!11!!! Power Reputation: 16

Nathaniel looked through the rest of the trailer for a moment, before returning towards where Ashleigh was. "This place is creeping me out, we should go." He said, something silver catching his eye. In a hall way of a sorts. He walked over, there was a few things scattered about on the floor, but what caught his eye was a flashlight. "bingo." he grinned, if he had a flash light the travelling by night would be easier. He picked up the flash light, tested the battery, and was about to head back to Ashleigh when he saw one of the infected.

Unable to tell wether it was a normal or something else he moved away quietly, the infected was facing a wall, feasting on something that seemed to either be an animal or a human. "We have to get out of here." He said, tugging on Ashleigh a bit. "Just in case that thing is a Zed or Geek, we sure as hell dont wanna be around."

Where eyes should have been to empty sockets were, the most dark feature of the girl in front of her. It seemed as if she was talking, but when she looked closer she saw the thick black thread that stitched the girls mouth together. ~BLU By LDM

(So I figured we needed some Zombies instead of NPC-ing the Zombies along, as well as Essi shared some info with me about what will be happening in the near future, so I wanted some Zombies lol. As well as I figured we also need some sort of old person lol, and the girl was just the first to come to my mind.)

Name: Hazard
    Cause Of Death: Infection.
    Who infected you?: Unknown.
    Type of Infection: Hunter

Apperance
    Visual Apperance:
    Written Appearance: His skin is drained of color, and his face has many scabs and scars. He is missing his left ear, and has clumps of missing hair. His hair wich used to be black is thinned out, and has a dark and grungy look. He is mouth and claws are caked with blood.
    Clothing/Armor: Like all hunters he wears a hoodie, pulled over his sunlight sensitive eyes. A pair of blood stained khaki pants, and has duct tape wound around his arms and legs.

Other
    Abnormalities: Like all hunter, he is very agile, and able to leap from high places. He is also a bit different, as most Hunters are dumb and driven by the need to feed, he is quite curious, and still holds a slight bit of his human mind.
    Other: none

Name: "unknown" Can just be reffered to as Witch.
    Cause Of Death: Attacked by a witch
    Who Infected you?: A newly turned witch called Shada, who had formerly been a survivor working alongside "Witch"
    Type Of infection: Wandering Witch (The type that stands and moves around, not the type that just sits there)

Apperance
    Visual Apperance:
    Written Appearance: Witch is just like any other infected, covered in blood and scars, slightly hunched over, and having the tendancy to want to eat people. Her hair has lost all color, and has been reduced to a sickly white color, streaked with the blood of the survivors she has killed. Her skin is also drained of color, nothing left but a nearly translucent layer of white. Her long blackened fingers have grown sharp claws, as well as her once blue eyes have dropped a few shades to seem almost black. She has many scars from fights with survivors and other infected, and is covered in blood.
    Clothing/Armor: Her clothes are mostly torn, now she only has a torn up white shirt, and black pants. No shoes, or anything else.

other
    Abnormalities: As all witches, she is abnormally aggresive, and can run like a runner. She also has a bit of a quirk of walking in the pat of Survivors, even though she wont know it.
    Other: None.

Basic
    Name: Amber Bennett
    Nickname(s): None.
    Starter Weapon(s): Just a metal pole with barbed wire wrapped around it that she made herself.

Apperance
    Visual Apperance:
    Apperance: Amber is about 5'6 and weighs very little. She has peach skin, and smiles a lot. Her hair is past her shoulders, and is blonde, with a small wave to it. Her eyes are a blue green color, that change depending on the light, and she can be considered pretty. Most of the time she wears her hair with her bangs pinned back.
    Clothing/Armor: She wears a blue and white knit coat, a pair of leggings underneath jeans, has an extra hoodie tied around her weist, and has gloves and a mask in case of emergancies.

Other

History: Growing up Amber was always the jock of her siblings, always running around, laughing with friends, and was really going places with her life. She was prepared to graduate from school early, at the age of sixteen due to her very high grades, but before she could even reach fifteen years old the virus struck, and she was left to travel with her Grandpa.
    Personality: Amber is sweet and kind, with a tendancy to act nice up until the point where you know she dislikes you. Of course, its hard to tell wether she is being "I hate you nice" or "I like you nice" So its pretty much hard to understand her. She is also a bit on the energetic side, always laughing, joking, and taking the lead when possible.
    Family: Brick is her grandpa
    Relationships: Nope
    Other: None what-so-ever

Basic
    Name: Brian Bennett
    Nickname(s): Brick
    Starter Weapon(s): An Axe, Glock G22

Apperance
    Visual Apperance:
    Apperance: Brian is about 6'5" in hight, with slightly wrinkled skin. He is old but can still move as he could in the war days, and is often reffered to as having that Grandfatherly look to him. His eyes are the same blue green as Ambers, and his hair is thinning as well as gray, though it used to be blonde. He has a slight stubble of a beard as well and a long thin scar that runs the lenght of his left leg, wich coincidentaly has a limp to it.
    Clothing/Armor: Just a normal button up gray shirt, a pair of jeans, a jacket over that, as well as a holster for his gun.

Other

History: Before anything to do with the virus, he was a humble man, living alone in a large house. He was often visited by his grand daughter Amber, and was always reminiscing about when he was in the army. Though those days are over now. When he heard that the virus was breaking out his first thought was to make sure his family was safe, but when he arrived to the burning down home he only found Amber alive. Now they travel together.
    Personality: Brian is a humble man, with a sense of humor, and a kind way of doing things. Though he can get a bit annoying at times, he has good intentions, and makes sure everyone is safe and alive. He nearly always jokes around with Amber, and loves to tease young people. Though he is frail and a bit weak, he can still be strong and powerful.
    Family: Amber Bennett is his Granddaughter
    Relationships:none
    Other: Nothin.
    You know Della, you make me want to cry, laugh, and beat the crap out of you at the same time ---Damien Vasquez

Yeah she has that effect on people ---Destrey Craven

Shut up you idiots! ----Della Laren.

(hell yeah Della, thats what I am talking about. high five on finding a witch picture. Go ahead and post k.)

(ALSO: everyone check the front page, some more zombies were added.)

(( Ahaha essishore, you may want to revise the L4D zombies on the front page, it seems like you copy and pasted the info, leaving the words "game" and "difficulty" in the information, which may confuse some people joining/reading the thread ))
    Currently Playing:
    Defiance
    Dota 2
    Dynasty Warriors 8

Waiting For:
    Graduating College
    Life outside of school
    Dislocated Knee to Heal

( bloody was the one who gave that to me, its her fault for not revising *shakes angry fist at Bloody* I will revise it. . As soon as I am not lazy.)

Hour stood up sensing it was night, he noticed that Elizabeth wasn't here. He went down to Kate and saw that she was sleepy, "Kate," he said "you better get some sleep." he went down and strengthened his traps, no one seemed to be coming. He took off his mask again, 'Second time this day.' he thought. He felt the wind gently hit his face, he remembered when everything was normal. When his father was still here, he would run the family business smoothly. When his mother wasn't crazy and demented. He had a cruel life even before this apocalypse, one that couldn't be covered with anything fully. Only the crimes for the family business patched up those emotions, now there is no challenge in stealing banks and precious artifacts. He put on his mask again and went to Kate to check on her, it was hard to determine if she was just closing here eyes or if she is really sleeping. He broadcasted, "Hello anyone out there, you've been informed that we are in Holiday Inn. You would see a bus in front of the hotel, don't run at it. I've placed traps around our camp, wait for me to come out and guide you to the bus." He again went outside and checked for survivors.

(Will post for the Zombies later, since cant really bring them in until the survivors get on the road.)

For many days and nights the two had been traveling, getting more and more tired by the minute. Each of them would take a turn driving the beat up old car that often needed to be kicked a few times to start working again. They were on their last legs when finally the old car broke down, and both Amber and Brian Bennett for forced to walk the rest of the way. Amber stuffed her hands in her pocket. "Honestly, I dont see how you would think that." Amber commented as she listened to her grandfather talk.

"Well, I mean, he could bring out an army of undead chickens. That would at least kill us all." Brian answered with a shrug. Amber groaned, smacking her forehead. "Really now Grandpa, how would he get the chickens? Wouldnt chickens be running AWAY from an undead colonel Sanders"

For a moment Brian busted out laughing, "Yes I suppose they would. Fine, you win." he answered her, throwing his hands in the air. Amber grinned, "Exactly. Next topic, Santa Clause as a Zombie, you can start first." she answered. "One word my dear, Elves." Brian answered, while Amber proceeded to roll her eyes. "Yes but what are three foot tall men in green suits going to do to us? I mean, I cant understand Santa, cause he would probably be like a Bo****, but elves? They would be easy to---"

Amber stopped talking as her cells radio began to make noise. She held it to her ear, faintly hearing the voice. They had been traveling for days already, and now they were at the hotel. Yet someone was saying there were traps around it. Amber shook the stupid cell phone, trying to get better radio signal. After a moment she discarded the phone in her pocket. "Oh well, worth a try."

Both arrived at the hotel not more then a moment later.
    You know Della, you make me want to cry, laugh, and beat the crap out of you at the same time ---Damien Vasquez

Hour was waiting for survivors, it's now midnight and Elizabeth isn't back yet. He pity Kate, if she found out that her almost sister turned into a zombie. He fiddled with an unused piece of metal when he saw two figures coming towards the bus, he saw that one was a young teen about the age of 14-15, the other one was probably her grandpa. He signaled them to stop, he went trough a maze of traps and finally made it out of his own work. "Welcome, we're glad to see some survivors. If you would just follow me." he said and led them back to the bus.

(So Essi said she couldnt get on for. . . erm till saturday, so I told her that I would tell you guys that nobody knows about the new zombies yet. The ones that she and bloody stole from L4D lol. So basically the ones that are numbered on the front page are unknown still)

Amber gave the boy who was leading them an odd look, as if she was wandering if he was trust able. She held the barbed wire wrapped pole closer to her, her gloves on so that the barbed wire didnt scrape her hands, though that was unlikely even with the gloves off. She could get around the traps easily, but her grandpa was having much more trouble.

"Damn it." He mumbled as he nearly stepped on a trap, but caught himself at the last minute. He smiled at Amber, "Dont worry bout me, I'm fine." He waved her concern look away as they finally reached the other side of the traps. There was a bus, but from the looks, it didn't seem in much better shape then any other car, but at least it would run.

"Nice place ya got here." Amber's accent showed through a slight bit, hinting at her southern heritage, though it was barely hearable, it was still there.

Brian laughed, "So how many survivors have you got here?" His accent was less noticeable then Amber's which was odd considering his should have been heavier.

(Screw waiting for Saturday, I wrote this during school on my laptop, and I will post it now so that me n Della can move the plot along. Btw she is a co-GM of a sorts, since she came up with the idea of where the plot should go from here since its slowed down a bit. Bloody wanted to say that she and Midnights characters wont join us until later, and unless things hurry along your characters will be left behind. For the sake of moving along either join up with us now, or wait until we get to the next location to do so. Either way I want to get this moving.)

Elizabeth had gone out to hunt for supplies, but what she found was so much better. In fact, so much better that she had to stare for a few moments before actually doing anything. She stared at the little colorful bar of candy in her hand, the package not even open. There were several there, well, more then several there were actually tons of candy bars.

"I guess when people Loot places they dont take candy." She shrugged, popping her knuckled before gathering all of the candy bars into her bag. She was about to turn around when a growling noise cut her off. Figuring it was a Beast she ran as fast as she could from the half collapsed store. But she was wrong, so very wrong.

~*~

Kate had moved from the bus top to the interior of the bus, layin down on one of the seats and falling asleep. Not even noticing when more survivors arrived, she was dreaming of a place far away, a place that wasn't infected.

Not more then a moment later she woke up, hearing a sound that seemed odd, almost like the high pitched wailing of an animal. She stared out the window, the sound was far away, very far away, but it was still hearable. Rubbing her eyes she walked out to see Hour with two other survivors, a teenager and an old man.

"Whats that noise?" She asked sleepily, stretching as the Wailing sound seemed to get even more loud and disturbing.

The creature crouched low to the ground, sniffing at the air, he could smell a familiar scent, one that drove him crazy. It was a smell that was rare these days, for most of his lesser brothers and sisters had already killed them. A low growl echoed deep in his throat, animalistic, almost the sound a beast makes but much different, more deadly.

He moved away from the nest of items he had stored in the back room of the store, enterring the main room and seeing someone there. His mouth had a pool of saliva dripping from it as he growled, racing ahead of the Preything and out into the parking lot. When the Preything walked into the parking lot his growls become louder, he was stalking her through the bushes, wanting to leap on her and kill her immediatly. After all, the Preything had no friends to help her, she would be defensless.

But something made Hazard stop, the sound of wailing had suddenly began to light up the air. He growled angrily, wandering why a Crier (Witch) would be around. Not wanting to get into a fight with the Crier he began to move away from the Preything, angry that he would have to skip a meal that day. He raced away, not knowing he was headed in the direction of a trailer park.

~*~

Witch was stumbling through the streets, her clawed hands over her ace, covered in blood. A leakage of blood from her eyes was almost like tears, as she wailed loudly into the night. Her thin frail body seemed to hardly hold her up as she stumbled along on unsure legs, her wails getting louder and louder, becoming heart wrenching sobs.

It was a ploy though, to lure survivors closer, to get them to come to her, so that she could rip them to shreds with her claws. A menacing smile came over her as she thought about it, though she kept wailing loudly unlike any other noise ever made. Just like any other zombie she wanted to kill, and feed on flesh, but she was different, unlike the stupid zombies she could think in an almost human way, though still she was more animal.

(( Sorry I havent posted!! Have a history quiz on tues that i'm stressing about. Had a quick question though, before I post: Are there multiple L4D zombies? Or is there only that one Hunter and Witch that Della controls? ))
    Currently Playing:
    Defiance
    Dota 2
    Dynasty Warriors 8

Waiting For:
    Graduating College
    Life outside of school
    Dislocated Knee to Heal