Better Left Unknown

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Wand of !!!!!!11!!! Power Reputation: 16

Default Better Left Unknown

INVITE ONLY!

Dr. Megan Stiller: The half-life project

"Dating back to the 1900's our scientists here at Life Inc. have been conducting research on the Half-Life project. A system of reasearch units designed to create the worlds perfect human being. Minor tests on the Fetus of Pregnant woman have been conducted, but so far have shown no signs of progressing.

In the past eight weeks we have gone through one break through, a serum, that may hold promise for us. Details are not known on the serum yet, as it has only been tested on sick or crippled animals, but I hold hope for our future."

two-weeks Later:

" Out of the sixteen pregnant women that we have tested to far only ten of the fetus have shown a difference in growth. Some already developing way past the stage they should be at. And some, even growing at a rate that may be hazardous to their mothers. If things progress any further the unborn children will have to be removed surgically from the mothers womb, as to not cause harm to the women.

The serum is also progressing, nearly ready for human test trials. It is said to cure many diseases, though nothing close to Cancer, it will be able to cure at least fifty percent of the worlds main diseases."

Three months later:

". . . . . . . . . . . . What have we don---" Tape stops here after the sound of a scream is heard.

Seventeen Years Later. . . .

Plot: The Sh*t really has hit the fan, so to speak of course. After Life Inc. was destroyed someone managed to get a hold of the "Serum" developed to cure diseases. Unluckily for them the vial holding the serum broke open, and once that happened a week later the idiot began to cough up blood. The serum does not cure anything, it makes everything worse. Like one big package of disease wrapped into one bottle. Very few people are immune, and they do not even know they are immune.

No, this Serum does not turn you into a Zombie once it kills you. It simply just kills you. Though slowly and painfully of course. Another thing being that it is also extremely contagious. Now, Seventeen years after this happens the world is nothing more then a peice of sh*t wasting away. Very few people remain, among those few are even more infected people. All over the news it is said there is a cure, but every time its almost found it slips away.

In truth, there is no cure, and never will be. Life Inc. Made sure of that. Anyways, that really isn't the point. Point is there are those who are immune. Even if they do not know it. One good thing that the Half-life project did was create ten children who would be able to survive through this deadly apocolypse. Now, those ten survivors have set out for the same goal, find a place to survive.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules:
    INVITE ONLY: If you send me a PM I may change my mind, but only if the other two people who chose people (Not saying who) agree.
    No godmodding.
    No Powerplaying.
    No being a di*k to anybody
    Please post at least a paragraph (5-8 sentances long)
    Post at least once a week.
    None of the characters know each other, but will travel together from the beggining.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Characters skeleton:

Look here, this is gunna be realy simple. I dont care who your character is, what they are like, or where they came from. All I wanna know is.

Name:

Age is not needed, they will all be around 17-20 no need to specify as it does not pertain to anything in this role play.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Characters: (please keep the male to female ratio even. Six girls four guys, six guys four girls, or an even amount being five guys five girls)

Girl 1: Played by Bloodyjane22345
    Name: Kinley Swift
    Apperance:

Girl 2: Played by Bleed_it_out
    Name: Jenny Romanchuk
    Apperance:

Girl 3: Pplayed by Aevi_Thorne
    Name: Ava Zeppler
    Apperance:

Girl 4: Played by Midnight4Chaos
    Name:Alexis Marie Fowler
    Apperance

Girl 5: played by Wolfs
    Name: Monique Chance
    Apperance:

Girl 6: Played by Nightly4Luv
    Name: Auzurite
    Apperance:fire red hair, average height, average wight, green eyes, black top and blue jeans

Boy 1: Played by Seven Ashes
    Name: Jasper Cortez
    Apperance:

Boy 2: played by Immabrit
    Name: mick pierce
    Apperance:

Boy 3: played by Jarhead4life
    Name: Shayne McDonnell
    Appearance:

(How this is going to work is. You will send me your character sheet in PM, then I will add you here. Then once everyone has joined or not I will then make the first post, and everyone else can post as well ^.^)
    Last edited by bloodyjane22345; 11-16-2011 at 10:00 PM.

Where eyes should have been to empty sockets were, the most dark feature of the girl in front of her. It seemed as if she was talking, but when she looked closer she saw the thick black thread that stitched the girls mouth together. ~BLU By LDM

Rock Man Reputation: 11

(lulz, I love you so much Bloody. Btw, I stole those pics of your computer of Jenny. *Points to profile and avatar pic*)
    Kitta stared perplexed at Leo, face a mixture of shock and anger. "No way." She hissed, stomping her foot, "There is no way in hell you're going out there again." Kitta was clearly appalled that he would even ask, not when he had nearly Died last time he went to the surface. ~~~Falcon Daze By LDM

Wand of !!!!!!11!!! Power Reputation: 16

Default Ending at the beggining.

~Kinley Swift~

"Blood red moon tonight." Kinley murmured, staring up into the darkening sky. Ever since the disease swept across the United states seventeen years ago odder and odder things had been happening. Out of them all the red moon was probably the least dangerous, as it was only one small phenomena that did not bother any of them. About seventeen years ago to the day Life inc. was raided, a serum that was said to cure all major diseases stolen, and ended up starting the beggining of the end.

Nothing is known of any other part of the world, most assumed that places like China and Russia had also been killed off by the disease, though Kinley was not completely sure of that. Too bad for her though, she had been born in the one place that the disease ended up ravaging last.

After her home was hit she ran, as far as she could manage. Being an nineteen year old that looked about thirteen didn't help her much though. For one to even get across the Canadian border she had to submit ID to the remaining Life Inc. Officers who were monitoring the diseases growth rate in Canada. Still Kinley didn't know how they did not manage to stop the Disease before it killed off most of the worlds population. Kinley didn't question it though, she just ran.

Somewhere along the way she ended up picking up a few hitchhikers, and in the end she and a whole group were traveling together, trying to find a place void of disease so that they could live without dying an early death. It seemed impossible though.

"Suit up guys, looks like its going to be a long night." she told the others, hopping off the top of the car and grabbing the small pistol out of her bag. Among the many dangers in this new broken down world were those that had gone crazy. On the verge of death, with disease raging through their bodies. If you were touched by the blood of these diseased people you would become infected on the spot, there was no cure, no defense, not even a single prayer that could save you from the possible death.

There were other dangers as well, feral animals, like rabid dogs and raccoon's, as well as the possibility of the more dangerous wild animals, escaped from the zoo or from the forest and mountain areas of the world.

Then there was the most dangerous of all, the raiders. People who had yet to get infected who kidnapped, raided houses, buildings, and killed all who stood in their way. How a group of their size survived so long was unknown, considering the possibility of death at every turn.

Whats worse was the moon phenomena normally made people that much more crazy. Kinley sighed, she was no leader, she normally left things up to Jenny if it really came to it. Though she would rather have one of the older members of the group leading rather then Jenny, who seemed to be trouble from the start.

"I'm assuming theres supplies in there." She said, turning to face the group. "Jenny you and Shayne can search the basement." she then looked towards the others, "Jasper and Alexis will guard camp. While Monique, Mick, and Ava will search the ceiling levels, Azurite and I will get the middle floors." She told them, for once in her puny existence standing up. "Any problems with that?" She asked them, pistol in hand.

They had set up camp in an overgrown area filled with tree's, where as far as Kinley could tell they would be hidden and safe. They had minimal supplies, which was why they would search the building.

Last edited by bloodyjane22345; 11-16-2011 at 09:57 PM.

~Jenny Romanchuk~

Jenny had been staring for quite some time at the sky, her eyes never showing anything but loathing. Most always assumed that Jenny was trouble, and that she was. Only, not the kind of trouble you would think. What Jenny though was "fun" Was the reason that most of the good girls parents would find a bad influence. That wasn't Jenny's fault though, being raised among a bad neighborhood where the most fun she got every week was playing pranks on her neighbor Mrs.johanson. Deadly pranks that in the end made her neighbor sick, or angry enough to lash out at Jenny.

When she heard Kinley begin to speak she looked up from her place on the ground, where she was lying. Propping her head up on her elbows she looked at the girl who looked like she was a little girl still. "So's your leader now? Always thought 'at was my job" her accent wasn't very heavy, but still hearable. "An why do I always get th' basements?" she asked irritably, standing and grabbing her shovel. Jenny had always preferred weapons that didn't make noise, so that she could sneak up easier.

"A'right lets jus' go." She mumbled, grabbing her bag to fill with supplies in case they found anything.
    Kitta stared perplexed at Leo, face a mixture of shock and anger. "No way." She hissed, stomping her foot, "There is no way in hell you're going out there again." Kitta was clearly appalled that he would even ask, not when he had nearly Died last time he went to the surface. ~~~Falcon Daze By LDM

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Monique Chance

It had been a long time since Monique had thought about her home. But there as she lay on the ground near the small hardly warm fire that they had made in camp she was unable to think of anything else. She could feel the presence of all of the others around her, like her mind was hyper aware of everything anybody else did. She could hear Kinley mumbling about the moon, and felt Jenny shift somewhere close to her. The rise and fall of her own chest mimicking everyone elses varied patterns of breathing.

When she chanced a glance up at the moon her mind went blank again. Monique remembered that before this whole disease thing happened that a red moon was normal for an eclipse. Now the red moon happened every other day, a constant reminder of what had happened.

Before all of this she had lived a normal life, with her mother and father, and her several younger siblings. They werent rich but they were not poor either, they lived in a two story house where she shared a bedroom with her little sister Tierra, and she went to a normal school like everyone else.

Most days she would study hard after school in a study group, her brains some sort of miracle. Her mother always joked that as a child she got hit on the head and suddenly knew everything about the world. Monique never thought it was funny but would let out a good natured laugh about it.

Now things like that seemed so simple and far away, as if that life had never existed. Monique snapped back to the world around here as Kinley dropped from the roof of their car, the one that often broke down. Moving up she dusted off her under shirt, it was not yet cold enough to start dressing heavily, so she was normally seen in nothing more then an undershirt and jeans. Now though she began to grab articles of clothing, halfway listening to Kinley.

She pulled her long sleeved shirt on, her jacket, and a pair of gloves. Taking her hair down so that it was somewhat messy but covered the open areas of her neck. She pulled on her boots, having before only been wearing socks, and grabbed her bandana to cover her mouth. She always said better safe then sorry, as the disease was so easy to catch. She snatched up one of the few guns that they had scavenged and looked towards Kinley. "Ay ay boss lady." She told Kinley, slightly snickering at Jenny's remarks.

Spyro’s Burning Cough Reputation: 11

Shayne McDonnell

Shayne rested his hands on his face. He rubbed his eyes under his glasses and then looked at the sky. He kind of liked the red sky. It was strangely calming to him. He then looked at the group. How had he survived he thought. How would they continue to...

He heard Kinley begin to give orders. He zoned in and out, longing for an easier life, one where you didn't have to fight to keep it. Then when she told him and Jenny to check the basement he rolled his eyes. "Yeah, that's great" he whispered under his breath. He reached into his pocket and grabbed a lighter, which he usually flicked open and close, kind of like OCD. "I love hanging out in the dark, don't you" he joked to Jenny as he walked towards the basement.

At least it's Jenny, shayne thought. He felt like he trusted her, no matter how crazy she seemed, he felt like he connected to her. When he got to the entrance to the basement he ran his hand through his dirty blonde hair as he looked back to Jenny, waiting for her to join him. "C'mon, don't wanna die young do we" he joked, kind of a dark joke, but he smiled nonetheless.
    I must confess that I feel like a MONSTER!!!

~Jenny Romanchuk~

Jenny looked at Shayne, "it ain' the dark 'at i'm afraid of" she told him, slinging the bag over her shoulder, and dragging the shovel along with her. "A'right, lets get a move on!" She shouted, catching up to him quickly, as they headed for the basement. She kept the shovel close to her, wandering if she would actually need to use it. Quickly she searched around for a light, while digging in her bag for a flashlight to help her search. "Damn it, lets 'ope this place 'as a genny that we can use." she commented, reffering to a generator.

Soon she found the flash light, flicking it on and examining. The building was old, and she was unsure what it had been used for. With their luck though they probably would find nothing. "Gods its dark down 'ere" She muttered, searching for some sort of light switch. There was a long hall way and a stretch of stairs. she flicked the flash light to the wall her eyes widening as she saw a streak of blood. " We best be careful." She told Shayne, her mood darkening quite a bit.

"Dying young woul' be a joy" She told him matter of.
    Last edited by bleed_it_out22; 11-15-2011 at 03:05 AM.

Spyro’s Burning Cough Reputation: 11

Shayne looked at her and grinned, "Don't be so pessimistic, I love your glowing happiness" he said with a bit of a chuckle. He looked around, using Jenny's light as a guide. He grabbed a plank and looked at it, "You think a 'genny' in this old house would even still work?" he said, now laying the plank down.
    She was right, this place was dark, and gloomy, matching Jenny's open sense of caution, and Shaynes hidden one. He saw the hallway that Jenny noticed. And the blood. "Wonder who that belongs to" he said quietly looking at the blood. He then started walking towards the hall, "Stay behind me" he said to Jenny, as he picked up another loose plank on the ground. It wasn't much, but it was something that could defend himself. "Why did you get the shovel and I get the..." was all he said before he was cut off by a couple of old rotting boards gave way under him, almost making him fall into a, pit like hole. It had water in the bottom, signifying it was just where water had built up under the house over years, and was just a sign of aging. "SH*T!" he quietly yelled as he barely escaped falling into the old water, and was laying on the ground by the new small hole. "Old house" he chuckled as he pulled himself up, now facing Jenny again.
    I must confess that I feel like a MONSTER!!!

Jenny snorted, "Nice goin' " She laughed aloud, waving the flashlight towards the hole and the sourounding floor. " looks like we ain' gettin' over 'ere anytime soon" She told him, noticing that the boards were rotted somewhat, and probably quite dangerous to get over.

She looked at Shayne with a slightly smug look, "If ya wanted a shovel ya shoulda gotten one along the way." she told him with a wave of her shovel. Jenny then examined the room again, waving her flash light around until the light landed on a group of metal boxes. " 'Bingo." She commented aloud, walking over to them.

Looking over them she noticed they had the Life inc. insignia on them. Wrinkling up her nose she shook her head, about to open one of the boxes when the sudden sound of movement made her stop. She looked back at Shayne her eyes widened before suddenly someone appeared from behind one of the larger boxes a ways away. Jenny grabbed at her shovel instinctively, bringing it up in front of her. "Sta' where ya are!" She shouted, hoping that it was a survivor that was not crazy or a part of the raiders.

Slowly she backed up towards Shayne, eyeing the person who had stopped walking towards her. "Any'ne else 'ere?!" She demanded, jabbing at the stranger with her shovel.
    Last edited by bleed_it_out22; 11-15-2011 at 04:40 AM.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Kinley wanted to wait for everyone to leave before we headed off. I stood just behind her checking the blades that where fastened to my belt. Playing with the blades on my belt reminded me of before the Disease when I was just a little girl. I was always attracted to blades and anything shiny I guess. Now that I think about I’m glad my mum made me take up archery it made my aim with a blade much better. “Come on then Azurite” Kinley said and I followed her as we made our way to the middle floors.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast