Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Better Left Unknown

Wand of !!!!!!11!!! Power Reputation: 16

"Y-Yeah, lets just go." Kinley swallowed the lump that had grown in her throat, watching as before anyone could notice Jenny dashed away. How could she handle something like this? Jenny could get them all infected. Though Kinley was sure Jenny wouldnt let anyone touch her at all now. With a plainly fear struck face she began to shovel out, also a bit shocked that she had also been able to pull the trigger, let alone pull it twice. "Come on." She shouted somewhat harshly, looking away from the others and walking as fast as she could. "oh god. . ." She couldnt help herself from mumbling. Jenny was her friend, but Kinley couldnt let an infected stay with them!

Without knowing it Jenny had began something that would never end, a secret that was supposed to be locked away.

Where eyes should have been to empty sockets were, the most dark feature of the girl in front of her. It seemed as if she was talking, but when she looked closer she saw the thick black thread that stitched the girls mouth together. ~BLU By LDM

Spyro’s Burning Cough Reputation: 11

Shayne looked at Kinley as she mumbled her way through her words. He could tell something was wrong, and he knew what it was. He was down their with Jenny. He saw, but what was he going to do. He wasn't going to do anything that would get Jenny hurt, any of them hurt, but still, he knew he was now in danger. He reached down and picked up her shovel and looking at it, "Can't wait to get outta here, he said to Kinley. He then set it down against the wall. "so....uh....where to now?" Shayne quietly asked, just trying to change the subject from what he now knew.
    I must confess that I feel like a MONSTER!!!

Rock Man Reputation: 11

After Jenny had finally managed to calm down she walked towards Kinley, mumbling a bit before speaking louder. "I am. . .Uh going to go check out some other buildings." She mumbled, not meeting neither of her team mates eyes. She took her shovel from Shayne. "Alone? Thats stupid even for you Jenny!" Kinley shouted suddenly, furious once more. Jenny let a smile slip onto her face, her eyes still never straying above the ground, "Ill be fine mom." she laughed, though somewhat humorlessly. Kinley reached out, then drew back, remembering that Jenny was infected now. Jenny let a sad smile slip onto her face before heading for one of the smaller buildings.

"Damn" Kinley growled, kicking a rock into the street.

(So yeah, Bloody is here with me and we just posted together xD)
    Kitta stared perplexed at Leo, face a mixture of shock and anger. "No way." She hissed, stomping her foot, "There is no way in hell you're going out there again." Kitta was clearly appalled that he would even ask, not when he had nearly Died last time he went to the surface. ~~~Falcon Daze By LDM

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Jenny fled. The children agreed to leave the building, dead woman and all. Ava was glad, that specific building gave her unfamiliar creeps. She followed Kinley, and it was pretty obvious Jenny was frightened about the infection, and Kinley didn't want her to go, no matter about the disease. "Hey, Kinley. She'll be fine, she knows what she's doing." Ava said, after Kinley kicked a rock on the ground. "Really. It'll be okay, guys." Ava turned and said to the crowd of kids around her age, eyes sagging with sleep deprivation and hearts down trodden. One of our own infected. Huh.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 12

(sorry if you don’t like but, Alexis zones out a lot. .. Just like me (: so :P )

“Umm, yeah I guess your right. I haven’t talked really at all here so assuming that you haven’t talked to me would be fair.” She said politely to Jasper. Alexis was going to start a conversation but got caught in a day dream while playing with her mother’s old necklace. She remembered the day perfectly. Her parents had just gotten home from their trip to the Miami hotels. The next day would be Alexis’s 10th birthday. That night they had a small family party. Alexis got to open two presents, one her parents would pick, one she would. Her mom decided to give her the most important thing first, her necklace. It was a long golden chain, had few charms, but in the center where it would hang down her chest was a medium sized gold heart with a pearl in it, one of the birth stones for June. Alexis’s mother had this necklace since she was about five, and she gave it to Alexis. Alexis wore it everyday, and now was her memory of her mother.

Alexis zoned back in before she could start crying and looked toward the hospital. She had thought it was a pretty bad idea to search a hospital, but since she didn’t have to go inside, didn’t care. She wanted the others to come out safely thought. Alexis watched as one of them came running out. Then the others followed a bit later. She saw, but couldn’t quite hear to people fighting. She didn’t pay attention to it and looked back to Jasper.

“Hey Jasper.” She said somewhat quietly. “Sorry for zoning out there . . . that happens a lot” she said with a guilty smile.

"Yeah. I know, but that's what I'm worried about." Kinley told Ava, as she headed back off to the camp. When she got there she gave Jasper and Alexis a brief glance before setting her stuff down and grabbing a blanket. She threw it up to the top of the car and climbed atop herself. "We should move soon." she told the others, staring up into the sky. She closed her eyes for less then a second before drifting away, not even realizing she had fallen asleep.

~*~
    "Kinley? whats going on? Wheres Mom" A young girl of about eight faced the older girl, small pale hands clutching onto Kinleys shirt, big blue eyes filled with fear and panic. Outside the house the noise of panic filled the streets, officers were barricading escapes and killing all who had any sign of the disease. Kinley kneeled down, her own tear streaked face confused and in a daze. "Listen to me Lynn, mom went away for a little while. She wont be back. I need you to do something for me though ok? I want you to go over to the neighbors house and stay there for a little bit. A single tear escaped Kinley. Lynn held tight to Kinley, No! I want mommy!" Kinley shook her head, "Mommy's gone Lynn. Now go" She pushed the young girl towards the back door, making sure that she actually went, before grabbing the car keys off of the kitchen table and heading out. Never even saying goodbye to her little sister.
    ~*~

Kinley bolted awake, nearly falling off the top of the car, though she steadied herself and looked around, scanning to see if Jenny had come back yet. "Why did I let you go?" She whispered, not sure if she was talking about Lynn or Jenny.

~*~ Bleed is using my account and phone to post:/ ~*~

Jenny had gotten past fear and self pity, now all that was left was anger, deep anger that would not leave her. The building she had chosen was a relatively clean one, luckily it had working electricity. How ever that happened was unknown. She had not checked what it was so mainly she was walking in blind. After some checking she realized it was a police station. "Well, thats lucky" She said louder then she should have. If she was lucky there would at least be ammo and a gun or two, but a quick check showed that the only thing there were rodents and one box of ammo, with hardly enough in it to last a day.

She honestly did not want to go back to camp, facing the others after being infected was worrying her even more. The sheer possibility that she might be abandoned again burned in her mind. The first time had been when everyone she knew died, but now it was a fact that she would die, there was no way around the infection.

Another thought struck Jenny, a thought that she had kept at the back of her subconscious for quite some time. Jenny knew she was different from most kids, somewhat stronger, and she had seemed to age faster. The doctors had said that it was just a genetic mutation and that nothing was wrong with her, but what if she could beat the infection because of it! Hope pulsed through her, then she became disheartened. How could aging slightly faster and being strong help her at all?

Jenny sighed, checking the entire building before blocking the door. She left the lights on though, and laid down on one of the benches, having no desire to move from that spot.
    Last edited by bloodyjane22345; 11-21-2011 at 04:07 AM.

Where eyes should have been to empty sockets were, the most dark feature of the girl in front of her. It seemed as if she was talking, but when she looked closer she saw the thick black thread that stitched the girls mouth together. ~BLU By LDM

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Azurite

Jenny ran out of the building and the rest of them weren’t far behind her. Azurite started to panic what happened if Jenny gets someone else infected. Then she let that thought slip her mind. Azurite was quite new to the group and didn’t really know anyone besides Kinley. Jenny didn’t seem like the kind of person who would come to close to others now that she was infected. Azurite went to the car and pulled out what was left of one of the raged blanks. Then she sat down leaning on a tree that wasn’t far from there small fire. Pulling the blank over her she looked up at the sky. Seeing that the red moon was about gone brought her a bit of comfort but not much.

Sighing Azurite let the thought of the disease, the red moon and Jenny all slip from her mind. Rest would do her the world of good and there was no way she could fall asleep with all those thoughts. “Kinley, wake me just before sunset” That was normally the time we headed off.

(For the sake of this not dying and moving past the depressing topic of death I am moving this along. xD Bleed will have to deal with me controlling Jenny for the time being since she is watching her kiddo)

Kinley nodded, staying up for the rest of the night. Sometime around the middle of the day Jenny made her reapperance. Keeping mostly to herself, sharing a few words with Kinley before slipping into sleep. Soon Kinley began to rouse everyone else awake, "Come on, we are moving on now." She told them, yawning as she slid into the front seat of the car. They couldnt wait any longer, by then any survivors and infected would have heard the sound of the gun shots from last night. Kinley watched as Jenny climbed onto the back of the car, where she normally sat.
    Last edited by bloodyjane22345; 11-21-2011 at 05:54 AM.

(Sorry, was celebrating my birthday yesterday)
    Shayne woke up to the sound of Kinley's voice, "I'm up" he said a few times, rubbing his eyes. He sat up a little and then started to cough, pretty hard. "SH*t" he muttered. That was weird, he thought. Then he stood up and stretch. Scratching where he had been cut last night. He pulled out his lighter and just flicked it between his fingers a little as he walked to the car, "So, uh, where we headin captain?" he said to Kinley. He coughed one more time then got in the car. "Anywheres better than here". He muttered.

Kinley shrugged, "Anywhere as long as it isnt here. Theres a small town a few miles from here, mostly secluded which means infection probably is low there. I'm sure the raiders probably over looked it as well, so we should be safe." She said then shot him a look. "Dont cough all over us Shayne, if your going to do that you best sit on top of the car rather then in it." She said a bit annoyed, digging in the medicine bag and bringing out a small tablet. "Here," She said, handing him the pill then tossing him the water bottle she was drinking out of. It was the last so they would need more water soon.

Default Azurite

Azurite pulled herself up and started mumbling about still being tired as she wasn’t a morning person. Kinley and a few others were already in the car and ready to get going. Azurite was still half asleep so she wasn’t paying attention but she could hear Kinley going on about Shayne’s cough. “Ahhh I’m gonna sit in the front, don’t want to catch anything” she muttered walking over to the front seat. “So where are we headed” Azurite asked “There’s a small town a few miles from here” Kinley said starting up the car.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 18

Default Wow this is late, sorry pc broken

Mick Pierce

Mick left his perch as he saw a group of uninfected people, they were on the road to his town, everyone had left, but him, he knew he was safe, in his bunker. His rifle was armed, and he took four magazines with him, for extra, he locked the bunker, and left through his exit, and took the rooftop path to what he called 'the watchtower.' "Oh, looks like there are others that aren't infected, good, i was waiting for someone to show up." He laughed when he said this, and he looked, there were a few, he could invite them in, at least be polite, offer supplies. Mick hurried back to his bunker, and checked his supplies, weapons, and his 8-wheeler. "well, looks like raiders will be here soon. They always show up at the worst times."

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Jasper listened to Alexis, zoning off himself before everyone arrived. He noticed Jenny wasn't with them but ignored it for the moment, settling down to sleep. When some time had passed and Kinley woke him up he stood, stretching, and shuffling to get everything together. He threw his stuff over his shoulder and walked over to the car, hopping in the back seat. He then began to read the book once again, ignoring everything around him. Things were always like this, they would stay somewhere long enough to get supplies then leave again. Not that Jasper was normally quiet, it was more like he could sense that something was wrong, he didnt ask though, merely read his book in peace, keeping his mind focused on that and only that.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 12

Alexis was on and off sleeping that night and was up by the time Kinley was. She go up and packed her belongings and made sure her necklace was on. She pulled her hair back so it wouldn’t get in the way of anything. She took it upon herself to make sure there were no sighs of their group being their so, she put anything that would lead to suspicion in the very small fire, let it burn till it was out and scattered the pieces. She was ready to go and slipped into the car while Kinley was waking everyone up. Kinley got in the car and was starting it up. Alexis ease dropped in on her conversation and found out that they were going to a small town not far from here. Oh great . . . well at least its not here. . . she thought to herself.
    Bleed.Bloody.in the Shadow.of Chaos.

Default Azurite

They started to drive off and Azurite put her hand on her belt and looked out the window. Most of the time they don’t have any trouble while they are driving but she felt as though she needed to be ready for anything. Azurite noticed that the car seemed very quiet. Normally everyone was talking or making some kind of noise. The silence felt wrong maybe it was because of Jenny she thought turning her head. Their eyes locked and Azurite turned her head faster then she thought was possible. She felt as though she was just caught doing something wrong.

The silence last until Kinley spoke a few hours later “where almost there” she said. Everyone suddenly stopped what they were doing and looked around. Azurite also did the same checking to see what lay ahead of her. It wasn’t as though they could see where they were going to stop yet but I guess she felt save just see no infected people ‘near’ where they were staying the night.

Shayne was startled by Kinley saying they were almost there. He had, dosed off. He never falls asleep like that. He looked around the car. "Almost there?" he muttered. His arm felt weird. He reached his hand to the cut from the night before. It was still bleeding, not very much, but steadily. His sleeve was drenched. He quickly pulled his jacket off and stuffed it under the seat of the car and pulled a cloth he had out of his pocket and put it on the wound. "Uh, guys..." he said, not sure why it wouldn't stop bleeding. "I wouldn't be saying anything if it wasn't bad, but we really need to stop, I think I'm gonna be sick" he was still holding his arm. It wasn't even a deep cut. How was it bleeding this much. And why was it still bleeding... He had to hide the blood, he thought. Then his nose started bleeding...

(oh shit guys, I'm sorry for being so late *Sniffle* my sister just had her second baby and I had to get all the sleep I could for the past few days)

Kinley continued driving with all the group piled into the car, that was until she looked in the rearview mirror. "Holy shit." She braked fast, jolting everyone foreward and putting the car in park. She turned around and examined Shayne, "Son of a *****." she muttered, "Out! Now!" She yelled, opening her own door and getting out. "Looks like you got a friend Jenny." She told the girl, who had been semi jolted off the back of the car. Normally Kinley would have done this in a more calm fashion, but all the stress and nerves was weighing down on her.