F2P Pokemon Style Monster MMORPG

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

Quote Originally Posted by Skarcrow View Post
    downside for me so far is we start out in the middle of no where? were clueless about the game, no story, all the monster around me were lvl 4 or lower while im lvl 10+, just not friendly at all, to many clicking arrows should make a java type for this would be perfect!
    You do know you could just walk around with wasd or the arrow keys right? Also they have a pretty good tutorial on their youtube page.

General Manager Reputation: 353

Monster you may have made my childhood dream come true. Let's have a chat
    I’d rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Stop being a dirty hobo and pay the cheap monthly sub. - FarmerM

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Lockhart’s are forever Reputation: 14

Game is actually pretty good i am surprised.

I got 2 things to ask for.

1. A full client instead of browser base would be great.
    2. Fix the movement lag. PLEASE
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2
    Currently waiting for: Wildstar

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 52

I played this a bit awhile back. The one thing I'd like to see is to streamline the site to be a bit more attractive. A background with a sense of flair instead of a slate gray and black would bring out a lot more energy. And simplifying the buttons instead of being a rainbow array of colors. Invent a theme that's unique to your game and make it site-wide, it'll raise the production value and bring more players.

Look at Pokemon games, the interactive pieces are normally simple buttons, while the backgrounds and characters are unique and fitting for the role. The mesh of the two with a common theme creates a better aesthetic value overall.

You could do something simple, yet slightly cartoon-y to go with the feel of the monsters you've created, instead of going the tacky tie-dye route.

Detective Kirby Reputation: 12

10k more monster? youre joking i dont think you need that many lol..
    for a game like this no i dont think its a good idea to have that many monster.
    hello. As many as monsters makes the game more fun we believe. so people have more option and more to catch

Quote Originally Posted by zfae View Post
    I think that more monsters are better, more diverse and can lead to detailed people like myself trying to either catch them all. :P

yep exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Alivada View Post
    Looks pretty decent.
    The monsters look original and Pokemony at the same time which is cool (although some of them look a lot better than others), the website could do with a little tweaking so many colours lol.
    Good luck though =)

thanks for your valuable comment

catching all 300 from Pokemon itself was already crazy imagine 10,000 of them AHAH!

good luck tho, they put alot of effort into it, thinking of the name for 600 different 'monster' is already crazy enough, and they dont sound very lame for first time as well + for that
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jermatoo View Post
    Started playing this for a few minutes and gotta say so far I'm loving it. Thanks for making this game OP

thanks for the comment

Quote Originally Posted by Jermatoo View Post
    Started playing this for a few minutes and gotta say so far I'm loving it. Thanks for making this game OP

thanks for the comment

downside for me so far is we start out in the middle of no where? were clueless about the game, no story, all the monster around me were lvl 4 or lower while im lvl 10+, just not friendly at all, to many clicking arrows should make a java type for this would be perfect!

you need to watch tutorial videos. if you watch you will definitely know what to do. the latest tutorial video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4UXxEV8bPI&hd=1

Quote Originally Posted by limpbiz411 View Post
    Game is actually pretty good i am surprised.

I got 2 things to ask for.

1. A full client instead of browser base would be great.
    2. Fix the movement lag. PLEASE

hello. actually we don't have any lag. just keep pressing w,a,s,d or arrow keys on the keyboard. that time you will move without any lag. also client based is not available unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Cesious View Post
    I played this a bit awhile back. The one thing I'd like to see is to streamline the site to be a bit more attractive. A background with a sense of flair instead of a slate gray and black would bring out a lot more energy. And simplifying the buttons instead of being a rainbow array of colors. Invent a theme that's unique to your game and make it site-wide, it'll raise the production value and bring more players.

Look at Pokemon games, the interactive pieces are normally simple buttons, while the backgrounds and characters are unique and fitting for the role. The mesh of the two with a common theme creates a better aesthetic value overall.

You could do something simple, yet slightly cartoon-y to go with the feel of the monsters you've created, instead of going the tacky tie-dye route.
    Cesious thanks for your comment. unfortunately i am lack of gfx artists . because of that reason the web site theme is not as good as it should be as you said.
    Free Browser Based Pokemon Style Monster MMORPG Game Developer

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 52

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMMORPG View Post
    Cesious thanks for your comment. unfortunately i am lack of gfx artists . because of that reason the web site theme is not as good as it should be as you said.
    Just logged on for the first time in awhile. The background has tiles that look somewhat like gems. I actually thought that using those as part of the theme would be more interesting than other ideas, especially monster boxes. Alter the coloring on them, change the sizes and you could have your general theme there about people who wield elemental gems that store the spirits of monsters. Evolutionary gems could be altered to become shards of these elemental gems.

That gives you a large world of customization with the website when you do get an artist that involves the use of gems and crystals from a design and aesthetic edge instead of the current wide array of random colors. Some of your buttons are actual colorful designs, while others are one solid color background. Consistency and style is something that draws and attracts players, random things here and there are somewhat of a turn off.

It isn't a bad game at all though. There are too many dual types as others have said, especially at the start where things should be kept more simple as to not overpower players early on with too much variety. And I don't really get all that much lag while playing, even with the movement scheme. And when you close the chat screen, why not remove that giant bolded message that shows up in its place and instead move the show chat button in its place? It's such an eyesore on my screen that I'd rather have the chat open and ignore it than to have this giant message.

Quote Originally Posted by Cesious View Post
    Just logged on for the first time in awhile. The background has tiles that look somewhat like gems. I actually thought that using those as part of the theme would be more interesting than other ideas, especially monster boxes. Alter the coloring on them, change the sizes and you could have your general theme there about people who wield elemental gems that store the spirits of monsters. Evolutionary gems could be altered to become shards of these elemental gems.

That gives you a large world of customization with the website when you do get an artist that involves the use of gems and crystals from a design and aesthetic edge instead of the current wide array of random colors. Some of your buttons are actual colorful designs, while others are one solid color background. Consistency and style is something that draws and attracts players, random things here and there are somewhat of a turn off.

It isn't a bad game at all though. There are too many dual types as others have said, especially at the start where things should be kept more simple as to not overpower players early on with too much variety. And I don't really get all that much lag while playing, even with the movement scheme. And when you close the chat screen, why not remove that giant bolded message that shows up in its place and instead move the show chat button in its place? It's such an eyesore on my screen that I'd rather have the chat open and ignore it than to have this giant message.
    thanks for your valuable comment. as you said if i had such good gfx artist

And yes i will fix that chat screen issue. Actually the website design is terrible. When i first started developing, my css and html skills were terrible. I use position absolute everywhere and that makes even the small changes very hard

I end up always designing the whole page from scratch ^^

By the time i am planning to hire professional artists to make the game better.
    Last edited by MonsterMMORPG; 11-17-2011 at 11:07 PM.

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Some of those monsters are so cute it's driving me mad.

In a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Some of those monsters are so cute it's driving me mad.

In a good way.
    well we are going to add many more awesome monsters in a few months

especially some for girls ^^

also

Very important notices :
    1- For walking on the map use either w,a,s,d or arrow keys on the keyboard. Keep pressing them for smooth moving.
    2- Game works best on Firefox latest version or Google Chrome latest version

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 33

Pretty damn good for a browser game O.o

Make it like Transformice where they have a stand alone flash player download (if the game uses that) and Browser based.

http://www.transformice.com/

^check it out, its a pretty fun, fully free, Browser and client based game and hopefully it gives you ideas

Bye and good luck Monster I wish you the best

unlike all those text mafia mmos people run in here making hoping its something we've never tried

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast