Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sad Day in California

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 57

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    @Kw1q51lv3r_Vorian:
    Lol **** you too... xD And I wasn't doing the thing you said.

Actually the police is very internationally connected about those things, because the organisation is too. If it where to switch to violence in the US that would be a signal. Where it to switch to violence in the EU that would be a signal too.

As soon as it is safe to assume that there might be violence, that is imo grounds to ban the protest and the only way to ban a protest effectively and prevent it taking place, is sending the police out arresting people who attend and prevent a massing of protesters.

Also, couple of links that show that the protests are not clear cut non-violent.
    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/45338443?__so...%7C&par=google

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...r-wall-street/

If there where an organisation behind this it could try to squash those problems, but there really isn't so the police is forced to clear those protests out.

Now I am personally a little appalled that this is used as a publicity stunt to get massive coverage.

Now I personally know that by the time I am looking for a job 2 years, I will already spend the second one building my own company, by bootstrapping, if I must.

Than 2 things will become apparent
    Either I succeed, or the work isn't out there, I am not able to do something right worth of claiming a wage and I shouldn't be surprised that people are not scouting me of the labor market.

According to you, sub prime mortgages where a good idea?
    Well, the rent was too damn high, wasn't it? People went on the streets because no housing is a tragedy.
    It really worked fabulous in the past.

Shut down wall street? Did you read my post?
    America will go bankrupt in a month and there will be nothing left, nothing. People will flee the country in mass emigration. The US will be left deserted. Do you really think, that making your own electricity is fun?
    What if any part of your generator fails? How about supplying your own water? Your own waste disposal system? I am not even talking about the food. A decentralized production won't ever be able to keep up, by now much of the food already is imported anyways.

There will be at least a couple of years of famine, for those who are so dumb to stay. That is if the US doesn't enforce border control, like the soviets did. Otherwise it's famine for everyone.

If you shut down the wall street for an hour billions are lost. If you can't attribute the value to the money, just see it as hundreds of billions of liters of milk and hundreds of billions of rolls that will never be made, because the money to buy the resources to make them is not there.
    Not every one can do that or have the resources if you are out on the street as some people are with nothing at all how are you supposed to start anything let alone a business. Plenty of people are capable of doing jobs they don't get hired for even if they have a Harvard degree.

I was talking about people getting out there protesting and boycotting and trying to make thing change. As for shutting down Wall Street IMO it's a good idea because the people have tried to do things the "right" way and have been shat on. I doubt that the Government would let things get as bad as you say they would be. I'm sure they have a plan in case something happens on Wall Street after the Great Depression they should have learned.

Entropia Universe Journalist Reputation: 55

Quote Originally Posted by V-Opolis View Post
    Id like to hear how working at mcDonalds helps qualify you as a particle physist. Sure, you need to work at McDonalds so you dont die, but resume wise, lets hear it.
    Your right, if our current civilization can only support 100 particle physicists and there are 10,000 qualified people, mcdonalds wont get you to that point. What it will do is buy you time to re-assess your goals, and to prove your worth so that when you apply to a more realistic position you will be taken seriously. Personally if I lost my job tomorrow and had to work at mcdonalds the rest of my life to support my family, I would do it.

Also I hear something like 4 people for every job open.if thats lie....then education is the issue. Noone is televising what sectors are growing and have high employment rates. Its kinda hard to figure this shit out when there isnt a comprehensive database showing what sectors are lagging with employment.

Your told when your younger you can be whatever you want, some people made the mistake of believing the lies you get told from a young age then get blamed for it. If this isnt the case, could we at least stop broadcasting it all over TV so people don't keep screwing theirs lives up with the lies?Atleast tell the truth if your gonna **** people over. "Hey, your gonna need to be a CPA when you grow up if you want a job. Otherwise youll be on the street or using your bachelors to work a cashier at McDs." seems a little more helpful than slamming an "American dream", "be whatever you want when you grow up", "Your in THE land of the free" down a kids throat. Then again, who wants a non brainwashed kid...
    Your right, the education system, the media, and how they push their agendas are as big or bigger of a problem than anything else.

Schools are big money and they spend big money advertizing how much you need them. Kind of funny now that I think of it, could the root of the problem be the 'corperations' of the Universitys lobbying and paying big money advertizing that is causing the current pain and suffering? I dont know, but it would be kind of ironic if it was.

We are all gamers here, so we understand the need for balance. But that is not what is pushed on us as children or as young adults by the Education System. Kind of unfortunate really.

narfi

EntropiaPlanets - Fan Site I am involved with
    Entropia Wiki

Banned Reputation: 72

USA Wisconsin Language: English only Disability: Language-Based Hates: Grammar Trolls

Id like to hear how working at mcDonalds helps qualify you as a particle physist. Sure, you need to work at McDonalds so you dont die, but resume wise, lets hear it.

Also I hear something like 4 people for every job open.if thats lie....then education is the issue. Noone is televising what sectors are growing and have high employment rates. Its kinda hard to figure this shit out when there isnt a comprehensive database showing what sectors are lagging with employment.

Your told when your younger you can be whatever you want, some people made the mistake of believing the lies you get told from a young age then get blamed for it. If this isnt the case, could we at least stop broadcasting it all over TV so people don't keep screwing theirs lives up with the lies?Atleast tell the truth if your gonna **** people over. "Hey, your gonna need to be a CPA when you grow up if you want a job. Otherwise youll be on the street or using your bachelors to work a cashier at McDs." seems a little more helpful than slamming an "American dream", "be whatever you want when you grow up", "Your in THE land of the free" down a kids throat. Then again, who wants a non brainwashed kid...
    Biggist problem they forgot not everyone can be a Boss,Office worker,programmer, TV host,TV Broadcaster. this jobs have limit how many people they can hire at a time.

What Destroy USA IS bill Clinton gave other country free Trade Agreement. that let Factory Business move out Country use Mexico and China For Slave Labor.

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 57

Quote Originally Posted by Narfi Hungry Willem View Post
    So they were too stupid to research what they were getting into debt for to realize that it had no value?
    x available(or needed) jobs in a profession requiring that specific education vs 100x students studying for that job?

Then to make it worse once they had sunk themselves into a useless debt, they are too lazy to get a job that they believe is beneath their social status?

This is not the sort of person I want choosing how I am governed.

Maybe they should be pissed at their own misspent youth, and realize that they should instead be working towards that 5cent raise they will get proving their worth at a minimum wage job. (which they are too lazy to even start)

IF they swallowed their pride and got a job (any job) and proved their worth to their employer, they will move up the ranks and be able to build a resume to work at better paying jobs. The complete lack of work ethic and pride in a generation of degenerates really leaves me with no interest in the potential that their protest might be for legitimate causes.

I have worked my entire life for jobs that payed less than what I could make. I have chosen that because they were jobs that offered security. I showed my loyalty to my boss's and in turn left them no option but to return that loyalty. (it would cost them a lot of money to fire me)

That being said, I am against police brutality, and it is unfortunate that some things have happened. There are accidents in any job though, and it is my guess from the hype I have read from both sides that there is a much higher rate of police performing their duties correctly than the highly publicized times when they have made mistakes.

"He who is without blame cast the first stone" or something like that, not gonna look up the exact quote.

narfi
    LOL how cute you think that going and applying to the local Wal-mart will solve the mass unemployment problem. I have friend who has been looking for work for well over year now she only has a high-school degree and can only apply to places like Wal-mart yet she has not been hired yet. Let me clue you into something sweetie it's now always that easy. The first time I was unemployed after being laid off it took me six months to find another job at minimum wage. I worked at my next job for 5 years before the place closed down.

Then it took me eight months to find my next low wage job and that was only because we'd just had a bad storm and the place really needed workers otherwise I might still be looking for a job. So you can get off your high horse and stop thinking that going to work for the local Wal-mart or Taco Bell will solve the problem.

In some cases people have tried EVERYTHING they can and still get screwed. That's why so many people are protesting. Not to mention that now a College degree that's supposed to help you find a better job doesn't mean shit currently. That's why people are pissed. You use to be able to pull yourself up to a better standard of life if you tried. Now you're lucky if you can stay out of poverty long enough to afford that chance.

USA Wisconsin Language: English only Disability: Language-Based Hates: Grammar Trolls

Quote Originally Posted by Avarwen View Post
    LOL how cute you think that going and applying to the local Wal-mart will solve the mass unemployment problem. I have friend who has been looking for work for well over year now she only has a high-school degree and can only apply to places like Wal-mart yet she has not been hired yet. Let me clue you into something sweetie it's now always that easy. The first time I was unemployed after being laid off it took me six months to find another job at minimum wage. I worked at my next job for 5 years before the place closed down.

Then it took me eight months to find my next low wage job and that was only because we'd just had a bad storm and the place really needed workers otherwise I might still be looking for a job. So you can get off your high horse and stop thinking that going to work for the local Wal-mart or Taco Bell will solve the problem.

In some cases people have tried EVERYTHING they can and still get screwed. That's why so many people are protesting. Not to mention that now a College degree that's supposed to help you find a better job doesn't mean shit currently. That's why people are pissed. You use to be able to pull yourself up to a better standard of life if you tried. Now you're lucky if you can stay out of poverty long enough to afford that chance.

yep. they useup College idea soo much they have to limt how many people from college even get a job
    Last edited by xBlazex; 11-22-2011 at 01:52 AM.

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 200

Even if you specialize in trades, you're still going to have a hard time finding a job.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by xBlazex View Post
    yep. they useup Collage idea soo much they have to limt how many people from collage even get a job
    "yep. they useup college idea soo much they have to limt how many people from college even get a job"

I may be wrong and you really did mean collage, but I don't see how a "collage idea", a form of art, relates to getting a job.

Entropia Universe Journalist Reputation: 55

even if there were only 99 qualified people, McDs would not help you with such a job. You'd be better off doing internships, but those dont pay so your almost ****ed.

"hmmm, So you worked at McDs.....Your hired, now go do brain surgery on that guy."
    You are right, its not going to get you into brain surgery, or as a Lawyer, or a multitude of other positions requiring higher education.
    It will feed you and your family untill you can get back on your feet though.

I dont see it. a minimum wage job really only helps you get other min wage jobs, or a slightly higher paid job in the minimum wage building....like a 10 dollar/hour job. Youd have to be a fool to put McD on your resume for experience for a surgeon position, or particle physist, nurse or any highly skilled labor.

Your right, sometimes you have to work at McDs....but not everyone can, there are only so many out there. But McDs will never help you get a highly skilled labor job with a comfortable salary.

Also you cant really just reevaluate and go to college again, your already 25k+ in debt, i dont think bangin out another debt fix like its heroin is gonna help you. Those debt bills will be so massive, you may as well just finish yourself off before father time gets you.
    You have to stop and look at your situation and how to make it better.
    "25k+ debt, check"
    "temp job at mcDs to stay alive, check"
    "spending time every day looking for a better option...."

If I lost my job today and knew that My current education would be useless for obtaining a new job, I would look at technical professions that offer on the job training.
    Construction,
    Mechanic,
    Aircraft Mechanic, (what I am now, worked my way up from a minimum wage baggage handler to apprentice mechanic to licensed mechanic to licensed inspector to Director of Maintenance who has been with the company longer than anyone else)
    Plumber,
    Electrician,
    TV Dish installer,
    Police or Security,
    Military, (always hiring, and rewards people with good work ethics)
    Media,
    Plethora of City worker jobs,
    Heavy Equipment operator, (with experience can make good money)
    Oil fields, (good money)
    etc....

I don't have time to think of more but that's just off the top of my head.
    If I lost my job right now and needed to support my family and given the location I am, I would likely choose the oil fields. But we each have our own personalities and areas of interest that will help determine what we choose, the key is that when desperate to care for our families we swallow our pride and do what is best for them.

narfi

EntropiaPlanets - Fan Site I am involved with
    Entropia Wiki

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 140

this is crazy

this is crazy
    these people are hardly doing anything
    Last edited by Delamorte; 11-22-2011 at 08:48 PM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 640

People do not notice, it seems, that getting a job is always a competition.

This is similar to the idea, that maximizing profits isn't important; Other than that you are looking for "sustainablitiy" nowadays.

It's all wrong.

If you want to make money you have to constantly make something no one else makes, that wasn't there before. You need to swap that for other goods that are equally innovations.

The only way to gather money, is to first create values, by using the human spirit and intellect, that is only available to you "creatively".
    Every form of creating value is the result of applications of creativity.

Everything else does not make you money.

If you want to get a job, you need to be able to do something that other people can't. If you are not doing that, you are not going to be creating values.

If you want a job, you need to be creative.
    No one will come to tell you what to do.

The job for people just doing what they are told does not exist, because there is no value created that way.

@Avarwen:
    Bootstrapping means you create a company without using any investor capital. By forcing yourself to only take up jobs, that are suitable to finance themselves, you do not allow yourself to become a puppet of investor interests. You also do not enhance you personal financial risks, over the risks you already have individually.
    You do not need any form of capital and you do not create any problematic responsibilities.

If you don't want to hit the bank, you do not have to hit it.

Every job needs to pay itself. In this fashion no job will include picking up additional money from yourself, the bank, or other creditors.

This form of creating a start-up isn't suitable for all business endeavors, but it is available for anyone.
    All you need is being able to offer individual pieces of work, that are worth to be paid for, either on your own or with your associates.
    Last edited by Ronin; 11-22-2011 at 10:19 PM.

Stay frosty.

This makes me sick.

Even when I have to say that I am completely baffled as to what wtf she was doing there.

This makes me sick in the stomach.

Stay frosty.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 35

or sick as in she got Leonidas drop kicked in the stomach by a cop? In which case i can agree.
    Off Topic: Definitely going in my sig

Quote Originally Posted by Hizumi View Post
    lol marriage isnt really needed anyway, it was never meant to be between ONE man and ONE woman lol. women were basically property fyi blaze.
    or sick as in she got Leonidas drop kicked in the stomach by a cop? In which case i can agree.

sick as in wtf a pregnant women is at a protest? She doesnt look like shes pregnant to the point she shouldnt be protesting. In which case, pregnant women still can protest. Being pregnant doesnt mean you have to stay in your house for 9 months, although it may be wise with all the bullshit laws and crap going on regarding miscarriages. YOu may want to sterilize a bubble, and live in it. I know id be terrified to leave the house down here in the South if I was pregnant.

theres a small chance hes actually not an undercover, but its def doesnt look like it. Since he goes into police controlled area without a cop touching him. Kinda matches the stories of undercovered going into the OWS camps and startin shit though. Theres been a few stories of undercovers starting stuff so they can get the the cops permission to raid. But im not sure what to believe anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=DmtCsXrYUm8#!
    youtube tags wont work

no point tell this people they think the government and Law is all way right. some laws are made to be breaking.

I just like hearing myself talk....
    im listen to you. i think pay off cops did first place. that start fight and uncover cop did same thing to blame on protester.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 107

although it may be wise with all the bullshit laws and crap going on regarding miscarriages.
    Say what now? When did they make laws against miscarriage?

scorpio
    [SIGPIC]

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 107

ill find the source ,bout some states in the South passed laws that if you cant prove you didnt cause the miscarriage, yo ucan get charged with the babies death.
    I really hope your kidding.

scorpio
    [SIGPIC]

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 93

I don't mind OWS again, but

https://www.facebook.com/shares/view?id=324452690904396

This is why the movement is pointless.

Codename: Duchess Reputation: 195

Quote Originally Posted by darkness35 View Post
    I don't mind OWS again, but

https://www.facebook.com/shares/view?id=324452690904396

This is why the movement is pointless.
    Right click the image, go "view image" and copy the url(should end in .jpg), paste the link here or embed the image so we can actually see it ;P

I editted my post, let me know if im a dumb **** and reading it wrong, but im pretty sure Im not.

If ya get your GF or wife pregnant, you best put em in a sterilized bubble and never let em leave. Also god forbid she eats food....All the additives may **** with the baby, so you may not want to feed her unless you got a garden out back. But you can still get sick off of natural food, still might not be a good idea to feed her. Water is never 100% clean. You may not want to give her water either. Best of luck.

judging by those cases, they could prob prosecute you by what you eat also. " Your diet wasn't the healthiest you could possibly eat....here, have 10 years."
    Let's also not forget about SOPA and the fact Congress banned any "stakeholder" that opposed the bill from even showing up to the hearing - http://www.yousaytoo.com/congression...llowed/1434936

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/n...ate-google.ars
    Last edited by olaph; 11-23-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by olaph View Post
    Right click the image, go "view image" and copy the url(should end in .jpg), paste the link here or embed the image so we can actually see it ;P

Let's also not forget about SOPA and the fact Congress banned any "stakeholder" that opposed the bill from even showing up to the hearing - http://www.yousaytoo.com/congression...llowed/1434936

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/n...ate-google.ars
    Ugh, it's a 46 comment on how people are using OWS as a way to just ***** about something. And sadly, the moronic college losers just emotionally overreacting and instead decided to throw insults and racism there.

well most of the *****ing is pretty legit. It just looks like it wasn't to well done so it seems to be falling apart, along with the police pulling Backdrop Drivers on the protesters left and right.
    It's not really legit if you use it to ***** about how a college is shitting all over their Liberal Arts department and using a denied teacher of his/her's tenure as a reason to make it look serious

What does SOPA have to do with OWS?
    On the other hand what does police brutality have to do with it...

@V-Opolis:
    Everything about it makes me sick.

Stay frosty.