Thread: I realized

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 125

Default I realized

That I am so very different from everyone around me, and for most of my life I've only been acting the part of the person I should be based on my surroundings, to the best of my abilities at least. While I'm not doing this, I'm just quiet as I have no genuine interest.

I observe others while I'm out and about or at work, and wonder why I don't interact with them the same way they interact with each other, at least not genuinely. I'll have a conversation when spoken to and I'll make people laugh, but don't care to start conversations myself. Most people like me and just consider me to be quiet, but I really feel like I'm a different species trying to blend in to a world that has very different eyes than my own. My thoughts of the strange world around me are unending unless I have something to distract me.

iunno i guess im a crazy purzsun¯\_(o_o)_/¯

Why I share? Cuz I'm bored as shit and out of.. the stuff, which is ironically the only thing I've found that sparks my interest in anything.
    bam pow bam

Heads or Tails Reputation: 30

I can relate, at least partially.

I wouldn't say that you're a crazy person because in the end I think you'd be surprised how many people feel this way.

Codename: Duchess Reputation: 195

Not fitting in isn't actually a bad thing.

Retired Staff Reputation: 704

I also can relate, up to the point I'm able to have conversations with them. Than I become the annoying one instead of the nice quiet guy. lol

It's probably the autism with me from that point on.

in the sky with diamonds Reputation: 1151

I'm sorta similar, except that when I DO find a person I click with, I won't stfu. If I find someone with similar interests, I really enjoy talking to them.

Its amazing how we're all so different, and all so much the same all at once. Part of the difficulty of being human, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Oisterboy View Post
    I'm sorta similar, except that when I DO find a person I click with, I won't stfu. If I find someone with similar interests, I really enjoy talking to them.

Its amazing how we're all so different, and all so much the same all at once. Part of the difficulty of being human, I guess.
    It's even more crazy when someone who knows you as "the quiet guy" is talking to someone else who knows you as "the guy who never shuts up".

Quote Originally Posted by olaph View Post
    It's even more crazy when someone who knows you as "the quiet guy" is talking to someone else who knows you as "the guy who never shuts up".

I always thought that my cousins hated me because they never talked to me. I assumed they thought they were too good for me or whatever (might have had a bit of a chip on my shoulder...) and blew them off for a good 5 years.

Now I feel terrible, because I found out that they just aren't the talkative type. I dunno when it happened - teen years? Because when they were kids I never remember them being quiet.

They're the type of dudes who will gladly have a conversation with you, but don't strive to continue it. Like "how are you doing man?" is responded with "good." and thats the only thing you get. You have to push them and ask them about school and other stuff if you want them to tell you.

Its not a bad thing by any measure, just a little bit different and difficult if you're not used to it

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 20

Haha,i am the same way Oisterboy, I don't talk to people at less they talk to me but once i start a conversation with them and realize they have the same interests has me,I never shut up. xD
    my NEW rp: Mithril: Fantasy

mithril Fantasys website: http://mithrilfantasy.webs.com/

Maybe we just need to expand our interests so we have more in common with average joes

or maybe we shouldn't,because then that would think we was even stranger when they found out our other interests...don't you think?

I always thought that my cousins hated me because they never talked to me. I assumed they thought they were too good for me or whatever (might have had a bit of a chip on my shoulder...) and blew them off for a good 5 years.

Now I feel terrible, because I found out that they just aren't the talkative type. I dunno when it happened - teen years? Because when they were kids I never remember them being quiet.

They're the type of dudes who will gladly have a conversation with you, but don't strive to continue it. Like "how are you doing man?" is responded with "good." and thats the only thing you get. You have to push them and ask them about school and other stuff if you want them to tell you.

Its not a bad thing by any measure, just a little bit different and difficult if you're not used to it
    My conversations aren't much better then your cousins, however it depends on who i'm talking and what we are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by TKkira View Post
    or maybe we shouldn't,because then that would think we was even stranger when they found out our other interests...don't you think?
    True, trueeeee.

But you don't have to be best friends with everyone you start small talk with

True, trueeeee.

I love having conversations with Cabbies and Servo attendants.

True, trueeeee.

I don't think. I could have said it better myself , i might have to attempt it at some point

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 151

I'm almost exactly like you.

Absolutely nothing wrong with it though, it's just a more defensive way of living.

$$$

I don't even try to talk to people about most of my interests anymore. But I'm still in high school, where everyone is retarded. So hopefully later in life either I'll grow up or my peers will grow up.

TOTALFVCKBOY Reputation: 715

They won't, Skald. You have to go out and find people with the same interests as you to talk to. When you get to college (if you go) there will be a larger community, but proportionally people will remain pretty stupid, so there'll be more interesting people in terms of number.

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 44

Quote Originally Posted by Xenonight2 View Post
    They won't, Skald. You have to go out and find people with the same interests as you to talk to. When you get to college (if you go) there will be a larger community, but proportionally people will remain pretty stupid, so there'll be more interesting people in terms of number.
    This. ^

If not, you'll become a loner. Like meeeeh.

Well, for my first college year anyway.
    Until I met my now best friend. ;o.
    "Should've known you'd bring me heartache, almost lovers always do.
    Never gonna change my mind, we can leave it all behind."

Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness.

Narcolepsy/Somniphobia.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 22

I always regret having conversations with people who talk to me, they dont stop coming back.. especially ugly people eww

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 29

Not fitting in isn't actually a bad thing.
    I will stand by this statement.

League of Legends
    [Primary] NA Server - Shadud
    [Secondary] EU West Server - Shadud

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 125

Many reassuring words up in hurr. I have more to say but the internets is a little too wide open.

But I'm glad I have joo internets, to help show me the real variety in people that I can't find around myself.
    bam pow bam

Quote Originally Posted by Elion View Post
    Many reassuring words up in hurr. I have more to say but the internets is a little too wide open.

But I'm glad I have joo internets, to help show me the real variety in people that I can't find around myself.
    The internet allows all the strange kids to be epically cool!

Lockhart’s are forever Reputation: 15

I only have one person I would call a friend. Doesn't mean I won't make more later.
    The internet allows all the strange kids to be epically cool!

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Yeah I am relating to this. I feel like I'm not bonded to their world/circle no matter how I interact with them. I just can't. I feel more like some chameleon changing it's color to fit in the background.. or disguise. Maybe because it's not the real me their seeing and it's not like I'm going to show the real me...