Thread: Why cell phones are ebil

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 35
    Former staff, despite what fascist staff members might say.

Default Why cell phones are ebil

So yesterday my dog tripped on my router cord while he was sniffing around and knocked it off the desk making it break in two (I shot the dog... kidding. I was forced to leave him outside for 2 hours though <_<). I installed my old, crap router last night just to keep me going for a few hours and today I stopped at Best Buy and picked me up a new one. So, I was under the desk plugging the bastard in and all the sudden soemthing beeps. I was startled and jumped up, whacking my head on the desk. I've got a nice lump there now. So something keeps beepign and I have no idea what it is. I looked around for like 10 minutes when I finally realized my pocket was beeping. Apparently, I had a text message.

I don't have text messaging included in my plan so I can't send text messages but I CAN receive them for a nice 10 cents a message. Wanna hear what the message said?

"im bord rght bck."

<_<

Ride em’ Yoshi Reputation: 10

Yes cell phones are ebil, people think of having one as a social status, and then there are the plans oh just don't get me started.

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 35
    Former staff, despite what fascist staff members might say.

I just have one because I have a tendency to ride my bike to other states (Ohio). My mom likes to check up on me <_<. Its a ***** when you're trying to eat at places you shouldn't be at (Hooters).

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

You'd think people would put a little more effort into typing out their message.

You'll probably end up giving up several limbs to get the most out of your cell phone, phone companies seem to charge to much in my opinion.

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

I know alot of girls in my school that dont use their cell phone for talking. Well they do but mostly they just use it for text messaging. They spend the whole class period text messaging. Then when you call them. Every two minutes is like "Oh wait! I got a text message! Let me read what it says!"

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 10

Everyone in my class already has cellphones and I'm one of the 3 kids left without one. Honestly the only reason you'd need one is if you're going to be contacted for important/emergency situations. Not for talking to your friend for 2 hours because that's just spending too much money on your cellphone bill when you can just use your house phone instead.

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 10

I never use my phone, probably why my dad disconnected it. =/

Staff Admin Reputation: 29

Do you have Verizon? Any ways regardless if you signed up for text messenger or not you will be able to use it. When I first got my phone it was disabled and I could not send or recieve them (my mom didn't want me to) how ever around November of last year I was able to recieve and send them, it seems Verizon enabled it and now allows you do it it. Of course it costs money every time you open a message and send one, so that is really how they are doing it.

Firor's Fury Reputation: 100

Cell phones in general are a fricking ripoff.

People just use them as a way to act cool.

Who in the hell is ever going to NEED texting and all that other crap, when they have a phone?

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 10

ROFL...
    the only thing that baffles me is that people would actually pay $500+ for a cell phone...lmao.

Retired Staff Reputation: 10

Staff Admin Reputation: 29

LOL I love that, but there are many reasons to text, one being the fact you cannot just pull out your phone will in a work meeting or at work, nor can you do it while at school. Messenging is more discreet and therefore easier to do while in certain places.

Rock Man Reputation: 12

I have a cell phone and not a home phone lol.

Im going to sound really stupid but what does ebil mean? :o

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

while reading i was thinking OMFG ITS A BOMB

Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 10

I don't agree with how some of you said that people only have cell phones because of status or a way to act cool. Sometimes, teens like me are always out and parents want to know where you are, so they can call you. Or if you are in an emergency and you need to call for help etc. I talk a lot on my cell, cause I got 3 months free but also, after that, in my plan if someone calls me, I've got unlimited minutes. I use my cell instead of my home phone cause sometimes my parents need to use the home phone and then I can't use it >.< Also my cell has speaker phone but my home phone doesn't.

Lockhart’s are forever Reputation: 10

lol funny comic, I have a cell phone but I haven't used it for like a few months now, I don't see why people spend so much money just to text message constantly. If you ask me that's a waste.

Banned Reputation: 10

I think it's ok to have a phone and use it as a means of communication, but when it becomes more of a symbol, that's where a line needs to be drawn.

Retired Staff Reputation: 10

Screw the Razor!

Slivr = Itunes.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 10

I broke my cellphone, it fell out of my hand, BUT I SWARE IT WAS THE PHONE'S FAULT FOR BEING SO SLIPPERY!

so yeah.. its ebil