Silkroad-R Ipad 2 Leveling Contest

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    General Manager Reputation: 346

Default Silkroad-R Ipad 2 Leveling Contest

OnRPG is teaming up with Joymax for one of our greatest contests ever! In celebration of the launch of Silkroad-R we are hosting a leveling competition! Those that challenge the gauntlet and survive will be given a shot at winning one of 20 iPad 2s!

The rules of this contest are simple. Visit our Official Event Page and follow the instructions there to register for an account on our designated landing page. From there you simply level to 20 before February 17th to become eligible to win!
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Can't even apply. Tells me "Internal error! Try again later". Been trying every day since it first showed up on website. Always getting that error.

Thanks for letting me know! I'll bring this to their attention. Let me know if you can provide a screenshot or any other information.

Edit: I tested it out myself. Didn't have any issues with the registration process, though the download button at the end of registration was broken. When I hit back it gave me an error but I was still able to log in from the main page. The actual download speed though is horrendous! I'm going to talk to them about allowing OnRPG to host the game client on our high speed FTP server to allow you guys to get into game faster.

I've sent an email to the PR agency sponsoring the event with your complaint maripaans. I'll update this thread if I learn anything.
    Last edited by DizzyPW; 01-21-2012 at 05:42 PM.

History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

The download speed is terrible indeed. Haven't downloaded it yet.

I don't know if you got me but I got that error here from Onrpg(not their site). where you push "Sign up for contest". That's where I got that error.

Last edited by marcipaans; 01-21-2012 at 05:58 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 57

Quote Originally Posted by marcipaans View Post
    The download speed is terrible indeed. Haven't downloaded it yet.

I don't know if you got me but I got that error here from Onrpg(not their site). where you push "Sign up for contest". That's where I got that error.

Where you actually apply is the blue link in the chat above that. Since they monitor the accounts I'm pretty sure. Also is it for only people that reach level 70 or is it more of top 20 highest levels kind of deal. Like say I reach level 63 and the date passes would I still be eligible?

Ah ok I see Marcipaans. Sorry about that. When OnRPG was originally designed the programmers decided that the only events they would be running were item key giveaways. So when they programmed things to run without keys, the coding to give the key away is still included in the page set-up. That's why it says 0 out of 0 keys at the top of the page and why you get an error if you sign in.

We have bigger issues to work on to improve the site (like the forum lag with chrome) so this is an issue that we've put on the back burner since it doesn't directly hinder anyone (though it sure can be confusing in situations like this).

I still haven't received word on hosting the client through OnRPG yet. Takes a while when I'm working with a PR agency since all messages have to be bounced through a couple people and then bounced back through that same network to get me an answer.

@boinker: They actually lowered the level requirement down to 20 the day after I set this contest live. So it's going to be a random drawing performed based on anyone who enters and hits level 20. I'm not involved with the drawing process for this contest so I can't tell you what the odds are as I have no way of directly tracking how many people have entered so far.
    Last edited by DizzyPW; 01-23-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPW View Post
    Ah ok I see Marcipaans. Sorry about that. When OnRPG was originally designed the programmers decided that the only events they would be running were item key giveaways. So when they programmed things to run without keys, the coding to give the key away is still included in the page set-up. That's why it says 0 out of 0 keys at the top of the page and why you get an error if you sign in.

We have bigger issues to work on to improve the site (like the forum lag with chrome) so this is an issue that we've put on the back burner since it doesn't directly hinder anyone (though it sure can be confusing in situations like this).

I still haven't received word on hosting the client through OnRPG yet. Takes a while when I'm working with a PR agency since all messages have to be bounced through a couple people and then bounced back through that same network to get me an answer.

@boinker: They actually lowered the level requirement down to 20 the day after I set this contest live. So it's going to be a random drawing performed based on anyone who enters and hits level 20. I'm not involved with the drawing process for this contest so I can't tell you what the odds are as I have no way of directly tracking how many people have entered so far.
    Ah! Cool! I'm almost there then, I was using my days off to level hah. The download speed on there server went just fine for me o:

Edit: Another question is, is there a way to confirm you did the whole registration right and are going to be included in the drawing? And one more question, how will you know who is who when the winners are picked?
    Last edited by boinker; 01-24-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Retired Staff Reputation: 492

I get internal error as well.

There seems to be a misunderstanding to this internal error and how to register. It will cripple my chances and all, but everyone deserves a chance at this great giveaway

http://imgur.com/fjDGV

^Click link for image since it does not want to show on the page for some reason haha^

Just had to read the text a little bit on the contest page...its pretty self explanatory .

Thanks for that image.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast