Graphic Designers

Hybrid View

Firor's Fury Reputation: 30

Default Graphic Designers

I've been curious, as to all the artists here. Who is actually a graphic designer, and who does it for a mere hobby?

I'm thinking about changing my career paths and I'd like some feedback.
    I really don't want to be a mechanic, but I don't want to hit a dead end in graphic designing.

I want to know how far it can go, as to animation, prints, advertisments. etc.

If any of you guys can peak my interest in graphic design once again, I'd appreciate it.

Codename: Duchess Reputation: 195

I do it professionally(over 8 years experience), mostly contracting on the side now days as I have recently changed careers.

Retired Staff Reputation: 246

should read "pique my interest" btw

/spelling nazi

also, best of luck.

Pique my interest? Can I get a lead? Never heard of it before.

Also, olaph, would you say its a reliable career once headed the right track?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 137

It's a poverty stricken career unless you live in the right place or work for a soul-sucking firm.

It's a massively competitive industry and unless you really feel a calling towards it you should look into other options.

There's also the issue of your specialization. Animation, industrial, print and web design are virtually completely different worlds in terms of their industry and the requirements for the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Serix View Post
    It's a poverty stricken career unless you live in the right place or work for a soul-sucking firm.

It's a massively competitive industry and unless you really feel a calling towards it you should look into other options.

There's also the issue of your specialization. Animation, industrial, print and web design are virtually completely different worlds in terms of their industry and the requirements for the players.
    Is there the possibility of going in two categories of the industry? As in, print, and animation? It would further increase the opportunities would it not?