Are You an MMO-FO Challenge! (TERA)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I was born into a different age. An age of adventure, of challenge, an age of real gaming. Back then, we didn't call games "hard" and whine about details; we persevered with those pixels until we had collected every last pellet, ring, and coin. We didn't call games "difficult", it was like saying "that dog has four legs", why bother stating the obvious? Nowadays, kids call the tougher games "Nintendo-hard", harkening back to an era where you actually had to give a shit. None of this auto-saving, tab-targeting, respawning-at-the-boss nonsense.

And MMOs have always been one of the worst culprits when it comes to skill, and anything resembling fast-paced action combat. Hell, I convinced my brother to sign up for TERA through instant messenger while he was in the middle of playing a Priest in an endgame raid on his current MMO. What happened to that golden age of challenge? The thrill of overcoming an opponent with reflexes and strategy, not superior gear and a hyper-responsive pinky finger?

That's why I dig TERA, a game that plays as amazing as it looks. Which is, to say, wonderful. A game that really gets your blood boiling, whether it's PvP, soloing a BAM, or just exploring a swamp full of weird little jungle dudes with a severe frog fetish. Skill-based, action combat, in an MMO, has finally arrived. I have loved every moment of every CBT so far, and am currently battling TERA withdrawals even as I type.

I am an MMO-FO. I think, deep down inside, all gamers are. We don't want to be handed our enemy's ***, and the accompanying XP, on a silver platter. We don't want to have the option to go AFK during boss fights. We want a real challenge! We're not going to unsubscribe and call the police just because the tab key went out on our keyboard! Sure, we may have to clean those dusty tab keys every once in awhile, but it's a small price to pay for glorious action MMO combat!

TERA has issued gamers everywhere a challenge. Let us rise up and accept it!

General Manager Reputation: 353

All these entries make my heart smile. Well played.

Edit: Just realized I posted Saturday March 2nd in the OP and no one called me out on it. Sorry for the confusion! The contest is still open for another 40 hours!
    Last edited by DizzyPW; 03-02-2012 at 04:58 PM.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

It's a sign you're a bad person if somebody else acted like you, you would hate them. - Swagger Pope

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

We are MMO-FOs.
    Hard is not a personal reflection of our applied effort but instead a reference to others who cannot fathom the depths we traverse to indulge in what brings us joy. We alter the rules made common by the small, damage your sheltered psyche's and traumatize your worlds. A MMO-FO dropkicks your *** into high gear merely by his/her presence and expects you to return the favor ten fold. We thrive on challenge, delight in vigor, and rest only in death between resurrections. Our minds -RNG refashioned, each one unique, mysterious and obscure. Predetermined attacks are absent in us. You didn't expect our previous move, you won't expect the next.. or the next. Give us a challenge! A feat of impossible endurance to diffuse our hard cores to a liquid fusion of adrenaline. Give us a stone cake and let us find a way to eat it. We are MMO-FOs and we hit keys that aren't there and approve OURSELVES as one within the rank!
    But I digress...
    We're unusually focused and robust, immune to the face of easy sauce. Throw away the wimpy geek figure who can only function in a virtual world, MMO-FOs are hardcore and inexplicably ripped for real world thrashing. When things get tough, we want it tougher. MMO-FOs bring back the fun into an MMO, we bring back the fun into the game. Are you whining at the game for being too hard? Rationalizing a difficulty decrease to keep your rat brain sane and your pathetic ego on blast? Go back to your pre-game mmo and grow some MMO-FO before joining the big boys/girls.

We are MMO-FOs... Let's go.

I am the most BADASS MMO-FO out there! No one has what I got! I go to bed, dreaming of all the brosephs I'm going to pawn with my amazingness. I see myself running through tons of mobs, aggroing all that shit up, and giving one baws wind spin! BAM ALL THOSE BISHES JUST FALL! Yeah bro! Come at me? COME AT ME BRO! Yeah, you all wish you were on my level. I be playing Tera, and you don't even see my warrior come up from behind and FACK your noobself up! You want a piece of this shit? How about a piece of metal, in your chest? BECAUSE HELLS YEAH, I'M THE BEST!
    I suppose now, I should rant about how baws I am, and how jelly you all are. I distract you with my sexyass self, with my huge bewbs, and sexual moans. I WILL SEDUCE YOU AND OWN YOU! You;ll be like, "Oh GAWD I wanna tap that Castanic Warrior!" And I'll be like "YEAH YOU WISH YOU COULD MOFO!" POW You are on the ground. I do more damage than Chuck Norris. I AM BETTER THAN CHUCK NORRIS, JACKIE CHAN, AND MACGYVER PUT TOGETHER!
    Ohemgee I am so amazing! Dude, I troll so supa hard, while owning your butt, so you go and QQ in poor Area chat. YEAH THAT WAS ME! I am so freakin BAWS! You guys don't even understand how baws I really am! My level is here, while yours is way down there, below my shit! I is the ultimate MMO-FO, and none other compare. I pawn your nubness with all my badass moves, with my bawstastic skills, and baws power. This ain't no tab spam click shit, this is the real thing! I AM THE REAL THING! So, come at me bro, because im so baws, and dont even try to
    GET
    ON
    MY
    LEVEL
    because you aren't MMO-FO enough to get close ^^ <3
    Last edited by justchrissy93; 03-03-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPW View Post
    All these entries make my heart smile. Well played.

Edit: Just realized I posted Saturday March 2nd in the OP and no one called me out on it. Sorry for the confusion! The contest is still open for another 40 hours!
    MMO-FOs don't complain, but don't you also need to update it to Sunday, March 4th for the winners announcement? Monday is the 5th.

Updated.~~~

It's a sign you're a bad person if somebody else acted like you, you would hate them. - Swagger Pope

History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

The first rays of dawn touch my cheeks as I lie in bed; signaling me to wake up. I get up and do a few stretches and yawn and look out the window at the beautiful expanse of fields. But I see on the horizon smoke billowing up towards the sky. Hmmm.... Must be goblins again... Well Ill be damned if they get any closer! They ain't taking my house or my village! So I quickly throw on my tunic and breeches, lace up my boots, put on my cloak, throw a full quiver over my shoulder, and sling a bow across my back. This $&%* is serious!

I set out across the field to meet the abominations and stop them dead in their tracks (quite literally!). It was actually a pretty pleasant walk. I live by a stream where the most beautiful flowers grow and I followed it all the way up until I crested a hill and saw the encampment and the gross creatures that inhabited it. I thought about saying something clever as I approached the goblins, but realized it was too much effort to waste on them and simply knocked my first arrow and unleashed it right into one of their chests. This of course made the whole camp erupt into madness.

I wasted no time. I let loose the second arrow. This one I infused with magic and as it found its home in the heart of a female it violently exploded and took all those in the proximity with her. Three arrows I let fly at the same time all found their marks. There is too many of them though. I fear I underestimated their numbers.... No matter! I will take them all down if it is the last thing I do!

As they got too close, I simply stabbed one in the eye with an arrow and then shot it at another where it too found the eye of a goblin for its resting place. More and more came within touching distance of me and all I had was my bow. So, I began bashing them with it. Shattering skulls, breaking faces and noses, cracking ribs, breaking legs and arms, etc... But there was just far too many. Just then, a terrible rage came over me as I was being swarmed and one of these monsters stabbed my leg!

My eyes grew a dark crimson and I yelled "ENOUGH OF THIS BULL$%*#" and leaped high into the sky and, while suspended in the air, unleashed a volley straight from the deepest pits of hell! Fire and explosions and shrapnel rained down on them like a hurricane!! Once I was sure they were all dead I landed and took a look at my horrid, gruesome, bloody handiwork. Impressive was all I could say. Just then I heard a female sobbing and wailing holding the lifeless corpses of two children. Hmm... Didn't realize their where youngens here... Then I noticed some charred papers scattered across the ground. They must be from the chief's tent... Where he was in this mess of corpses was beyond me and frankly I didn't care. I picked up one of them and took a look. Hmm... Apparently this was a group of goblins who were simply migrating to the mountains in the far west and were just passing through. They were granted safe passage through this kingdom.

I heard again the female crying "WHY!! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS! MY BABIES!!" She cried over and over again. Her voice sounded disgusting... I didn't even know they knew the common tongue. All I could do was just begin laughing. I laughed hysterically! I laughed and laughed at the stupid misfortune of these nasty creatures.

"Why...? WHY!!?" I shouted. "I'LL TELL YOU WHY! BECAUSE...

And I picked up a dagger that I found and finished the job I started

Just another morning..... You know, I think I'll have a steak for lunch with a big cake to go with it! I think I've earned it.

Nice entries everyone. I'm going through them all now and will decide the winners soon.

See OP for winners list! If you've won PM me your mailing address to receive your prize.
    Last edited by DizzyPW; 03-04-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234