Heroes of Newerth Kinesis Giveaway

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    General Manager Reputation: 353

Default Heroes of Newerth Kinesis Giveaway

Hello and welcome to our contest to give away 25 codes for Kinesis including all his skins! Just post your favorite moment or tale from your adventures in Heroes of Newerth below before Friday at midnight, PST, and Saturday morning we will hold a drawing with all top entries to decide the winners. This is a short contest so probably just about anyone who enters will win .

Also don't miss out on all the other events and giveaways going on at Heroes of Newerth this week to celebrate the launch of their 100th hero!

Update: Winners' List courtesy of Abubakr:
    marcipaans
    Hellslayer1212
    BioHoN
    muqi
    sahilsinha
    Agnosis
    Zbufa
    damdue
    bboy'
    morhavokz
    emandrawkcab
    Insanejavo
    Zassaliss
    xantus
    Bronzy
    SuccyBomb420
    Ensid
    TheElessar
    SpikeBolt
    yourheadonspork
    Kasperklem
    Cildaten
    Riathy
    letseatlunch
    Last edited by DizzyPW; 03-03-2012 at 04:18 PM.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Stop being a dirty hobo and pay the cheap monthly sub. - FarmerM

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Talking Hon epic!

YaHH Im the first - ( I think )
    My Best moments of Hon must be 2 weeks ago - When i was playing with my good friend Marcus. I was in top lane vs this champ blood hunter which tried to tower dive me - I was some sort of a warrior ( cant remember the name sry!) then i just flip my ulti on him and baam he got low - but i was also low of course - Thats why i was running towars my base - But as we all know the blood hunter get's fast when champs are low on hp - But i survived because i had a good team mate (:
    ps - My english is not that great and that's because im from Denmark grazt!
    pss - Im actually really new to this hon ( Only lvl 3 ) But i played manny custom games with my friend marcus - Not that im a bad player - Played League of legends and the orginal dota in a long time . Hope i win cya guys!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Never thought I'll see anything related to HoN on this website.

The only awesome moment that is still somewhat fresh in my memory is how we won a 4v5 game. I can't remember the rooster correctly but I played as Bloodhunter, the leaver in our team was Bomberman and if I am correct he left for the reason that he was terrible at last-hitting and could barely get a few hits for gold. Even when the lanemate allowed him to last-hit he was terribly denied by the opposing lane so the melee partner took over again.

Anyway. People have the tendency to bash Bloodhunter for being a fairly bad pick in general which is true but we are talking pub games here so that doesn't matter much. I went mid, played the game as if we were playing 5v5. I didn't go the usual "trolldex" build but instead went for Frostburn, Shrunken Head, Nullstone, Riftshards and 2 more defense oriented items. The game dragged on for a fairly long time so I had the chance to get nearly every item I wanted.

The enemy team was loaded with crowd control - Pollywog Priest, Midas and Demented Shaman. For a carry they had Predator iirc and Moraxus as a tank. A rather devastating line-up compared to ours - Bloodhunter(bad pick in general), Bubbles iirc and a few others. I can't remember the right heroes but in theory we lost hard already. There aren't many flashy moments in the game. We mostly held out for as long as we could get the right items to counter them. I think it all started when they pushed our middle tower for barracks. Naturally the priority was Predator who could rape us like no tomorrow but we took the initiative and surprised them by jumping on Predator. While my team was busy with taking down Predator in around 1-1.5 seconds(at this point in the match teamfights didn't last longer than 4-5 seconds) I focused Pollywog Priest. Kinda of self-explanatory being the 2nd most dangerous player in team with his items, 2 cc skills and his ultimate.

We got a Genocide and that naturally gave us a huge moral boost and we instantly went for their middle barracks which we took very fast and Kongor right after that. From this point on we really just played safely again because the enemy wanted to counter-push since we were wounded in the previous teamfight, then followed a push to barracks and Kongor. So we quickly teleported back, regenerated. Waited for the moment when Predator will come into our range again and jumped them. Even though we let them take our barracks it was worth it because it was easy annihilating their team the second time taking barely any damage. That was pretty much our victory. We rushed straight up in the middle and took down the shrine.

In general I wouldn't be that "ecstatic" about this victory because they were kinda bad in teamfights but were losing really badly nearly the whole game. We just somehow managed to man up at that one point to pry open that nearly closed doors to victory and just dominated them.
    Last edited by marcipaans; 02-29-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 13

My favorite moment was me and a group of friends playing as tempest, forsaken archer, kracken, thunderbringer, and flux. While fighting at kongor we all proceeded to ult the enemy team at the same time, ending in a free kong and an ACE.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 15

Favorite moment? I was that character that teleports itself with an enemy (ult) forgot name but ya I initiated and guess what. Both teams decided to retreat. The guy I ult'd end up running away and I just stood there unharmed. <.<

i decided to troll once and just bought monkeys when i was playing monkey king. i went around screaming "im the king of the monkeys" and actually got a lot of kills cause the opposing team spent all their nukes on killing the monkeys instead of me.
    Oh yea and then i got banned for "Throughout the game, offender buys >4 monkey couriers specifically to feed the enemy and ruin his team\'s game." but i guess it gives me a week to get more homework done instead of playing HoN.

i guess my second was being andro swapped into a pile of eng mines
    Last edited by letseatlunch; 03-01-2012 at 12:52 AM.

Game Journalist Reputation: 75

marcipaans Never thought I'll see anything related to HoN on this website.
    I've recently started to do more coverage on HoN and OnRPG is getting closer contacts with S2 now.

First time playing Nomad, for some reason my team wanted me to go vs Tundra and Torturer solo. Two minutes later I have first blood and double tap at the same time. Funny since I had no idea what I was doing

Let me tell you a tale of the little rampage that could.

So it's team queue of our four friends and huzzah! We finally find an all-pick game. Now here we see the pub on our team insta-pick rampage. We're hesitant but we respectfully accept his pick. Now here's where the fun starts. Because of the built in VOIP we hear his manly voice, "Don't worry guys, I'll be in fountain for just a minute. You don't need to pause". So there we are wondering what he's up to when as the creeps spawn, he charges a hero in one of our dual lanes. "Ahh so this is what he's up to" I thought to myself but to make this even more amusing, he screams out "TARGET ACQUIRED". This is no ordinary rampage, this is JET RAMPAGE. Screaming like a madman, he gets a gank for us and runs back to base repeating the process. He soon finds himself in a tight spot in the jungle and calls for help, "I'VE GOT A COUPLE BOGIES ON MY TAIL. MAYDAY MAYDAY!" and sadly falls. We easily get many ganks because of jet rampage all game and subsequently win. (You can omit this) Then I hear his screaming from outside of my room, and he opens the door gets on the floor and everybody walks the dinosaur.

tl;dr
    Rampage thinks he's riding on a jet, goes nuts, we win.

My first and only annihilation - I was Rampage and charged into a team fight. I quickly took out the first guy, then turned to some other squishy that my team wasn't focusing on. I don't know how I got kills three and four, but I do know that the fifth was one hit away from being killed by my teammate. My teammate backs off, I charge him, and I get an annihilation. And then we lose the game.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast