Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes of Newerth Kinesis Giveaway

General Manager Reputation: 526

Default Heroes of Newerth Kinesis Giveaway

Hello and welcome to our contest to give away 25 codes for Kinesis including all his skins! Just post your favorite moment or tale from your adventures in Heroes of Newerth below before Friday at midnight, PST, and Saturday morning we will hold a drawing with all top entries to decide the winners. This is a short contest so probably just about anyone who enters will win .

Also don't miss out on all the other events and giveaways going on at Heroes of Newerth this week to celebrate the launch of their 100th hero!

Update: Winners' List courtesy of Abubakr:
    marcipaans
    Hellslayer1212
    BioHoN
    muqi
    sahilsinha
    Agnosis
    Zbufa
    damdue
    bboy'
    morhavokz
    emandrawkcab
    Insanejavo
    Zassaliss
    xantus
    Bronzy
    SuccyBomb420
    Ensid
    TheElessar
    SpikeBolt
    yourheadonspork
    Kasperklem
    Cildaten
    Riathy
    letseatlunch
    Last edited by DizzyPW; 03-03-2012 at 05:18 PM.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Battleborn, Herowarz
    History: Stardew Valley, Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Talking Hon epic!

YaHH Im the first - ( I think )
    My Best moments of Hon must be 2 weeks ago - When i was playing with my good friend Marcus. I was in top lane vs this champ blood hunter which tried to tower dive me - I was some sort of a warrior ( cant remember the name sry!) then i just flip my ulti on him and baam he got low - but i was also low of course - Thats why i was running towars my base - But as we all know the blood hunter get's fast when champs are low on hp - But i survived because i had a good team mate (:
    ps - My english is not that great and that's because im from Denmark grazt!
    pss - Im actually really new to this hon ( Only lvl 3 ) But i played manny custom games with my friend marcus - Not that im a bad player - Played League of legends and the orginal dota in a long time . Hope i win cya guys!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Never thought I'll see anything related to HoN on this website.

The only awesome moment that is still somewhat fresh in my memory is how we won a 4v5 game. I can't remember the rooster correctly but I played as Bloodhunter, the leaver in our team was Bomberman and if I am correct he left for the reason that he was terrible at last-hitting and could barely get a few hits for gold. Even when the lanemate allowed him to last-hit he was terribly denied by the opposing lane so the melee partner took over again.

Anyway. People have the tendency to bash Bloodhunter for being a fairly bad pick in general which is true but we are talking pub games here so that doesn't matter much. I went mid, played the game as if we were playing 5v5. I didn't go the usual "trolldex" build but instead went for Frostburn, Shrunken Head, Nullstone, Riftshards and 2 more defense oriented items. The game dragged on for a fairly long time so I had the chance to get nearly every item I wanted.

The enemy team was loaded with crowd control - Pollywog Priest, Midas and Demented Shaman. For a carry they had Predator iirc and Moraxus as a tank. A rather devastating line-up compared to ours - Bloodhunter(bad pick in general), Bubbles iirc and a few others. I can't remember the right heroes but in theory we lost hard already. There aren't many flashy moments in the game. We mostly held out for as long as we could get the right items to counter them. I think it all started when they pushed our middle tower for barracks. Naturally the priority was Predator who could rape us like no tomorrow but we took the initiative and surprised them by jumping on Predator. While my team was busy with taking down Predator in around 1-1.5 seconds(at this point in the match teamfights didn't last longer than 4-5 seconds) I focused Pollywog Priest. Kinda of self-explanatory being the 2nd most dangerous player in team with his items, 2 cc skills and his ultimate.

We got a Genocide and that naturally gave us a huge moral boost and we instantly went for their middle barracks which we took very fast and Kongor right after that. From this point on we really just played safely again because the enemy wanted to counter-push since we were wounded in the previous teamfight, then followed a push to barracks and Kongor. So we quickly teleported back, regenerated. Waited for the moment when Predator will come into our range again and jumped them. Even though we let them take our barracks it was worth it because it was easy annihilating their team the second time taking barely any damage. That was pretty much our victory. We rushed straight up in the middle and took down the shrine.

In general I wouldn't be that "ecstatic" about this victory because they were kinda bad in teamfights but were losing really badly nearly the whole game. We just somehow managed to man up at that one point to pry open that nearly closed doors to victory and just dominated them.
    Last edited by marcipaans; 02-29-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 13

My favorite moment was me and a group of friends playing as tempest, forsaken archer, kracken, thunderbringer, and flux. While fighting at kongor we all proceeded to ult the enemy team at the same time, ending in a free kong and an ACE.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 15

Favorite moment? I was that character that teleports itself with an enemy (ult) forgot name but ya I initiated and guess what. Both teams decided to retreat. The guy I ult'd end up running away and I just stood there unharmed. <.<

i decided to troll once and just bought monkeys when i was playing monkey king. i went around screaming "im the king of the monkeys" and actually got a lot of kills cause the opposing team spent all their nukes on killing the monkeys instead of me.
    Oh yea and then i got banned for "Throughout the game, offender buys >4 monkey couriers specifically to feed the enemy and ruin his team\'s game." but i guess it gives me a week to get more homework done instead of playing HoN.

i guess my second was being andro swapped into a pile of eng mines
    Last edited by letseatlunch; 03-01-2012 at 01:52 AM.

Game Journalist Reputation: 95

marcipaans Never thought I'll see anything related to HoN on this website.
    I've recently started to do more coverage on HoN and OnRPG is getting closer contacts with S2 now.

First time playing Nomad, for some reason my team wanted me to go vs Tundra and Torturer solo. Two minutes later I have first blood and double tap at the same time. Funny since I had no idea what I was doing :3

Let me tell you a tale of the little rampage that could.

So it's team queue of our four friends and huzzah! We finally find an all-pick game. Now here we see the pub on our team insta-pick rampage. We're hesitant but we respectfully accept his pick. Now here's where the fun starts. Because of the built in VOIP we hear his manly voice, "Don't worry guys, I'll be in fountain for just a minute. You don't need to pause". So there we are wondering what he's up to when as the creeps spawn, he charges a hero in one of our dual lanes. "Ahh so this is what he's up to" I thought to myself but to make this even more amusing, he screams out "TARGET ACQUIRED". This is no ordinary rampage, this is JET RAMPAGE. Screaming like a madman, he gets a gank for us and runs back to base repeating the process. He soon finds himself in a tight spot in the jungle and calls for help, "I'VE GOT A COUPLE BOGIES ON MY TAIL. MAYDAY MAYDAY!" and sadly falls. We easily get many ganks because of jet rampage all game and subsequently win. (You can omit this) Then I hear his screaming from outside of my room, and he opens the door gets on the floor and everybody walks the dinosaur.

tl;dr
    Rampage thinks he's riding on a jet, goes nuts, we win.

My first and only annihilation - I was Rampage and charged into a team fight. I quickly took out the first guy, then turned to some other squishy that my team wasn't focusing on. I don't know how I got kills three and four, but I do know that the fifth was one hit away from being killed by my teammate. My teammate backs off, I charge him, and I get an annihilation. And then we lose the game.

Default best moment in hon

once i was playing warbeast and had a lot farm in the jungle. i managed to get a helm of the dominator and dominated catman champions and minotaurs and send them to the fointain for later. next item i was going for was a puzzlebox which will complete the push strat to backdoor towers.
    unfortunatly my teammates feeded a lot so we lost our midrax by 20 min.
    i started taking my 2 wolfs, my 2 jungle minions and puzzlebox minions to backdoor their towers really really fast. whenever i did that they had to teleport back but the damage was done. this way i even farmed my boots of travel.
    so i send in my invisible wolf near their base and have my minions help defensing the base. whenever they try to push, i teleport to the wolf and kill their towers and rax.
    managed to win the game for us with this strat even when my team was bad. really funny moment.

another funny story:
    the whole team managed to get helm of dominators and controlled minions and send them to the base. after eveyone had like 8 minions they blocked the ramps so every creepwave that spawned stacked in the base, because there was no path out. enemy team was wondering why no creeps were coming. after 4 stacks of creeps they released them and pushed evey lane with a huge wave of minions and creeps. very funny moment

Default Contest

My favorite moments during HoN are definitely when I'm playing Tempest. Not only is he a powerful team fight hero but he is also a great tower pusher and jungler. Nothing is more satisfying than getting a perfect Tempest ultimate on the enemy team and watch them disintegrate with the help of your allies. Tempest is also fun because many item builds work for him. I've gotten an annihilation with him before using a Puzzle Box build!

So back in beta, kraken had a different ultimate, that basically sucked up all targets in a huge area around him and brought them to the location he targetted. Well basically, enemies were attacking our base, and kraken portal keyed after casting his ultimate in our well, with your friendly bulbous tempest waiting to hit his r button like a champion. 4 seconds later, a genocide comes up followed by 80 seconds of free time to go to their base, kill their barrackses, and win the game pretty much.

I miss that kraken ultimate.

Thumbs up

So this is my favorite HoN adventure:
    After a long and intensive game we start to get the advantage since the enemy Chipper left. The Hellbourne team tries to gank some of us middle, but they find nothing. They decide to teleport back with Nymphora's ultimate. Then I (Hammerstorm) catch a glimpse of them, Portal Key in and stun all four of them! QUAD STUN (Cool sound-effect there ) We follow up with the rest of our stuns and clean it up. Shortly after we chase Nymphora to the east, where she tries to get away with the Invisibility rune. Flint Beastwood's and Pharaoh's ultimate collide into her, locking her into place, while I quickly snatch the rune and we finish her. Then we push the rest of the Barracks to finish the game!

Easily my favorite moments in HoN involve me and my clan's Friday ritual. Doombringer Friday.

What is this magical and slightly arousing event? Well my friends, the rules are quite simple. Step 1: Buy your starting items - totems, potions, tangoes, what have you. Step 2: Buy your little red booties. Step 3: Buy Doombringer.

Now, I know what you are saying. "BioHoN, that sounds like a terrible waste of time! You will be farming for 30 mins just to get a Doombringer then die 5 mins later!" Normally, you would be right, reader I'm making up for this story. However, me and my clan mates refuse to farm, instead picking strong, aggressive lanes and winning our DB through kills and towers! The most entertaining and fun games of HoN I've ever played involved Doombringer Friday, where multiple Doombringers changed hands multiple times throughout the course of the match. A few instances that come to mind: Monkey King with 3 dooms one shotting creeps and heroes with his Q, A devourer with 2 DB's dying near Legion ancients when a nymph TP's to pick them up, getting an Annihilation in the process.

I started playing HoN back in the beta, and even back then I just fell in love with Magmus as a hero. He was almost never a bad choice no matter what my team looked like, and he was just so damn fun to play. One of my favorite moments would have to be the first time I ever properly lined up the ult -> blink -> stun combination properly on top of the enemy team. We got the genocide, and I ended up with one of my first hat tricks.

Well I have two and they're different ends of the spectrum so I figured instead of picking one I'll just share both! :P

One of the most memorable moments in hon for me is playing with 4 friends and absolutely dominating the other team, we all bought codex's and finally pushed into their base sitting at their well and instantly killing who ever happened to be spawning next while they trash talked us the entire time, many lols were had in skype.

Then the other memorable moment is the same 4 friends, we were after a big team fight and we won the fight with one person left alive, rather than finishing off the world tree (It was at 3 HP) he teleported back to base so we could farm more kills. Well the other team somehow came back and we weren't able to BD the tree and they ended up winning the game. We were all soo mad at each other for a few minutes before finally laughing it off at how stupid that was and we still bring it up when we play with the friend that left the tree at such low hp.

One of the best moments ive had actually happened yesterday, i had played around 15 games in a row and i was pretty tired so i was laughing at almost everything.

(This was a 1700+ game) It had gone out to around 45 minutes, they had a very farmed tempest, with both nullstone and shrunken, so nothing could stop the ultimate, we discussed that if he ulted some of us, our Andromeda would swap out any of our carries (I was playing Forsaken archer) and we also had a valk.

We were pushing mid, Me and valk stood infront, right from nowhere tempest jumps and ulties both me and valk, pops the Shrunken head, Andro is VERY very fast to react and swaps out valkyrie instantly (this happened in probaly less than 0.5 seconds) right when he swapped him out, the valkyrie did the longest leap i have ever seen, RIGHT BACK into the tempest ulti, and got stuck for the full duration that was left (around 3 seconds), everybody started laughing and even himself and chat got spammed, we both died and that was the game.

I havent laughed so much as i did here in a long time. CLEARLY worth taking that loss for that moment

Default The Ice that Binds

It was a normal day for this Glacius, he had been warding diligently and helping his teammates pick up kills. Glacius had been dying for the cause and wanted blood. The enemy Scout seeing the lone support silenced and started eviscerating his target. Glacius panicked and thought, "I have met my doom once more." His quick reactions resulted in a self ice imprisonment just as death was at the door, and the protection bought him some time. Miraculously his Pebbles blinked in and did the old wombo combo - alas Scout escaped stealthing away with a sliver of health. "Not so fast," thought Glacius, he used his ultimate and Scout met his end. Every time a Scout dies is another good day in Newerth.

In my favourite comeback in Hon I was on Dr Repulsor having a tough game as they had a flint who was really farmed and was crushing us. But in his items he got all pure damage, Shieldbreaker-Shroud-Riftshards. He had no +hp items. So after 25 minutes I finished my hellflower on Dr Repulsor and I was able to jump on flint when he was farming, hellflower him and stun-nuke him down before he could shroud away or kill me. This happened like 5 or 6 times before the flint got so mad that he just left as every teamfight I would just instagib him. I turned a losing game around by playing smart and beating someone with a big gold lead.

I instantly picked Ra, saved all my money from the beginning of the game and then i made a divine rapier. I won the game easily, i was scared at how cool i became

My favourite moments:

Being told a few minutes into a game that I was 'so bad' by a torturer on the other team after he killed me (I was playing bloodhunter), then over the course of the game, getting an immortal and my team won. Just as their world tree was dying, I wrote back 'so bad?'

And playing a game of duplicate heroes where my whole team picked scout and we all ultied someone at once out of stealth. Fun times!

Wink

One game, long ago, I was pushing way too far midlane as Flux (was on Hellbourne team). Had no wards up, couldn't see the enemy at all, and the closest teammate was at least half the map away or in our jungle. Anyway, here I am pushing, when suddenly this Zephyr followed by a Wretched Hag show up to try kill me. I run into the legion jungle and quickly into the little pathway between the closest legion neutral camp to base and the easy camp. So these dudes decide to go the exact same way, meanwhile I decide to activate my juke boots (ghost marchers) and run back the way I came. Ran past a Zephyr going the other way (by this point I was in hysterics IRL.) As soon as I got back out (away from the easy camp) I run back again, meanwhile this Zephyr tried to activate his juke boots and of course unitwalks straight through me. While all this is happening, Blacksmith and Panda from the Hellbourne are all like "oh sup" and try to join in on the fun chase. So i run into the trees close to the mid Legion tower closest to the river (which was destroyed) juking 4 of their players run up the ramp which comes right after the easy camp and wait for something to happen. I was still relatively confident at this point but still, laughing my *** off. AND THEN. Panda comes running from the bottom. I activate my juke boots and run back down the ramp, unitwalking the Panda and the blacksmith that had joined the chase and into the trees, escaping everywhere. I got back across the river at which point I was confident no one was chasing me and managed to push back a Panda that was deadset on trying to stun me. At that point I clicked back into my fountain and proceeded to laugh my *** off. The most hilarious thing ever.

There was a game I played with my friends where if anyone from either team made a mistake, they would lose. Well, my friend saw an enemy on his minimap in the forest above our Hellbourne base, and we told him he was seeing things because there was no way that the enemy Valk would be all the way up there in the trees. But then the creeps spawned and we saw the dot again and this time we were SURE that he was there, so we all tp'd top and caught the Valkyrie - who did not expect us to find him - and proceeded to win the game. Big throw!

Default When the tides turn...

One of my favorite stories right now has to be a match I played about a week ago. Noob part right here...I had just realized that I had been playing casual mode for a few weeks and when I found out I felt ashamed so I went back to normal. So here I go...First match back in I show my pick and I go with demented shaman (I've been wanting to get back into the whole support role lately..idk) and as soon as I pick it...someone on my team starts going off about how we are going to lose..blah blah blah. So I'm the only one showing my pick and of course no one else does on my team until the final seconds. three supports..and two carries (one being a silhouette admitting it was his first time playing her). The other team had a solid lineup (cant remember exactly what but I do remember a Gladiator and a Fayde) So the game starts...and the usual grouching starts because one guy feels that the game is lost. Game goes on..we are doing alright. We are keeping up with them somewhat but we start to deteriorate a bit from no calls being made..typing while being attacked...and etc. We some how get to 50 minute mark and there whole team is pretty much at 24-25. We have 2 barracks left..one in the bot lane and in the mid lane..They are making their final push and talking massive amounts of garbage on the way. (I forgot to add that our chronos who has never played him before has just been mass farming...to the point we were just getting pissed at him for not helping.) Well they finally reach us and are hovering right outside mid. Chronos picks up a DD rune or had it bottled..im not sure. they invade our base...barracks go down. And all I remember was out overly farmed chronos porting back with dd and he just bought doombringer and whatever else he had from before and laid down a perfect chronosphere right were my storm was and pretty much laid the smack down on the fools. We pick off the remaining dudes in our base and get the annihilation. they all have the huge cool down to return and none could buyback...we ran to their place go mega creeps and ending up winning.

tl;dr- We, a team of 3 supports and 2 carries, shouldn't of won...trash talking team out of nowhere gets demolished by a newbie chronos and we end up winning.

nothing is better than winning after the other team just trash talks the whole time.