Heroes of Newerth Kinesis Giveaway

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default best moment in hon

once i was playing warbeast and had a lot farm in the jungle. i managed to get a helm of the dominator and dominated catman champions and minotaurs and send them to the fointain for later. next item i was going for was a puzzlebox which will complete the push strat to backdoor towers.
    unfortunatly my teammates feeded a lot so we lost our midrax by 20 min.
    i started taking my 2 wolfs, my 2 jungle minions and puzzlebox minions to backdoor their towers really really fast. whenever i did that they had to teleport back but the damage was done. this way i even farmed my boots of travel.
    so i send in my invisible wolf near their base and have my minions help defensing the base. whenever they try to push, i teleport to the wolf and kill their towers and rax.
    managed to win the game for us with this strat even when my team was bad. really funny moment.

another funny story:
    the whole team managed to get helm of dominators and controlled minions and send them to the base. after eveyone had like 8 minions they blocked the ramps so every creepwave that spawned stacked in the base, because there was no path out. enemy team was wondering why no creeps were coming. after 4 stacks of creeps they released them and pushed evey lane with a huge wave of minions and creeps. very funny moment

Default Contest

My favorite moments during HoN are definitely when I'm playing Tempest. Not only is he a powerful team fight hero but he is also a great tower pusher and jungler. Nothing is more satisfying than getting a perfect Tempest ultimate on the enemy team and watch them disintegrate with the help of your allies. Tempest is also fun because many item builds work for him. I've gotten an annihilation with him before using a Puzzle Box build!

So back in beta, kraken had a different ultimate, that basically sucked up all targets in a huge area around him and brought them to the location he targetted. Well basically, enemies were attacking our base, and kraken portal keyed after casting his ultimate in our well, with your friendly bulbous tempest waiting to hit his r button like a champion. 4 seconds later, a genocide comes up followed by 80 seconds of free time to go to their base, kill their barrackses, and win the game pretty much.

I miss that kraken ultimate.

Thumbs up

So this is my favorite HoN adventure:
    After a long and intensive game we start to get the advantage since the enemy Chipper left. The Hellbourne team tries to gank some of us middle, but they find nothing. They decide to teleport back with Nymphora's ultimate. Then I (Hammerstorm) catch a glimpse of them, Portal Key in and stun all four of them! QUAD STUN (Cool sound-effect there ) We follow up with the rest of our stuns and clean it up. Shortly after we chase Nymphora to the east, where she tries to get away with the Invisibility rune. Flint Beastwood's and Pharaoh's ultimate collide into her, locking her into place, while I quickly snatch the rune and we finish her. Then we push the rest of the Barracks to finish the game!

Easily my favorite moments in HoN involve me and my clan's Friday ritual. Doombringer Friday.

What is this magical and slightly arousing event? Well my friends, the rules are quite simple. Step 1: Buy your starting items - totems, potions, tangoes, what have you. Step 2: Buy your little red booties. Step 3: Buy Doombringer.

Now, I know what you are saying. "BioHoN, that sounds like a terrible waste of time! You will be farming for 30 mins just to get a Doombringer then die 5 mins later!" Normally, you would be right, reader I'm making up for this story. However, me and my clan mates refuse to farm, instead picking strong, aggressive lanes and winning our DB through kills and towers! The most entertaining and fun games of HoN I've ever played involved Doombringer Friday, where multiple Doombringers changed hands multiple times throughout the course of the match. A few instances that come to mind: Monkey King with 3 dooms one shotting creeps and heroes with his Q, A devourer with 2 DB's dying near Legion ancients when a nymph TP's to pick them up, getting an Annihilation in the process.

I started playing HoN back in the beta, and even back then I just fell in love with Magmus as a hero. He was almost never a bad choice no matter what my team looked like, and he was just so damn fun to play. One of my favorite moments would have to be the first time I ever properly lined up the ult -> blink -> stun combination properly on top of the enemy team. We got the genocide, and I ended up with one of my first hat tricks.

Well I have two and they're different ends of the spectrum so I figured instead of picking one I'll just share both! :P

One of the most memorable moments in hon for me is playing with 4 friends and absolutely dominating the other team, we all bought codex's and finally pushed into their base sitting at their well and instantly killing who ever happened to be spawning next while they trash talked us the entire time, many lols were had in skype.

Then the other memorable moment is the same 4 friends, we were after a big team fight and we won the fight with one person left alive, rather than finishing off the world tree (It was at 3 HP) he teleported back to base so we could farm more kills. Well the other team somehow came back and we weren't able to BD the tree and they ended up winning the game. We were all soo mad at each other for a few minutes before finally laughing it off at how stupid that was and we still bring it up when we play with the friend that left the tree at such low hp.

One of the best moments ive had actually happened yesterday, i had played around 15 games in a row and i was pretty tired so i was laughing at almost everything.

(This was a 1700+ game) It had gone out to around 45 minutes, they had a very farmed tempest, with both nullstone and shrunken, so nothing could stop the ultimate, we discussed that if he ulted some of us, our Andromeda would swap out any of our carries (I was playing Forsaken archer) and we also had a valk.

We were pushing mid, Me and valk stood infront, right from nowhere tempest jumps and ulties both me and valk, pops the Shrunken head, Andro is VERY very fast to react and swaps out valkyrie instantly (this happened in probaly less than 0.5 seconds) right when he swapped him out, the valkyrie did the longest leap i have ever seen, RIGHT BACK into the tempest ulti, and got stuck for the full duration that was left (around 3 seconds), everybody started laughing and even himself and chat got spammed, we both died and that was the game.

I havent laughed so much as i did here in a long time. CLEARLY worth taking that loss for that moment

Default The Ice that Binds

It was a normal day for this Glacius, he had been warding diligently and helping his teammates pick up kills. Glacius had been dying for the cause and wanted blood. The enemy Scout seeing the lone support silenced and started eviscerating his target. Glacius panicked and thought, "I have met my doom once more." His quick reactions resulted in a self ice imprisonment just as death was at the door, and the protection bought him some time. Miraculously his Pebbles blinked in and did the old wombo combo - alas Scout escaped stealthing away with a sliver of health. "Not so fast," thought Glacius, he used his ultimate and Scout met his end. Every time a Scout dies is another good day in Newerth.

In my favourite comeback in Hon I was on Dr Repulsor having a tough game as they had a flint who was really farmed and was crushing us. But in his items he got all pure damage, Shieldbreaker-Shroud-Riftshards. He had no +hp items. So after 25 minutes I finished my hellflower on Dr Repulsor and I was able to jump on flint when he was farming, hellflower him and stun-nuke him down before he could shroud away or kill me. This happened like 5 or 6 times before the flint got so mad that he just left as every teamfight I would just instagib him. I turned a losing game around by playing smart and beating someone with a big gold lead.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast