Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes of Newerth Kinesis Giveaway

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I think the funniest and most memorable game I ever played in HoN were a 120~ long game. I played Pollywoog Priest and the game just never seemed to take an end. Both teams had lost all their barracks and other buildings. The only thing standing in each base were the thrones. Me, as a supporting Pollywoog had items like 3-4 doombringers, staff of the master, refresher orb. I think I counted to 20 doombringers that game. The whole game came down to our strategy. We all sold/dropped a item to name a spot for a Portal Key. We pushed the lanes out a bit so the enemies wouldn't understand our tactic. After we did that, we moved towards the enemy base. We all blinked in at the same time and started to attacking the throne. Even though the enemies were hitting us and using spells, we totally ignored it just because we went all in on the throne. The "battle" were intense and after 3 of us died the throne had about 1500 hp left. Me and my friend playing Valkyrie succeeded to escape and stood outside of the base waiting for the enemies to leave. As fast as we saw them in our base, we ran in to their base and started attacking. It all came down to a epic baserace where we won with our throne still standing with about 150 hp!

One of my favourite moments in HoN was when me and two of my friends were playing a simple midwars match. all three of us picked midas. right at the beginning of the matched, we got all our items and went mid. As we were waiting, one of my friends told me to hit 'S' and 'E' and left mouse click really fast all at the same time. It was hilarious! What made it even more funny was that we made someone rage-quit on our team, and if im not mistaken, the other non-midas rage-quit shortly after. Can't remember if we won that one, but through playing as 3 midas, we found a neat little exploit! Apparently if one midas, use's one spell on and enemy, and the second midas use's a second spell on the same enemy(this is assuming all midas are at least 6) then the stun proc's! Needless to say we were 'stunning!' hahaha

Default Quick Concedes

My favorite moment is when you're able to get quick concedes through outpicking the opponent and playing your cards right. I was Balphagore mid and went vs a Valk. At level 5, I manned up on the Valk when he had a double damage rune when I had half life, no mana, and 3 minions. We were able to get rax within 10 minutes and in the process of getting a 2nd rax, 80+ charges on ult for a hat trick. Sweet and short 15 minutes concede.

My favorite moment was probably when we had a LAN party with some friends from school last summer.
    2 of them were new to the game, so we had to teach them.
    the ones of us who knew the game were playing on f2p accounts aswell so we would be in the same bracket.

Teaching didn't goo too bad, they learned quite fast..
    But the rage that came with it was hilarious!

Default MoA + Gauntlet = Win

My favourite HoN moment was about a month ago. I was Legion and I was playing Master of Arms on bot lane together with Gauntlet. We were laning against Demented Shaman and Cthuluphant which is a pretty damn hard combination to break down. We didnt have any trouble against them, we killed them over and over again and then suddenly Torturer appeared from their tower and Bloodhunter appeared from the woods. ****. Gauntlet died in an instant and i quickly ran into the woods below the first Legion tower. I thought I was safe but neither one of the Hellbourne players at bot lane wanted to let this chance pass by. Torturer used his stun to destroy the trees and so did Cthuluphant. I dont know how but I managed to stay hidden in the far right part of those lower woods by cutting down some trees. I was hiding there until I noticed that Bloodhunter was low due to tower attacks. I responded to that with a stun and earned a kill. The other 3 people down their noticed me and tried to find me. I the mean time all the trees had respawned and I was already moving away from the area where I was hiding before. I was actually saved and I was able to run back to base but Gauntlet had respawned in the mean time and he wanted revenge. He teleported to the tower and chased the 3 remaining heroes. He used his Grapple and caught Demented who died in less than 2 sec to me and Gauntlet. Torturer and Cthuluphant tried to turn the situation around but it was already too late. Gauntlet ulti on Torturer, while passing through Cthuluphant, and then it was over. I got a hattrick and Gauntlet got the fourth kill

So I'll share a legendary story, but it requires somewhat of a back story, so please bare with me.

This was some time ago in the beta. We were a bunch of friends playing together, often a full team. But as you know in HoN, tempers flare, and two particular friends didn't really see eye to eye when playing HoN. Lets call them Oskie and Kluster.

So we're in a game that's going shit. But Kluster is playing Night Hound, and staying away from team fights he's doing okay. He has not even died once during the game. But the rest of the team, including Oskie, is getting pummeled beyond recognition.

So despite Klusters mediocre farm on Night Hound we're clearly not gonna make it, as the other team has pushed our raxes. But Kluster refuses to concede. He's calling us quitters, and especially Oskie seethes when Kluster calls us names. So both guys are not in their best spirits.

During the opposing team's final push, Kluster finally helps out. It's a fight among bot raxes, but it's not helping having even a crappy farmed Night Hound around. We get smashed yet again. Only Oskie, who retreats to the fountain, and Kluster, comes out alive.

But Kluster is low on health and riddled with dots. We were up against a Slither, who unleashed everything on him. But as he pounces to Oskie to get to the fountain, it's clear that he'll survive, albeit barely.

That's when it happens. Despite Kluster being home free, Oskie yells on skype.
    "I'M DENYING YOU" and kills Kluster, inches from the fountain.

Skype goes silent. Then comes Klusters answer. At the top of his lungs, he shouts.
    "YOU MOTHER****ING IDIOT" and leaves skype.

And that was the last time Kluster played HoN during the beta.

It was epic
    Last edited by Agnosis; 03-01-2012 at 11:41 AM.

My favorite moment in HoN was when I got an annihilation as The Dark Lady completely by myself. Popped my ult to go for an easy gank on Electrician, ended up chasing him to Legion's tier 2 tower, into 2 more enemies. Hit my shrunken head and proceeded to shred through all enemies. Symbol of Rage definitely saved me on the last kill, it was pretty epic.

Played against a 95% brazilian Scout player, i insta-picked scout when i saw his stats and he ended up randoming Ophelia. Needless to say, he rage quit and we won the game.

Default Match ID: 81461621

Okay I'm going to try to keep this short.

We're all a bunch of 1500 scrubs as you can see. I'm Chukonu. The terrible Ophelia. This match was frustrating. It was so even it was ridiculous. Sooner or later the game looked like it was over. We had no raxx left and they had 1 left with 1 tower before their fountain. We were barely defending as they sat in their base turtling, laughing and drinking to their victory I'm sure.

As a last ditch effort I said "we're konging." A few moments later we spot their torturer attacking and kill him. Scout and I thought if we were going to go for a win now was our best opportunity. We didn't think we'd get it. That is until we noticed their base was empty and scout 1 shotted the pollywog. We manage to destroy the fountain just before they get back. Yes we BD'd. Because we're scrubs and they did too at one point, it was our last hope, you know this community, we're a pragmatic bunch of back stabbers.

We were wondering why the hell they ditched their base on the verge of winning so I watched the replay. They actually headed to kongor.

Default Pharaoh snipes!

I will always remember when I played Pharaoh and we lost the teamfight with 3 people on the other team with hp lower then 300. I launched a snipe at hellbournes secound tier top tower while my Thunderbringer used his ulti and I got a double kill and Engineer escaped with 100 hp. But he stoped and typed in teamchat and I launched another snipe towards the fountain and i killed Engineer and got a hattrick. Awsome moment!

Default Mega creeps vs 5 towers!

Status: 40 mins played, enemies had mega creeps, we needed 5 towers and all rax (ofc)

I just bought grave keeper in EA and was starting to learn what he was capable of. Our magebane had been farming all game and had some decent gear. We decided to turtle the game and hoping to turn it around. The hellbourne had been taunting us a game and wanted the creeps to finish us off.

We ended up farming mega creeps and Forrest for 10-15 mins meanwhile mb started to push. Mb got top tower and they started to push him
    Away. After that they decided to push mid for a finish. We made a genocide thanks to an awesome behemoth ulti (4v5). Mb got top rax after that genocide.

After that mb started on bottom. Meanwhile we, in the base, was getting quite good farm and exp. when the hellbourne respawned they ignored mb being halfway through bot lane. They wanted to finish now. They started pushing mid once again. Thanks to a ward, mb could pick off FA at ancients.. So now it was 4v4. They went in and we took them down quite easy without the damage output from FA. Mb got bottom rax and went back to push mid.

When mb was over the river he got ganked. Then we really had to be careful.. But Valkyrie ended up getting ganked in our own Forrest. At that moment we all thought: "oh well.. It was too good to be true..". Then we called a concede vote, but I refused! I really wanted to win this game.. So me and mb declined. When they started to push, engineer went in and killed one and died.
    4v2 now.
    Behemoth pk'ed in and made a 4 stun ulti while I made my ulti. Behemoth died and I hit all with my corpse explosion. Hattrick!

Now me and FA were left. I stunned her, used kuldra and killed her on 3 auto attacks. She had no chance!

My final gear was: ghostmarchers, tablet, hellflower, kuldra and shieldbreaker lvl 3.

Long story short, we won this awesome game, I got a Quadkill and a few fanboys

This is my awesome hon moment. Hope you enjoy

- Soujeh

So my friend and I play a lot of 2v2s just because we enjoy not having to depend on other people who might throw the game with a misplaced Chronos ult or a poorly timed skillshot or what have you. And we have a natural advantage because of how well we know each other and how easy it is to coordinate with a friend as opposed to some random pub. Now, most of the time we play pretty seriously, but every now and again we joke around and have fun with the game.

One such match I right clicked Warbeast during hero selection as a bit of a joke, but the more I saw it the more it appealed to me. Eventually I ended up picking him (much to the amusement of our opponents and the chagrin of my friend). Laning against a Puppetmaster was initially difficult, but I just kept my head down and farmed, determined to rush an early shieldbreaker.

At around the six minute point I duck into the woods (this is on Grimm's Crossing, by the way) and make a beeline for the rune. I see the Puppet following me from his side of the lane. Now that it's a race I feel justified in dropping my ult, knowing that I'd feel supremely foolish if it just turned out to be haste. I see my friend, who is running back to the well, call from the other lane that his opponent Geomancer was missing, headed toward the rune as well. I turn the corner into the rune and my gamble paid off: Double Damage. Now armed and dangerous with eight seconds left on the ult I run through the rune spot and right into Puppet. I start beating on him and he's using everything on me trying to get away, but 522 movespeed plus three crits in a row yields a dead Puppetmaster. Behind me Geo was coming in, having already used his stun to get to the rune spot. Now he's realizing that this was a bad choice, Geo pops his ult but by the time it goes off I've squashed the bug. The enemies are speechless.

My friend commends me on the double tap, but then I tell him to take a look at my items. I got a double kill as a Warbeast from lane with nothing but my logger's hatchet and my iron buckler. And of course a lucky DD rune.

Epilogue: soon after this I finished my shieldbreaker and went on to win the game in 18 minutes

Talking Best Hon moment

My best HoN moment would probably be about 2 weeks into playing. I was doing badly, I still didn't understand the finer aspects of the game and was getting demoralized by the constant flaming. Then one day I had a lane partner who was actually helpful rather than flaming, he told me how i could improve,we worked together and went on to win the game.
    I went from being disillusioned at the game to loving it and still can't get enough of HoN.

My favourite moment in HoN? Hard to say, really. I have a lot, since I've played since the closed beta. So since I've played for a very long time I understand that people troll, throw games and will constantly blame their team mates which makes the situation even worse. So one day, way way back, when I was playing a game with some mates, we were put on the same team with one of these people. He would trash talk the other team. He would trash talk his own team. I guessed he liked 'team fights'.

We were on the losing end as our 'team mate' didn't bother or listen to any one on his team. So after 45 minutes of trying to play the game that is virtually a 4 v 5, he finally just leaves the game. But wait, before he left he sold all his items and bought useless items and couriers so that no one could have his money. 'Odd' thing happened. Without his negativity we managed to secure team fights and defended well enough to counter push to their rax and then win the game.

Me and my mates came up with a motto. "People suck." Well, not all people really. But it was what we say to calm us down when we have trolls and such.

Quote Originally Posted by DawZ View Post
    I think the funniest and most memorable game I ever played in HoN were a 120~ long game. I played Pollywoog Priest and the game just never seemed to take an end. Both teams had lost all their barracks and other buildings. The only thing standing in each base were the thrones. Me, as a supporting Pollywoog had items like 3-4 doombringers, staff of the master, refresher orb. I think I counted to 20 doombringers that game. The whole game came down to our strategy. We all sold/dropped a item to name a spot for a Portal Key. We pushed the lanes out a bit so the enemies wouldn't understand our tactic. After we did that, we moved towards the enemy base. We all blinked in at the same time and started to attacking the throne. Even though the enemies were hitting us and using spells, we totally ignored it just because we went all in on the throne. The "battle" were intense and after 3 of us died the throne had about 1500 hp left. Me and my friend playing Valkyrie succeeded to escape and stood outside of the base waiting for the enemies to leave. As fast as we saw them in our base, we ran in to their base and started attacking. It all came down to a epic baserace where we won with our throne still standing with about 150 hp!
    Sounds like a fun game! Was it really 2 hours long? Do you have the replay number

My most recent favorite game was as legionnaire, our team was me, succubus, monarch, nighthound and devourer vs. their team vindi, magebane, fayde, demented shaman and tree. At lvl 10 23 minutes in, our succubus ragequit for no good reason. We were up two kills at that point, but given their team it seemed like we were going to be at a big disadvantage. The other team kept on trying to push, and at 30 minutes in we lost mid base tower, but consequently genocided them right after. At 35 min in our mid melee rax got to half hp, but then we killed most of them. We shortly after lost our mid rax. Their team kept on pushing the lanes, but we had great teamwork on our side. Devo landed hooks everytime from behind base tower, nighthound would roam and get kills and get pickoffs during teamfights, I was tanking, getting down to 80 hp from 2100 with breastplate, barbed armor, portkey, vestments, helm and phaseboots. Monarch threw out clutch heals, keeping me barely alive for each team fight to take all the damage and run away while our nighthound and devourer cleaned up. For every tower push our devourer hooked and killed one of them, which was critical. Our devourer had wanted to concede at every push, but we didn't. Their magebane had 440 gpm and was pretty farmed. He ran away with 16 hp trying to kill me by our fountain. At 47 minutes they pushed again and we geno'd them again. I ran away with 50hp. I sold my vestment and got a frostfield plate. We pushed mid, and won a team fight but at mid tower I got codexed and died, 55 min, my score 11/3/28 the scoreboard being 25 to 47. At 58 minutes me and nighthound killed Kong. At the hour mark, nighthound roamed and killed shaman in their forest, and I killed tree at our top tower when he was trying to backdoor. They subsequently conceded. It was a great game because we had great teamwork, every team member pulling their weight.
    Last edited by jjgirl13; 03-01-2012 at 10:02 AM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

In Dota1 all was started
    But soon I had departed
    Eurobattle.net was so choppy
    Because I had no W3 copy

Then Garena appeared
    and everyone seemed so pleased
    That's where I mastered the game
    But all of the leavers were lame

But wait, a rumour had come
    About a game to be my new home
    A DotA clone so improved
    That all the S2 Heroes were abused

To DotA I said my farewell
    And to the leavers aswell
    Improving in game was my strife
    Heroes of Newerth for life!

After living through all the lies
    That S2 and Maliken implies
    Coins, Broken Heroes and such
    Doesn't help the community much

But wait, a new rumour has come
    About the Hon Tour was to come
    Before it they give us Kinesis
    That makes it so hard to ryme.

My folks, my story is told
    A tale which in my heart is hold
    Please just dont't hate this game
    Because of Maliken's greed for fame.

My most memorable HoN moment, or game, I guess, was an impossible odds game... I was TMMing with one of my friends. During the picking stages, he had Valk right clicked, but at the very last second, someone from our own team picks Valk. This forced my friend to random a swiftblade, but the thing is that my friend has never played SB before. Before the creeps spawn, two of our teammates just happen to disconnect and never return again. So this left us at 3v5. It was a Bubbles(me), SB(my friend) and Flint(some other guy). The game went on as expected, our base was being pushed in fairly early. But by some miracle, we genocided their team and got a much needed level advantage. With two carries, we were able to push take down towers and get farm some of the weaker heroes. We were close to hitting 25, but the other team's carries were catching up to us. Our team decided that we needed to push right away. This ended up being a baserace which came incredibly close, but sadly we ended up losing the game.

Ahh, memories...

Default Match ID 76551067

In this game, I played with 5 of the pros (Yoda, jah`, moonmeander, tralf and bkid).
    I was with yoda and jah, and I bloodlusted tralfamadore early on in the game :P.
    Also, near the end of the game, I dumpstered moon using stormspirit and dropped a macro and he got mad .
    One of my best games to remember

Best moment in HoN, this happened a couple of months ago and it's my only annihilation in match-making!

Playing as Chronos on Hellbourne running along the Legion's forest with my team, apparently they had wards and we got initiated on by Rampage! My ultimate was on cooldown for about another 30seconds, our whole team gets genocided but got them pretty low. They headed straight for Kongor right after the fight, and I bought-out along with Demented Shaman, we both head there as quickly as possible. The Demented Shaman casted his ultimate on top of them all, and I quickly time leaped in and caught all of them in my ultimate except Kongor, while Kongor was wailing away at one of the enemy I cleaved them all down real quick with runed cleaver and elder parasite and killed Kongor as well! It was an epic buy-back to say the least

I usually play with my IRL friends and we usually play all 5 together. One day we decided "let's just all random in this all pick game". Our random lineup was Wildsoul, Pharaoh, Slither, Soulstealer and Tempest. We decided to take Kongor from lvl 1 but we got spotted. After an epic battle with super low respawns, comebacks and lots of pots used I (as Soulstealer) managed to grab an Annihilation and keep the token. We pushed all 5 together the mid lane and by the 7 minute mark the mid lane was down. I had 600 GPM by the 10 min mark and we totally destroyed the opponent team. The game is over by the 15 min mark, we laugh out loud in Skype and then cry with the "Failure to retrieve match" error message.

RIP epic game

few Early access heroes ago being a Hon player since beta I gladly bought Artesia and played a few matches did ok but this match I had basically blew my mind on how strong this hero is and idk how many people could say the hero suck and hero can be good or bad it all depends on whos behind the wheel. also the fact that it was a fresh new hero in the ranks of the many, lot of people were probably unprepair for this hero went against a melee hero mid got some kills but when it came to first team fight being able to cast so many spells and getting double cast basically from my ult burn through all of them in a matter of seconds landing an annihilation and went on to 19/2 and this was before the tower ult regen was fixed. I found to have many storys and bad ones but i do not have the greatest of memory playing so much hon.

I remembered wayyyyyy back... This new guy picked Chronos and when the game started he was like, "How do I play Chronos?" I told him to get hatchet, sheild and runes. Then I told him to get rewind for his first skill. After all of that I told him to run to Kongor and kill him. That rewind was broken and he would not get hurt and that if he did his shield would protect him. So he runs there and sure enough he dies. At this point I and my friend are crying because it was so funny. He said it did not work and was wondering why. I then told him he did it wrong and was standing in the wrong place. Sure;y enough he dies again. He does this about 5 more times and then says..." I dont think I'm healing myself. I keep getting hit and he kills me in three hits." LOL OOO GREAT GAME HAHAHA

hello there, i will try to make it short so i dont bore you with details.

my favourite moment was the first time i tried the game. and it was the second PC game i have ever played ( i am a console player ) i downloaded the game and looked at the UI.

i joined a game and i did not know what was going on, i choose its icon looked cool, it was witch slayer. a cool guy with a hat and a gun, what can be cooler ?

i started running around the map not know what to do, i got owned and left the game.

but thats when i realized how fun the game was and how i want to keep playing it, and here i am 2 years later still playing the game :P

This is the story of my first annihilation.
    It is a long time ago so I dont remember what the other heroes were on my team but I know that I played Magmus.
    We played against a pusher lineup and they tried to kill Kongor on level 1.
    We saw through there intention and went there, too.
    The fight felt like the latested half an hour but in reality he was a few minutes long. We fought and fought, we died and ran back to Kongor but we didnt surrendered.
    Sadly we lost the Kongor and they pushed our midlane.
    When they were trying to open our base, destroy the last defense tower and kill the rax I finally hit level 6.
    As soon I got the level up I used my ultimate on they, then I stunned them and with my team we killed them all. After the fight was over I heard the sound ANNIHILATION, we were so surprised and this pushed our morality and we tried to fight on.
    Sadly I dont remember how this game ended but surely this was one of my best games I had so far.

My best hon time was realizing that support sucks in lower levels, but if you get a good rofl stomp hero you can get out of the trash tier. I just realized this recently, so me and RAAAAAAA are heading to greener pastures!