Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes of Newerth Kinesis Giveaway

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

The best moment in HoN... Well, there have been many, many of them but the warmest memories are from the beta. I remember getting the beta keys from with some of my friends, we logged in and decided to play our first game. We were all so pumped and excited to play the game after many weeks of waiting.
    We played All pick and I didn't know any of the heroes so i picked blood hunter (He looked really badass, and the name...). I can remember buying really random items, probably i didnt even finish any of the items, just bought minor totems and 100 health potion kind of stuff.
    First, i didnt know which lane to go, I died alot and didn't get any kills but still was good. Me and my friends decided to go (5 of us) on the same lane. We obviously lost the game, but that didnt stop us from playing.
    When i look at the pictures of beta and early HoN i usually get a massive nostalgia feeling.
    This is really the best moment i have had with my long HoN experience, the great feeling of playing beta first time, knowing nothing about hon and discovering everything (heroes, items etc.).
    And HoN is the only game i have been playing since beta and not get tired of the game.

Thank you.
    Last edited by LARVAE; 03-01-2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Added some details.

While it's not the most epic story, one of my favorite games was awhile ago as Keeper of the Forest before he got his rework. I went mid and went stats + his armor buff skill. We had a sidelane Deadwood, and by 25 minutes he and I were about 20 kills above the other team between the two of us. Around the 30 minute mark our entire team leaves and we are stuck 2v5 against a severely crippled team of hard carries and support. Their lack of stuns and crowd control let us manage to 2v5 them for 3 consecutive fights. We snagged 2 of their rax within 10 minutes of our team leaving and we fought valiantly to defend. The ents were brave! By 45 minutes we were pushing their last lane, and managed to pick 2 of them off, allowing us to get their outer tower down. We got 1 rax but died in the process. So there we are, both dead, with 5 raxes down in a 2v5. We respawn as they are pushing our shrine towers and genocide them, basking in our victory as the mighty tree warriors.

My favourite match in HoN is still one I played in beta!

Playing with 2 friends of mine: we are on the legion side. I picked up Keeper of the forest. (Since I like to play support more than any other role)

We were doing not so well the first "minutes" (30-40 minutes) of the game... pretty bad even if you would look on the map!

We lost all lanes and the only reason we were still in the game is because they kept trying to kill us in a teamfight at our base! Granted we did not have the towers or creeps to support us we did have keeper's buff that kept regenerating the world tree whenever it was being attack! As well as kept "winning" team fights.
    (winning is somewhat a big word.... we couldn't push because we would only survive with 2-3 people... which we needed to keep defending!)

But as the game dragged on we got more and better items.... until I had resto stone we could actually take out the enemy team without losing anyone on our team, we took that one opportunity to push with 3 people and defend with 2 near our world tree... and win the game!

The best comeback I've ever made in a HoN game!

As for the best "moment" in HoN I have that one still saved as a .gif! (Also in beta!)
    I am playing glacius... and pyromancer would've surely killed me... if I couldn't get the Ice Imprisonment off.....

Was playing a few months back with my buddy Louis.
    He was playing Witchslayer, and I was playing Devourer.
    Well, he is walking through the enemy jungle, going for a kill, and spots a low hp enemy hero.
    He goes in for the kill, and I go in for the grab... And Devourer, sounding the most loving he possibly can, says "You're mine!", and grabs Witchslayer. X.x

Needless to say... The kill gets away, and I catch a ton of flak from my bestie...

My best HoN moment was when I played in Solo Match Making We had a really bad early game... and in just 35 min the Hellbourne team (enemy team) had left us with only 1 melee raxx left and our Well that only had about 20 % health left. I thought the game was lost for sure, but in those last moment the Hellbourne team thought they had won the game and got extra cocky and try to spam camp us, but out of no where our Legionnaire(orange player) ports in and taunt all of team. Get all of them in the taunt and thanks to all the extra creeps around him he turns into a spinning "axe-helicopter" of death and get's himself a Annihilation. After that moment we had Legionnaire left defending our base and we started slowly counter push them back. Somehow we manged to get into really team spirit because after another 50 min and seeing an amazing good orange player defending a whole base by himself from mega creeps we won the game. All Thanks to that orange player. After that game I started to give more hope for the low colored players, because they can turn out to be really good. That game also was the best comeback I have ever have and ever seen.

My favorite HoN moment is hard to point out, I've had big plays, and crazy teams.

However I do have a favorite moment. Me and my buddy picked DS and keeper and sent ourselves mid. This happened due to random picks, and we didn't know how else to lane. We ended up pushing T1 tower at 2 minutes and picking up blood lust on devo.

We made the whole team come top than bot, than mid again, and eventually had 7 minute rax.

It was crazy

Playing a MMR game with 4 of my friends. Early on we just get rolled hardcore, I mean flat out owned. We were about to concede till someone on their team started getting incredibly racist and annoying and that's when we decided we were going to play it out till the end. They kept getting over confident and cocky and that ended up getting them killed often. Sure enough it went from 20-5 to 30-30, and after a VERY well placed Tempest and Kraken ult we were able to take top and mid lane.

I have never seen someone rage so hard like they did. They conceded and then called us all cheaters and said that S2 was going to ban us. I loved every second of it. It was my most memorable/favorite moment because my friends and I really stepped up our awareness and timing during the match and totally changed the outcome.

My favorite moment in HoN is a game where I convinced my team to fight on after losing early.

I was Aluna, and took it upon myself to do the support duty, kept the map warded and counter warded so my team was safe and farmed.

Spent the whole game with just Steamboots, Tablet of Command and Astrolabe, then, all of a sudden, BOOOM, Savage Mace and started hitting like a truck.

Won the game almost single-handed.

My friend no longer plays HoN now, but two years ago we used to play a lot of 2v2 matches, or to say, we only played 2v2 matches. There are two 2v2 matches that I remember fairly well, and both of these matches were played on Darkwood Vale.

The first one was a 2v2 match in which I was playing Deadwood and my friend was playing Pyromancer, we were matched against Chronos and someone else who has left the game later on. We could have won the match easily, but we decided to play around with Chronos, that wasn't such a good idea. The new Chronos is nothing compared to the old one, his rewind totally dodged the spell without having the need to regenerate it and he could easily permabash you if he had enough attack speed or if he had Geomancer's Bane (Bash propagated to illusions at that time and ult didn't stop his illusions). So we were delaying the match for so long that we couldn't do anything against him, the last fight was ridiculous as well. As we saw Chronos pushing our rax we jumped on him, sadly his rewind dodged both my ult and his rendering us pretty much useless. After that he popped his ult, used his Geomancer's Bane and killed us in mere seconds, the rax went down too and we had to concede.

The second 2v2 match was our last match we've played together because my friend has stopped playing HoN. I was playing Armadon and my friend was playing Soul Reaper, we were matched against Corrupted Disciple and Magebane. It is funny how the match went along. I wasn't able to do anything to Corrupted Disciple, because when I tried to slow him, his passive slowed and damaged me, so I couldn't really slow him at all and his damage steal destroyed me totally. On the other hand CD had nothing on Soul Reaper, which would just take CD to half hp then ult him to death, but then Soul Reaper had nothing on Magebane which just ate all this mana and ulted him to oblivion. The funny thing was Magebane had nothing on me, because I was able to perfectly kite him with my slow so he wasn't even able to touch me. This was the funniest match I've ever played, because we were all perfectly countering each other. Last fight that decided the winner had a lot of luck going on and great timing. I saw my friend pushing bot lane so I was running in that way, at that time CD was defending his top lane tower. As my friend (Soul Reaper) was pushing he got jumped by Magebane, which proceeded to take him down to almost no health, at that time my mate got stuck in between the creeps. I managed to get there in time and kited Magebane as he tried to blink in to finish off Soul Reaper whose health was almost invisible. Magebane fully slowed didn't manage to take him down and I easily killed him as he was trying to run away. As I killed him Corrupted Disciple initiated on me, that was a pretty hard fight for me. I took some of CD's health, but he was easily killing me, even when I had my back turned on him. So as I was about to die I see Corrupted Disciple getting blasted to oblivion by Soul Reaper's ult when I hear "Your soul is mine". At first I thought my mate left to regenerate, but he actually came back at the last moments and ulted CD finishing him off. We proceeded to take their bot lane tower and rax as they voted to concede, because they had no chance to defend or gold to buy-back. I still recall this game as the most epic game I've ever had, especially the last teamfight.

The thing that I enjoy the most in HoN is trying new heroes very much. It always provides a change in gameplay when I try and learn a hero for the first time. I feel like trying new heroes will make my overall gameplay better as I'll have more diversity in what I'm playing. My friend always said: To beat every hero you have to play every hero.

Default best moment in HoN

My favourite moment in HoN was when i was playing Rampage for the first time.
    For the first 5minutes it looked pretty dark..i was playing with 2 forsaken archers and they were maybe not the best players in the history (not me neither)
    so anyway, the opponent's started to chill pretty much and we got a few kills, and suddenly they realized that they had "not chill" anymore, but they could'nt stop us, cuz u know what happends when a ramp get's op
    so anyway.. they pushed as hell, but they were a little too greedyso i got very many kills, and it ended up with an IMMORTAL, and that feeling hearing immortal was reaaally nice

Default The moment in casual

We were sitting 5 guys at lan and having lost a couple of matches we were pretty down in the hole. We sign up for casual and gets matched against the competitive team CATS.

We all get very hyped meeting a competitive team in match making. But are pretty sure it's going to be a 15 minutes concede. The game starts we get on our lanes and decides to do our best. They start out destroying us, but when midgame starts we get some nice team fights and suddenly hope shines. Everybody in the room gets pumped and we play the most amazing game any of us has played. We were all noobs in the 1500-1600 bracket at the time, so felt pretty damn amazing.

Other than that it might be playing with Irl mates Haxxeren and LezzQQ at my place and feeling stupid but winning in the high brackets.

Im javaday in hon. And my favorite moment was when
    I was thunder bringer and my team was cronos, mag, nymph, and morax.
    Morax went in first stunned 4 people, crono jump in ulted mag ult and went inside,
    And nymph stuns, and at last i press my ultimate, i had anniliation.
    First i didnt know how i got anniliation because there was only 4 in fight, but one was fighting stacked ancient creep and had low hp. Lol so i had 5 kills and All of my team and me laughed.

My favorite moment in the game?
    As a Chronos with low health running from a pyro, with full health, as i realize my level is higher that him, i turn back, ult, use elder parasite, and steal almost 80% of pyros health, turning the pyro from chaser to chased, simple used time leap to own him!

Chronos (higher level) wins!

Default Cccccccombowhore

So i was soloqueing in tmm and ended up with a team of four players. These guys ended up picking bomb, soulstealer and flux so i figured id pick kraken for the ultimate synergi.

Im not usually one to cry and scream to teammates (lie), but these guys were playing as if they were 5 soloquers although we had a great teamfight potential. Just at the edge og a massive 5 man frustration-ragequit we decided to push mid. As we get initiated on I release the kraken, flux (very well placed) ults and with the combination of ss and bomb ult we manage to whipe them out and kill their rax

A very cool turnaround and a great gaming moment!

Default My hon Tale

So i was playing behemoth with pk and spellshards lvl 3. I got a ult so perfect i almost orgasmed on four heroes. The last one would die of one fissure so i sniped him to finish the annihilation.

Default Good old beta

I still remember my favourite moment back in beta when i got the unofficial annihilation. I got the replay so I can describe every moment to its fullest.

I played Sand Wraith, my favourite hero at that time. I was solo bot because we had jungle Legi. My farm was ultra bad and i struggled very much to get some farm. Thankfully i didnt feed the enemy team and got a couple of kills here and there until the battle at the mid. It all started when our Soul reaper got caught by enemy Chipper and Slither. He barelly survived with about 200 hp, however our War Beast ran into Engi (who still had his OP and awesome turret at that time) and Corrupted Disciple and just got mellted, so the fight was 3v5 at the very beginning. I initiated at Slither who still chased our SR while chipper ran to help engi and CD to finish WB, i got slither to about 50 hp and thought i had him however he had assassins shroud and started to run. Luckilly for me i used my Desert's Curse on him so i just followed the sand. About 2 sec before the shroud went off my sand was over. Luckilly i managed to track were he was going and spotted him again. He was too fast but i managed to get him with my Q again and got the kill just before Engi managed to stun me with his barrel. In the meantime our Legi, Torturer and my ultimate got the rest of the enemy team all pretty low but didnt manage to kill anyone so they all started to run back (after killing legi and tort). While that was going on i was going against engi and his turret while tanking his secondary tower. Luckilly for me engi got pretty good damage so my Dissipate ability helped me kill him and Chipper, who was running back with 100 hp. Magmus also came along, but died after a few attacks from me. That was a quad and i wanted to go for the fifth kill but Corrupted came at me with almost full hp while i had only 750 hp left. I Q-ed him so he couldnt catch up to me and waited while he for some reason tanked our creep wave that got him low enough for me to get back in. His charged hammer procced 2 times on me, however i had snake bracelet for evasion and managed to evade a lot of his attacks. I got the kill and got away with 100 hp (like a boss). Ofcourse i didnt hear the allmighty annihilation sound, instead i heard genocide, but it felt the same way as if I did.

All i can say is: Good old beta.

Default GLORIOUS HoN MOMENT

Right after HoN came out of beta, my friends and I were spending our time at Senior Week, a beach week after high school graduation. My four best friends were talking about HoN. When our only goal should have been to be getting laid and drunk for that entire week. They would bring up missing HoN every once in a while. After that week, I got interested in playing, and we started to play as a five man group.

After summer had passed, we left for college. One of our friends decided to stop playing HoN because of school. During winter break, we finally got together again. Our original five man group was back together. It was a legendary LAN night. We had tons of McDonald's CHICKEN SELECTSSSSSSSSS, energy drink, and alcohol. We were ready for an amazing night.

We jumped into a game with our bellies full and bodies twitching with energy. The game we got into was our longest game to date: 90 MINUTE GAME. At the 40 minute mark, the other team with their farmed Warbeast got our middle and bottom barracks. We had to make a huge comeback. We were not about to lose this game. Our torturer was protecting our base, while our Panda and I, Silhouette, farmed. Our panda farmed a Doombringer as a last attempt. We had to do something. During our push to get their middle barrack, we engaged into a fight, which resulted in panda dying in front of their middle tier 3 tower. Our friends were screaming to get the Doombringer. We were screaming our lungs out at 2 AM. As silhouette, I had to pick up that doombringer. Thanks to our torturer with the help of creeps, he was successfully blocking Warbeast from getting it. With doombringer in my inventory, I was hitting HUGE CRITS. At 86 minutes in, we got a DD rune, and we rushed for their base. My crits were doing 2k damage. It only took one autoattack to kill their support heroes. The feeling of killing the entire enemy team with just a couple autoattacks was so satisfying. With only one hero getting away, I had to kill him to finish the Annihilation. We had to sacrifice our legionnaire to the fountain, but I had the annihilation. The feeling of getting my first annihilation as well as winning a 90 minute game was satisfying. Afterwards, we got piss drunk. It was one of the most memorable moments of playing HoN because it was with the five people who are still my best friends as well as the ones who taught me the game.

To this day, when our friends ask us why we play so many videos games, we ask them if they have ever felt the glory of winning.

After a fun game stomping some ragers, your hero Morhavok promptly queued for battle again. To his dismay and horror he was teamed up with said ragers! Imaging his anger and anxiety, the fear. Yet, to his surprise these ragers want to run a level 1 push strategy. "Oh how fun" thought our hero. So Tempest was chosen by yours truly, along with teammates RA, Keeper of the Forest, Behemoth, and Midas.

As soon as the call to battle was sounded our brave team headed to the top lane. The tower and 2 defenders stood no chance. Level 1 tower was ours within 1 minute of the game. With our success we pushed on to the second tower. Success again! At this point the enemy team wised up and decided to defend their base. There was a slaughter like no one has seen before, a slaughter of your heroes team.

As you can imagine our team was severely under leveled at this point, and facing a trash talking Deadwood. So after 30 minutes of farming , being horribly ganked, and fail pushing many wanted to give up. But your hero, moi, said "No! This is our day for victory. Follow me as I have a PK and I will catch them all in my ult! And, as foretold, the enemy team was caught in my Tempest ultimate! An annihilation occurred, and a team push to base ensued.

Knocking out two of their barracks, we had the upper hand. And after some more awesome ultimate's by the whole team victory ensued. Gotta love the level 1 push strategy!

Default Juke-harassing

This was a while (at least a year?) ago, but recently when I was Draconis, almost dead, and Predator leapt me, I Dragonflamed him, and with that lifesaving move and a pile of roast Predator at my feet, I said, "That was my second favorite HoN moment. Of all time."

I went Soulstealer against a Predator (I don't know why the best stories are as ranged agility carries against Predator, but they are). That's all I really remember because one time just as I was respawning from a previous fight, and Predator was farming or something, there was a 4v4 team fight and everyone else was either dead or running for the hills.

When I finally get close to where the fight was, Predator is farming in-lane close to their last tower (they were Hellbourne, and the map is a little different then it is now). I start harassing him since I know I can get away if anything goes wrong, and eventually he catches on and leaps me. I run for a nearby small clump of trees, and he continues to pummel me while I'm slowed.

I manage to out-click him and circle the trees much tighter than he can. I outrun him so much that I see him from behind and auto him some more. He doesn't seem to notice and keeps running, until finally he turns back around. I still out-click him, and do it again - this time, going the other way around the trees. This time when I lap him, he notices right away when I auto. And so I turn around again and keep circling the trees like this.

It was so funny. After his leap, I was well below half health, and he was at about 80-85% from the initial harassment. After running around the trees, he's down to less than half as well. Everyone is laughing. I think some exact quotes were "omg the lols" and "the lols, they're overflowing".

Unfortunately, people start to resurrect and we're right next to their base, so I start to run away and before I get out of sight, he leaps me and almost kills me, but I remember I have an Assassin's Shroud and just invis my way out. Wish I'd thought to write down the match number that happened in, the memory of it always makes me laugh.

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

Default Chasing

I was madman and i had haste rune and legio charged me for like 25secs while he was just next to me and couldnt catch me and he kept chasin back to my well and he died and i also got a kill haahha

General Manager Reputation: 484

Wow 7+ pages of entries over night. Go go HoN community!
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Blade & Soul
    History: Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Favorite moment? More like the most epic moment in the entire hon history.
    I recall it as a Friday(maybe Sunday?...err sometime during the weekend) IGN is AnusGasher, and well... thats what I do, or atleast attempt to do. ANYWAYS back to the story, we do well in the beginning but it begins to fayde (literally there was a fayde on the other team ganking us all the time). All hope is lost once we lost all of our rax around 30-50 minutes in. At this point we lose hope... but decided against conceding.. cause you know..what the heck right? Fight till the end, thats my motto. Cutting to the chase, AFTER an hour of defending (game lasted 112 minutes long) we backdoor'd (yeah yeah yeah, well it WAS our only way to win) Now this isnt some typical back door tactics you normally see. Naw, we got a puzzlebox and post hasted them little guys. Now shit starts getting real, it was legion side no rax, hellbourne no rax. ended the game with a base rush. ended up winning. nbd. Biggest. Comeback. Ever.

I was slither, game was 80613825 czech it

It was late game and I was playing magebane. While my team was off doing nothing, I solo'd kongor down to about 20% life and 0% mana. Having vision of the kongor pit, I blinked out and waited. I said in all chat "kongor." One guy comes and checks and sees that its low, followed by the rest of the team coming shortly after. All 5 of them are doing kong with my team on the way. I wait eagerly until kong is at about 5% health, blink in, and drop my ult on kongor. Him being at ~5-10% mana at this point, the aoe damage from the ult was roughly 2k damage, killing 4 of them instantly. The other was nearly dead and quickly finished off, giving me a solo annihilation, a kongor kill, and the token.

Nothing I have done since comes close to that thing of beauty.

Default Best Moment in HoN

The best moment in HoN for me would have to be the time where I was trying to get my real life friends to play HoN. So one day 3 of them came over and we all played HoN around my ping pong table. I wanted to show them how fun it is so we played a few game. One game I went tb and was doing quite well. One fight we had was the enemy ended up in our forest trying to kill my team. I showed up a little late and ended up getting an annihilation. My friends were pissed and I have never been so happy. It was a great day and two of them still play HoN to this day!