Heroes of Newerth Kinesis Giveaway

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I instantly picked Ra, saved all my money from the beginning of the game and then i made a divine rapier. I won the game easily, i was scared at how cool i became

My favourite moments:

Being told a few minutes into a game that I was 'so bad' by a torturer on the other team after he killed me (I was playing bloodhunter), then over the course of the game, getting an immortal and my team won. Just as their world tree was dying, I wrote back 'so bad?'

And playing a game of duplicate heroes where my whole team picked scout and we all ultied someone at once out of stealth. Fun times!

Wink

One game, long ago, I was pushing way too far midlane as Flux (was on Hellbourne team). Had no wards up, couldn't see the enemy at all, and the closest teammate was at least half the map away or in our jungle. Anyway, here I am pushing, when suddenly this Zephyr followed by a Wretched Hag show up to try kill me. I run into the legion jungle and quickly into the little pathway between the closest legion neutral camp to base and the easy camp. So these dudes decide to go the exact same way, meanwhile I decide to activate my juke boots (ghost marchers) and run back the way I came. Ran past a Zephyr going the other way (by this point I was in hysterics IRL.) As soon as I got back out (away from the easy camp) I run back again, meanwhile this Zephyr tried to activate his juke boots and of course unitwalks straight through me. While all this is happening, Blacksmith and Panda from the Hellbourne are all like "oh sup" and try to join in on the fun chase. So i run into the trees close to the mid Legion tower closest to the river (which was destroyed) juking 4 of their players run up the ramp which comes right after the easy camp and wait for something to happen. I was still relatively confident at this point but still, laughing my *** off. AND THEN. Panda comes running from the bottom. I activate my juke boots and run back down the ramp, unitwalking the Panda and the blacksmith that had joined the chase and into the trees, escaping everywhere. I got back across the river at which point I was confident no one was chasing me and managed to push back a Panda that was deadset on trying to stun me. At that point I clicked back into my fountain and proceeded to laugh my *** off. The most hilarious thing ever.

There was a game I played with my friends where if anyone from either team made a mistake, they would lose. Well, my friend saw an enemy on his minimap in the forest above our Hellbourne base, and we told him he was seeing things because there was no way that the enemy Valk would be all the way up there in the trees. But then the creeps spawned and we saw the dot again and this time we were SURE that he was there, so we all tp'd top and caught the Valkyrie - who did not expect us to find him - and proceeded to win the game. Big throw!

Default When the tides turn...

One of my favorite stories right now has to be a match I played about a week ago. Noob part right here...I had just realized that I had been playing casual mode for a few weeks and when I found out I felt ashamed so I went back to normal. So here I go...First match back in I show my pick and I go with demented shaman (I've been wanting to get back into the whole support role lately..idk) and as soon as I pick it...someone on my team starts going off about how we are going to lose..blah blah blah. So I'm the only one showing my pick and of course no one else does on my team until the final seconds. three supports..and two carries (one being a silhouette admitting it was his first time playing her). The other team had a solid lineup (cant remember exactly what but I do remember a Gladiator and a Fayde) So the game starts...and the usual grouching starts because one guy feels that the game is lost. Game goes on..we are doing alright. We are keeping up with them somewhat but we start to deteriorate a bit from no calls being made..typing while being attacked...and etc. We some how get to 50 minute mark and there whole team is pretty much at 24-25. We have 2 barracks left..one in the bot lane and in the mid lane..They are making their final push and talking massive amounts of garbage on the way. (I forgot to add that our chronos who has never played him before has just been mass farming...to the point we were just getting pissed at him for not helping.) Well they finally reach us and are hovering right outside mid. Chronos picks up a DD rune or had it bottled..im not sure. they invade our base...barracks go down. And all I remember was out overly farmed chronos porting back with dd and he just bought doombringer and whatever else he had from before and laid down a perfect chronosphere right were my storm was and pretty much laid the smack down on the fools. We pick off the remaining dudes in our base and get the annihilation. they all have the huge cool down to return and none could buyback...we ran to their place go mega creeps and ending up winning.

tl;dr- We, a team of 3 supports and 2 carries, shouldn't of won...trash talking team out of nowhere gets demolished by a newbie chronos and we end up winning.

nothing is better than winning after the other team just trash talks the whole time.

I think the funniest and most memorable game I ever played in HoN were a 120~ long game. I played Pollywoog Priest and the game just never seemed to take an end. Both teams had lost all their barracks and other buildings. The only thing standing in each base were the thrones. Me, as a supporting Pollywoog had items like 3-4 doombringers, staff of the master, refresher orb. I think I counted to 20 doombringers that game. The whole game came down to our strategy. We all sold/dropped a item to name a spot for a Portal Key. We pushed the lanes out a bit so the enemies wouldn't understand our tactic. After we did that, we moved towards the enemy base. We all blinked in at the same time and started to attacking the throne. Even though the enemies were hitting us and using spells, we totally ignored it just because we went all in on the throne. The "battle" were intense and after 3 of us died the throne had about 1500 hp left. Me and my friend playing Valkyrie succeeded to escape and stood outside of the base waiting for the enemies to leave. As fast as we saw them in our base, we ran in to their base and started attacking. It all came down to a epic baserace where we won with our throne still standing with about 150 hp!

One of my favourite moments in HoN was when me and two of my friends were playing a simple midwars match. all three of us picked midas. right at the beginning of the matched, we got all our items and went mid. As we were waiting, one of my friends told me to hit 'S' and 'E' and left mouse click really fast all at the same time. It was hilarious! What made it even more funny was that we made someone rage-quit on our team, and if im not mistaken, the other non-midas rage-quit shortly after. Can't remember if we won that one, but through playing as 3 midas, we found a neat little exploit! Apparently if one midas, use's one spell on and enemy, and the second midas use's a second spell on the same enemy(this is assuming all midas are at least 6) then the stun proc's! Needless to say we were 'stunning!' hahaha

Default Quick Concedes

My favorite moment is when you're able to get quick concedes through outpicking the opponent and playing your cards right. I was Balphagore mid and went vs a Valk. At level 5, I manned up on the Valk when he had a double damage rune when I had half life, no mana, and 3 minions. We were able to get rax within 10 minutes and in the process of getting a 2nd rax, 80+ charges on ult for a hat trick. Sweet and short 15 minutes concede.

My favorite moment was probably when we had a LAN party with some friends from school last summer.
    2 of them were new to the game, so we had to teach them.
    the ones of us who knew the game were playing on f2p accounts aswell so we would be in the same bracket.

Teaching didn't goo too bad, they learned quite fast..
    But the rage that came with it was hilarious!

Default MoA + Gauntlet = Win

My favourite HoN moment was about a month ago. I was Legion and I was playing Master of Arms on bot lane together with Gauntlet. We were laning against Demented Shaman and Cthuluphant which is a pretty damn hard combination to break down. We didnt have any trouble against them, we killed them over and over again and then suddenly Torturer appeared from their tower and Bloodhunter appeared from the woods. ****. Gauntlet died in an instant and i quickly ran into the woods below the first Legion tower. I thought I was safe but neither one of the Hellbourne players at bot lane wanted to let this chance pass by. Torturer used his stun to destroy the trees and so did Cthuluphant. I dont know how but I managed to stay hidden in the far right part of those lower woods by cutting down some trees. I was hiding there until I noticed that Bloodhunter was low due to tower attacks. I responded to that with a stun and earned a kill. The other 3 people down their noticed me and tried to find me. I the mean time all the trees had respawned and I was already moving away from the area where I was hiding before. I was actually saved and I was able to run back to base but Gauntlet had respawned in the mean time and he wanted revenge. He teleported to the tower and chased the 3 remaining heroes. He used his Grapple and caught Demented who died in less than 2 sec to me and Gauntlet. Torturer and Cthuluphant tried to turn the situation around but it was already too late. Gauntlet ulti on Torturer, while passing through Cthuluphant, and then it was over. I got a hattrick and Gauntlet got the fourth kill

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast