Guild Wars 2 - General New Information/Discussion

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 134

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenArrow View Post
    For the record, I'm not whining about anything.

I'm simply looking the game with realistic expectations and extremely critically. I'm professional when it comes to avoiding "fanboyism" and I can easily point out and find the flaws and downfalls of upcoming games. I'm part of the gamer generation that doesn't accept all the bullshit companies are trying to bring us while shading the fact that it's just bad/horrible design. Without the critical aspect the quality of games would be much lower. The "IDC F**K YOU, GW2 IS PERFECT" attitude is doing more harm than good to the game.
    That has to be some of the most arrogant crap I've ever read on this forum. Stop acting like you have some sort of special ability to foresee economic downfalls in an MMO that has just entered Closed Beta where you've only seen an example of the Cash Shop.

Just because people are defending against your arguments, which may I say are even MORE flawed than their subject, doesn't mean we expect a perfect game.

Here's the thing, this only shows that we're actually even more superior to you in expecting this cash shop. That's why we weren't brothered when the BETA INFORMATION came out. Because we were expecting a B2P MMO to arrange some sort of revenue for themselves. Selling cosmetic items alone is not enough to sustain an Open World MMO along with employees. You would have to be a complete and utter idiot if you thought you'd only find a few dresses in the cash shop.

What is truly and abhorrently dense about your whole attitude to this. Is your self loving atmosphere of superiority that you lay upon us mere peasants, with your lacking knowledge of business mechanics and overall ignorance and disgusting entitlement.

You my friend are the cancer, the ****ing scourge killing the gaming industry. Expecting everything for free, because your mother won't buy you cash shop items. You are absolute self-righteous scum.

I bet you're one of the people that say NO to companies such as Bioware and EA and then end up pirating their games.

I did say people should ignore you, and I failed at following my own advice, but trust me, from now on I won't respond to you in any way shape or form.
    Last edited by Slate; 03-25-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 384

Ive been accepted into the Beta (no idea if this breaks NDA) but this game isn't even on my radar.

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 14

Quote Originally Posted by TreyTrey12 View Post
    Ive been accepted into the Beta (no idea if this breaks NDA) but this game isn't even on my radar.
    This.... can't be true
    im so... jealous...
    playing guildwars 1 for over 6years now and no beta invite...
    Currently Playing: 'Team Fortress 2'

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 45

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenArrow View Post
    For the record, I'm not whining about anything.

I'm simply looking the game with realistic expectations and extremely critically. I'm professional when it comes to avoiding "fanboyism" and I can easily point out and find the flaws and downfalls of upcoming games. I'm part of the gamer generation that doesn't accept all the bullshit companies are trying to bring us while shading the fact that it's just bad/horrible design. Without the critical aspect the quality of games would be much lower. The "IDC F**K YOU, GW2 IS PERFECT" attitude is doing more harm than good to the game.

People are too hasty with the torches when someone is saying something critical about their favourite game and don't realise themselves how blatantly bad design/system the game has.

It's about time you people realize Guild Wars 2 is not a perfect game. It will never be a perfect game. It has it's issues. Thankfully there's still time for the community to steer A.Net on the right path unless the fanboys go "OK OK OK TAKE MY MONEY A.NET GIEF GAME!". This said the game seems to have a lot more good going for it than bad, but perhaps it could be even better.
    It's alright to criticize something, but unfortunately, I haven't seen any solid argument on your end. From what I've seen, most of your thesis is based on previous experiences and tend to generalize one concept into another.

There are many things in life that makes you cynical, or extremely critical as you pointed out, but that mainly depends on your background. Are you trying to prove something? Excel at something, perhaps? Feeling a bit anxious of telling others how right you were? Well, I'd be speculating on this part, but it's some food for thought.

I believe the reason people are not listening (or reading) is because of how you word your arguments. Like Slate said, having a bit of humility always help, since no one can truly foretell the future. There's a difference between being "extremely critical" and having superiority complex.
    Feel free to follow me on Twitter.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by TreyTrey12 View Post
    Bah! I wish I was lucky enough to get beta, I just sit here and drown in sorrow wishing it was the weekend of April 10th

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 36

Quote Originally Posted by thedood123 View Post
    Bah! I wish I was lucky enough to get beta, I just sit here and drown in sorrow wishing it was the weekend of April 10th
    whats with the 10th? open beta?

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by janii View Post
    whats with the 10th? open beta?
    The 10th is when preorders come out, and when you preorder you get into all the future weekend betas, and the 10th is a Tuesday so if you preorder on Tuesday you get in the weekend beta of the 13-15th or so I believe...

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 15

Quote Originally Posted by thedood123 View Post
    The 10th is when preorders come out, and when you preorder you get into all the future weekend betas, and the 10th is a Tuesday so if you preorder on Tuesday you get in the weekend beta of the 13-15th or so I believe...
    Is that a bit too soon? I thought it was 20th.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91

Quote Originally Posted by Miiksu View Post
    Is that a bit too soon? I thought it was 20th.
    Nah, it's the 10th of April that you can pre-purchase.

Worth noting that not only does a pre-purchase of any of the 3 grant you access to all future beta events, you also get the 3 day head start.

Quote Originally Posted by ZormaX View Post

On another note: What do you guys think will be the MOST populated class and the LEAST populated class?
    Right now I'm feeling mesmer or thief will be the most populated class, least I honestly feel will be either engineer or guardian.

That being said I'm kind of thinking there won't be any massive differences in populations as all classes look like a ton of fun, but we'll see. I myself am normally extremely picky about my class choices, but I'm having a hard time deciding on what class I'll be, let alone race.
    Last edited by Akeras; 03-25-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 15

Quote Originally Posted by Akeras View Post
    Nah, it's the 10th of April that you can pre-purchase.

Worth noting that not only does a pre-purchase of any of the 3 grant you access to all future beta events, you also get the 3 day head start.

Right now I'm feeling mesmer or thief will be the most populated class, least I honestly feel will be either engineer or guardian.

That being said I'm kind of thinking there won't be any massive differences in populations as all classes look like a ton of fun, but we'll see.
    No, I mean the beta starting day. Sooner than I excepted. I don't mind

Page 13 of 336 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast