Page 5 of 135 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 3357

Thread: Guild Wars 2 - General New Information/Discussion

  1. #101
    Chrono's Crony Reputation: 133
    markca's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    3,335
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethelwulf View Post
    Yeah... I only hope ArenaNet's official forums won't be flooded with their complaints. Martin said they'll put a lot of resources to prevent that from happening, but stupidity can't be fully eradicated.

    Still, I agree with you. I'm expecting the community to be an absolute hell during the first months, but that should be sorted out eventually, hopefully.
    they're doing that with their facebook currently, trying to keep it as clean as possible.
    Hopefully their forums turn out fine, but I doubt it, they usually don't.
    LeagueofLegends-ChuckleButt


  2. #102
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 46

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,378
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akeras View Post
    Pretty obvious you've never played GW1, as that is exactly what happened in it. Gold was absolutely worthless outside of "elite" armor skins and mods/runes. It was essentially a barter system like Diablo 2............and nobody gave a damn.

    Hell, all the important stuff is available from vendors right from the start in GW1 if you have a guild with a guild hall.



    Judging by your attitude, I assume you are in the NDA. However, my point still stands, you have not played the finished product and you are not an expert as much as you would love to think you are.

    Plus, considering how much you were sucking off the GW2 hype and now are suddenly in the B2W bandwagon over such minor things, you remind me very much of the guru community, meaning your opinion is pretty much worthless.

    So yeah, take your "expertise" and wait for release.

    Edit: BTW, for those who were slightly concerned about the mystic key as I was, I've been hearing it can in fact drop from monsters.
    Mystic keys dropped from mobs in the Press Preview, that's not a "final product" is it?

  3. #103
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 29
    SonicCebalo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,133
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenArrow View Post
    Mystic keys dropped from mobs in the Press Preview, that's not a "final product" is it?
    You can assume that the point of the preview is the first place is to see how people react to the items in the cash shop, obviously if a large majority of people dislike something then chances of it being altered/removed is quite likely.

    I'm not too sure people dislike Mystic Keys being dropped from mobs.

  4. #104
    Cingal's Collar Reputation: 12
    Azriel2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,552
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Geez all this drama over a cash shop, I'm still buying the collector's edition, if I want to spend money on the CS I will if not then it's not going to change my opinion on the game. I'm beginning to think whining about something is become a trend people feel they have to follow to stay hip or something.

  5. #105
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 46

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,378
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SonicCebalo View Post
    You can assume that the point of the preview is the first place is to see how people react to the items in the cash shop, obviously if a large majority of people dislike something then chances of it being altered/removed is quite likely.

    I'm not too sure people dislike Mystic Keys being dropped from mobs.
    Such a flawed logic. No sane person wants a cash shop in GW2.
    Unfortunately it's a requirement for the companies to make more profits.

    I'm personally against the CS in GW2 since it doesn't seem to be purely cosmetical as they originally planned. Also people accepting GW2's cash shop will give companies ideas of implementing such things in every upcoming MMORPG. Then again I've always enjoyed P2P MMO's and B2P/w CS mmorpg is all new to me :o

    Time will tell, I just hope people testing the game will look at it with some sense instead of going all fanboy at it.

  6. #106
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162
    Acreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to my Sony Bravia
    Posts
    5,418
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenArrow View Post
    Such a flawed logic. No sane person wants a cash shop in GW2.
    Unfortunately it's a requirement for the companies to make more profits.

    I'm personally against the CS in GW2 since it doesn't seem to be purely cosmetical as they originally planned. Also people accepting GW2's cash shop will give companies ideas of implementing such things in every upcoming MMORPG. Then again I've always enjoyed P2P MMO's and B2P/w CS mmorpg is all new to me :o

    Time will tell, I just hope people testing the game will look at it with some sense instead of going all fanboy at it.
    So...the exp rate+ and these keys are what upset you?
    Like, what's your reason for them irritating you ?

  7. #107
    Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91
    Akeras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,619
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenArrow View Post
    Mystic keys dropped from mobs in the Press Preview, that's not a "final product" is it?
    And your point is?


    Right now you just seem to be grasping for straws

    As usual

    Come back when you actually have a solid argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    So...the exp rate+ and these keys are what upset you?
    Like, what's your reason for them irritating you ?
    Simple: He's now looking for a reason to QQ at this point and/or is the type of person who jumps at even the slightest shadow.

    I myself will be waiting for the BFF report on Monday before I make any more real judgments. He's the only source I trust when it comes to gaming these days as he doesn't just jump at shadows and cry wolf nor does he go fan boy mode.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azriel2k3 View Post
    Geez all this drama over a cash shop, I'm still buying the collector's edition, if I want to spend money on the CS I will if not then it's not going to change my opinion on the game. I'm beginning to think whining about something is become a trend people feel they have to follow to stay hip or something.
    Honestly, I get that impression of the gaming community in general these days. I blame it on the idea of being a "fan boy" or "fan girl" being tossed around at anyone who can see past the trivial negatives.

    Hell, these days people are simply outraged if a game scores a 7/10. Heaven forbid anything under a 9/10 be considered worth playing.
    Last edited by Akeras; 03-25-2012 at 02:58 AM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-


    Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.

  8. #108
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 29
    SonicCebalo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,133
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenArrow View Post
    Such a flawed logic. No sane person wants a cash shop in GW2.
    Unfortunately it's a requirement for the companies to make more profits.

    I'm personally against the CS in GW2 since it doesn't seem to be purely cosmetical as they originally planned. Also people accepting GW2's cash shop will give companies ideas of implementing such things in every upcoming MMORPG. Then again I've always enjoyed P2P MMO's and B2P/w CS mmorpg is all new to me :o

    Time will tell, I just hope people testing the game will look at it with some sense instead of going all fanboy at it.
    So I support the cash shop, does that make me insane now?

    You have not elaborated on why you think the cash shop is so horrible apart from the fact that not everything on there is cosmetic. And as far as I can recall ArenaNet did not say that the cash shop would ONLY contain cosmetic items either.

    B2P MMORPGs with cash shop are new to you? Try B2P MMOs in general. You can count the number of them in existence with the fingers on one hand.

    And supporting GW2 having a cash shop does not mean you're supporting every future P2P MMO to include a cash shop.

    Sigh

  9. #109
    Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 156
    ZormaX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    3,573
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slate View Post
    Thief uses it's shortbow as more of a mobility thing than anything else, but I guess it would work if you don't mind 1/2 skills just being you moving around rather than damage.
    A bullsh*t man. What is a damage dealer that uses damage that is not magic? Thief with pistols would work right?

    I dont wanna be an engineer either since he's more of a support.


    EDIT:

    Can anyone tell me how pets were used in guild wars one? I might end up being ranger..

  10. #110
    Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91
    Akeras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,619
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZormaX View Post
    A bullsh*t man. What is a damage dealer that uses damage that is not magic? Thief with pistols would work right?

    I dont wanna be an engineer either since he's more of a support.


    EDIT:

    Can anyone tell me how pets were used in guild wars one? I might end up being ranger..
    Thief and warrior are the two physical damage dealers that come to mind if you don't count engineer.

    Although it kind of depends on your definition of magic, I personally can not help but get the feeling most if not all of them use magic in some form.

    I could be wrong of course though, I have not really looked to deeply in the classes lately.

    Also, as for rangers and pets in GW1.............well, they honestly did not get much use other then for gimmick builds because they are to squishy and force you to take up more skill slots then it was worth. Of course, from what I have seen and heard, pets seem to be done MUCH better in GW2 then they were in GW1.

    We should get some more info on Monday regarding characters. For example I know the host on the BFF report is trying to get as much footage as he can for every class in PVP and maybe PVE from this weekend's beta test.

    Oh and warrior can use a bow also, of course it's probably not really a primary weapon.
    Last edited by Akeras; 03-25-2012 at 03:58 AM.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.

  11. #111
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 45
    Ethelwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZormaX View Post
    A bullsh*t man. What is a damage dealer that uses damage that is not magic? Thief with pistols would work right?

    I dont wanna be an engineer either since he's more of a support.
    You could try going as a ranged Warrior (Long Bow and Rifle). Not exactly conventional, but it's probably quite viable.
    Feel free to follow me on Twitter.

  12. #112
    Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91
    Akeras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,619
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethelwulf View Post
    You could try going as a ranged Warrior (Long Bow and Rifle). Not exactly conventional, but it's probably quite viable.
    I could see that combo working well as sort of a siege type character. At least, based off my initial impressions of it anyways and I could be completely wrong.
    Last edited by Akeras; 03-25-2012 at 04:11 AM.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.

  13. #113
    Chrono's Crony Reputation: 133
    markca's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    3,335
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZormaX View Post
    A bullsh*t man. What is a damage dealer that uses damage that is not magic? Thief with pistols would work right?

    I dont wanna be an engineer either since he's more of a support.


    EDIT:

    Can anyone tell me how pets were used in guild wars one? I might end up being ranger..
    I think they're completely different from gw1, up until the recent beta's, the pet's were pretty much in alpha stage and didn't do much.
    I haven't really seen any of the pets in alot of action but for these upcoming ones I would like to see them more and how ArenaNet did them.
    They keep on saying that it's something to look forward to if you're going to play a ranger.
    LeagueofLegends-ChuckleButt


  14. #114
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 235
    Jermatoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,229
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethelwulf View Post
    You could try going as a ranged Warrior (Long Bow and Rifle). Not exactly conventional, but it's probably quite viable.
    Every class seems to be able to go with any weapon combo avaliable for them since they already had said beforehand that there's none of those "cookie cutter" builds like you'd see in most games and that almost any build can work for anyone depending on playstyle.

  15. #115
    Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 156
    ZormaX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    3,573
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermatoo View Post
    Every class seems to be able to go with any weapon combo avaliable for them since they already had said beforehand that there's none of those "cookie cutter" builds like you'd see in most games and that almost any build can work for anyone depending on playstyle.
    Elementalist with guns.
    gg.


    _____

    Hmm thing is i'm afraid if i go warrior with longbow, nobody would dungeon with me because it might be considered a scrub build.


    On another note: What do you guys think will be the MOST populated class and the LEAST populated class?

  16. #116
    Chrono's Crony Reputation: 133
    markca's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    3,335
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZormaX View Post
    Elementalist with guns.
    gg.


    _____

    Hmm thing is i'm afraid if i go warrior with longbow, nobody would dungeon with me because it might be considered a scrub build.


    On another note: What do you guys think will be the MOST populated class and the LEAST populated class?
    Elementalist's can't use guns sadly.
    They only use 1 weapon at a time also since they have 4 element attunements they can switch between, no weapon switching for them.

    Warrior's can have 2 weapons equiped and switch between them whenever you want. There may be times where you wouldn't want to go into a huge group of mobs as a melee, so switching to a long bow would help quite a bit.

    If you want to see what weapons each prof. can use, go here.
    Make sure to change it to English on the right.
    It has pretty much all the skills from each weapon from the beta.
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/

    I'd have to say...Mesmer? and maybe.. between Warrior or Guardian, not too sure, haven't been paying attention recently.
    Least....uhhh no idea haha, gonna guess a...thief....
    Last edited by markca; 03-25-2012 at 05:31 AM.
    LeagueofLegends-ChuckleButt


  17. #117
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 50
    xDrac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Elmore
    Posts
    1,388
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Warrior + Hammer = BADASS

  18. #118
    Cingal's Collar Reputation: 12
    Azriel2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,552
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenArrow View Post
    Such a flawed logic. No sane person wants a cash shop in GW2.
    Unfortunately it's a requirement for the companies to make more profits.

    I'm personally against the CS in GW2 since it doesn't seem to be purely cosmetical as they originally planned. Also people accepting GW2's cash shop will give companies ideas of implementing such things in every upcoming MMORPG. Then again I've always enjoyed P2P MMO's and B2P/w CS mmorpg is all new to me :o

    Time will tell, I just hope people testing the game will look at it with some sense instead of going all fanboy at it.
    I'd sooner have a cash shop in a B2P mmo than in a P2P mmo yet I don't see people *****ing nearly as much as you and others like you over WoW's cash shop. GW1 has a CS and it hasn't affected anything (people are still playing GW1). I fall back on my previous statement that people like you whining about something so mundane as this cash shop are just doing it for the sake of whining or to try and fit in with some lame *** trend. The sooner you pull your head out of your *** and shut the hell up the better.

  19. #119
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 134
    Slate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,993
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azriel2k3 View Post
    I'd sooner have a cash shop in a B2P mmo than in a P2P mmo yet I don't see people *****ing nearly as much as you and others like you over WoW's cash shop. GW1 has a CS and it hasn't affected anything (people are still playing GW1). I fall back on my previous statement that people like you whining about something so mundane as this cash shop are just doing it for the sake of whining or to try and fit in with some lame *** trend. The sooner you pull your head out of your *** and shut the hell up the better.
    Please do us all a favour and try to ignore him. He's not worth anyone's time.

  20. #120
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 46

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,378
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    For the record, I'm not whining about anything.

    I'm simply looking the game with realistic expectations and extremely critically. I'm professional when it comes to avoiding "fanboyism" and I can easily point out and find the flaws and downfalls of upcoming games. I'm part of the gamer generation that doesn't accept all the bullshit companies are trying to bring us while shading the fact that it's just bad/horrible design. Without the critical aspect the quality of games would be much lower. The "IDC F**K YOU, GW2 IS PERFECT" attitude is doing more harm than good to the game.

    People are too hasty with the torches when someone is saying something critical about their favourite game and don't realise themselves how blatantly bad design/system the game has.

    It's about time you people realize Guild Wars 2 is not a perfect game. It will never be a perfect game. It has it's issues. Thankfully there's still time for the community to steer A.Net on the right path unless the fanboys go "OK OK OK TAKE MY MONEY A.NET GIEF GAME!". This said the game seems to have a lot more good going for it than bad, but perhaps it could be even better.

    @Slate
    That's what she said!

  21. #121
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 134
    Slate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,993
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenArrow View Post
    For the record, I'm not whining about anything.

    I'm simply looking the game with realistic expectations and extremely critically. I'm professional when it comes to avoiding "fanboyism" and I can easily point out and find the flaws and downfalls of upcoming games. I'm part of the gamer generation that doesn't accept all the bullshit companies are trying to bring us while shading the fact that it's just bad/horrible design. Without the critical aspect the quality of games would be much lower. The "IDC F**K YOU, GW2 IS PERFECT" attitude is doing more harm than good to the game.
    That has to be some of the most arrogant crap I've ever read on this forum. Stop acting like you have some sort of special ability to foresee economic downfalls in an MMO that has just entered Closed Beta where you've only seen an example of the Cash Shop.

    Just because people are defending against your arguments, which may I say are even MORE flawed than their subject, doesn't mean we expect a perfect game.

    Here's the thing, this only shows that we're actually even more superior to you in expecting this cash shop. That's why we weren't brothered when the BETA INFORMATION came out. Because we were expecting a B2P MMO to arrange some sort of revenue for themselves. Selling cosmetic items alone is not enough to sustain an Open World MMO along with employees. You would have to be a complete and utter idiot if you thought you'd only find a few dresses in the cash shop.

    What is truly and abhorrently dense about your whole attitude to this. Is your self loving atmosphere of superiority that you lay upon us mere peasants, with your lacking knowledge of business mechanics and overall ignorance and disgusting entitlement.

    You my friend are the cancer, the ****ing scourge killing the gaming industry. Expecting everything for free, because your mother won't buy you cash shop items. You are absolute self-righteous scum.

    I bet you're one of the people that say NO to companies such as Bioware and EA and then end up pirating their games.

    I did say people should ignore you, and I failed at following my own advice, but trust me, from now on I won't respond to you in any way shape or form.
    Last edited by Slate; 03-25-2012 at 12:37 PM.

  22. #122
    Sandman's Slave Reputation: 480
    TreyTrey12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
    Posts
    3,879
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Ive been accepted into the Beta (no idea if this breaks NDA) but this game isn't even on my radar.

  23. #123
    Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 14
    HawttCaKey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Trololololo~
    Posts
    302
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TreyTrey12 View Post
    Ive been accepted into the Beta (no idea if this breaks NDA) but this game isn't even on my radar.
    This.... can't be true
    im so... jealous...
    playing guildwars 1 for over 6years now and no beta invite...
    Currently Playing: 'Team Fortress 2'

  24. #124
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 45
    Ethelwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenArrow View Post
    For the record, I'm not whining about anything.

    I'm simply looking the game with realistic expectations and extremely critically. I'm professional when it comes to avoiding "fanboyism" and I can easily point out and find the flaws and downfalls of upcoming games. I'm part of the gamer generation that doesn't accept all the bullshit companies are trying to bring us while shading the fact that it's just bad/horrible design. Without the critical aspect the quality of games would be much lower. The "IDC F**K YOU, GW2 IS PERFECT" attitude is doing more harm than good to the game.

    People are too hasty with the torches when someone is saying something critical about their favourite game and don't realise themselves how blatantly bad design/system the game has.

    It's about time you people realize Guild Wars 2 is not a perfect game. It will never be a perfect game. It has it's issues. Thankfully there's still time for the community to steer A.Net on the right path unless the fanboys go "OK OK OK TAKE MY MONEY A.NET GIEF GAME!". This said the game seems to have a lot more good going for it than bad, but perhaps it could be even better.
    It's alright to criticize something, but unfortunately, I haven't seen any solid argument on your end. From what I've seen, most of your thesis is based on previous experiences and tend to generalize one concept into another.

    There are many things in life that makes you cynical, or extremely critical as you pointed out, but that mainly depends on your background. Are you trying to prove something? Excel at something, perhaps? Feeling a bit anxious of telling others how right you were? Well, I'd be speculating on this part, but it's some food for thought.

    I believe the reason people are not listening (or reading) is because of how you word your arguments. Like Slate said, having a bit of humility always help, since no one can truly foretell the future. There's a difference between being "extremely critical" and having superiority complex.
    Feel free to follow me on Twitter.

  25. #125
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TreyTrey12 View Post
    Ive been accepted into the Beta (no idea if this breaks NDA) but this game isn't even on my radar.
    Bah! I wish I was lucky enough to get beta, I just sit here and drown in sorrow wishing it was the weekend of April 10th

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •