Page 96 of 135 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 3357

Thread: Guild Wars 2 - General New Information/Discussion

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 34

Quote Originally Posted by Abubakr View Post
    I have work at those times. :S

I guess I'll just pick up the game though. Seems like a lot of people here will be playing so it shouldn't be too hard to find a group.
    Dawg, that's the great thing about Guild Wars 2. You'll come to see that although groups and guilds and friends make the game better, they aren't necessary for having tons of fun with other people. The dynamic quests make it so that you instantly team up with everyone in the area in an unofficial group, with people helping you and no loss of exp or items at your expense. It's great fun.

(You can still friend me ingame anytime though ^_^)

Anywhoo, played about 3 hours of this stress test, gained 3 levels, and did some crafting/pvp. PvP is much more challenging and fun than I remember it being. Excited for tomorrow now too

Game Journalist Reputation: 95

I see. Sounds a lot like the Rifts in Rift then. Going to start looking into the game as I haven't been able to in the past because of school and work.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 34

Cool! If you want, watch this video, it's what got me really pumped about the game!
    It's also an excellent example of the dynamic events

Game Journalist Reputation: 95

Alright, I'll check it out. If you use Skype, Xfire, Raptr or Steam feel free to add me. Message me if you need my ID.

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 116

Quote Originally Posted by Akeras View Post
    Guess what guys

MOAR STRESS TESTS

http://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2

I kind of wonder if we're gonna eventually get a week long beta or something before early access at this rate.

@Ethel of course you know, I now demand you play on Maguma Jungle with that character.
    I'm guessing they will stick with the specific stress tests so they can have their servers slammed for a designated period. The only other mmo to stick with this type of beta method was World of Warcraft when it had the multiple stress tests before release.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

I'm wondering if I just missed the Open Beta for this. So far all the testing is limited to pre-purchase, and I vowed after Aion that I would never pre-purchase another MMO, ever again. Was there any testing that didn't require a purchase or a beta key?

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 22

I'm kinda thinking about how the game will turn out in the long run. I mean, I remember back in WoW vanilla where I usually party with people and always share quests. Subbed again couple months back, then the game was mostly filled with 85s. Starting zone is dead.

If this happens to GW2, then dynamic events would be rendered useless right? Or can you finish it alone?

Heads or Tails Reputation: 9

If you are lv 80 and you go to a lv 1 area all your stats will drop to lv 1 so you cant break the dynamic events and stuff
    http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/pokedude_photos/Archaonncopy.png

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 22

the reality is.. MMOs dont last forever... as scary as it sounds... because when we buy a game we expect to keep it forever right? It won't really matter because there will always be a better MMO coming out anyway... ah whatever.. we can always go back to lv 1 areas and stuff..

I don't see an incentive to GO back in anyway.. but if the live team add some neat huuge *** events in the start areas that would be cool.. like a giant dragon attacking the first farm... I hear they will always be adding new events anyway.. depending on how well they sell.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 422

Quote Originally Posted by birdman16 View Post
    the reality is.. MMOs dont last forever... as scary as it sounds... because when we buy a game we expect to keep it forever right? It won't really matter because there will always be a better MMO coming out anyway... ah whatever.. we can always go back to lv 1 areas and stuff..

I don't see an incentive to GO back in anyway.. but if the live team add some neat huuge *** events in the start areas that would be cool.. like a giant dragon attacking the first farm... I hear they will always be adding new events anyway.. depending on how well they sell.
    funny is it is i still kept on playing Guild Wars 1 till this day and somehow everyone still plays WoW or Lineage 2 ... or even Aion ...

Quote Originally Posted by archaonn View Post
    If you are lv 80 and you go to a lv 1 area all your stats will drop to lv 1 so you cant break the dynamic events and stuff
    you still keep your items and skills ...

Quote Originally Posted by BooNeZ View Post
    I'm kinda thinking about how the game will turn out in the long run. I mean, I remember back in WoW vanilla where I usually party with people and always share quests. Subbed again couple months back, then the game was mostly filled with 85s. Starting zone is dead.

If this happens to GW2, then dynamic events would be rendered useless right? Or can you finish it alone?
    For a long term game its natural ... But in GW2 they made so that if you return to lower lvl zones your lvl will drop according to that zone which makes you able to participate in those Events with the same lvl people ... and same difficulty ... Thought you keep your skills and items.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandCrossX View Post
    I'm wondering if I just missed the Open Beta for this. So far all the testing is limited to pre-purchase, and I vowed after Aion that I would never pre-purchase another MMO, ever again. Was there any testing that didn't require a purchase or a beta key?
    There were many of those ... But only on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortify View Post
    Cool! If you want, watch this video, it's what got me really pumped about the game!
    It's also an excellent example of the dynamic events

Trying to restrain myself from all those videos because i want to see it all myself :P

But what i truly like about this game that i can ACTUALLY Run Around with a BOW and SHOOT ...
    Last edited by poeticas; 08-10-2012 at 05:42 AM.
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 35

You can run around with a bow and shoot in DCUO...

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullfears View Post
    but one thing is that i never liked DCUO and i like gw2 ...

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 11

i pre purchased GW2 so does that mean I can stress test?

Quote Originally Posted by xMilitia View Post
    Yes if you will manage to get in ...

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91

Quote Originally Posted by xMilitia View Post
    You should be able to, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 11

Don't think the test is till like midnight for me, but worth a shot

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullfears View Post
    You gotta try GW2 to see the diffrence on why we are praising the game as a revolution in the MMO genre.

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 51

You gotta try GW2 to see the diffrence on why we are praising the game as a revolution in the MMO genre.
    The ranger gameplay I saw didn't look like a revolution, lol.

Well, you could "cast"/execute your skills nearly all while running, is that revolutionary ?

Quote Originally Posted by charly1337 View Post

Well, you could "cast"/execute your skills nearly all while running, is that revolutionary ?
    Why say anything if you aren't even going to be constructive

"DURRgghh after watching one video har har1!! the game sox! WOW1 close! LAWLSZ"

God forbid I want a change in the mmo genre.. I'm sure you do aswel... no one enjoys the same typical MMO structure anymore! I don't care what people say because it's true. After people play GW2 alot of peeople probably won't want to go back to WoW or any other MMO. THey're going to want more.. and I hope this is a lesson to all MMO companies as to what we MMO players want in a game.

This defines one of the best features of the game.. this is thr reason why were all going ape shit.. nothing comes to close to this.. seriously.. people are tired of the same boring system.. Anet put so much work into their game and listened to their fans.
    Last edited by birdman16; 08-10-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 24

The previous poster said nothing about the ranger or being able to cast your skills while running as "revolutionary". Stop concentrating on that one comment about being able to move and shoot at the same time. Just play the play game yourself and see what makes it so enjoyable, or don't, because youtube videos are quite different than actually playing it youself.

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 28

Honestly, the game isn't all that. But it is good. Boss fights look stupid though, well compared to the ones on Wakfu at least.

2 diff games tho.

Arri's Animal Reputation: 116
    Australia, In the Outback, With Your Dingo's

Quote Originally Posted by Exeunt View Post
    Honestly, the game isn't all that. But it is good. Boss fights look stupid though, well compared to the ones on Wakfu at least.

2 diff games tho.
    Exuent, >Wakfu >Guild Wars - i'm glad you noticed it your self that they're two different games and in no way or form should be mentioned together
    OM NOM NOM NOM

i have been in all the betas so i know what i am saying. i at no point said that GW2 was not different or even bad. in fact i have been waiting for this for about 5 years as i played GW from beta and was out of my mind when they announced GW2.

Codename: Duchess Reputation: 195

I love how in depth your reading compression is.

so i had a question not sure of anyone here can help. so if u pre ordered u have the 3 day early access so i called gamestop where i pre ordered and they said you will just use the beta client for the 3 day early access and once u get the game on the 28th u will just input the cd key you get with it. can anyone confirm this? arena net hasnt really described the early access and release details so didnt know if anyone knew.