Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roll to Dodge! (COME ONE, COME ALL; THIS IS DIFFERENT AND NEW)

TOTALFVCKBOY Reputation: 762

(We're a little full at the moment but I'll put you on a waiting list and message you when another person's character assuredly dies.)

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 29

Talking

((OOC: I assume I just start with the recent turn of events.))

Name: Lilian "Lady" Tristone
    History: Lilian always knew she was beautiful, always ready to charm a man. Unfortunately, her awareness of her beauty has made her a bit of a...narcissist. Hoping to satisfy her need for beauty AND fortune, Lilian decided to gain wealth the hard way: by seducing a few bounty-hunters into..."sharing" their future treasures.

Seeing his brave feats earlier, Lilian encourages Herbert in his efforts to squeeze through the door and hopefully widen the gap.

Nurarihyon no Mago!
    Quote:
    Inpa: "...I got your mask already, look! Isn't it pretty?”
    Balthazar: ”Urgh.. !! It's pink..”
    Inpa: ”Oh please, it's called being metrosexual!..."
    -- farag0n; Tales of Amn

((If the couple of you who haven't posted yet wouldn't mind doing so, then I will continue the story.))

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

(This seems to be what kills most of the threads recently.)

(All right, I'll give until this weekend for people to post and then it's update time!!

I will be less patient in the future.)

I'd like to carefully inspect the new surroundings, checking for treasures or possible dangers
    [3] You don't find much treasure except for a silver coin, which may or may not prove useful later.

Herbert tries to squeeze through the small opening in the metal gate.
    [1] You begin pushing yourself through, carefully, and with great precision, but unfortunately you gouge a huge wound in your side causing [10] damage, get yourself stuck in position, and the rust on the gate gives you rabies. Yes, rabies. What that means is that every time you miss a round you take 20 damage. So keep posting!

Gildon wanders of searching for any side door, trees to climb or other way of getting inside.
    [3] You find a spooky looking tree about twenty meters away from the gate that's somewhat close enough to climb to get over the fence, but it would require some skill and luck in order to do so.

Seeing his brave feats earlier, Lilian encourages Herbert in his efforts to squeeze through the door and hopefully widen the gap.
    [4] Wow, encouraging! Great! The guy impaled in the metal fence could really use some encouraging right now. You do a good job of lifting his spirits! Good work! Too bad he's, you know, still bleeding, has rabies, and is stuck.

STATUS UPDATES!!!

Code:
    Herbert
    HP: 81
    Has !!!RABIES!!!
    Code:
    Shifty
    HP: 100
    Status: Staring dumbly at a silver coin in front of the metal gate
    Code:
    Gildon
    Code:
    Lilian
    Oh, and everyone who didn't post this round, (Phenoca and Essishore), are bitten by a spiteful crow and contract Super Rabies. Every round you miss means you take 40 damage! So!

Code:
    Brandy
    HP: 99
    Status: Rubbing the back of her head and standing in front of the metal gate.

And has contracted !!!SUPER RABIES!!!
    Code:
    Diego
    HP: 96
    Status: Flat on his face near the metal gate, locked in battle with a tiny spider.

ENVIRONMENT UPDATES!!!

None! You all did nothing productive! Try again!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 257

Quote Originally Posted by Xenonight2 View Post
    Oh, and everyone who didn't post this round, (Phenoca and Essishore), are bitten by a spiteful crow and contract Super Rabies. Every round you miss means you take 40 damage!
    **** THAT!

I squish the spider with the nearest available hand/foot/weapon.

And loot it.

Name: Phenoca
    Last edited by Phenoca; 05-06-2012 at 06:10 AM.

(Things really aren't going right for you Herbert are they)
    I attempt to climb to the top of the tree and jump over the fence.

-Shifty
    Last edited by Readster; 05-02-2012 at 10:27 PM.

((Oh hey guys, special request: Please put yr character name in your post somewhere so I don't have to keep track of that.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 17

Default Herbert

( RABIES?! Sheesh! Thanks for the encouragement though Lokuri.. I feel so happy now.. impaled, and all that. Hm hm.. Guess I don't have that many options right now. )

Herbert tries to free himself from the gate's clutches.

Sonic’s Milkshake Reputation: 14
    A Sweden, not filled with snow! Long live spring.

(Herbert sure got himself in an edgy situation..... Yeah couldn't resist)

Gildon grasps a branch and starts climbing after Shifty, intent to use the trees height to get himself over the fence without meeting the painful result of his companion.
    Last edited by Befram; 05-03-2012 at 05:41 PM.

Talking

((OOC: Sorry about this...))

Lilian, infuriated by Herbert's lack of process and not willing to risk the dangers of the spooky tree, tries her best to shove Herbert through the gate without damaging her pretty face.

Nurarihyon no Mago!
    Quote:
    -- farag0n; Tales of Amn

(( @Lokuri: Crocodile tears >_>. Agh, you're awful! T_T

Anyway should there be a specific date when the 'RP' continues again after each advance? Like a time limit of sorts. Since we're only throwing one or two lines in our posts, I doubt anyone will feel too pressed about having a time limit. ))

(It makes sense for there to be some kind of time limit actually, otherwise the rabies is meaningless)

Wand of !!!!!!11!!! Power Reputation: 45

Hey Xeno, I wonder if I can join this interesting RPG? I also wonder if there could be mages and sorts of things? If it is allowed to be a mage, then I have a story to share.

**** THAT!

I squish the spider with the nearest available hand/foot/weapon.

And loot it.

Name: Phenoca
    [3] You manage to smoosh the spider with your cheek, making you pretty ugly to look at. Unfortunately, there is no loot on the spider. Tough luck!

You gain a level in CRUSHING SMALL ARACHNIDS WITH YOUR FACE

(Things really aren't going right for you Herbert are they)
    I attempt to climb to the top of the tree and jump over the fence.

-Shifty
    [2] Your skills are insufficient to climb up the tree effectively. Probably because you grew up poor in the city and actually aren't even perfectly sure what a tree is, or how to go about climbing it. This "tree climbing" activity may prove difficult for a city boy like yourself.

Herbert tries to free himself from the gate's clutches.
    [6] You struggle and push and squirm and contort like you've never contorted before! You squish your internal organs to one side to let up the pressure, and then squeeze your lungs to wiggle a bit more, and so on and so forth. And finally...

You feel it! You're slipping free! You put all of your effort into making that ONE... LAST... PUSH... And you are free! On the other side of the gate, of course. Oh, and you are bleeding like hell because you tried way too hard to get out of that gate. In fact, you notice that you took [2] points of damage in that last push.

Gildon grasps a branch and starts climbing after Shifty, intent to use the trees height to get himself over the fence without meeting the painful result of his companion.
    [2] Being a mansion boy, kind of like Shifty being a city boy, you find your skills lacking to climb the tree. I mean, what is a tree? You've never even seen one in your butlering days. It's so brown... And woody... And it has all that bark. Who would name something so hard and wooden after the sound a dog makes? Bark doesn't even make a sound! You find the whole situation faintly ridiculous.

Lilian, infuriated by Herbert's lack of process and not willing to risk the dangers of the spooky tree, tries her best to shove Herbert through the gate without damaging her pretty face.
    [4] Good work actually trying to help Herbet! In a way! However, his squirming and his wiggling is so expert and time consuming that you decide to just more morale support. After all, morale support never hurts your pretty face! Unless you're getting all wrinkly about worrying about your companions.

You gain a level in GROWING WRINKLES.

STATUS UPDATES!!

Code:
    Herbert
    HP: 79
    Has !!!RABIES!!!
    Code:
    Shifty
    Code:
    Gildon
    Code:
    Lilian
    Status: Still being useless in front of the metal gate.  And growing wrinkles.

+1 to growing wrinkles
    Code:
    Diego

+1 to smooshing small enemies with his face.

Code:
    Brandy
    HP: 59
    Status: Rubbing the back of her head and standing in front of the metal gate. And dying slowly of !!!SUPER RABIES!!! it's very tragic.

ENVIRONMENT UPDATES!

Herbert looks around the other side of the metal gate. He sees some bushes on top of a hill. But he should probably focus on getting his companions over to him because there is no way he can survive this alone.

Anyway should there be a specific date when the 'RP' continues again after each advance? Like a time limit of sorts. Since we're only throwing one or two lines in our posts, I doubt anyone will feel too pressed about having a time limit. ))
    Right now I'm busy as heck with my college's finals and stuff, so the pace is going to be a snail's crawl. In a couple of weeks, the time limit will be whatever seems reasonable for people to respond. Usually a couple of days max.

Hey Xeno, I wonder if I can join this interesting RPG? I also wonder if there could be mages and sorts of things? If it is allowed to be a mage, then I have a story to share.
    I'll put you on the waiting list. No mages for now though, I'll explain why in a bit.

Which brings me to my next question: in what ways can our characters display direct/indirect skills while staying within the confines of "reality"? It kind of follows Ouriel's question about magic. ))
    I'll add bonuses to skills that are relevant to your history. Of course, I kind of do that on a whim to try and keep things fun and active.

As for magic, this is just a test run and I want to keep it simple. There are definitely RTDs that can get quite complicated (and still fun!!) with systems of magic and whatnot. But I'll reserve that for either a later time, or for one of you fine roleplayers to start yourself.

(Ok, this is going nowhere fast, I think it's time we tried a team effort.)
    Shifty positions himself to help vault anyone over the fence should they choose to.
    Last edited by Readster; 05-09-2012 at 11:17 AM.

(( Oh boy, such sacrifices just to get to the other side of a simple metal gate.
    What do you mean nowhere, Readster? We got a man inside, that man being me! ^^. Perhaps you missed that part?

@Xeno: Ah, I see. We'll go with a slow pace then for the time being. ))

Herbert tries to unlock/open the gate.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 257

Name: Diego

I go look for everyone else, and help with whatever they are doing......

((You're going to have to be more specific than that, Phenoca.))

Talking

((OOC: Lilian needs to stop being useless...or die...))

Lilian was glad that Herbert made it pass the gate until she felt the signs of aging! Devastated, Lilian hurriedly seeks out a key, grabbing a stick and some rather lethal pebbles for protection.

Nurarihyon no Mago!
    Quote:
    -- farag0n; Tales of Amn

Sonic’s Milkshake Reputation: 14
    A Sweden, not filled with snow! Long live spring.

After having parted ways with the tree Gildon takes Shiftys offer to help, trying to use him to get over the wall.

((OOC:I concur))

Quote Originally Posted by Takesh View Post
    (( Oh boy, such sacrifices just to get to the other side of a simple metal gate.
    What do you mean nowhere, Readster? We got a man inside, that man being me! ^^. Perhaps you missed that part?

@Xeno: Ah, I see. We'll go with a slow pace then for the time being. ))

Herbert tries to unlock/open the gate.
    [6] (I think this die might be loaded to keep rolling six, I may get a new one.) Herbert, with no specific gameplan, starts shaking and rattling the cage like an ape stuck in a cage. Or maybe a gorilla. Do they have gorillas in cages? It would have to be a huge cage. Anyway, Herbert begins channeling the hominid, and he tries busting the gate down from the inside. With a powerful slam, he knocks one of the loose bars of the gate free, sending it sailing right into the chest of Brandy, killing her instantly. Hey, good job! This is actually a good thing.

Lilian was glad that Herbert made it pass the gate until she felt the signs of aging! Devastated, Lilian hurriedly seeks out a key, grabbing a stick and some rather lethal pebbles for protection.
    [5] Lillian searches and searches for a key, checking under flower pots, rocks, the welcome (to your doom) mats, and everything. She doesn't find the key, but she does find... THE FAT DOOR LOCKER. It's like the opposite of a skeleton key. Pleased with her new find, Lilian begins searching for a stick. [3] She finds a decent one fallen from a nearby tree. She now has a RUSTY LEATHER BRANCH. Attacks with this weapon deal +1 damage. [2] Unfortunately, there were no suitably lethal pebbles nearby, but at one point she was unsure whether this dark thing was a pebble or not so she bit it. Turned out, it was just a clump of dirt. Man, this place is tricky!

((THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF A GOOD TURN TO MAKE))

After having parted ways with the tree Gildon takes Shiftys offer to help, trying to use him to get over the wall.
    [2 + 1] With Shifty's help, Gildon barely manages to scramble over the top of the fence. [2] But his balance is not up to it, and he falls flat on his back... Thankfully, on the other side of the fence!

I go look for everyone else, and help with whatever they are doing......
    [0] Diego decides that eating paint chips is useful, and goes running off to find paint chips until hopefully he snaps out of that stupor and decides that the best way to help his allies is by being specific and actually helping, like Lillian or Shifty.

STATUS UPDATES!!!

Code:
    Herbert
    HP: 79
    Status: On the other side of the metal gate, doing his Planet of the Apes impression.
    Has !!!RABIES!!!
    Code:
    Shifty
    Status: Proud that he helped Gildon over the tree! Still on the entrance side of the gate.
    Code:
    Gildon
    Status: Flat on his back, seeing stars. Literally. It's night out, and he's look at the sky. Oh, and his head hurts a little bit from falling from the top of the fence, but now he's on the far side of the gate.
    Code:
    Lilian
    Inventory: RUSTY LEATHER BRANCH, FAT DOOR LOCKER

+1 to growing wrinkles
    Code:
    Diego

+1 to smooshing small enemies with his face.

Code:
    Brandy
    HP: -10

CHARACTER SLOT OPEN
    ENVIRONMENT UPDATES

Gildon appears to have landed on the side of the gate where there is an ominous tombstone... Perhaps he should have looked through the gate to see where he was going to vault over before he picked such a creepy landing spot!

Content with his aiding of his comrades goal, Shifty climbs through the wrecked bars of what used to be the gate and begins digging up the grave with a nearby rock in the hopes of finding a weapon or treasure or...something...