Roll to Dodge! (COME ONE, COME ALL; THIS IS DIFFERENT AND NEW)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    MERRYCHRISTMAS Reputation: 467
    Don't go to college. Give up on your dreams.

Herbert hurls himself at the gate with the full force of his body.
    [6] Herbert hurls himself so hard and so carefully against the gate's weakest structural point that he breaks part of it in a very sharp place and damages himself for [4] damage.

I second that motion, I hurl Herbert at the gate with all of my strength.
    [5] Shifty's perfect aim and strength in throwing Herbert against the gate only caused Herbet to take more damage as he expertly manages to gouge himself on the broken metal gate. Herbert takes an additional [5] damage.

Brandy assists in smashing the gate open by slamming herself against it.
    [3] Brandy's effort is admirable, but since she was just trying to help Herbert and Shifty no one notices and she doesn't really accomplish much worth noting. However, if she had tried doing something else, she might have done something worth noting.

Picking up a rock Gildon uses it to knock on the gate with full force, smashing it into the gate again and again
    [1] Gildon attempts to smash the rock against the gate, but messed up and the rock bounces out of his hand, and it sails perfectly into the back of Brandy's head, causing [1] point of damage to Brandy. Oops! But at least you tried something other than idiotically slamming yourself at a metal gate!

That herald who led us here. I want to beat him up and take his stuff.
    [3] You look around for the heralds first, to see if they are there. They are not, they're already a fair distance off walking away, cackling evilly. You of course, make off after them, [1] but they get away because you fell flat on your face as you attempt a dramatic take off in running. A spider bites you in the face on the ground, dealing [4] points of damage.. You look up, and see that the heralds are already gone... Mysteriously.

Status updates!!

Code:
    Herbert
    HP: 91
    Code:
    Shifty
    HP: 100
    Code:
    Brandy
    HP: 99
    Status: Rubbing the back of her head and standing in front of the metal gate.
    Code:
    Gildon
    HP: 100
    Code:
    Diego
    HP: 96
    Status: Flat on his face near the metal gate, locked in battle with a tiny spider.
    ENVIRONMENT UPDATES!!
    Currently, the metal gate is partially opened, and it may or may not be enough for a person to fit through, but the edges of the opening are sharp and dangerous.
    Reading: NOTHING
    To read: American Gods by Neil Gaiman, The Hungry Games, by J. K. Rowling, No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy
    Last read: A Dance With Dragons by GRRM (4.5/5), A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin (3.5/5), Titus Alone by Mervyn Peake (2.5/5)

Interested in why I picked these books, or want to recommend me some more? Just pm me. I love books.

Loric will always be better than me.
    and I eat poop

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

(Ouch, sorry Herbert )
    I'd like to carefully inspect the new surroundings, checking for treasures or possible dangers

Fat Bowser Reputation: 17

( Wow.. I'm baffled. Guess plain brute force is useful sometimes. Herbert's going to be sore tomorrow though. That's pretty much what I was expecting Readster ^^ (I'll get back at you.. ).
    Hmm.. the metal gate is partially opened, huh? Well, I know my next move. )

Herbert tries to squeeze through the small opening in the metal gate.
    Last edited by Takesh; 04-20-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Sonic’s Milkshake Reputation: 14
    A Sweden, not filled with snow! Long live spring.

(now that was one slippery rock I picked up there brandy. As the position of official gate tester is taken I do this I suppose).

Gildon wanders of searching for any side door, trees to climb or other way of getting inside.

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 18

( HEY!!! So can I join too?! )
    Calm down people, it's just me.

(We're a little full at the moment but I'll put you on a waiting list and message you when another person's character assuredly dies.)
    To read: American Gods by Neil Gaiman, The Hungry Games, by J. K. Rowling, No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy
    Last read: A Dance With Dragons by GRRM (4.5/5), A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin (3.5/5), Titus Alone by Mervyn Peake (2.5/5)

Interested in why I picked these books, or want to recommend me some more? Just pm me. I love books.

and I eat poop

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 29

Talking

((OOC: I assume I just start with the recent turn of events.))

Name: Lilian "Lady" Tristone
    History: Lilian always knew she was beautiful, always ready to charm a man. Unfortunately, her awareness of her beauty has made her a bit of a...narcissist. Hoping to satisfy her need for beauty AND fortune, Lilian decided to gain wealth the hard way: by seducing a few bounty-hunters into..."sharing" their future treasures.

Seeing his brave feats earlier, Lilian encourages Herbert in his efforts to squeeze through the door and hopefully widen the gap.

Nurarihyon no Mago!
    Quote:
    Inpa: "...I got your mask already, look! Isn't it pretty?”
    Balthazar: ”Urgh.. !! It's pink..”
    Inpa: ”Oh please, it's called being metrosexual!..."
    -- farag0n; Tales of Amn

((If the couple of you who haven't posted yet wouldn't mind doing so, then I will continue the story.))

and I eat poop

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

(This seems to be what kills most of the threads recently.)

(All right, I'll give until this weekend for people to post and then it's update time!!

I will be less patient in the future.)

and I eat poop

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast