Guild Wars 2 First Impressions

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 4

Exclamation Guild Wars 2 First Impressions

A video detailing my first look at Guild Wars this past Friday when the Beta Weekend Event started.

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I played this again on Sunday and some of my views have changed. I really like the Thief combat system, it's so much funner than the Mesmer I tried at first. I also learned a lot about the dodge mechanic and the difference between the public questing and world event systems.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

what specs is your pc ? I hope when the game comes out it will be better, seems like there's alot of stuff thats not right yet. By the way thanks for the vid .
    Visit http://swtorlevelguide.wordpress.com/ for the best SWTOR guides!

Quote Originally Posted by huntsman View Post
    what specs is your pc ? I hope when the game comes out it will be better, seems like there's alot of stuff thats not right yet. By the way thanks for the vid .
    You're welcome! I have a 6 core overclocked AMD x6 1090T processor, a Radeon HD 6950 1 GB video card and 8 GB of DDR3 1333 Mhz RAM.

The issue with the performance at the moment from what I am told is that the CPU usage is locked down to (1?) core. Obviously the official game will not have this, which is why I listed it among the beta issues. Now a lot of people said "zomg why u cry bout beta issues waaaaaah! Beta is for feedback!". To that I say "So what am I doing if not giving feedback? I even stated it is a BETA only issue, and they would never put this in the final release. However, this definitely affected my ability to even play the game, so why put out a beta in a semi-unplayable state?".

Thank you for the rational comment and question! A lot of the GW2 reviews have been hijacked by GW2 fanboys telling the reviewer to kill him/herself and other things, for instance OMFGCata's review and WowCrendor's review. So I'm grateful to the people who are able to respond in an intelligent and helpful manner!

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

lol np, When is gw2 coming out ? Im looking forward to playing it and its finally and open world should be fun.
    Visit http://swtorlevelguide.wordpress.com/ for the best SWTOR guides!

TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 88

I watched some of your Videos for GW2 and would you say that your opinion is different now compared to how it was before?
    PS4 Stole my heart... and my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by huntsman View Post
    lol np, When is gw2 coming out ? Im looking forward to playing it and its finally and open world should be fun.
    There's no release date for it, it's been rumored that it will be in June but Arenanet's official statement is "It's done when it's done.".

Quote Originally Posted by MoonStoneX View Post
    I watched some of your Videos for GW2 and would you say that your opinion is different now compared to how it was before?
    Uploading my official review on it today actually, but yes, my opinion has differed from my first impressions. I have still cancelled my preorder, and I'm still disappointed overall, but the game isn't 100% bad as I first implied.