Keepers of the Crystals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 13

Default Keepers of the Crystals

Alright, so it has been QUITE some time since I have last seen you lovelies and for that I apologize. So to come back, I figured why not reinstate an old fan favorite? Hope you enjoy xoxo Aoi

Eons ago, back before there was such things as time, there was an ancient civilization known as Utopia. This place was, as its name said, perfect. Or so they thought. This great kingdom was protected by a secret society known as the Elementals. They had long ago harnessed the powers of nature to great the wonderful world that had once prospered so greatly. The powers were each held within a crystal that each carried, protected by the Elemental beast in which was given the task of aiding the Elementals. The Elementals protected their world from total destruction and despair by using their powers for good.

But, not everything was perfect. An ancient evil had lain dormant for many eons, feeding off of the evils of the world. Once it had become strong enough, it erupted from the core of the world, unleashing its demons upon all of the people. The Elementals were not strong enough to fight off the demons alone, so they joined forces, fusing all of their crystals together to create the Sphere. This stone was used to expel of all the evil from the world. But the evil creature had not been totally defeated, and tried to steal the Sphere to use it for evil. The Elementals sacrificed themselves, defeated the evil and sending it back to the depths of hell from which it came. The Sphere was destroyed. The Crystalline Creature that had aided the Elementals were able to harness the powers again, locking themselves and the powers into crystal orbs until the Elementals would be needed again. They stayed hidden for all of eternity. Until now.

You don't know it yet, but you have just been chosen by destiny to become the next Elemental. The creature has come to you, it is your destiny. Will you accept this task? Decide quickly, for the evil that once lay dormant has fed off of humanities evils, and will be awakened very soon. It is your choice to save the universe from utter destruction. Choose wisely.

You have just entered the world of the Keepers of the Crystals.

This is set in modern day Japan. Each of the Keepers is a teenager at a high school known as AKIRA. It’s a honors high school for gifted students, so either naturally intelligent or a hard worker or really good at music, sports, writing, etc… You will find out more as we go along. Our story begins on the way to an annual field trip to a nearby nature reserve. Here, we will discover our powers. Your crystalline form is essentially the original crystal warriors manifesting themselves, almost like a reincarnation. Your crystal beasts will become locked away in your hearts, unlocking them when you meditate. You can communicate with them within your mind, as well as visit them in a meditative state or in your dreams. They will aid you on your journey. I wish you the best of luck on your journey. And be wary of the shadows.

Rules:
    -Obviously no godmodding, taking control, etc…
    -Please don’t use the same character you have on every other RPG, it makes things boring and confusing
    -BE CREATIVE, this is supposed to be fun so go crazy with it!
    -Nobody is perfect so make flaws! The more the better!
    -If you want to drop out please tell me first, I want a smoothly running rpg where it will last more then two pages
    -Be literate; please no little one or two line posts, at least a paragraph or two, preferably more!
    -Please color code either your text or your speech so we can easily differentiate between thoughts and speech

The Crystals& their Beasts:
    Fire Tiger
    Water Dragon
    Wind Hawk
    Earth Monkey
    Ice Wolf- Aya Fuse (me)
    Sun (Light) Fox

Name: Ayame Fuse
    Nickname: Aya
    Appearance:
    Aya is slightly taller then the average Japanese teenage girl with a slim waist and lean body type. She is thin, with small curves and sinewy muscles. She looks rather scrawny, but is naturally athletic and is much more powerful then she looks. She has long dark hair that is rather straight and reaches to her mid back if left out. She has a nearly symmetrical face with high cheekbones and piercing blue/grey eyes. Her hair is straight and very dark, so dark in fact, that it has a purple/blue hue to it. Her bangs are cut straight across her forehead, right below her eyebrows. She has wide eyes, a small nose, and freckles sprinkle the bridge of her nose and cheeks. Her lips are un-proportional, and she often chews on her larger lower lip when she is concentrating or nervous. She is usually seen in her school uniform: a grey pleated skirt with dark blue trim, a white collared shirt, a dark blue asymmetrical vest with black trim, a blue ribbon tie, black socks that reach up her thighs, white shoes, and a white headband.
    Personality: Aya is what you call a nerd. She is very intelligent and can be very cynical. She rather spend her time studying or learning a new language, instrument, etc… then hanging out with her “friends.” She is very hard on herself, has low self-esteem, and is quiet. She rarely opens up to others and tries to have a hard exterior. She is very analytical and is quick to criticize others. She tends to over think things and believes that people as a whole are bad.
    Bio/History: Aya is from a middle class family. Both her parents are very hard on her and expect perfection. She grew up under strict rule, always try to please them, to no avail. She continued to excel in classes, always consuming new information. She was bullied all throughout middle school when she was much more meek. In high school, she remains a constant torment of the "popular" crowd, that is until she silently- and single handedly- sent of the main bullies to the hospital with the use of a calculator, a ruler, and a pencil she had on hand. After being expelled from her previous high school, she finally decided to enroll into AKIRA High School for Gifted and Talented Students. She thought that acceptance would gain her parents approval. They remained indifferent.
    Other: She is very critical of herself and others. She is not one to sit back idly as something important unfolds before her, but she will be more tactful than simply rushing in head on.

Crystalline Form-

Power: Ice
    Beast: Wolf
    Beast Appearance: Avalon is a large arctic wolf. He stands at six foot tall, with piercing blue eyes and massive paws. He is completely white, almost blindingly so.
    Weapon of Choice: A sword. It is thicker then a rapier but thinner then a broadsword.
    Appearance: Aya is stripped of her uniform and placed into a suit of armor. But the style is very feminine. It is a dress of armor coming very high on her thighs for easy mobility. The top is much like a dress, but plated with metal. It is sleeveless with shoulder blades and metal gauntlets that reach up past her elbows. She wears brown boots up to her lower thighs with metal plating winding around it. The pattern on her armored dress is ivy like. Her breast plate has an intricate design of some sort of tribal scripture. A large blue ribbon is tied around her waist, flowing out behind her and her hilt has a similar ribbon wrapped around it.
    Attacks:
    Ice Blade- self-explanatory. She creates another sword out of ice so she fights with dual swords, one metal and one ice.
    Frostbite- the typical ice attack, can either hurl chunks of ice at the enemy, make the enemy very cold, or cause extreme freezer burn, each being painful(i.e. frostbite)
    Absolute Zero- creates snowstorm that completely encases the enemy in snow (for a large group) or can freeze the atoms of a person to literally freeze them on the spot (for one enemy at a time)
    Weakness:
    Physical- She is agile and quick, but not physically strong. She is stronger then she looks, but not much. And she is quick, but has poor endurance.
    Mental- She tends to overanalyze things instead of just reacting, she anticipates too much. She often can talk or think herself out of the correct choice.
    Elemental- Fire attacks/ Intense Heat

Name:
    Nickname:
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    Bio/History:
    Other:

Crystalline Form-
    Power:
    Beast:
    Weapon of Choice:
    Appearance:
    Attacks: (3, one easy, one normal, and one ultimate)
    Weakness: (3, one physical, one mental, and one elemental)
    Last edited by AoiRozenGirl; 05-02-2012 at 07:02 PM.
    In this carnival of men, I'm just another freak among the show.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Name: Eden Niwa
    Nickname: Edy
    Appearance: Eden has a heart shaped face, which compliments her body type. She is particularly scrawny, but athletic. She has strong arms and legs, a thin middle and a good sized chest. Her skin is a light bronze color, and is smooth as a baby. She has dainty fingers and feet, but regularly bites her nails. She always says she will stop, but it's a bad habit. Eden's eyes are dark green, with an earthy brown ring around the edge. Her eyes are big for her heart shaped face, but manages to tone them down with enough make-up. Eden's nose is rounded and small, sitting a little too close to her eyes. Her lips are light pink and full. Her hair is the color of hay, and she usually has it down. It is very long, a bit longer than a foot. It is naturally wavy, and she can curl it or straighten it with ease. Eden's school uniform is border line appropriate, showing as much cleavage as possible without getting expelled, and she tries to spice it up with accessories. She takes it right of after school lets out, not caring a thing for it, and throws on a low cut (usually green or dark pink) shirt, some thin shorts, and sandals.
    Personality: Eden is a caring person. She cares about people, and listens to them when they speak. She herself doesn't really talk much. Eden is a follower, a go with the flow person. She is calm, and strong in her beliefs. She is very intelligent, straight A's and such. She picks things up real quick, and keeps them in her near perfect photographic memory.
    Bio/History: Eden comes from an upper class family. Her father is the president of a large manufacturing company, and her mother is a caterer. Since her father's father died last year, her grandmother lives with them in their large penthouse suite. She gives them good advice, and likes sewing curtains. Eden was part of the popular crowd for a while before transferring to AKIRA High. She partied and hung out with the pretty people. But when her boyfriend tried going a little too far, she cut off all ties with her 'friends'. She hung out with the loners, and convinced them that life was too good to go through alone, and she made them all like brother's and sister's. They looked out for each other. Every now and then one of the popular people will be picking on somebody, and Eden will step in with her 'Every life is precious' moral. When her parents wanted her to go to AKIRA, she knew that it was the right thing to do.
    Other: She rarely sees her parents, spending most of her time with her Grandmother, Ysha. Her Ysha is just the kind of person that will step back and really see people for who they are, and not for whom they wish to be. Her grandma used to work in a fortune cookie factory.

Crystalline Form-

Power: Earth
    Beast: Monkey
    Weapon of Choice: Collapsible bamboo staff. It is like a cheerleader's baton, only longer, and made of bamboo.
    Beast Appearance: Akumu is a grey langur, she stands at about two and a half feet tall. Her tail is about three feet long, easy for grabbing and swinging. She has a solid black face, and feet. Everything else on her is a light grey, like snow clouds.
    Appearance: Eden is completely wrapped in green, it is metal but very real looking. It has etchings of vines and flowers, the flowers on her stomach and lining her arms and legs are painted earthy blues and violets. It is a one-piece, covering her from her neck's base to feet. Her helmet is just that, a plain brown helmet seated tightly on her head.
    Attacks: Ivy Wrap- Ivy and vines come up from the ground or trees and wrap around somebody.
    Rock throw- Debris and pebbles form an object she can use to throw at somebody.
    Earthquake- A literal earthquake. The Earth can split a ways and swallow something.
    Weakness: Physical- Eden cannot lift heavy items, the debris from the ground she can pick up with her mind is as much as she can physically pick up.
    Mental-Eden cannot multitask, she cannot focus on disarming the enemy and saving her friend at the same time.
    Elemental- High winds, or lack of air.

Wand of !!!!!!11!!! Power Reputation: 16

((Would you mind terribly if I asked to reserve Sun (Light) Fox? I will get a character sheet in as soon as humanly possible)

Where eyes should have been to empty sockets were, the most dark feature of the girl in front of her. It seemed as if she was talking, but when she looked closer she saw the thick black thread that stitched the girls mouth together. ~BLU By LDM

(( No problem! Just get it in as soon as possible if you could. Thanks! ^^ ))

Fire Tiger
    Water Dragon
    Wind Hawk
    Earth Monkey- Eden Niwa (Evely_Renee)
    Ice Wolf- Aya Fuse (me)
    Sun (Light) Fox- xxxxxx (bloodyjane22345)

Default Reservation

Save me a spot okay? I want Wind Hawk if possible. I'm just new here, it's nice to meet an old timer.
    Inspiring quotes from game characters:

"My story is one of many thousands, the world will not suffer if it ends too soon"

-Ezio Auditore da Firenze

"As Vladimir would say... 'You can only die once, so make sure it's worth it'"

-Dimitri "Dima" Mayakovsky

(( No problem! Just a note to those who have not posted their Character sheets yet, please do so ASAP. I plan to start the roleplay tomorrow. If the spots are not filled I will fill them with filler characters which others may take on if they decide to join as we go along.

So please, fill out your character sheets ASAP. Thanks! ^^

Also, Manic Alchemist I welcome you to the realm of roleplaying! I hope you enjoy your time here and I hope I can make one of your first roleplays memorable~))

Fire Tiger
    Water Dragon
    Wind Hawk- xxxxxx (Manic Alchemist)
    Ice Wolf- Aya Fuse (me)

Default Sorry!!

I forgot that we had a trip and my cousins are there and there is no wifi! So you can make my charrie I might go on from time to time though. Can you name him Brandon Monter, he has a double blade spear, obsidian and steel tip on one side and another. You can make him look anything you want. Here are the attacks: Wind Gust- Makes a strong gust of wind that distracts the enemy.
    Wind Way- Makes a path made of wind when you put something in it, the object or weapons follows the path.
    Whirl Wind- Makes a literal whirl wind in a specific place or just make chaos

You can add the rest it's okay if it seems too much work and not do it at all. I'll just go in when I can okay?
    Inspiring quotes from game characters:

"My story is one of many thousands, the world will not suffer if it ends too soon"

-Ezio Auditore da Firenze

"As Vladimir would say... 'You can only die once, so make sure it's worth it'"

-Dimitri "Dima" Mayakovsky

(I am very sorry to hear that! Unfortunately, I will be opening your spot up to the public because it is only fair to give those who can consistently roleplay the chance to do so. Please do feel free to join in when you return!)

Fire Tiger
    Water Dragon
    Wind Hawk
    Ice Wolf- Aya Fuse (me)

Wand of !!!!!!11!!! Power Reputation: 16

Name: Anju Delaney
    Nickname: N/A
    Appearance: Anju stands at 5'4" and weighs little under 110 pounds. Her hair falls in curls down to her middle back, and frames her heart shaped face. Her hair is bright red, a trait she gets from her father. Her eyes though are more like her mothers, slightly slanted and deep black, with no other color. Sheis slightly pudgy, but not completely overweight. She considers herself to be average for her hight.
    Personality: Anju is smart. But acts ditzy and a bit too odd for her own good. She gets a little crazy at times, and has dramatic mood swings. Sometimes Anju can be extremely mean, and when in this kind of mood its best just to shut up and stay away from her until it subsides. Anju is also considered to be a person who likes to be around others, wether they are friend, foe, or just a stranger. She also loves talking, and its nearly impossible to get her to shut up. Some people see Anju as a pest, others consider her that annoying friend you keep around for laughs. But Amju tries her hardest to keep friends.
    Bio/History: Her parents weren't like most, they weren't strict. And honestly, only her mother pushed her to get straight A's in school. Her father was a laid back man, who unfortunantly moved away after divorcing Anju's mother. In her best intrest he makes her stay with her mother, despite her protests about wanting to go with him. After so long in her high school she was labeled as the freak who wouldn't shut up, always being teased by those who weren't friends with her. In the end Anju got expelled for attacking a teacher (Though in all honesty it wasn't her fault) And decided to enroll at Akira.
    Other: Her father is American. Wich is why her last name isn't Japanese, and her features are also slightly different then most.

Crystalline Form-
    Power: Sun (Light)
    Beast: Fox
    Beast Apperance: Aki is a large red fox that is nearly six feet tall with odd swirls of tan around her neck and paws. With bright electric green eyes.
    Weapon of Choice: Staff with Scythe like Blades around the top.
    Appearance: Anju is wearing tan pants that look almost like toga pants. They cut off at her calf and have white knee guards on them. Her shirt is sleeveless, almost tunic like with a pattern of cream colored swirls on it. The pants and shirt connect together by two straps that go around her waist (like a belt) and wrap around her shoulders (The straps are reddish orange) She also wears black boots that cover the rest of her legs, and have the same white guards at the ankle. Her hands are covered by thick white gloves that make it easier to grip her scythe. Her shirt has a strap in the back that keeps the Scythe in place if she needs to put it away. Anju also has a little off white hat that has metal guards to keep her head safe.
    Attacks: Sun Blade- (Normal) A basuc attack that turns her scythe into a minature sun-looking ball, it radiates energy that helps her attack with precision.
    Heat wave- (Easy) Because the power of light also draws from the sun, the heat wave is literally a wave. It steals the foes energy, but doesn't do much else.
    Energy Force- (Ultimate) Like gathering energy from the sun itself, Anju intakes and exhales a ball of energy that is sure to hit the enemy. This though drains her really fast, and is to be used for emergancies.
    Weakness:
    If there is no light/sunlight to draw energy from.
    If her mental energy is drained completely (Wether from an enemy attack or from using Energy Force)
    If she is injured to a point where she is unable to use her powers.

(I had a hard time lol)
    Last edited by bloodyjane22345; 06-10-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Where eyes should have been to empty sockets were, the most dark feature of the girl in front of her. It seemed as if she was talking, but when she looked closer she saw the thick black thread that stitched the girls mouth together. ~BLU By LDM

(( We will be starting either Wednesday or Thursday depending on when I return from my trip. Just letting everyone know so they will be able to start up with the roleplay and have a chance to add/finish their character sheets. I can't wait! ))

Fire Tiger
    Water Dragon
    Wind Hawk
    Ice Wolf- Aya Fuse (me)

(( Also, to get you guys as excited as I am, here is a preview post for the starting post of the roleplay. Get pumped! ^^ ))

Aya Fuse sat alone-as usual-on the bus, concentrating on staring out the window and not at the obnoxious people in her class. The high school for the gifted was having another field trip, and this one was mandatory. You would have thought such a prestigious institution would have more "high class" field trips, so to speak. But the gifted and talented students of Akira High get to muck around in the woods all day. Great.

Aya would much rather be sitting home studying or playing on the piano. But instead she was stuck on this horrid bus with these idiotic people. For a high school for such gifted and talented, they sure were some teenagers that the pianist wouldn't mind were strangled. She could be considered cold hearted, but that didn't bother her. She cared about her grades and studies more then what anyone else thought about her. It didn't help that this was still the beginning of the year; she was still the weird new transfer student who got kicked out of her last high school for attacking three students and sending them to the hospital... She contented herself with the thought that she would be leaving this school in a year and finally going off to college, away from everything. Especially her parents. She felt as though one little field trip would be worth it, no matter how annoying it seemed.

They were on their way to some forest region near the mountians. Some biological/ ecological themed tour was going to happen and then they would get the whole spiel about 'going green' and such. That would be very uninteresting. There was a big push on the school districts to encourage recycling and eco-friendly practices. This made Ayame snort. She sat quietly on the bus ride, her fingers moving of their own accord to the song in her head and she quietly sang to herself, her voice so low that no one would hear. She rarely spoke to anyone, never being the first to strike up a conversation unless need by. She only replied to her elders. Most saw her a stuck up, but honestly, she didn't feel comfortable opening up to others. Thanks to her parents, she would never have the appropriate level of self-esteem- not that she would ever admit to it.

When the bus rolled to a stop, she got out of her front seat as quickly as she could, moving swiftly off the bus and into the small wooded area. The rest of the students filed off the bus and were promptly assigned into groups of eight or so. "Fuse, Ayame." A tall, bronze haired guide whose nametag read Yomiko called her name. "Hai," she replied curtly before he continued down his list. Aya payed little attention, staring off into the eiry wilderness. There was a small shack like area where the rangers and guides would stay, and various paths jetting out into the dense woods. Something didn't feel right. She shrugged off the feeling and stood in her group patiently. The odd pang of... deja vu overcame the girl, but she had never been to this place before. Something was definitely off, but she pushed the thought from her already cluttered mind.
    Last edited by AoiRozenGirl; 05-14-2012 at 12:19 AM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast