Celes Arca and Iruna Online [Android]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 52

Default Celes Arca and Iruna Online [Android]

So this company popped up and released two new(And completely free to play) Android OS MMORPG's.

Celes Arca's main features are a turn based battle system without the random encounters(Run into enemies to fight), and the use of cores equipped in weapons and armor to equip skills. I've seen an NPC at the start that allows you to change classes at some point, and according to a video I watched players can wander into the battles of other and join in for a nice take on pick up group play. I've got my eye on this one, mainly because my turn based MMORPG habit didn't die when Concerto Gate died.
    Celes Arca

You begin as a novice, when you reach level 4 and complete the first story quest you can begin the quest for class change. The boss for the quest is a level 7 turtle, found by going to the beach, taking the stairs to the top of the ruins, running to the top left and taking the stairs down. It's weak against fire damage, but has about 600 hp. Had to use 2 healing items to manage to kill it as a level 10 even. You gain the first weapon for the class as well as the first upgraded armor(Not the class specific, the anyone type of armor). You get a number of keys to unlock skill cores for your class(I had 4 unlocks available at level 11), there's also multiple tiers to skill cores.

Fighter > Knight/Barbarian(At level 65) > Lord Knight/Vanguard:

Gains around 300 hp and 20 mp from class change.

Skill Cores:
    Full Swing - Free from changing classes. Single target attack.
    Strike - Slash attack on a single foe. - Nearly equal damage to Full Swing at level 1.
    Charge - Set off a charged attack. - A two turn attack that deals very high damage.
    Taunt - Divert enemy attention to you. - Pretty standard taunt.
    Crash - Cancel charge attacks by foes. - Cancels out enemy's charge attacks, I've seen one so far.
    Counter - Counter after enemy attack. - Pretty standard counter, counters all enemies for the phase.
    Fierce Attack - Stronger attack when near death. - Weaker than Strike at high health, did considerably more at low health.
    Attack Up - Raise attack power. Apply to weapon.
    Defense Up - Raise defense. Apply to shield.

Mage > Cleric/Magician(At level 65) > Grand Sage/Joker:

Gains around 150 hp and 60 mp from class change.

Skill Cores:
    Vanse - Free from changing classes. Hit 1 foe with an element-less magic.
    Ignis - Hit 1 foe with fire magic.
    Aqua - Hit 1 foe with water magic.
    Winde - Hit 1 foe with wind magic.
    Terra - Hit 1 foe with earth magic.
    Electa - Hit 1 foe with thunder magic.
    Stealth - Make it easier to dodge blows.
    Magic Up - Raises magic power. Apply to weapon.
    Magic Def Up - Raises magic defense. Apply to shield.

Gunner > Jaeger/Striker(At level 65) > Gunslinger/Dragonar:

Gains around 200 hp and 30 mp from class change.

Skill Cores:
    Magic Steel - Free from changing classes. Deals 33% damage, steals mp from the enemy for yourself.
    Pinpoint - Always hit with your attack.
    Double Strike - A multi-hit attack.
    Break Strike - Break through enemy defenses.
    Poison Needle - Poison foes.
    Heal Shot - Fire an HP recovery beam.
    Unstatus - Cure poison/sleep/curse.
    Accuracy Up - Raise accuracy. - Apply to headgear.
    Evasion Up - Raise evasion. - Apply to (under?) lower/feet.

There is a bar next to your attack options that fills up as you fight, this is similar to limit breaks from Final Fantasy in that when the bar gets full you can select another option on your combat list to do a class specific special attack. Novices get a high damage attack that heals them for the damage dealt, Fighters get an earthquake, Mages get a full party attack, Gunners get a paralyzing shot. Not sure on the other two classes.

An NPC in town allows you to deposit items and can sells some for you, sort of an auction house.

Iruna Online is more action oriented, running around real time and clicking enemies live to attack them. The graphics are fairly impressive and a little step up. Didn't do much in the tutorial as of yet, so I can't say much about it. Edit: Turns out Iruna Online is region blocked currently for EU players.
    Iruna Online

Iruna Online Wiki(Current US Version)

Iruna Online Wiki(JP)

Classes:
    Apprentice Warrior and Witch at 10. (I think, working on it now)
    Warrior and Mage at 20.
    (Tank/Physical Melee), Archer, Wizard, Cleric at 50.
    Holy Knight/Gladiator, Sniper/Assassin, High Wizard/Enchanter, Monk/Bishop at 120.
    Samurai, Ninja, Minstrel are special classes at level 100.

To set class skills, open the menu, go to settings, shortcuts.

You get to own an island and customize it. There are 18 total island designs(Seasonal, night time, underwater, etc). Complete with house, walls and furniture. As well as pet housing, farming and fishing.

Both games have attribute systems akin to Ragnarok Online, gaining points and increasing attributes of your choice that affect the various true statistics. And both games actually have some degree of character customization, from 3 hairstyles/colors/skin colors and both genders on Celes Arca, to 4-5 on Iruna Online.
    Last edited by Cesious; 05-07-2012 at 03:55 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 245

If only BlueStacks and YouWave worked like they should, then it may be possible to play these on PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mime Taxidermy View Post
    I don't think that Internet Explorer can display CSS, only HTML.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Looks like fun to me, when the creatures die and freeze then burst into a bunch of smaller cubes makes me squeal like a small girl.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

ooo thanks for the share on "IRUNA" not seen that one. i played a bit on celes but ive been mostly playing tera lately so not been able to play much else, even on the move =p
    But what i played of it, just reminds me of the singleplayer final fantasy series battle format in a mmo world, quite nice but a tad strange *maybe as im not used to such odd things!* Admitted no lag on the game on my Motorola Atrix 4g.

EDIT=
    Tried to download IRUNA from the uk, its region blocked at the moment =/ shame!
    Last edited by Xellpnz; 05-02-2012 at 01:22 PM. Reason: New infomation
    "Hmmm, my common sense is tingling..."

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

I can play this on my phone..?

F*** they have better graphics than the majority of games installed on my computer.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 12

It should also be noted that Celes Arca is in it's Alpha Test period according to the updates. Pretty impressive for an alpha test. That "10 trillion design patterns sounds interesting.

Both are in alpha test now, and they run pretty damn well for being alpha.

@Xell
    Damn that it's region blocked, didn't know that. I've got an Atrix 4g too, 0 lag in either game and I had the settings maxed out. When I was testing out Celes Arca I actually got to have a small group encounter.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Thanks for the information, gonna check em out right now.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis
    Smash Bros 3DS NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366)

I'm on Celes Arca taking a look at a few things, seems like it's simple to create a guild. And it's a pretty busy game player-wise, counting 12 people in the second server in the starting town at the moment.

Cesious on there, tend to hang out on the Hydra server(You're not locked into a server). Saw Kashis in game. :P

For people who don't know, doing the tutorial nets you a small amount of currency, a skill gem, a reforged/upgraded weapon and a +1 upgrade on top of that.
    Last edited by Cesious; 05-02-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 39

I haven't played these ones yet and I most likely won't. Android games always have the shitty software dpads. I want a game like Diablo 3 were I touch on the screen and that is where my character walks, not software analogs/dpads.

The d-pad is an anywhere touch joystick for Celes Arca and a set d-pad(From what I saw) for Iruna Online.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast