Poor registration experience

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Poor registration experience

I'd like to comment on the Registration page for this site.

I signed up to be able to comment on an article about an event I recently attended.

Everything was pretty straightforward until it came to the "Random Question" section.

Apparently I'm not cool enough to guess exactly what you wanted for answers since it kept rejecting my registration due to providing an "incorrect answer" to a ridiculous question that has any number of possible answers.

After 3 attempts at answering the question I was ready to just give up on this site and vow never to return. I decided to give it one more try and was surprised it didn't reject the answer I provided due to it not being in the form it was expecting.

I was being extremely patient with the process but I know some people that would have given the site the finger after having to fill out passwords multiple times due to not providing the "correct" answer to a stupid question that really has no one right answer.

I may never post on the site again, but it's not about the registration process. There is just very little here that I find appealing. I play one game. I'm not looking for other games to play. But someone may post another article about my game and I'd like to be able to comment on it.

I know others that would approach this site with a similar attitude and I can't recommend that they sign up for an account due to the stupidity of the rejections for "incorrect answers" to a ridiculous question.

Not all of us have a 3-year old's mentality to find such things "cute" on a website.

Good luck.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 107

3 years olds mentality? All of the random questions are answered with one word or number, and they are all very simple in fact you are right a 3 year old could get these right.

other question examples:
    "What is twelve plus 5" Answer: 17
    "If you were a shark, would you be a human?" Answer: No
    "Is OnRPG the Best Free MMO Source?" Answer: Yes
    "What is 32 plus three?" Answer: 35
    "How many letters are in the word OnRPG?" Answer: 5
    "Are you a dirty spambot?" Answer: No

I mean are these questions really that hard to answer? In fact these questions were made to keep spam bots from registering easily and they are in no way shape or form meant to stump a living person who can think.

scorpio
    [SIGPIC]

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 585

30 seconds of pain, after that years and years with less bots and add-spam.

Worth it.
    Last edited by Ronin; 05-06-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Stay frosty.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by gratscorpio View Post
    "If you were a shark, would you be a human?" Answer: No
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

THANKSOBAMA Reputation: 534

What was the question that you had difficulty with?

Reading: Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
    Last read: You Just Don't Understand!: Women and Men in Conversations by Deborah Tannen (A MUST READ), A Child Named "It" by Dave Pelzer (NOT BAD), A Dance With Dragons by GRRM (4.5/5)

Interested in why I picked these books, or want to recommend me some more? Just pm me. I love books.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Bump for lulz.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.