Better Compiler?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Okay, I use DevC++ because itís free and very easy to use. I actually like it more than Visual Studio and find it is the easiest free compiler to work with. So far, I havenít run into any problems using it and I know itís widely used by many programmers.

Here Is The Download Link:

http://www.bloodshed.net/dev/devcpp.html

-PB
    Been A Member Since May of 2005

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Yea I use that but that also comes with errors that shouldn't be there. ANy other ones? Thanks though for the responds.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Okay you keep saying something about "error that should not be there". If two different compliers are giving you the same error then the error is there.

Is it the same error as what you originally post? If so did you even look at the link I gave you? I am telling you that the compiler does not know where the heck to find the windows.h file. You could fully qualify the path for the compiler #include ďC:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\Include\windows.hĒ or where ever it is on your machine, or you could try what the link above says and not have to fully qualify the path in every applicaiton you write.

If it is not this error then what are the errors you are getting now?

Will this is on Dev now. I even copied and pasted the whole code (after seeing the error { no wayt o fix it and thats hwo i'm supposed to do it). So I decided to copy and paste the book code. I still get that error so It has to be the compiler. Unless there was a recent update to Dev.

I've copied and pasted code from sources such as books too and have had errors too. This still does not mean it is the compiler fault or error. It could mean the code is not compatible with the compiler you are trying to use. Can you point me to what you are trying to compile, a link or something?

Hmmm will i'm trying to compile (I dont' got any links ><). But i'm trying to compile where circles well keep appearing on the screen (full screen mode). Then you press Esc to exit the program. That's on Dev-C++. But on microsoft visual the windows.h does not exist and d3d9.h was not found it he include files (which i'v put it there yet I still get the error). I'm going to keep searching for a good compiler that will actually work.

Well with out some code there is no way I can help you. Good luck.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 10

I have a similar problem which is why i might learn somthing else. When I try to compile the code it says 'no errors founf' and 'Cannot run the program' IDK how to fix it either

eh nobody knows where to get a better compiler free nor do they know how to fix the error.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12