Web Koihime Musou Official Cosplay Contest Thread

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    General Manager Reputation: 330

Default Web Koihime Musou Official Cosplay Contest Thread

Welcome to the official voting page for Web Koihime Musou's AnimeExpo Cosplay Contest hosted by Beanfun and Gamania. Have you seen the girls yet? Check below to a recap of who they are and then head to the link below to cast your votes for your first and second favorite girls! We'll of course be giving out key codes to unlock powerful warlord cards for Web Koihime Musou to anyone that votes and comments on this thread saying who they are rooting for so join in! So sign up for an OnRPG account and then cast your vote!

Voting is Now Closed

Anyway let's introduce the girls:

Sushi Monster

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Hi everyone I’m Sushi Monster and I’ve been cosplaying since 2005. The reason I got into it was because I really like anime and video games, and ever since I went to my first Convention I saw all these people dressed up as my favorite characters or just some really cool costumes so I wanted to do it too. Ever since then I've been a total addict! Also I really like the social aspect of cons like getting to meet so many friends who are into the same series as me.

In Web Koihime Musou, the character that i'll be cosplaying as is Ryubi. The reason why I chose her was because I really like her cute design and she has such a charming personality in the anime. I think it will be a great challenge, especially doing her wig and some of the sculpting work on her sword, since I've never done prop work before.

Hope everyone has a great day!

http://www.facebook.com/sushimonstuhcosplay

Manzi

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Hey everybody, my name is Manzi and I’m going to be portraying SoSo from Web Koihime Musou. I first started cosplaying in 2009; I’d always gone to conventions but I never considered cosplaying. But when I met Vanessa and my other cosplay friends, they really inspired me and encouraged me to do it myself.

I was originally drawn to the character SoSo by her design, I tend to be drawn to blonde characters. I really love the colors: the blues and purples and particularly enjoy the small pieces of armor she has as well as her giant scythe. I’m much more a prop person than I am a traditional sewer, so I jump at the opportunity to make armor; that’s really my specialty. I think it’s gonna be great so stay tuned!

nihilistique.com

Vani

YouTube Video

Hi my name is Vanessa and I’m really excited to be participating in the Web Koihime Musou Cosplay Event! I’ve been cosplaying for about 10 years. In 2001, I went with two of my best friends to Anime Expo and we met a lot of really cool people that dressed up in costumes they had made themselves. It was awesome to meet other creative people that were into the same things that I was in to. I decided next year I’m going to do this, and so in 2002, I made my first costume for a convention!

I’m really excited to be cosplaying as Sonsaku because her character is very regal and I was drawn to the detailed design of her hair, like the trims, beading and cool hair pieces. I think the toughest part will be her dress since it’s very fitted, very tailored, and very sexy! Getting the fit perfect is going to be the biggest challenge, but I like doing that kind of stuff so I think it will a very fun costume!

http://vani.deviantart.com/gallery/

Jenny

YouTube Video

Hi everyone, my name is Jenny, some of you may know me as Daitenshi. I’ve been cosplaying since about 1998, but my first time cosplaying at a convention was Fanime 2001. I’ve done a lot of video and anime costumes, but my favorite thing to do is fantasy inspired costumes; I love designing my own thing and then creating it from the ground up.

I first came to know the Web Koihime Musou Cosplay project from some friends and I’m so excited to be a part of this! I watched the series, I played a little bit of the game, I’m really drawn to the character Choun. She’s very strong, she’s a warrior, but she’s also really sarcastic and has these wonderful little quirks. Her costume is a little plain so I’m definitely going to be doing a lot of texture and little touches, like the beautiful butterfly-esque designs on her sleeves. It’s a very short kimono design that is going to require a lot of support, so it’s going to be interesting to create the understructure and then pull the rest of the costume together around that.

I hope you guys will cheer for me and look forward to my progress updates!

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1961538/

To follow the cosplay progress, you can visit either of the following sites:

1. Web Koihime Musou’s Living Battle Maidens homepage – http://www.mykoihime.com/event/cosplay/

2. Web Koihime Musou’s Facebook page – http://www.facebook.com/?sk=welcome#!/koihimeenglish

3. OnRPG Featured Coverage:

Progress Report 1: http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/Web-Koihime...ntest-Report-1

Progress Report 2: http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/Web-Koihime...ntest-Report-2

Progress Report 3: http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/Web-Koihime...ntest-Report-3

Final Reveal: http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/Web-Koihime...t-Final-Reveal
    Last edited by DizzyPW; 06-27-2012 at 08:27 PM.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Progress report #2 is now live!

History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Our third cosplay progress report is now live!

The girls' final reveal is now live!

http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/Web-Koihime...t-Final-Reveal

Cast your votes for your favorites and comment below telling us who you are rooting for and I'll PM you codes to snag a free Warlord card in for Web Koihime Musou (now in open beta testing!)

Personally I voted for Vani because the physics behind that dress boggled my mind!
    Last edited by DizzyPW; 06-19-2012 at 06:10 PM.

OnRPG Tech Wizard Reputation: 10

Sweet, sushi monster for the win! coming in second is Vani for me, haha wish there were more than 4 options

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Yeah, I feel Sushimonster (Ryubi) pulls off the cosplay the best and got my vote. Manzi (SoSo) was really good as well and got my second vote.

jenny and vani rock my socks!

MMOHut Content Manager Reputation: 23

Default Cosplay Votin' Time!!!!

Man! its tough they are all so good!!! I finally narrowed it down to Jenny and Vani. I love the pictures taken of Jenny, but I think Vani nailed the look of her character.

Vani has my vote!

I felt that Vani's cosplay was the best because she really captured the Sonsaku's character and made it her own based on this photo:

Manzi's cosplay of SoSo and Jenny's cosplay of Choun were good, but I felt none of the pictures taken capture/reveal much aspects of the characters they're dresses up as such as Choun's weird sense of humor.

I voted Sushi Monster's cosplay of Ryuubi to be my second favorite.

Game Journalist Reputation: 10

Vani's my pic she's the closest to the characters among the bunch

Where video Games Matter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast