Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Secret World

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Is there a specific server that people on onrpg play on? Just bought the game and wanna play with some people if possible :]

Insert Forgotten Title here Reputation: 131

Servers aren't all that important, honestly. You can hop between them so long as you have somebody to invite you. Servers presently only serve a purpose if you're big into PvP.

1.0.2 patch notes are up~

GENERAL
    * Updated sprint buffs so you can now see which upgrade to sprint you are using.
    * Sharing Side missions now should work even when the share target has 1 or 2 Side missions already.
    * The speed and animation for walking backwards has been slightly increased.
    * Kingsmouth - Jack Boone's hair is no longer clipping through his hat.
    * Purple Quickened Anima can now be bought at Rank 8 as intended.
    * Several code changes/fixes to support the Tradepost were included in this update. Please continue testing the Tradepost on Testlive and giving us your feedback.
    * Updated clothing items to reflect the naming convention in the Item shop.
    * Added new achievements for 1000 and 5000 completed missions.
    * Nightwatch Glyph crafting kits are now Bind on Pickup.
    * Made Lore piece 5 in Agartha more accessible.
    * Cassandra King now looks younger and more attractive!

DUNGEONS
    * Nightmare minibosses will again drop epic items. The chance for an epic Glyph kit is unchanged.
    * All items dropped by minibosses are now Bind on Pickup.
    * The Slaughterhouse - Fixed an issue with hate on the Aleksei-Chetyre adds.
    * The Darkness War - Fixed an issue where The Bloodhound could replicate himself.

MISSIONS
    * London Underground (Templar version): Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause the mission to suddenly pause itself.
    * Virgula Divina - Instance: Amity House - The doll's puzzle feedback on the chalkboard now shows the hangman correctly.
    * Into Darkness (Templar) - Instance: Co-op Parking Garage - "Investigate the lower levels" now triggers with better timing.

The Scorched Desert
    * A Shadow Over Egypt - Lowered the health of the summoned mini golems.

City of the Sun God
    * The Dark Places :The filth attacks from the Soul Corruptor should no longer persist after leaving the Ravine of the Champion.
    * Warrior Spirit of Hemitneter during "Blood and Fire" should now have more hitpoints and dps.
    * The mission "Heavy Metals" should now correctly get sorted under "City of the Sun God" for completed missions in the Mission Journal.
    * Black Sun, Red Sand : Killing the Black Pharaoh after death now allows players to complete the mission.

GENERAL
    * The Secret World has a new desktop icon!
    * Fixed a bug that caused custom chat tabs to lose subscription to some chat channels on zoning.
    * Fixed an issue where certain items could not be bought at faction vendors when levelling up several faction ranks at once.
    * Fixed an issue where some anima wells in dungeons were not being discovered properly.
    * Lore : And Did Those Feet in Ancient Time no longer unlocks when completing only Chariots of Fire.
    * Cutoff harness clothing will no longer cause invisible arms if worn with a sports bra.
    * Deck outfit Warrior is no longer causing characters to look bald.
    * Villagers around Transylvania will reply more responsively to clicks for random chat phrases.
    * Male Dawn Leathers clothing item will now appear in the players dressing room when it is supposed to.
    * Fixed several bugs that sometimes caused user preferences/settings to not transfer between different computers.
    * Fixed an issue where auto run was being interrupted randomly.
    * Fixed an issue where your screen would become dark after resurrecting in The Blue Mountain.

COMBAT
    * Volatile Current should no longer randomly stop working.

DUNGEONS
    * If you log out inside a dungeon, your character will now still be inside that dungeon instance when you log back in.
    * Polaris : (Nightmare) Ur-Things now disappear before the Veil phase is lifted.
    * The Slaughterhouse : Improved various effects throughout the dungeon, based on player feedback.
    * The Ankh : Melothat's debuffs will end when he dies.
    * Hell Raised Nightmare: Machine Tyrant - the Anima Vortex for removing the Machine Tyrant's Anima Overcharge should no longer permanently disappear when waiting to begin the encounter.
    * Checkpoints in Hell Raised and Hell Eternal should now function correctly for players joining these dungeons while they are in progress.
    * The Darkness War : The Mayan Battle Mage's loot will now always spawn on the ground.

GUI
    * Resolved several issues with resizing data table columns in guis.
    * Gear manager builds are now updatable without having to first delete the previous build.
    * Tradepost GUI will no longer reset to its default location when it is closed and re-opened.

MISSIONS
    London
    * Fixed the timing of the audio on Zamira's cinematic.

Seoul
    * Added an extra check towards the mission goals to support instances where the player finds themselves back in the Dojang instead of in Seoul.

The Blue Mountain
    * The Benevolent Conspiracies: Pausing the mission during Tier 2 should no longer prevent the players from completing the mission. Furthermore, the items used during the mission can still be picked up during the Tier they are used in by grabbing them from the correct soldier corpse.
    * The Benevolent Conspiracies: Pausing the mission will no longer remove the Checkmate beacon from the player's inventory. For those who already lost their Checkmate beacon, on Tier 5 you can pick it up again from the dead soldier's bag.
    * The Blue Harvester will now drop his loot.
    * The Haunting: Fixed an issue where you could fail a task during The Haunting and have no fallback task.
    * Off the Menu: Fixed an issue that would sometimes leave Bloodfang (tier 3) stuck in his lair.
    * Further changes have been made through the various camps of Blue Mountain. Mob density, tricky pulls, and safe zones were the focus of these changes. The zones addressed were:
    -Southern Beach
    -Skull Island Draugs
    -Mansion's Surroundings
    -Blue Ridge Mine Entrance
    -Haunted Forest
    -Abandoned Building (asylum)
    -Northern Ak'Ab camp
    -Western Beach
    -Orochi Camp Zombies
    -Pumpkin Patches

City of the Sun God
    * Black Sun, Red Sand : Corrected an issue with Akhenaten's Death Awaits ability.
    * Blood and Fire – Fixed an issue with the Hemitneter's Clasp that would prevent players from restarting the mission during tier 1.
    * The Dark Places – The filth attacks from the Soul Corruptor should no longer persist after leaving the Ravine of the Champion.

Kingsmouth
    * The Hunger : Fixed an issue where the Voracious Wendigo could become stuck at 50% health and immune, but keep attacking.

The Savage Coast
    * Carnival of Souls : Winter's Monocle can now be deleted by players.
    * Theme Park Tycoon : The sound of the Octotron no longer persists after completing tier 2.
    * Theme Park Tycoon : The clown now despawns and respawns as intended.
    * Gravity : Winter's Plans can no longer be deleted from your inventory.
    * The Black House : Did some fixes to ensure that Carrie Killian's ashes should now respawn correctly.

The Shadowy Forest
    * The Architect has had some tweaking done to his encounter, to make it slightly less difficult.
    * Tenebrae should no longer be using placeholder abilities.

The Scorched Desert
    * High Cost of Dying : Corrupted Water Guardian is now easier to kill.
    * Nathifa is now less difficult to kill.
    * Caahs the Soul Spawn now has a spawn animation.
    * The Big Terrible Picture : Both the flames and crystals puzzles should now reset correctly.
    * Between a Rock and a Hard Place : Fixed an issue which made the mission not completeable in tier 2.

TRADEPOST/BANK/MAIL
    * The Cabal Bank tab is now only displayed after closing and re-opening the GUI if the cabal is created when the tradepost GUI is opened.
    * Fixed error on dragging items between different pages in the bank.
    * Players will now receive an onscreen message when the Send button does not work.
    * Click and drag has been disabled on items that are for sale.
    * Right-click popups in the tradepost gui are now contained within the right side or bottom of your screen.
    * You can no longer walk away from the bankers while the delete confirmation popup is onscreen.
    * The right click menu on bank now has a subtle background.
    * The mail notification icon now quickly blinks 5 times when new mail is received.
    * Pressing ESC now closes the delete mail dialog.
    * When deleting an item from the Cabal bank, the dialog message now references the cabal bank instead of the inventory.
    * Pressing ESC closes the Sell Item window.
    * Player can now press ENTER to confirm the delete mail action when the popup is up.
    * The unread mail icon now is cleared when all mail is read.
    * Search results are no longer cleared if the player's search fails.
    * Buyer/seller name is not shown to other players who have bought something from the tradepost, and the reply button on that message is disabled.
    * The Buy button is disabled for your own item.
    * You can no longer move the tradepost ui fully offscreen.
    * Fixed an issue where it was not possible to use up/down arrows after deleting cash in a mail.
    * Compose Mail is now the top window when clicking the compose window button.
    * Clicking on an unread mail will now highlight it.
    * Take all attachments now greys out when taking items.
    * The sort function for attachments and date are now working.
    * Sorting mail now ignores lowercase/uppercase.
    * The Expand Size Limit button now greys out and can no longer be used when the player upgrade his/her bank to the maximum size.
    * The "To:" field on mail now includes an option to send to a friend or cabal member on your friends list.
    * You can now only send 6 attachments on your mail.

[19:45] ♥Moloko Lynx♥: Flight sims would even suit you, Riz. You seem to have the sensibilities of an old man.
    Member since May 8, 2004.

Game Journalist Reputation: 10

It also matters to the roleplayers. Everyone always forgets about us. :P But its true that dimensions aren't really important. You can play with anyone on any dimension. I just watched the live stream. Our very own Ardua got a couple of questions answered.
    Currently Playing
    The Secret World, Guild Wars 2, Guild Wars
    Waiting For
    Elder Scrolls, Everquest Next, The Division, Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
    Previously Played
    Everquest, Anarchy Online, City of Heroes, TERA, Neverwinter, Rift

You can still bounce over to an RP server and join a Cabal or RP if you want!

Oh yeah, that's another thing. Cabals(Guilds) are cross-server.

[19:45] ♥Moloko Lynx♥: Flight sims would even suit you, Riz. You seem to have the sensibilities of an old man.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

im currently playing tsw and its great fun, sure it lacks polish.. but what new mmo dousnt? if u wanna see a tiny bit of the game check my youtube vids http://www.youtube.com/user/revengemadmax/videos

im very new to this and im gonna be doing all sorts of mmo's free and p2p

p.s. if you subscribe first you get my buddy key *wink wink

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

guys how long will pass until tsw goes free to play what are u think?

Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 20

Quote Originally Posted by mehighlow View Post
    guys how long will pass until tsw goes free to play what are u think?
    I think your comment is ignorant.... Anyone who reads this comment will most likely assume you dislike the game...

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by GenoX View Post
    I think your comment is ignorant.... Anyone who reads this comment will most likely assume you dislike the game...
    No i like the game very much but i dont have enough money to pay for it and even if do i dont know how to do that...I am waiting to go free to play so i can play it

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 25

Depends on how succesful the game will be, right now it seems a bit of a niche game tho, and I think it suffers from A: Buggyness, and B: underexposure. So I'd give it 7months-1yr before it might go F2P. Emphasis on Might.

~Current Computer~
    Chipset : Intel Ivy Bridge Z77
    Processor : Intel Core i5 3570k @ 3.40 GHz
    Memory : 8192 (2 x 4096 DDR3-SDRAM ) Kingston HyperX
    Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660TI (GeForce GTX 480 dedicated to PhysX)

Quote Originally Posted by Symce View Post
    Depends on how succesful the game will be, right now it seems a bit of a niche game tho, and I think it suffers from A: Buggyness, and B: underexposure. So I'd give it 7months-1yr before it might go F2P. Emphasis on Might.
    Yea should be emphasis on the Might since 7 months-1 year is a long time. Bugs will surely be fixed by that time so all that is left is underexposure. Then again it seems like they are advertising the game now. I was on youtube and I saw a commercial for TSW. So underexposure might be fix around that time as well. Though I don't know about the new content. Not sure if it's been tested or not if it's not been thoroughly tested. Then bugs would be become a issue.

春光乍泄 Reputation: 193

It's not worth a subscription in my opinion. You can say it's all about the story and investigation, and yeah I would half-agree with you, because there's so much crappy filler-MMO-rubbish in between it that it really doesn't justify $15 a month to me. I'd rather just read a book, watch a movie or play an adventure game.

If you rescue me, I'll be your friend forever. -- Loric
    Last.fm
    Hey Raiyne

Forum PvPer Reputation: 383

my main issue was the combat and the ui.
    i liked the story.

Anyone is aware of some good Templar guild? Having hard time deciding which server to pick...

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 19

I've been looking at vids for this game for awhile, and looking at a lot of reviews but I'm still unsure if I should buy it or not (Just like GW2) Wonder when they'll make a free trial.. Hopefully not 6 months too late (Like SW:TOR)
    Currently Waiting Again:
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    Niwa Akita - Behemoth
    Noctis Akita - Odin

I posted a video in the front page. It's a video I made.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 19

Quote Originally Posted by GenoX View Post
    I posted a video in the front page. It's a video I made.
    Yeah..Just watched your video, didn't really make me have that urge to "I must buy this game now" You kinda just ran in circles wiggled your mouse a bunch, shot a door and that was it.

I'm looking more for the action packed part of it, the dungeons, the very beginning (I think unless that was just the trailer) Where your going through a subway and theres black ooze and creepy stuff going on and things are just hectic.

I love my horror games, but I have yet to give me the thrill that I'm looking for that surpasses FEAR, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, Amnesia.

I'll wait for a free trial unless one of my mates buys the game and can throw me a buddy pass.
    Currently Waiting Again:
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    Niwa Akita - Behemoth
    Noctis Akita - Odin

That was more of a side mission. If you want to see the dungeon I can make a video of (which will take time) or you can watch this 30 minuted rushed version of the normal version of the dungeon (right now it's normal, elite, nightmare). There's actually various types of missions some are hack and slash, some require research and thinking and some is more of an exploration type like the one video I made.
    Last edited by GenoX; 07-16-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Did I get the buddy key please? (already subscribed)

Quote Originally Posted by revengemadmax View Post
    im currently playing tsw and its great fun, sure it lacks polish.. but what new mmo dousnt? if u wanna see a tiny bit of the game check my youtube vids http://www.youtube.com/user/revengemadmax/videos

im very new to this and im gonna be doing all sorts of mmo's free and p2p

p.s. if you subscribe first you get my buddy key *wink wink

Someone is crying nerf what do you guys think of this patch?
    Update Notes 1.0.2

MISSIONS
    •Sharing Side missions should now work even when the character receiving the new mission already has one or two Side missions.
    •New achievements are available for 500, 1000 and 5000 completed missions.

London
    •London Underground (Templar): Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the mission to suddenly pause itself.
    •Fixed the timing of the audio on Zamira's cinematic.
    •Into Darkness (Templar) - Co-op Parking Garage: "Investigate the lower levels" now triggers with better timing.

Seoul
    •Added an extra check towards the mission goals to support instances where the player finds themselves back in the Dojang instead of in Seoul.

The Blue Mountain
    •The Benevolent Conspiracies ◦Pausing the mission during Tier 2 should no longer prevent the players from completing the mission. Furthermore, the items used during the mission can still be picked up during the Tier they are used in by grabbing them from the correct soldier corpse.
    ◦Pausing the mission will no longer remove the Checkmate beacon from the player's inventory. For those who already lost their Checkmate beacon, on Tier 5 you can pick it up again from the dead soldier's bag.

•The Blue Harvester will now drop his loot.
    •Reduced the spawn rate of Familiars during the final tier of 'The Breakfast Cult.'
    •Off the Menu: Fixed an issue that would sometimes leave Bloodfang (Tier 3) stuck in his lair.
    •Further changes have been made through the various camps of Blue Mountain to make sure the mob density is reasonable, that you can run through the camp while avoiding some of the combat and that when you fight mobs it's harder to accidentally pull adds that should not be pulled. The zones addressed were: ◦Southern Beach
    ◦Skull Island Draugs
    ◦Mansion's Surroundings
    ◦Blue Ridge Mine Entrance
    ◦Haunted Forest
    ◦Abandoned Building (asylum)
    ◦Northern Ak'Ab camp
    ◦Western Beach
    ◦Orochi Camp Zombies
    ◦Pumpkin Patches

The Scorched Desert
    •A Shadow Over Egypt: The health of the summoned mini golems has been lowered.

City of the Sun God
    •Warrior Spirit of Hemitneter during "Blood and Fire" should now have more hitpoints and dps.
    •The mission "Heavy Metals" should now correctly get sorted under "City of the Sun God" for completed missions in the Mission Journal.
    •Black Sun, Red Sand ◦Killing the Black Pharaoh and dying at the exact same time now allows players to complete the mission.
    ◦Corrected an issue with Akhenaten's Death Awaits ability.

•Blood and Fire: Fixed an issue with the Hemitneter's Clasp that would prevent players from restarting the mission during tier 1.
    •The Dark Places: The filth attacks from the Soul Corruptor should no longer persist after leaving the Ravine of the Champion.

Kingsmouth
    •The Hunger : Fixed an issue (this time for good) where the Voracious Wendigo could become stuck at 50% health and immune, but kept attacking.
    •Corpse Clingers now summon a zombie when casting 'Scent of Blood'.

The Savage Coast
    •The Black House: Carrie Killian's ashes should now respawn correctly.
    •Carnival of Souls: the item „Winter's Monocle“ received at the end of the mission can now be removed from the inventory.
    •Theme Park Tycoon ◦The sound of the Octotron no longer persists after completing tier 2.
    ◦Dying during the Angry Clown encounter should no longer make the clown immortal.
    ◦Winter's Plans can no longer be deleted from inventory.

The Shadowy Forest
    •The Architect encounter has been tweaked a bit to make it slightly less difficult.
    •Tenebrae should no longer be using placeholder abilities.
    •The Cellar Door: this is again a solo instance, as intended.

The Scorched Desert
    •High Cost of Dying: Corrupted Water Guardian is now easier to kill.
    •Nathifa is now less difficult to kill.
    •Caahs the Soul Spawn now has a spawn animation.
    •The Big Terrible Picture ◦Both the flames and crystals puzzles should now reset correctly.
    ◦The crystals for Tier 3 can now be interacted with correctly.

•Between a Rock and a Hard Place: Tier 2 can now be completed correctly.

DUNGEONS
    •Nightmare minibosses will again drop epic items. The chance for an epic Glyph kit is unchanged.
    •All items dropped by minibosses are now Bind on Pickup.
    •If you log out inside a dungeon, your character will now still be inside that dungeon instance when you log back in.
    •Polaris (Nightmare): ◦Ur-Things now disappear before the Ur-Draug's Veil phase is lifted.

•The Slaughterhouse ◦Based on player feedback, various effects throughout the dungeon have been improved.
    ◦Fixed an issue with hate on the Aleksei-Chetyre adds.

•The Ankh ◦Melothat's debuffs will end when he dies.

•Checkpoints in Hell Raised and Hell Eternal should now function correctly for players joining these dungeons while they are in progress.
    •Hell Raised - Recursia ◦Triggerthings have had their hitpoints reduced by 20%. Elite and Nightmare Triggerthings are unchanged.
    ◦Phase 3 will now trigger at lower health. Elite and Nightmare modes are unchanged, and will continue to trigger at the previous (higher) values.
    ◦It is no longer possible to avoid the Triggerthing spell Biomeltdown by pressing close to the fight entrance.
    ◦Recursia should now successfully cast Anima Eruption at any target in the fight, regardless of range.

•Hell Raised - Machine Tyrant ◦The Machine Tyrant should now hit his targets more consistently.
    ◦The Anima Vortex for removing the Machine Tyrant's Anima Overcharge should no longer permanently disappear when waiting to begin the encounter.

•The Darkness War ◦The Mayan Battle Mage's loot will now always spawn on the ground.
    ◦Fixed an issue where The Bloodhound could replicate himself.

I think that all sounds fantastic. Especially the bit about Blue Mountain spawns. It seems everyone hates the zone because of spawns and the slightly annoying geography. I'm not seeing a nerf in there anywhere, just sensible changes.
    Currently Playing
    Waiting For
    Previously Played

Quote Originally Posted by MeticulousMeta View Post
    I'm not seeing a nerf in there anywhere, just sensible changes.
    Clearly you don't understand. There is no "good design" or "bad design," there is only hardcore or casual. Clearly they love their casual players more, as things like fixing wonky positioning is just catering to the casuals. CASUALS ARE THE DEATH OF ONLINE GAMES. RAAAHHHHHHHH!

I can't even pretend to be upset about these changes.
    Last edited by Riz; 07-17-2012 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Grammar, etc.

Super Moderator Reputation: 208

Is it just me, or does Funcom not know how to properly manage their websites? It kinda makes me think they don't want people buying their games when the page takes 5 minutes to load, and by the time it does load your request was timed out.

I'm not sure what you were trying to do Arri but I've never had any trouble with their website.
    Currently Playing
    Waiting For
    Previously Played

Super Moderator Reputation: 208

Quote Originally Posted by MeticulousMeta View Post
    I'm not sure what you were trying to do Arri but I've never had any trouble with their website.
    Trying to buy the game after logging in. The pages take an ungodly amount of time to load in IE, Firefox and chrome. You put in all your payment information and click submit, but because the pages load so slow they send you back to where you started.

Actually, let me rephrase that: It takes an ungodly amount of time to load UNLESS you decide "screw this" and try to leave. Then the page loads instantly, but by then it's too late because you left to do something else.
    Last edited by Arri; 07-20-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arri View Post
    Trying to buy the game after logging in. The pages take an ungodly amount of time to load in IE, Firefox and chrome. You put in all your payment information and click submit, but because the pages load so slow they send you back to where you started.

Actually, let me rephrase that: It takes an ungodly amount of time to load UNLESS you decide "screw this" and try to leave. Then the page loads instantly, but by then it's too late because you left to do something else.
    Welcome to Funcom. The game bloody fantastic though.