So, I have tried this roleplay a few times, but I figured why not give a go again. This time, I plan to use a different character with a different spin. Just to liven things up a bit. Hope you enjoy.
You're running. Your heart is pounding and your pulse is racing. You turn down an alleyway. Your not sure which way to run. All you know is you have to get away, fast. Because they are coming.
Your palms feel cold and clammy. The sheen of sweat coats your forehead, the perspiration rolling down your cheek. You don't know who they are. You don't know what they want. You don't even know if your thoughts are your own. What is real and what isn't? All you know is you have to run.
You continue down the alleyway, but they are already there. Their suits look out of place in the grimy street and their dark shades and matching sneers are menacing. You cry out, begging for them to stop. To leave you alone. They don't listen. You call for help, trying to run the opposite way. But no one can hear you. No one can see you. No one can help you now.
When you wake up, there is a blinding light. You are dressed in hospital robes and there are tubes everywhere. The doctors have on masks and are injecting you with something. You have no idea what. All you can feel is the burning. It starts in your arm and moves through your veins, incinerating your insides until you can feel the flames licking every inch of your skin.
You beg for the pain to go away. It only gets worse.
You wake up to find yourself in a room. You are given a bed. A uniform. An id number. A new life.
They say welcome to the Division. They mean welcome to Hell.
-Obviously no godmodding, taking control, etc…
-Please don’t use the same character you have on every other RPG, it makes things boring and confusing
-BE CREATIVE, this is supposed to be fun so go crazy with it!
-Nobody is perfect so make flaws! The more the better!
-If you want to drop out please tell me first, I want a smoothly running rpg where it will last more then two pages
-Be literate; please no little one or two line posts, at least a paragraph or two, preferably more!
-Please color code either your text or your speech so we can easily differentiate between thoughts and speech
Ex. Jill ran down the street yelling "I love apples." While thinking 'I hate apples.'
This is a roleplay about a group of teens who have special powers. Psychic abilities if you will. They are running from a secret government organization that is trying to build a super army of these specials and destroy all the psychics that stand in their way. This evil power is known as " The Division". It is based out of China, in the major city of Beijing.
The different types of abilities are ...
* Movers can manipulate inanimate objects at varying distances. The actual technique is known as kinetic signature control, where the mover is trained to "hear" and identify the specific atomic frequency of any given material, and alter the gravity wave around it, usually producing the nearby air to appear "warped". Advanced movers can work at the molecular level creating protective shields in the air around them. This is basically telekinesis.
* Pushers can "push" specific thoughts, memories, and even emotions into their targets. This technique can be used to gain a subject's trust, or to have them perform any action, thinking it was their own agenda.
* Watchers are trained to self-induce visions of the future, very much like a prolonged sense of déjà vu. The technique of following the future, either of a person or object, is called subject tracking. A Watcher's skill is primarily rated by how far they can see into the future.
* Bleeders have the ability to emit high-pitched sonic vibrations that cause ruptures in a target's blood vessels. This can knock you someone unconscious or even destroy someone.
* Sniffs are highly developed clairvoyants who can track the location of either people or objects over varying distances. Like psychic bloodhounds, their tracking ability is increased if they have tactile access to an object that has been in direct contact with the subject. Sniffs receive information based on images, not specific addresses, which is why identifiable landmarks help increase their effectiveness.
* Shifters can temporarily shift patterns of light on any object to create illusions to the naked eye. They work mostly on a touch basis, but once the illusion is established, it remains with the object for short periods of time. For example, a Shifter could momentarily touch a one dollar bill, altering its light pattern to appear as a one hundred dollar bill for hours, until the effect expires. The length of the shift is based on experience and ability.
* Wipers are skilled at either temporary or permanent memory erasure, an invaluable asset in espionage. Experience will dictate the accuracy of their wipes, though the danger is always present that they will eliminate a desired memory.
* Shadows are trained to block the vision of other clairvoyants such as Sniffs, making any subject within their target radius appear "dark". Experience will enhance the size of the area they can shadow and the intensity of their shielding effect. Shadows need to be awake to perform their ability, and it is common for a detail of two Shadows to operate in shifts while protecting a person or object for extended periods.
* Stitchers are psychic surgeons trained to quickly reconstruct cells to their previous or healthy state. Using only their hands, they can heal and even "unheal" whatever they have done. For more detailed work, Stitches use a silver based cream on their hands which acts as a conductor to their ability.
* Blockers are unaffected by other psychics, although not entirely. Most can only block when concentrating. At high levels, they are trained to disarm others powers that are around them and shield others. If trained well, this shield can expand for miles.
*Jumpers are most like nightcrawler or spectre from x-men is the best description. They can move through walls, buildings, or just around in a set area. They must see or know where they are going but they can "warp" or "teleport" to that place. Most can move within a block radius but at higher levels they may move up to a few miles.
*Leeches have the ability to draw and absorb the energy around you and convert the energy into any bladed weapon. This blade is visible to all and can deflect projectiles depending on the strength of the blade. With the more energy absorbed, the blade becomes stronger. One with this ability can activate it while in an environment without energy around them by using their own energy. This can tire an individual, but is very useful in combat.
*Ghosts feed off of others energy. They can sap your energy, destroy it, or even steal it if they are weak. They can drain you emotions and enjoy causing pain to others. At high levels they can even feed off of your soul and eat away at your morals.
*Paradoxes have the ability to induce the opposite of nearly any effect. One with this ability could jump off a building and instead of breaking something (or dying) they would be fortified against breaking limbs, or any already-broken bones that the user lands on would be healed. One with this ability could hold fire to a burn wound and the wound would be healed instead of worse damaged, and the like. One with this ability could even cause injuries to feel good or normally-pleasurable things to be extremely painful, and the like. This ability may be accompanied by Power Reversal or the ability to reverse some other process/effect. This is the hardest to control. One false move to try and heal yourself and you could end up dieing. This is the hardest to train.
Now for the fun part, Character Descriptions!
Note:::: only one of each type so it's first come first serve
* Stitchers- Patient Zero, Anastasia Pérez-Dubrovskaya (myself)
Patient Number: (101-500)
Specialty, Power, and Class: Classes rank from 1 to 5, 5 being novice and 1 being ultimate. Note::: There are no level ones for characters being accepted, only characters you will later face in the roleplay. You may raise to the rank of class one through progress.
Ex. Class 3 Blocker with a speciality in shielding those around them from psychic attacks.
Appearance: Please elaborate. Add any photos to the end. No pictures are required, but if so please make them "real-life"
Bio/History: How they ended up at the Division or how they evaded the Division or why the Division is now looking after them? Why are they working for the Division or why are they running from the Division?
(I know I am going against my own rule of not using another character from another roleplay, but to be fair that roleplay never began so I don't really see myself as breaking the rule quite yet.)
Name: Anastasia Pérez-Dubrovskaya
Nickname: She rarely goes by a nickname, preferring her own name to any nickname anyone has ever attempted to give her. But some refer to her as Ana.
Patient Number: Patient Zero.
Specialty, Power, and Class: Class 3 Stich with a Specialty in Cellular Apoptosis (causing cells to commit suicide)
Age: Unknown. Her best guess is 19.
Appearance: Her statue is tall and statuesque. She is about 5ft 10inches and 150lbs. She is slim built, tall, and almost willowy in nature. Her body consists of mostly muscle, but they do not bulge. They are long, sinewy muscles that give her figure an elegant sort of edge to it. Her skin is bronze toned and nearly blemish free- unless you count the scars that cover most of her torso and extremities. Her hips are average size, her waist a little slimmer, and her bust nothing above average at all. Her face is mostly symmetrical with high cheekbones and low eyebrows which she keeps trimmed neatly. Her eyes are a watercolor palette of greys, greens, and blues, giving her strong features an even more piercing look. Her gaze is matched by her even, full lips which are most often seen pulled down in a scowl or pressed together as her face remains stoic as a rock. Her piercing, hard features and her statuesque build, and her deep toned skin make her resemble a serious, bronze statue. Her hair is a wild mess of ebony tendrils that linger midway down her back, brushing against the underside of her shoulder blades. She often has her hair pulled back into a messy bun, rarely caring to think of her appearance. Her posture is erect and firm, almost rigid, yet she is still able to move with stunning, almost menacing grace.
Personality: Anastasia grew up with a void inside of her. Having lost her parents at such a young age, she became detached and emotionless. Although she can experience empathy and caring, these feelings are very rare and even then she won't outright express them. She is cold and bluntly honest. She can be skilled at lying when the time presents itself and because of her stoic nature, she is very hard to read, but she feels it unnecessary to spare anyone's feelings by telling petty white lies. She is very intelligent and has a very good memory. Don't cross her. She can definitely hold a grudge, and won't blink when using your mere paper cut to reduce your hand into a bloody, mangled mess.
Bio/History: Anastasia lost her family when she was very young. Her last memories are of her mother, a beautiful, bronzen woman who she believes to be from hispanic decent, and her father, a tall, broad shouldered man with fair skin and eyes who spoke only in Russian.
Their faces seemed panicked now that she thinks about it, as they hurried down a back hallway. She doesn't recall where she was as her small, toddler body was carried through the darkness. She clung tightly to her father's shirt, her mother's warm hand caressing hers. A small smile was upon her lips as she kissed the child before turning back to face their pursuers. Anastasia's father turned a corner as her mother faced their attackers, the last glimpse of her hurling a beautiful, bright light of energy from her palms.
Her father finally stopped running, placing the child on the ground a kicking open the air duct. He told her in a hushed, hurried voice to crawl. Crawl through the vents and not stop. Not for anyone. And once she got out, to just run as far as she could. Nodding her dark curled head, she followed his orders. Her last image was of her father. He smiled, his eyes crinkling at the corners a bit. They seemed to be a little wet as he kissed her on the forehead before closing the vent without even touching the metal.
Anastasia did as she as ordered, crawling and crawling. Even when she heard her mother cry out. Even when she heard her father's voice yelling at their attackers. Even when they both fell silent. She crawled until the duct opened up, and she stumbled out into the alleyway. There she ran, her small legs taking her through the crowds of people. After what felt like forever, she finally collapsed on a bench in a park she had never seen before. Her small frame shook with tears and heart-wrenching sobs until she passed out from the exertion.
There is no rest for the wicked, however. Soon Anastasia found herself in the custody of two field agents, the Division having "sniffed" the girl out thanks to a forgotten teddy bear left in their abandoned hotel room.
Other: Anastasia became one of the first test subjects in a project known as "Project Omega" and classified as was one of the first to be "helped" by The Division; if you can call constant tormenting, injections, training, beating, and near death "help". As she grew and finally became mentally powerful enough to overcome their constant brainwashing, she came to realize that her sole purpose for being captured by the Division was to be tested on to harness powers for their cause. Breaking the barrier into free thought came with its consequences, and now she experiences major headaches and random blackouts.
Growing up, Anastasia was always quiet, almost emotionless. When she does communicate with others, she can come off as cold and condescending. She has trouble making friends or trusting others. She doesn't have many connections with others and, although a few have tried, she hasn't been in a relationship.
She has a knack for remembering things, even the most minute details. She is not physically that strong, but years of training have allowed for her to be fast, agile, cunning, and ruthless.
She works very well with her hands.
I hope you enjoy. xoxo Aoi