Thread: Are these games worth it, and what games should I try?

Banned Reputation: 6

Default Are these games worth it, and what games should I try?

Well, I have given up on Ms. right now (as far as talking about MMORPGs), and looking into the future for Ms. future and Ms. right.

There's 4 games I've found that looked cool and I'm wanting to try since I got access to them.

First, is Ys Online. It looked cool, but here's what I've heard of it, basically: Few character customization options, classes are race locked (it's that "humans can't be archers because they're not one with nature" crap all over again), all point and click, and those are just some of the bad things I've heard of it.

Another is Alganon, but I also haven't played it yet. I've read alooooot of criticism about it being a serious WoW clone. It's like everyone is saying it. It's making me doubt it.

So far, the only 2 games that I haven't heard any bad things about and are pretty dang good so far, are Neverdaunt: 8bit, and Bright Shadow.

Are those first two games I said that bad? And what good up coming MMORPGs do you think I would be interested in?

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Well, Ys Online has limited customization but actually most of the games do have customization just like it. It has 3 races and each race has 2 unique starting classes that eventually branch up to more classes. Actually each race has a warrior and mage class at the beginning and then they get specialized. Warriors use close ranged and long range weapons and magicians... well, they use magic - both combat spells, buffs and healing spells, so there isn't really that thing you say there is. The battle is pretty much quick and the character progression is interesting. The graphics are mid quality by today's standarts but they seem pretty to me.

Alganon is a completely different matter. Actually I haven't been able to play it yet but God knows I tried. I tried a lot actually. The game is still in something like CB which they say is OB but the actual game looks like an early alpha version to me. I cannot say much about it except that they really tell you that there will be much bugs in the beta and there really are. Damn, I got 10 crashes and also that much disconnects just trying to create my character. It might be a good game but they surely need much more time to complete it so it is best to pass it for now.

I really cannot say anything about Neverdaunt 8bit but from trailers I thing it looks pretty much like Lego Online or something :/

For Bright Shadow I can say that it is pretty much the standart MMORPG. There is really nothing much to stand out and nothing really to make it look bad. I liked it at first - it is a nice game but I found nothing that would make me stick with it.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

i havent play Ys and Ms. i didnt know whether they are worth playing.i play Dungeon Fighter Online.but i still didnt know whether it is worth playing. i have the same thought with you.guys.=)