How addicting is Maple Story?

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Default How addicting is Maple Story?

How addicting is Maple Story? On a scale from 1-10? I would say it is about an 8. I like setting in game challenging goals which kind of keeps me addicted. What do you think, how addicting really is Maple Story?

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

for me probably 2, endless grindfest isn't very fun. But since big bang changed the xp rate by a ton i might come back to it.
    Overpowered classes are stupid :P

Retired Staff Reputation: 34

Fun for the first 120 levels, but that's about it :/
    「僕たちの前にはいまだ巨大すぎる人生が、茫漠とした時間がどうしようもなく横たわっていた。 」
    "We live in a very special time: the only time where we can observationally verify that we live at a very special time."
    -Lawrence Krauss

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

I played it up to level 40 back when it was still hard to level (I played it 6 months to get there!) and although it was just a boring endless grind, I played it for this long, so it might be quite a bit addiction.

Though now that I've played WonderKing, the controls in MapleStory feel so slow and crappy...

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 10

Pre BB: 3. It's a game that is awesome at start, but became slow when you hit 20's and had to do the PQ constantly from 20+

Post BB: 4. With a faster start, you breeze through and the grind doesn't hit until where it should, the latter levels where you actually have decent skills. Fighting for a common grinding spot and listening to a bunch of 12 year olds with their classical teenage "I'm right, you're wrong; I know everything - Therefore I am priority, NOW STOP KSING ME NOOB", or the alternates of "u nob kser u TROLLOLOLO ME HAHA am so original ^^"

Both of those though, movement is not so fun compared to WonderKing and fighting in general.

Banned Reputation: 10

Got addicted to it for 2 days after that I never touched MapleStory.exe again. Thats what happens to me everytime I try a new game.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Sorry but I don't like this game. The quests are boring and annoying. A bit too much for little kids. My friends say that this game is so great! I hardly tried it three times because I trusted them and I tought I only knew the dark side of it. So sorry but No.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

It's one of the MMORPGs that I always go back to. I now play the private servers, but I play GMS (Nexon's Maplestory) every year for awhile.

Personally, I would give it a 8/10. It's a game that looks like it's for kids, but once you play it start it's hard to stop. It's one of those games you just go back to when you dont know what to play.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

I did enjoy the game for a little bit of time but after level 80 I just got so bored, I still play it when I'm really bored but for the most part the addiction to it died for me.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

My opinion is that Maplestory is outdated and either needs improvement, or they need to remake it