Can someone give me some summarization advice?

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Default Can someone give me some summarization advice?

May, 16, 2006
    http://www.onrpg.com/
    www.onrpg.com/boards/
    General
    Game Dev Classifieds
    A-d
    Topic: Can someone give me some summarization advice?

Poke知on Comparative Battle Program.

This really needs refinement.
    Could you give me pointers or advice on how to summarize, rearrange, or word it more effectively?

General: I posted in General to get the most people to look at it in the hopes it will increase my chances of advice.

Newbie: I posted in Newbie because I am one.

Game Dev Classified: I posted here because those who normally come here know how something like this is supposed to look.

I know my math is off, please bear with me.

This can probably be used in any F.P.S. but I thought it up for 撤oke知on Arena after seeing their terrible 哲64 version of it.

Each poke知on has a number of attributes.
    Strength
    Agility
    Speed
    Defense
    Special

Strength, Defense, and Special don稚 have anything to do with the program so we値l ignore them.
    (Famous last words.)

Only Speed and agility have anything to do with the program.

Since Poke知on stats can grow to extremely large numbers trying to make an arena where they act similar to those stats would make them unwieldy.

Therefore a system that compares two poke知ons stats against each other and then sets the poke知ons performance by multiplying or dividing them against a set middle standard and then limiting how far that standard can go in the arena.

For example.

The speed stat of a poke知on regulates how fast they can move and the speed at which they can launch an attack.

Speed: There are two poke知on.
    Poke知on A has a speed stat of 20.
    Poke知on B has a speed stat of 40.

When placed against each other poke知on B has twice the speed of poke知on A and A has half the speed of poke知on B.

So we place them against the middle standard of 1 movement square per second, and poke知on A moves at 0.5 squares per second, and poke知on B moves at 1.5 squares per second.

Example 1: Poke C, speed: 10 Poke D, speed 40: Poke C=0.25 per sq. sec./Poke D=2 per sq. sec.
    Example 2: Poke E, speed: 100 Poke F, speed 10: Poke C=5 per sq. sec./Poke D=0.1 per sq. sec.

But even this system can make the poke知on too fast to be of any use so it has to be limited.
    Probably to 4 times the opponents speed.

The speed stat of a poke知on also regulates how quickly you can launch an attack and the traveling time it takes for an attack to reach its target.

Speed: There are two poke知on.
    Poke知on A has an speed stat of 20.
    Poke知on B has an speed stat of 40.

When placed against each other poke知on A has half the attack launch speed of poke知on B.
    And poke知on B has twice the attack launch speed of poke知on A.

So we place them against the middle standard of 1 second to launch an attack, and poke知on A launches an attack at 0.5 of a second, and poke知on B launches an attack at 1.5 of a second.
    (I僧 using 1 second because its easy to calculate.)

Example 1: Poke C, attack launch speed: 10 Poke D, attack launch speed 40: Poke C=0.25 of a sec./Poke D=2 of a sec.

Example 2: Poke E, attack launch speed: 100 Poke F, attack launch speed 10: Poke C=5 of a sec./Poke D=0.1 of a sec.

There are also different launch speeds for each attack. (Swift, Solar Beam.)
    And the launch speed would be based upon the adapted base.

An attack that would take two turns would take twice as long as the base to launch and an attack that only take one turn but are considered slow would take 1.5 times the base attack launch speed, while attacks that only take one turn but are considered fast would only take 0.5 times the base attack launch speed.
    Attacks that take one turn and are considered normal would follow the altered base attack launch speed.

When placed against each other poke知on B has twice the attack speed of poke知on A and poke知on A has half the attack speed of poke知on B.

So we place them against the middle standard of 10 movement squares per second, and poke知on A痴 attack moves at 5 squares per second, and poke知on B痴 attack moves at 15 squares per second.

Example 1: Poke C, attack speed: 10 Poke D, speed 40: Poke C=5 per sq. sec./Poke D=10 per sq. sec.

Example 2: Poke E, speed: 100 Poke F, speed 10: Poke C=50 per sq. sec./Poke D=1 per sq. sec.

There are also different attack speeds for each attack. (Swift, Rock Throw.)
    And the speed would be based upon the adapted base.
    An attack that is considered slow would be 1.5 times the base attack speed, while attacks that are considered fast would only take 0.5 times the base attack launch speed.
    Attacks that are considered normal would follow the altered base attack speed.

The agility stat of a poke知on regulates how accurate their attacks are and their chance to evade enemy attacks.

In this case we have a targeting reticule that expands and contracts when compared against the opposing poke知on.
    Any attack launched will land somewhere in that targeting reticule.

To allow the poke知on to use the environment for battle advantages the reticule will shrink when you are not aiming it at or near the opposing poke知on.

Agility: There are two poke知on.
    Poke知on A has an agility stat of 20.
    Poke知on B has an agility stat of 40.

When placed against each other poke知on A has half the agility of poke知on B.
    And poke知on B has twice the agility of poke知on A.

So we place them against the middle standard of a 1 inch circle reticule, and poke知on A reticule shrinks to 0.5 of an inch, and poke知on B expands to 1.5 of an inch.
    Decreasing the accuracy of Poke知on A while increasing it for poke知on B.

Example 1: Poke C, agility: 10 Poke D, agility: 40 (Poke C=2 inch reticule/Poke D=0.25 inch reticule)

Example 2: Poke E, agility: 100 Poke F, agility: 10 (Poke C=0.1 inch reticule/Poke D=5 inch reticule)

But even this system can take away any chance of winning for the opposing poke知on so it has to be limited.
    Probably 4 inches to 0.25 inches. (4 to 1.)

Strength: Physical attacks size and effect
    As the poke知ons strength increases their physical attacks area of effect around the area they hit expands
    The size of their ranged attacks increase in the same way. (Rock Throw)
    These explosions of broken stone, earth, and whatever element type the attack was will be expanded to a limit of 4 times the base explosion.
    Except in the case of finishing moves.

These expansions will be based upon their own strength, not a comparison of theirs and their opponents strength.

Every 20 strength their attacks area of effect will be expanded by 1. (20 may not be an adequate.)
    Finishing moves will show the full power of their attacks.

Example 1: Strength: 16 area of effect x1.
    Example 1: Strength: 34 area of effect x2.
    Example 1: Strength: 73 area of effect x3.
    Example 1: Strength: 97 area of effect x4.
    Example 1: Strength: 185 area of effect x4.

In the case of finishing moves the area of effect expands to the attacks full power.
    Example 1: Strength: 329 area of effect x16.
    (Then again maybe 20 is so much it won稚 allow for impressive finishing moves.)

Special: Special attacks size and effect
    As the poke知ons special increases their element type attacks area of effect around the area they hit expands.
    The size of their ranged attacks increase in the same way. (Lightning Bolt, Ice Beam)
    These explosions of broken stone, earth, and whatever element type the attack was will be expanded to a limit of 4 times the base explosion.
    Except in the case of finishing moves.

These expansions will be based upon their own special, not a comparison of theirs and their opponents special.

Every 20 special their attacks area of effect will be expanded by 1. (20 may not be an adequate.)
    Finishing moves will show the full power of their attacks.

Example 1: Special: 16 area of effect x1.
    Example 1: Special: 34 area of effect x2.
    Example 1: Special: 73 area of effect x3.
    Example 1: Special: 97 area of effect x4.
    Example 1: Special: 185 area of effect x4.

In the case of finishing moves the area of effect expands to the attacks full power.
    Example 1: Strength: 329 area of effect x16.
    (Then again maybe 20 is so much it won稚 allow for impressive finishing moves.)

Finishing moves are the attack that knocks the opponents poke知on out.

Ranged attacks will have a distance limit that will increase as its type (Strength/Special) increases.
    Range:
    Strength: 1 movement square per point in strength.
    Special: 1 movement square per point in special.

Example: Strength/Special: 23=Range: 23 movement squares.

Knock Back:
    Knock back is how far a poke知on is knocked away after being hit by a successful attack.

It is based on the attacking poke知ons power, the attacked poke知ons defensive power, and any ability the attack has.

Poke知on A痴 attack power (Strength/Special) subtracted from poke知on B痴 defensive power (Defense) with the answer divided by 5 for the number of movement squares thrown back.

Example: Poke知on A Strength/Special: 45, Poke知on B Defense 35, Subtract = 10, Knock Back Range: 2 movement squares.

Stadium Viewing:
    Stadium viewing is when you want to see the battle like the audience did.
    It replays the most recent battle in 迭eal Time.
    This is what the battle would look like if you saw your poke知on at its real power instead of the ratio slowdown used to allow players to effectively control their poke知on.

The poke知on will move very fast.

Attacks might have extra visual effects that aren稚 in the arena portion because they would have made it more difficult to fight.

Topic: Can someone give me some summarization advice?
    36 P.M.
    A-d Journal File
    Page: 53,54,55,56,57,58
    If anything is possible,

Then everything is impossible,
    Therefore, everything is possible.

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 21

Sweet jesus... what has this got to do with anything?

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 45

Thats fairly informative.
    but I'm baffled. :confused:
    I can't really comment too much.
    but maybe a moderator, might be kind enough to find a place for this! :cool:

Onrpg Film Producer Reputation: 28

Yawns. . .

Maybe asking what you want before you post a bunch of shi* would get you a better response?

Quote Originally Posted by kfckaykay
    I was wondering why all my dreams must involve chickens, And they ALWAYS happens, and when i see it, Im like "YEAH! THIS ISNT A SCARY DREAM!", Because almost all the time i see chickens, the dream will litterally become super sup cool 1337 uber pwnage!

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 21

Perhaps... or perhaps (s)he could get a gun and put it to their face...

Onrpg Film Producer Reputation: 28

:O, well thats not very nice now is it?

Quote Originally Posted by kfckaykay
    I was wondering why all my dreams must involve chickens, And they ALWAYS happens, and when i see it, Im like "YEAH! THIS ISNT A SCARY DREAM!", Because almost all the time i see chickens, the dream will litterally become super sup cool 1337 uber pwnage!