I bring forth sad news about Vindictus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 10

Well this is another game that Nexon's disappointed everyone outside of US/CAN with.

First it was Dungeon Fighter, now it's Vindictus. Why don't they just make their whole company US/CAN only then, sheesh. They're getting that way.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Karuvatto View Post
    Well this is another game that Nexon's disappointed everyone outside of US/CAN with.

First it was Dungeon Fighter, now it's Vindictus. Why don't they just make their whole company US/CAN only then, sheesh. They're getting that way.
    Meh, that's just how the world works, I guess. I know a lot of the titles I am extremely psyched for aren't playable in NA, and probably never will be. It's not nice to see Vindictus only get serviced in NA and Canada, but at least we finally got a decent title that isn't click-target and skill-spamming.

It does suck, tho. I've always felt every game should be playable everywhere. 50% of the people I game went aren't US residents anyways. This is just a classic way of splitting player communities up even further; not sure why they'd want to do that, but they do.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 10

Havent planned to play it so i dont care...its bad for ppl who really liked the game

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by killasickness View Post
    You might want to change your signature Matis :P
    Soon it will be avaible in EU, about 2012 !
    so I can play it too, or i'll make an exchange for vindictus xD

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

I think Nexon eu will publish Vindictus in Europe. I've linked it before but her is the link again Vindictus Europe. So we have to wait...

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Tropic View Post
    It does suck, tho. I've always felt every game should be playable everywhere.
    There's one problem with an idea like this: Servers. You can't just locate servers in one area of the world (Say, US) and have people from every other country jumping on those servers. This would create several problems (Latency and over-crowding being the main ones). Also, the US company Nexon cannot just pop down servers in Europe or anywhere else so that it can launch the same time as the US version. This is due to many, many legal issues. First the US company would not be able to do so easily (Which is why EU Nexon is there), next would be the different methods a game has to go through before release there. Being a different country, I am sure they have a different method of rating, testing, ensuring security, etc that causes a larger delay in release.

TL : DR; By localizing, it's better for everybody.

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Keinichn View Post
    There's one problem with an idea like this: Servers. You can't just locate servers in one area of the world (Say, US) and have people from every other country jumping on those servers. This would create several problems (Latency and over-crowding being the main ones). Also, the US company Nexon cannot just pop down servers in Europe or anywhere else so that it can launch the same time as the US version. This is due to many, many legal issues. First the US company would not be able to do so easily (Which is why EU Nexon is there), next would be the different methods a game has to go through before release there. Being a different country, I am sure they have a different method of rating, testing, ensuring security, etc that causes a larger delay in release.

Agreed, It is frustrating though to have to wait longer then others. Even more so that it wasnt 100 percent clear that Vindictus was NA only

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Krevra View Post
    Agreed, It is frustrating though to have to wait longer then others. Even more so that it wasnt 100 percent clear that Vindictus was NA only
    Agreed. They should have put it in HUGE bold letters, or told all those redeeming beta keys. Before it even allowed redemption of a key, it should have checked the IP of the user and told them if they would be able to play or not.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Keinichn View Post

I never stated how it should be playable everywhere, and I'm not worried about when it launches elsewhere either, really. As long as it playable at some point within a reasonable timeframe.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

It's been obvious to me ever since the Vindictus developers announced that seeing as Vindictus has been a big success in CBT etc, they will be releasing an EU version sometime this year. (My guess - Between November & December).

Does no one pay attention to this kind of stuff when I post it or tell them about it or something lol.

EDIT:

Y'all muthasuckas should know that in these modern times that companies no longer bother obtaining a license to distribute a game to more than one continent because they make Diffferent versions of the game for other continents, thats why newer games are coming up with all these IP Blocks.

Nexon IP Blocking is 99.99% not a dissapointment because fans or people who play games from Nexon should have known or realised that Nexon IP Blocks countries from games that are already being serviced in their own continent.

I kind of already knew nexon's vindictus NA would be IP Blocked sooner or later because it's nexon and that's what they do with their games, besides Mabinogi was IP blocked, could you really expect different from Mabinogi Heroes?

That's all I gotta say about this , now lets go play MAESTIA !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast