Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MapleStory: Big Bang

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Narog View Post
    i just try out the Elnido server and i love the connection there is much smoother , so am dishing my chars on broa xD is too good
    I tried that one when I first went back as BB came out and I thought it was horrific. I could hardly do anything :s

Spyro’s Burning Cough Reputation: 10

Am also a gunslinger, awesome class, though I also feel that Cyguss Knights are just greater for those who aren't planning to pass 120.

CPQ is great XP actually from 40-50, the maps on Kerning Square are usually heavily populated (CDs) and Truckers are even more populated.

I believe gunslingers do have the fastest atkspd? Don't quote me on that however.

The hover ability is fun, can't you shoot with it?
    I find the poison bomb useless cause I just spam doubleshot/invisible shot and pots.

As for the recoil shot, someone know if it's useful for traveling? Otherwise I rather not have it.

I'll have to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Godcrusher View Post
    The hover ability is fun, can't you shoot with it?
    You can.

As for the recoil shot, someone know if it's useful for traveling? Otherwise I rather not have it.
    Not unless you level it to a better level. I have it at level 1 and realized how awful it can be. I mean, for travelling do you really want to waste 25 skill points? (Including the pre-requisite of Lv. 5 wings)
    It does push you quite afar in later levels, but it's not worth the skill points.

I'd rather level up the Bomb skill because as I said, you can abuse it from heights and such; It also doesn't cost a bullet so it's a good thing to use if you run out of ammo mid fight.

Unfortunately, I already got Lv. 5 Wings and Lv. 1 Recoil shot and I heavily regret it. I'd rather stick with level 1 Wings and level up the Bomb skill instead.]

Also what, and where, are these Truckers everyone speaks of?

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by AznTechie View Post
    Truckers are way too over populated... I'll stick with H/Voodoo instead for the time being :P
    Get strong and ks. Lvel 71 Arans can use rolling spin + combo fenrir to dominate an entire channel. I know its wrong, but I got sick of KSers.

Retired Staff Reputation: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Ellondu View Post
    Get strong and ks. Lvel 71 Arans can use rolling spin + combo fenrir to dominate an entire channel. I know its wrong, but I got sick of KSers.
    I'm TB. Need to charge for any sort of actual ranged attack. I'll have to wait for shark wave for an actual ks attack lol

But then again I OHKO H/Voodoos anyways... 10k corkscrew ftw.
    「僕たちの前にはいまだ巨大すぎる人生が、茫漠とした時間がどうしようもなく横たわっていた。 」
    "We live in a very special time: the only time where we can observationally verify that we live at a very special time."
    -Lawrence Krauss

Quote Originally Posted by Karuvatto View Post
    You can.

Not unless you level it to a better level. I have it at level 1 and realized how awful it can be. I mean, for travelling do you really want to waste 25 skill points? (Including the pre-requisite of Lv. 5 wings)
    It does push you quite afar in later levels, but it's not worth the skill points.

I'd rather level up the Bomb skill because as I said, you can abuse it from heights and such; It also doesn't cost a bullet so it's a good thing to use if you run out of ammo mid fight.

Unfortunately, I already got Lv. 5 Wings and Lv. 1 Recoil shot and I heavily regret it. I'd rather stick with level 1 Wings and level up the Bomb skill instead.]

LOL. Someone hasn't played MS much....
    Movement skills are THE. MOST. IMPORTANT. SKILL. IN SECOND. JOB. Get it. Im serious. You need it.

And truckers. Go to Kerning. On top of the potion shop is a woman. Buy a ticket, ride the plane. End up in singapore. Go 4 maps right. And then top left portal. THE EXP IS AMAZING. Up until 75 that is. Then its jesters. But I would suggest going somewhere else. Where IDK. Maybe Hoodoos and Voodoos as suggested by Azn.

NEW LEVELING PLAN.

1-10: MAple Island
    11-13: Training quests
    13-18: Blue Ribbon Pigs
    19-20: Hat quest:
    20-30: Rotting Skeletons. LEVEL 20. WEAK. 75 EXP. Best place up to 30.
    30-36: Mush kingdom
    36-45: Balkes dream then grind on CDs
    45-70 (75): Truckers If possible
    70(75) - 82: Jesters
    82-95: MP3

After that idk yet.

I'm TB. Need to charge for any sort of actual ranged attack. I'll have to wait for shark wave for an actual ks attack lol

But then again I OHKO H/Voodoos anyways... 10k corkscrew ftw.
    Sadface. TBs are the most powerful class until like 137. WA's are the second.

CRAP. DOUBLE POST. My bad. I was posting when you replied Azn. Sorry about that.

LOL. Someone hasn't played MS much....
    That deserves a Herp, and a big fat Derp.

Sadface. TBs are the most powerful class until like 137. WA's are the second.

CRAP. DOUBLE POST. My bad. I was posting when you replied Azn. Sorry about that.
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm just using my TB as a prerequisite for a UA (:
    "We live in a very special time: the only time where we can observationally verify that we live at a very special time."
    -Lawrence Krauss

You can.

You have to spend all your points anyway. Next job is at 70.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 20

I tried that one when I first went back as BB came out and I thought it was horrific. I could hardly do anything :s
    is east side server that must be why

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Reading through this thread, MapleStory sounds like a pretty fun game.

I've never played it, and I've heard both amazing and terrible things about it. Is it worth giving a shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Justinuss View Post
    I've never played it, and I've heard both amazing and terrible things about it. Is it worth giving a shot?
    Since the XP rates have been fixed; yes.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm just using my TB as a prerequisite for a UA (:
    Same with my WA. Hes only 30 ATM, but I rlly want that Ultimate Adventurer, so I am working towards it.

UA Page = delish
    It'll make me quit my WK since I don't want to do those quests for UA
    -Lawrence Krauss

If you don't discriminate on its appearance, then certainly you will enjoy the game now that it isn't as grindy. But you'll grow depressed from all the nice looking cash items. =[

Everyone likes to dress up their pixel self no?

First off - Request title change to

"Maplestory BigBang Discussion Area"

Secondly. I go tthe second job advancement on my Aran last night. Combo Fenrir is RIDICULOUS. RIDICULOUS. 2 hits. 4 monsters. Up to 18k. So 18l 16k on 4 jesters = EPIC.

First off - Request title change to

"Maplestory BigBang Discussion Area"

Secondly. I go tthe second job advancement on my Aran last night. Combo Fenrir is RIDICULOUS. RIDICULOUS. 2 hits. 4 monsters. Up to 18k. So 18l 16k on 4 jesters = EPIC.
    I don't think that's really so epic... I saw my friend (xbow) do 11k with IA when he was 6x.

More spammable than Fenrir, too.
    -Lawrence Krauss

Yea. Arans dont have t he best damage, and I am not funded. So oh well. I will be trying to get 100 dollars of Nx for christmas, so maybe I will become EPIC.

lol

Also, Paladins and Archers, with Combat Orders, will potentially get 94% mastery. This can be taken in that BW are essentially unworthless now, especially 1H BW

While sword still have better DPS, the 94% mastery basically eliminates most of the downsides of the BW's minimum damage weakness!

Even more incentive to lv my page or make a UA one IMO ^_^
    -Lawrence Krauss

I managed to get a trucker spot all too myself. It seems, thanks to my time zone I can actually get a spot.

Level 60 now, but I'm having trouble with potions. I have to buy this 800 HP regeneration item from Singapore which costs like 80k for a stack, and since I'm not looting I'm not getting much money back in return.
    My damage peaks at around 2.3k or so, maybe a bit more.

I also found a Blue Umbrella, a Yellow Umbrella, and a shield with a skeleton on it. I also found an item with potential, and it turned out to be a level 50 Shield with 54 +60 Weapon Def and +20 Avoidability too.
    I want to sell this stuff because I imagine it's good, but I don't know a decent price for it.

PPQ during 6x will probably be more practical because there's less ksing (or rather, none at all since you're in a party )
    -Lawrence Krauss

Then again kills dont matter in PPQ, its the exp at the end you want. The monsters dont give exp i dont think. I know that 70-82 is jesters, at 82-95 you should be at MP3, which is godly now. Its like truckers is 1 hour from 42-55, MP3 is 2 hours from 82-90. If you can struggle your way to 95, gallos is INSANE up to 120 (so I hear, haven't hit that level yet).

Then again kills dont matter in PPQ, its the exp at the end you want. The monsters dont give exp i dont think. I know that 70-82 is jesters, at 82-95 you should be at MP3, which is godly now. Its like truckers is 1 hour from 42-55, MP3 is 2 hours from 82-90. If you can struggle your way to 95, gallos is INSANE up to 120 (so I hear, haven't hit that level yet).
    I'd appreciate it if you gave me a list to where I can level.

Today I was at Truckers and quit the game, thinking "Am I really going to sit here doing this again for another night?", but I didn't know you were supposed to end Truckers at 55.

So if you don't mind I'd like it if you can tell me what PQ's there are, where I should train for what and stuff~

Today I was at Truckers and quit the game, thinking "Am I really going to sit here doing this again for another night?", but I didn't know you were supposed to end Truckers at 55.

So if you don't mind I'd like it if you can tell me what PQ's there are, where I should train for what and stuff~
    Well, I reccomend doing truckers to 70m since they are so goooooood. However, you can begin Hoodoos/Voodoos at 55, although there is a 25% miss rate. The monsters are lvl 60.I would ask Azn Techie for their location if you are interested. At lvl 70 go to Jesters. You should be able to handle their 50k HP by then. Btw at 60 you can do Ghost ship pq. It gives Roughly 75k exp every 10 minutes. At 75-80 you can try wolfspiders if Hesters arent cutting it. Then at 82 you should move to MP3, which is top right instead of top left when going to truckers.

Jesters are found in NLC. Go to kerning and in subway buy a ticket from the dude on the left then use the portal to ride to New Leaf City. Hoodoos and Voodoos are PROBABLY there too. Cant say for sure.

But believe me.
    Truckers.
    Are.
    Insane.

I have a feeling BattleMages/Wildhunters will cause a surge of activity in the lower level areas, opening up the higher level areas for training for a day or so. I personally will be making a battlemage the second I can and working to be one of the first 70's. I know someone who made a beginner and got it to 70 in the hopes that he can turn it into a battlemage.

You can't expect a complete and accurate guide to where to train this soon lol. In order for good training guides to come along, you need information as to what %/hr's you're getting, training method in different maps, opinions from different classes, etc. Also, the training aspect of MS has always been grindy; if you can't stand a single day of training at the same monster (even post-B, then I can't say MS is your type of game :x
    -Lawrence Krauss