View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%

Thread: Allods Online or Lord of the Rings Online?

Banned Reputation: 6

Default Allods Online or Lord of the Rings Online?

Yeah, I'm having a hard time deciding which game again. Does anyone know which game is more popular? I know it mostly matters what I like, but I just can't decide some times. Especially now.

Allods Online is so far one of the most visually and world-wise impressive F2P MMORPG I've played. It's more my style too. It's a mix of sci-fi and fantasy, has different floating islands and continents, factions, and a kinda "cartoony" style like WoW.

But Lord of the Rings Online is a pretty impressive game itself, though not always as shiny. It looks nice, it runs fine with some moments of lag (Allods Online does too), Combat is also good, and so forth. It's also a slightly simpler game, IMO. Allods online may be more impressive looking, but looks do not always matter.

Allods Online has more PvP and major parts that focus on it and takes longer to make my way through. Plus, it's less restrictive.

However, Lotro has proven to me that I don't care as much about PvP as I may think. It's also taught me other things.

Allods Online gives me more choices of classes and how I want to build that class, but stat points and skill points make me nervous. I end up looking for guides and trying to make sure I don't mess up my build because I don't want to suck and I don't want to have to use the cash shop to reset the stats and skill points. Plus, sometimes I have a very hard time deciding what class I want to be.

In lotro, I already knew what class I wanted to be...it's like when I saw it for the first time in it's trailer and when creating my trial character..it's like it was calling out for me. So, I picked the Warden class, and I've stuck with it ever since.

Seriously, it's one of the if not THE BEST class I have EVER played as in any MMORPG ever. It's like it was made for me:

I feel like a power house sometimes playing as a Warden. It's one of the most unique classes in the game. It's a challenge, but thats part of what I like about it. The gambit system makes combat more fun and more of a challenge instead of being like in most other games.

I could heal myself, greatly boost my defense, get a bunch of deadly DoTs on an enemy going, I could leech HP (in Lotro it's called Morale) from all the enemies around me, it even had it's own range-based weapons; the Javelin! It isn't like most melee classes which get range weapons just for pulling. No. The Javelin acts as a secondary weapon rather than just a pulling tool.

We also get the coolest shields! Made ESPECIALLY for us and OUR fighting style!

Also, it's one of the few classes I've ever played as in a game where I felt at home and actually felt like I knew what the f**k I was doing, despite there possibly still being so much to learn.

You see, it isn't like some other classes in some other games: Due to the diversity and difficulty of the class, different Wardens have ATLEAST slightly different builds, strategies, fighting styles, and so on. People have tried to make guides, but only have been able to make basic guidelines. Nobody has really made a cookie-cutter guide. Or atleast none that I've seen.

I can easily say that if it wasn't for the Warden class, I would possibly care ATLEAST a bit less about playing Lotro. Besides the fact that I've made friends there and have joined a kinship or two. It also has some nice unique features of it's own, the game does. Not to say Allods Online doesn't have some unique features of it's own.

But I do feel like something is missing in Lotro that I'm looking for, and Allods Online LOOKS more amazing. I'm still a bit tired and I don't want to waste time, and I shouldn't waste too much time and space rambling about a class in, I mean, THE class of LOTRO. It's a great class, but other classes are good too, and I'm sure Allods Online has great classes of it's own also. It's just something I felt like needed to be mentioned since it's a major reason of why I play Lotro.

Anyways, I can't think of too much more at the moment and I'm running out of time, so could anyone tell me about their experiences with the two or even vote in this poll?

Banned Reputation: 6

Allods Online is still winning by 2 votes.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

LOTRO = no Pvp = choose Allods.