League of Legends, Dota's worthy succesor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

A Player's View: League of Legends, Dota's worthy succesor

Of course, who doesn't know league of legends, but some of you might want a players experience to evaluate the game.

I've been playing for about 3 weeks now, and i'm having alot of fun.
    if you have played Dota before you're probably gonna feel like it's Home, if not...well it's pretty easy to learn.

There's over 60 playable champions, each champion has at least 3 different skins (any skin other than the original will cost RP though)

10 champions are selected every week and become available to play for free, once the week is over the champions change, so in order to play a champion as long as you want you have 2 options, to buy him using Riot Points (real money) or Influence Points which you earn when you win/lose a game (ingame currency), also you get around 180 bonus IP for the first win of the day (24 hours), so u get really around 250 IP for that win.

The game basic mechanics are pretty much like dota, but there are quite some different stuff there, for example you can hide in the bushes to become invisible, only enemies with stealth detection or are hiding in the same bush can see you.

some of the improvements from Dota is the key layout, which are conveniently bound to QWER for skills, D & F for summoner spells, 1-6 for items.

The game also differes in that it doesn't just let u learn everything on your own, whenever you play a champion, the item store tells you the recommended items for that champion which are based on the most used build and core function for that champion (ex. dps, tank, assassin..etc)

Denying has been removed to make the games take less time than a Dota game would, also last hitting enemy creeps feels much easier than Dota.

This is pretty much what i can say for now, here's a sign up link which is also a referal link, no harm helping a brother out no ? :

League of Legends - Play For Free

My ingame name is Killpl0x, with a zero not an O.

if you have any further questions feel free to ask, or you can check the review on MMOHUT .

Cya ingame champs!!

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 11

Good review mate When i first played this (months ago) i died many times and i was like; wtf? Then my friend asked me to play with him and i got better and better. Now MinistryOvWar showed me Olaf which i play all the time now. Add me if you want to

JumpOverMe

i'm playing in the North American servers btw, even though i'm in egypt, but i like to play in the country of origin's servers

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

Thumbs up!. But I gotta add: The community is full of douches.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokuten View Post
    Thumbs up!. But I gotta add: The community is full of douches.
    so far i have encountered very few douches, but i think we can both agree that there are much much less douches than Dota right?

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

I haven't played dota in a while (like 6 years =p) so I don't really know. But expect to be trolled, that's my only warning haha

Quote Originally Posted by Hokuten View Post
    I haven't played dota in a while (like 6 years =p) so I don't really know. But expect to be trolled, that's my only warning haha
    i have my troll alarm near me, so i'm safe

Spyro’s Burning Cough Reputation: 10

DOTA is not noob friendly or for the weak heart :P

Ya I LoL here and there until FW invites me :\

Retired Staff Reputation: 12

I'm not a big fan of DotA-esque games, and LoL is no exception. LoL just feels so slow and the controls feel clunky compared to StarCraft lol

I'm probably just too used to the macro/micro in SC.. :/
    「僕たちの前にはいまだ巨大すぎる人生が、茫漠とした時間がどうしようもなく横たわっていた。 」
    "We live in a very special time: the only time where we can observationally verify that we live at a very special time."
    -Lawrence Krauss

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 13

i guess its hard to switch between RTS games because the controls for them are different unlike FPS or RPG games
    very good reveiw, and i totally agree.
    LoL is a great game but FULL of douches.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast