Hey

  1. #1
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Hey

    New here but saw the Visual Basic 6.0 that was needed in starting a game, but when I find a site which says it is good to download and it is Visual Basic 6.0, it isnt usually the right one -it is either a service pack or something different.

    Just wondered if anyone could do me a favour in giving me a good site where I can download it properly to start of my game development.. Thanks


    Nath~

    PS: I am using Dev-C++, what does that do, is that my compiler?

  2. #2
    Crumbly, yet Good Reputation: 75
    Eriond's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,798
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Dev-C++ is an IDE using the G++ compiler for C++ (another language, seperate from V

    If you wanna get started in C++, there's a post up top that's stickied that can get you started on that :P

    If you wanna use VB... hold on, let me dig up a thingy..

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/learning/

    Well, that should get you started... I think? Sorry, I've never used VB before.

    Anyway, good luck

  3. #3
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default oooo

    Thanks for your help but ive been working on C++ and Ive read your topic - much help thanks

    Im up to here - whilst messing around anyways :P



    Have you an msn account cause I wouldnt mind getting the odd help and tip so I can fiddle around a little more, I only started today lol :P

    Thanks again and if you have got an email if you could private message it me that would be awesome. If its aloud.

    Thanks

    Nath~

  4. #4
    Crumbly, yet Good Reputation: 75
    Eriond's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,798
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Sure, if you ever wanna ask me antyhing, just add aharriso56@hotmail.com on MSN messenger.

  5. #5
    Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 21
    Ramstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,599
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Posting your main email on any forum is never a good idea. Say hello to tonnes of spam.

  6. #6
    Crumbly, yet Good Reputation: 75
    Eriond's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,798
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I don't use that email for emails, only MSN. If anyone adds me, I can just block them.

  7. #7
    Retired Staff Reputation: 51
    illgamez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Where The Wild Things Are
    Posts
    4,081
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nath~
    New here but saw the Visual Basic 6.0 that was needed in starting a game, but when I find a site which says it is good to download and it is Visual Basic 6.0, it isnt usually the right one -it is either a service pack or something different.

    Just wondered if anyone could do me a favour in giving me a good site where I can download it properly to start of my game development.. Thanks


    Nath~

    PS: I am using Dev-C++, what does that do, is that my compiler?
    use torrentspy.com and search for it after you download the torrent software at bitlord.com thats how i DL'ed it.
    MEMBER Since 2005

    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.

  8. #8
    Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10
    HopeDagger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illgamez
    use torrentspy.com and search for it after you download the torrent software at bitlord.com thats how i DL'ed it.
    That's called pirating software, and is discussion of such is strictly unallowed here. You have been warned.
    Gauntlets of Recursion (+5) - My game development journal.

  9. #9
    Retired Staff Reputation: 51
    illgamez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Where The Wild Things Are
    Posts
    4,081
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopeDagger
    That's called pirating software, and is discussion of such is strictly unallowed here. You have been warned.
    Dang...sorry
    MEMBER Since 2005

    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.

  10. #10
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    hey guys anyone help me more just place your emails down so I can add ya - If I wanted to make a 3d game how would I go about it. If I was starting of, using dev-c++ program would that have anything to do with 3d?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •