Post a picture of the last thing you bought!

Super Moderator Reputation: 284
    Coloring eggs in the lost city of Atlantis.

I didn't know John Lennon was a Metal Gear fan.

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 63

A new ipod

And a new matcha tea set.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 141

The E-PM2 has the same sensor as the OM-D/E-PL5. Should be a nice upgrade over my Lumix GF3.
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

$3.00

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 141

Three of these:
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    $3.00
    I have that! Mine was $7 though

Got that little contraption for my bike. It plays music from a USB stick, an SD card or a phone, and has a rechargable battery. From what I hear it sounds pretty nice for what it is too!

Rock Man Reputation: 84

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAztaroth View Post
    And a new matcha tea set.
    I saw that in the Karate Kid.
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

"Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

Please let me know how you like that, and compare it to another game for me! ^

Also -

These are only $1 at my gas station, I'm gonna get a few more 'cause I like them.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Quote Originally Posted by Oisterboy View Post
    Please let me know how you like that, and compare it to another game for me! ^

Also -

These are only $1 at my gas station, I'm gonna get a few more 'cause I like them.
    Those actually look very cool. If they had em in blue I'd buy 2.

First off let me say this: do not believe that crappy review on the game from IGN. They gave it a 5.8 from a very shallow understanding of the game and they almost always give low scores to anything that isn't a "AAA" title, and in particular anything anime styled.

As for The Witch and the Hundred Knight, this game is pretty damn good. At first, you are thrown into the world with a very basic understanding of what to do and how things work (which is kinda the point), but there is a lot of depth to it. I bought a digital copy so I didn't know anything about the game mechanics other than what I saw in the trailer a while back. And to be honest, I don't know if it comes with a instruction guide, but I think it's actually better in the case of this game to just jump in blind as all the basic controls you are taught and can find in game and during the loading screens they give you additional ones or you can just figure it out.

You play as a creature named the Hundred Knight that is summoned by the Witch Metallia to do her bidding. That's the gist of the story without any spoilers. You'll advance through a brief tutorial then be set out to explore maps in a isometric/top down view (controlled via the right analog stick) and fight enemies in hack n slash combat. As of now, it seems there are 3 types of weapons: swords, spears and hammers. The Knight can equip five weapons at a time to give him up to a 5 hit basic combo that changes in style depending on the order and type of weapons you set in each of the slots. The weapons also have properties to them that inflict more or less damage to enemies based on their resistances to them (similar to the Ys games on the PSP/VITA) and they level up the more you use them.

The actions of the Hundred Knight are controlled through a stamina system. Every time you attack, defend, run or evade a small circular gauge appears and depletes and you will have to wait a few secs for it to fully recover if it runs out. Another system known as GigaCals (GC) also governs every action you take (basic movement, attacking, evading, blocking, etc.) and once it runs out you start to lose HP until you die. There are ways to recover GC though and you get a decent amount, so it's not as bad as it sounds. Upon death, you'll lose any items you gained on your run, unless you revive with GC and even then you still lose some, so you'll need to be mindful about it. There are waypoints on each of the maps, called pillars, that facilitate return runs by allowing you to not only respawn at them upon death but teleport between them once unlocked. They also serve as a way to end the current level while retaining any progress you've made so far.

It's basically the NIS version of Diablo + Ys: Celceta single player ARPG. There's a lot of things I did not touch on, mostly because I've only played it for a little bit, but I might do a review on it later. Easily a 8/10 though from first impressions. Worth it in my book.

People should get it if they are fans of:

NIS
    ARPG/dungeon crawlers
    Anime styled games
    Roguelikes

Edit:

Just realized there's a software manual on the XMB...damn new age technology and shit. And yeah even the manual doesn't go that deep in anyway.
    Last edited by Kashis; 04-07-2014 at 07:03 PM.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

Page 154 of 175 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164 ... LastLast