Non-target / Action MMORPG List

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Retired Staff Reputation: 12

Continent of the Ninth is instanced a la Dragon Nest/Vindictus. Blade & Soul could be on the 3D list as well for open-world; it doesn't necessarily targets anything the way a traditional MMORPG targets with the mouse, but it targets basically the nearest enemy you aimed your character at... kinda.
    「僕たちの前にはいまだ巨大すぎる人生が、茫漠とした時間がどうしようもなく横たわっていた。 」
    "We live in a very special time: the only time where we can observationally verify that we live at a very special time."
    -Lawrence Krauss

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Quote Originally Posted by AznTechie View Post
    Continent of the Ninth is instanced a la Dragon Nest/Vindictus. Blade & Soul could be on the 3D list as well for open-world; it doesn't necessarily targets anything the way a traditional MMORPG targets with the mouse, but it targets basically the nearest enemy you aimed your character at... kinda.
    Hm that's strange. C9 was praised for a long time as the first MMORPG that is action and open world. Now you're saying it's not open world after all?

For Blade & Soul I wasn't sure, because everyone was saying that it isn't actually action and I couldn't really find good gameplay videos of it. I'll add it to the list.

Swordman Online - (Asia only?) 3d
    Sura Online - (not released?) 3D
    Butterfly Sword Online - (open world? Asia only) 3d
    I only want to add games to the list that are at least announced for an English server. If they are upcoming in English then please give a link to the announcement.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    Hm that's strange. C9 was praised for a long time as the first MMORPG that is action and open world. Now you're saying it's not open world after all?
    Sorry to jump in, im new here, and I can add some info.
    C9 is instance based but all the instances are quite large, giving the feeling of an open world, but still cant compare with other titles such as TERA or b&s

Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    For Blade & Soul I wasn't sure, because everyone was saying that it isn't actually action and I couldn't really find good gameplay videos of it. I'll add it to the list.
    Ill try to explain the combat of b&s since i've played the game.
    You do have o aim, theres no automatic targeting.
    Your normal attacks are done with the left mouse click. And you can get special moves according your class. I only played the blade master, here's an example of combat:

left click, left click, left click, 1 (that triggers a skil that blocks the enemy attack), 2 (that triggers a special skill), left click, left click, left click, F (you can use the F attack once you reach certain amount of power, wich you gain by doing normal attacks, hence the many left clicks)

You can dodge by moving, but in combat mode you cant run fast, like when you type W twice to sprint.

In my opinion, it really decrease the whole game experience, because you have a beautifull game but a crappy combat system.

Im sticking with C9 for the moment.

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

did u put in the upcoming games?? i need MOAR!!!!

I think it must Keep up to date.

Well I added all the upcoming games I know off (C9, Blade&Soul, TERA, etc. they are all in the list already).

If you know more just post here and I'll add them. Make sure to tell me into which section they belong, preferably with a video that proves it, so that I know where to put it.

You should put Hunter Blade up into the 3D+Instanced section.
    It's a really good f2p non-targeting Monster Hunter-clone MMO!

Okay, moved both into the 3D+instanced section.

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 10
    Star Trek: Online is now free to play and has a new non targeting combat system.

3D I assume? Open world or instanced?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast