Sometimes you just gotta be an A-Hole in mmorpgs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Sometimes you just gotta be an A-Hole in mmorpgs

[Insert Overly Hyped MMO Here] Goes Free to play, is in open/closed beta. The starting areas are packed with 1000 newbs trying to get a feel for the game, doing their quests. In my head I am thinking: "Oh my god, this is going to be a nightmare to get through"

So, what do I do? I instantly get used to the controls, read help section if needed, and start questing.

Quest giver: "Kill 12 of these guys that are being farmed"

Me: "K"

So Off I go, killing 12 guys, I dont want to be there competing for the mobs, I wanna go through this as fastas possible so, theree will be less people later on, and i bet half of those people i bypass will quit the game anyways.

So... I kill steal, it's not nice, but it gets the job done...fast.

Go ahead and complain, guy I just stole your monster from, complaining won't help you go after new monsters, in fact, its making it harder, since all the guys around you are all dead.

I'm finally out of the beginner area, instead of 1000 newbs in a small area, i got 200 newbs in a wide open area, so i wont KS as much. Even though I can finally take my time, I'm not going to, I want there to be like, 50 people in my area, so I do everything as fast as possible.

Well, My A-Hole Characteris finally maxxed out, everyone hates him. Time to make a new account, and transfer money and items from my A-Hole character to my soon to be non A-Hole character. I somehow make friends with the people i KS'd. They don't know the A-Hole guy is me...awesome! Still hear people who are complaining about my guy, but all he does is abuse the game economy to send to my alt, who is actually playing like a friendly player would.

Enough of this story.. I got bears to grind..

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 14

I feel for you, man. But I guess everyone is in the same situation when a game goes F2P.

The capped guys will probably just come to the nubzone and laugh their *** off at everyone.

Firor's Fury Reputation: 60

Geez you guys can't enjoy a game.

DEMON GIRL APPRECIATION DAY (May 4th)
    Playing MMO: Final Fantasy XIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: Wildstar (USA) Saving For: Television

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Geez you guys can't enjoy a game.
    Lol, what enjoyment is there if someone keeps ksing your mobs and you can't move one step forward?

Firor's Fury Reputation: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Vinzix View Post
    Lol, what enjoyment is there if someone keeps ksing your mobs and you can't move one step forward?
    Go to a different channel? Unless you're playing PWI, then you have an excuse. Otherwise, just play some other time? I'm sure you have offline games you could play rather than complain / etc. about these.

DEMON GIRL APPRECIATION DAY (May 4th)
    Playing MMO: Final Fantasy XIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: Wildstar (USA) Saving For: Television

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by mitine View Post
    [Insert Overly Hyped MMO Here] Goes Free to play, is in open/closed beta. The starting areas are packed with 1000 newbs trying to get a feel for the game, doing their quests. In my head I am thinking: "Oh my god, this is going to be a nightmare to get through"

So, what do I do? I instantly get used to the controls, read help section if needed, and start questing.

Quest giver: "Kill 12 of these guys that are being farmed"

Me: "K"

So Off I go, killing 12 guys, I dont want to be there competing for the mobs, I wanna go through this as fastas possible so, theree will be less people later on, and i bet half of those people i bypass will quit the game anyways.

So... I kill steal, it's not nice, but it gets the job done...fast.

Go ahead and complain, guy I just stole your monster from, complaining won't help you go after new monsters, in fact, its making it harder, since all the guys around you are all dead.

I'm finally out of the beginner area, instead of 1000 newbs in a small area, i got 200 newbs in a wide open area, so i wont KS as much. Even though I can finally take my time, I'm not going to, I want there to be like, 50 people in my area, so I do everything as fast as possible.

Well, My A-Hole Characteris finally maxxed out, everyone hates him. Time to make a new account, and transfer money and items from my A-Hole character to my soon to be non A-Hole character. I somehow make friends with the people i KS'd. They don't know the A-Hole guy is me...awesome! Still hear people who are complaining about my guy, but all he does is abuse the game economy to send to my alt, who is actually playing like a friendly player would.

Enough of this story.. I got bears to grind..
    Lol thats some good idea right there.

Still sucks though for others but as you said just got to be a A-Hole some times

Rock Man Reputation: 14

K... If that's what makes you happy.

Super Moderator Reputation: 12

Err... sure.
    「僕たちの前にはいまだ巨大すぎる人生が、茫漠とした時間がどうしようもなく横たわっていた。 」
    "We live in a very special time: the only time where we can observationally verify that we live at a very special time."
    -Lawrence Krauss

Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

you have to be an A-hole in real life than some games, it makes more sense - the game is here today, tomorrow its shut down and all your progress is gone, and even if it didnt shut down, what does your real life benefit from it?

Dat epic; 'cool story bro', response. That's what you get from it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast