Listing: Sandbox MMOs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

Quote Originally Posted by Dmytro View Post
    EVE - i am pretty sure everyone considers this a sandbox as you are completely free to do what you want, there is no forced progression. You can be a pirate, trade, craft, explore, pve and pvp at any point of the game. Just look at eve website One Universe, Limitless Potential - Features of the Game - EVE Online .
    So basically there are infinite amount of warps / starports / planetary systems / etc. to harvest / go to? Or people have to make them? Can people destroy said star ports by attacking them? I've seen some gameplay, but I'm not convinced yet. (I didn't really listen to them though, I'd rather see the actual sandbox stuff visually, not "heard" via voice or text.)

I put Garry's mod and Terraria on the list, but added asterisks next to them as I have not found dedicated servers (As in, like remotely hosted minecraft servers are) for them.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EQ Next, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

A Shrubbery Reputation: 35

Nothing is unlimited but might as well be there is so much stuff in EVE and yeh people can construct stuff and it can be hijacked and destoroyed. It's a sandbox, it's just set in space so it doesn't seem like it.

Even says it on official site.

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

Quote Originally Posted by Dmytro View Post
    Nothing is unlimited but might as well be there is so much stuff in EVE and yeh people can construct stuff and it can be hijacked and destoroyed. It's a sandbox, it's just set in space so it doesn't seem like it.

Even says it on official site.
    Most of the videos on that page are just cinematic trailers, no actual sandbox gameplay. But all right.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EQ Next, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 101

isnt minecraft a sandbox game...?

edit: oops!! its on the list!
    hmm.. i guess almost every game has some elements of a sandbox game. rtses allow you to change the existence of an enemy on the field in a great many ways. peronally i prefer gameplay over sandbox qualities in the same way that i don't want to have to study everything in the world, just the bits that i like studying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12