About to start Forsaken World.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default About to start Forsaken World.

Hey guys i just need some help getting into this game.
    If someone with experience in this game would please give me a few hints and tips that would be great.
    Im going to be a marksman so ill need a guide on what skills to train and be more pvp orientated.

hey man! thanks for mentioning this game. i think it's real great in terms of combat - just what i was looking for! i actually want to play as an assassin thou i always liked the sneak and kill kind of thing. but there's just one hitch in the plan! I CAN'T REGISTER! what is this.... my confirmation mail is not coming! i used yahoo btw. do i need to use another server?

Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

I have spent quite some time in FW, and as a fan of WoW-like games, I'm really disappointed.

If you expect this game to be good, it's not, it's a grind-based game. HEAVY GRIND. The crafting is good. The PvP sucks - you just stay in one place and you use one of the few skills you have, and here are some yellow orbs that require you to collect them, which is really stupid. When you are accepted into a guild you should be very active and help them, ask them what crafting professions should you choose and so on. The developers kind of tried to make the game a bit better than the rest, but it's still really bad.

I'm not sure if I ever played a good F2P MMORPG, but I can tell you some games, that are good.

Dungeons and Dragons Online and Lord of The Rings Online are free for about 40% of the game, then you are limited really bad, but for the first 40% you will have lots of fun.

Alliance of Valliant Arms and Need For Speed World can be played with skill, you can get everything you need to outmatch others for free.

I really like the art and the idea of Wakfu, I have it installed, but I haven't played it much, I don't like the combat system as you get outnumbered early on.

So back to Forsaken World, if you don't have high expectations, the game will keep you busy for a while, but it's nothing special, when you get a new weapon or an armor and you go test it out, you don't feel any stronger, so the feeling of progress is almost gone, if it weren't for the level indicator on your character portrait.

Give it a go, but I think, that you will be disappointed. I've played many MMOs for at least three years and I know which are worth it and which aren't.

Oh ok, interesting replies haha
    I was playing Flyff before this so i think this game will suit me personally.

Don't forget to come back and tell us your impression of Forsaken World.

I can confirm what Saex Conroy said it's all true FW is HEAVY GRIND-based mmorpg the pvp is really bad you just sit on one place and use your abilities. At first you'll think the game is fun but it really isn't you'll probably do those quests at henry in town to get to lvl 20 or so quite fast but after that it gets really i mean really grindy.

Wouldn't recommend it if you don't like to grind so much you should play RaiderZ when the game will come out.

A Shrubbery Reputation: 35

Take Perfect World and times it by 0.5 and you have Forsaken World.

Quote Originally Posted by speedythepro View Post
    I can confirm what Saex Conroy said it's all true FW is HEAVY GRIND-based mmorpg the pvp is really bad you just sit on one place and use your abilities. At first you'll think the game is fun but it really isn't you'll probably do those quests at henry in town to get to lvl 20 or so quite fast but after that it gets really i mean really grindy.

Wouldn't recommend it if you don't like to grind so much you should play RaiderZ when the game will come out.
    You can do Henry quests for at least when you reach 40lvl and even more, it's just that it gets so repetitive, it makes you wanna cry.