Looking for ftp mmorpg

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Looking for ftp mmorpg

Hey i am looking for a free to play mmorpg. I played world of warcraft for a few years and realy injoyed it. I played lotro but did not like it because its lack pvp. I found the battleground system in wow very good. So mabey a game with a similar system. Also i didn't like runes of magic. So are there any games your recommend for me or a game you realy injoyed playing?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Try out Aion and Allods Online, they get closest to what you are looking for.

Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

There is no game like WoW, only ones that are close to it in certain aspects. After trying so many games I realized that no game can replace WoW. You either play WoW, or you don't, because you won't achieve the same experience elsewhere.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 101

I tried Lotro and also didn't liek the absence of f2p pvp. So I changed to the totally f2p Regnum Online and I really enjoy this open RvR pvp game. Regnum Online is actually pretty much just WoW battlegrounds. There are 3 realms constantly at war and you just join whichever realm and fight to do your best for that realm. There are fort wars and invasions also. The wars get pretty big and intense.

Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by vanbasco View Post
    I tried Lotro and also didn't liek the absence of f2p pvp. So I changed to the totally f2p Regnum Online and I really enjoy this open RvR pvp game. Regnum Online is actually pretty much just WoW battlegrounds. There are 3 realms constantly at war and you just join whichever realm and fight to do your best for that realm. There are fort wars and invasions also. The wars get pretty big and intense.
    There are two variations of Regnum Online - this and Realms Online, I've tried Regnum, but it felt kind of empty. I would try the game again, if I know at least one of them has a descent population.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 101

Quote Originally Posted by Saex Conroy View Post
    There are two variations of Regnum Online - this and Realms Online, I've tried Regnum, but it felt kind of empty. I would try the game again, if I know at least one of them has a descent population.
    Realms Online and Regnum Online are actually the same. Regnum is the original name of hte game as it was started in Argentina and spread over Europe. When it spread to the US it was named Realms Online. Several Europe countries (notably France and germany I think) have their own country-locked servers. But there is one international server which covers the whole world - this is named Haven. Haven has a good population now and fairly frequent 20vs20+ fights going on.

The world map is relatively big so there are quiet spots, but generally the lulls are because people are grouping up to invade somewhere (if you are a Hunter characte ryou can use your "radar" to detect enemies sneaking around). Keep in mind this is in the warzone. The safe realm area its just a practice area for new players to get used to their characters.

(when Haven was first formed by the merger of Raven and Horus servers, 50vs 50 fights were very frequent, but I suspect this was during school hols)