Which F2P game has the worst community?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    A Shrubbery Reputation: 10

Default Which F2P game has the worst community?

Hey,

I wondering about this since I'd just realized how terrible the AVA community was when I used to play it(Or rather how terrible the player-base was, I think it was so bad that it can't even be counted as a community).

AVA's community was just horrible.
    People were getting frustrated and then swearing 24/7.
    Kids spamming the chat.
    Big buff guys acting tough and calling everyone noobs, inciting mass flame wars.
    Hosts were kicking people out of rooms for just no goddamn reason. People were pissing off hosts so much that they'd kick everyone out of the lobby. People would get vote-kicked out of the match for playing bad on Search and Destroy or ANY objective game-mode(They call it Demolition in AVA).

The attitude for that game was just horrible, everyone was so hostile. If you were bottom of the scoreboard, there was a 85% chance you'd get kicked out of the room IF you weren't playing with your clan.

(AND BELIEVE ME; THAT ISN'T THE WORST OF WHAT GOES ON IN AVA, THAT IS JUST WHAT I CAN REMEMBER. THERE IS PLENTY MORE, OH MY FRICKING GOD; SO MUCH MORE).

I think the fact that some of the cash-shop weapons were so frickin OP(Not really OP, just that F2P players would have to play for months to level up to get a weapon like that) may have been a factor in it as it could really piss you off.
    Don't get me wrong, I was just as worst as everyone else in the community but after a short while, I mostly did it for trolling purposes.
    But now I'm reminiscing(They were still good times, I loved playing that game none-the-less) when I used to play AVA, that playerbase is the worst I've ever encountered.
    They were good times, very good times(In fact I think I'm going to install AVA again just for nostalgia) and I don't condemn the community, in fact I think that was one of the best experience of AVA as at least you could see there were PEOPLE playing it instead of having a silent match.
    Man those times with my clan playing it.....good times lol. I'm glad some of the F2P players in my clan introduced me to it.

So what was the worst MMO or F2P game community you've ever experienced? I've not yet played an MMORPG with a community as bad as AVA's but I guess there may be some out there(*Cough* WoW/SWTOR you're quite there).

And I know, a lot of F2P FPS's will have communities like that, well I played Crossfire for AGES and the community was pretty damn fantastic. So I don't believe that.

BTW LOL DOES NOT COUNT, IF YOU PUT IT HERE THEN I SWEAR I WILL GODDAMN-......
    YEAH, NO LoL. Anyone who has played LoL know's what I'm talking about, it's kind of a given.
    Esivo You legend

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 14

Aren't a lot of multiplayer communities bad nowadays? At least in their incarnation. Can't recall a multiplayer game that has a decent community, especially player versus player wise. It's more about who has the biggest smack talk then who has the most skill. Just enjoy the freaking game, lol. I do remember getting ban request on AVA for going 17 - 3 with sniper. I can't help it that they are so easy, lol. Them snipers are headshot magnets. People calling out for hacker and all that shenanigans. It's funny business.

Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

It depends on how competitive the game actually is. I've played A.V.A since the summer of 2010 and I can tell you, community is one of the biggest issues in A.V.A, at some point I tried to replace the font in the chat box with something unreadable, but it was too complicated, so I gave up.

In Need for Speed World almost no one is using the chat(besides me calling low levels buying exotic cars and crashing on straight roads and me owning them with my Chevelle SS noobs), so I don't know about that one.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 60

Nexon and Aeria's games have the worst communities

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 Saving For: An Epic Computer

Quote Originally Posted by Vinzix View Post
    Aren't a lot of multiplayer communities bad nowadays? At least in their incarnation. Can't recall a multiplayer game that has a decent community, especially player versus player wise. It's more about who has the biggest smack talk then who has the most skill. Just enjoy the freaking game, lol. I do remember getting ban request on AVA for going 17 - 3 with sniper. I can't help it that they are so easy, lol. Them snipers are headshot magnets. People calling out for hacker and all that shenanigans. It's funny business.
    I did enjoy the game though lol, the Community was one of the best things as it was seriously funny to watch.

I've played a lot of FPS's, I don't think I've met another bad one like AVA. But then again, CoD doesn't have chatboxes, vote-kick system and a server based system so...*Shudders*.
    Esivo You legend

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 12

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the League of Legends community yet.
    LoL has the absolute worst playerbase I have ever seen. Every time I solo queue I end up muting at least half the players I'm playing with.

Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Gerberos View Post
    LoL has the absolute worst playerbase I have ever seen. Every time I solo queue I end up muting at least half the players I'm playing with.
    At least you can mute/block them, when I used to play A.V.A, I had to bear with all the hatred that was going on in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerberos View Post
    Lol, you didn't read the last bit of the OP.
    Esivo You legend

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 11

Nexon by far. Just google Bliss guild Mabinogi. We got away with so much harsh trolling.

A Shrubbery Reputation: 13

LoL community isn't even that bad, every pvp centered game hates noobs LoL just happens to be one of more popular ones. It's definetly competition (pvp in most cases or very hardcore pve) that makes people mad hence why most shooters and mobas are known to be full a-holes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast