Activision Reveals Walking Dead First-Person Shooter

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 245

Cool Activision Reveals Walking Dead First-Person Shooter

Developer Terminal Reality and publisher Activision are working on a FPS based on AMC's Walking Dead TV show. I really wonder if this game will do the comic & TV series that is based on the comic justice!:

Telltale isn’t the only developer with a Walking Dead game.

Activision has announced a new game based on The Walking Dead. Not to be confused with Telltale’s episodic The Walking Dead adventure game, Activision’s version is a first-person action game based on AMC’s The Walking Dead TV show.

Developed by Terminal Reality, The Walking Dead will revolve around Daryl Dixon and his brother Merle on a “haunting, unforgiving quest to make their way to the supposed safety of Atlanta.” Players will control Daryl as they attempt to avoid detection from zombies that hunt using sight, sound and smell and will choose between fighting them or using stealth to avoid detection. According to Activision, “No place is truly safe for Daryl as he makes his way through the Georgia countryside in this new, post-apocalyptic world.”

Supplies will be scarce and players will need to carefully manage food, ammunition and supplies as they make their way through the game. Daryl will encounter “a slew of other characters” along the way that can help or hurt him. Whether or not these characters accompany Daryl is completely up to the player and “represents just some of the major decisions that will constantly be made while fighting to survive.”

The Walking Dead will hit stores in 2013 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Few other details are available, but check out the game’s official site for more info in the future. Until then, keep an eye out for all the latest announcements about The Walking Dead TV show before it returns to AMC for season three later this year, and be sure to bookmark IGN's The Walking Dead Video Game wiki to stay abreast of the latest details.

For additional information, the official website is now live and features a teaser trailer.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/07/0...person-shooter
    Last edited by Cy-Kill; 07-10-2012 at 12:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mime Taxidermy View Post
    I don't think that Internet Explorer can display CSS, only HTML.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Looks like fun to me, when the creatures die and freeze then burst into a bunch of smaller cubes makes me squeal like a small girl.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I would love to see an FPS like this that would also have a lot of scavenging, building, survivor gathering etc... Kind of like a Fallout version of Walking Dead but with more of focus on group survival.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 43

Day Z................@KeyboardBumps

Yes I don't play Day Z anymore so please don't start calling me a fanboy.

Most users ever online was 6,228, 06-19-2014 at 04: 31 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 286

ever heard of missing the point.