Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: sword art online anime!

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 34

Default sword art online anime!

i was just randomly browsing new anime and saw sword art online has got an anime now, its so crazy that accel world and SAO got anime's this year big for light novels, im pretty excited about it

the only problem is when the series are so short now (like 12 episodes) and right when it starts to get good that's the end

im definitely going to check this out today though, but i have read almost all of the SAO light novel that has been translated to english so this is pretty big for me to see how they handle it as an anime

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 49

Sword art online will have 24 episodes by the way ^_^.

Olpah's Object Reputation: 61

So season 1 of Sword art online have 12 episodes and second season too right?

Just watched episode 1 epic anime i think i will start reading the novel when the anime version ends.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 317

Quote Originally Posted by Urfrid View Post
    So season 1 of Sword art online have 12 episode and second season too right?

Just watched episode 1 epic anime i think i will start reading the novel when the anime version ends.
    No second season. It will just be 24 episodes and probably some crappy 3 minutes ova's.

Ok some guy or girl on some anime blog told me there be second season.

I hope there will be one i love this anime best anime i have seen in a while.
    Last edited by Urfrid; 07-07-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AkaSnake View Post
    Sword art online will have 24 episodes by the way ^_^.
    good to hear, highschool DxD and Ben-To where only 12 episodes,so i was worried the same thing would happen to SAO if this was becoming the normal thing

Game Journalist Reputation: 490

Watched the first episode, and I've got to say I'm pleasantly surprised I enjoyed the manga but it felt kind of messy.

The anime really felt like the characters were in a game (damage counters, health bars, menu's, etc...) and it was presented in an appealing way. The anime seemed a lot less messy and rushed compared to the manga and was a thousand times easier to get in to.

I'm glad to see an increase in these MMO-type anime/manga (such as Accel World or .hack movie) recently, and can't wait to see more similar stuff.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Oh man the first episode was amazing. I can tell this anime is going to be the best of this season , if not one of the best anime ever , the quality is outstanding.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 12

Just watched the first episode myself, I have absolutely zero knowledge about it other than the fact that I have the manga bookmarked on mangahere.com. I really enjoyed it and can't wait to see how much more elaborate it can get. I think it will be really neat seeing real people use high end sword skills (read: omnislash-esque stuff).

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 37

Watched the first episode yesterday and my first reaction was "Dayum"..
    Seems like something that could actually happen in the future :o
    If games are no-lifers, then are non-gamers yes-lifers?

Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 10

Thanks for reminding me to watch this. definitely one of the more interesting ones this season. This and accel world anyone know when the next airing for the show is? (so i can put it on the computer for when to watch for it.)

http://YouTube.com/user/SuperTimeAssassin - My Youtube Channel
    Currently Playing : C9, CS:GO, LoL

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 107

you guys made me curious about this anime

dling the first ep right now

*Edit*

That was awesome

can't wait for the next eps

when do they usually air?
    Last edited by Espio0; 07-08-2012 at 01:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by supersonix9 View Post
    I'm sure that everything that I just said seems extremely silly to most of the people reading this, but Sonic has a place in my heart and that will carry on until I die.

Episode 2 will air on July 14, 2012 ( So every episodes will be on saturday ). Saturdays will be more awesome! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by AkaSnake View Post
    Episode 2 will air on July 14, 2012 ( So every episodes will be on saturday ). Saturdays will be more awesome! ^_^
    Ahhh thank you snake wait they will be online saturdays? because that will make my saturdays 1000 times as good.

off Topic: oh did you get my visitor message?

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 37

Quote Originally Posted by fearflam View Post
    Thanks for reminding me to watch this. definitely one of the more interesting ones this season. This and accel world anyone know when the next airing for the show is? (so i can put it on the computer for when to watch for it.)
    I really don't understand why everyone likes Accel World so much xD To be honest the main character is annoying in my opinion so I can't bear to watch it for more than 1 episode :P
    If games are no-lifers, then are non-gamers yes-lifers?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinetio View Post
    I really don't understand why everyone likes Accel World so much xD To be honest the main character is annoying in my opinion so I can't bear to watch it for more than 1 episode :P

that's probably why you don't like it, stick with it for awhile and see how the main character develops (aka gaining self confidence and courage)

i like other similar light novels/anime/manga/hwa/hua (based on mmorpgs or virtual reality) a little more than accel world (at least to this point that's how i feel), like sword art online,1/2 prince and the legendary moonlight sculptor (all 19 chapters of it currently translated ) but i still enjoy accel world and im glad it got an anime

(im a bit behind on accel world though so i don't know if i should try and compare it before i read/watch more of it)

also ID eNTITY/Yureka (manhwa) is pretty awesome, although its a tad hard to follow the story later on, since im naming off all the series i can think of (besides .hack) based on this kind of thing, i know i've mentioned these series here before but whatever, if it helps people to find something they like then good
    Last edited by chris183; 07-09-2012 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chris183 View Post
    that's probably why you don't like it, stick with it for awhile and see how the main character develops (aka gaining self confidence and courage)

i like other similar light novels/anime/manga/hwa/hua (based on mmorpgs or virtual reality) a little more than accel world (at least to this point that's how i feel), like sword art online,1/2 prince and the legendary moonlight sculptor (all 19 chapters of it currently translated ) but i still enjoy accel world and im glad it got an anime

(im a bit behind on accel world though so i don't know if i should try and compare it before i read/watch more of it)

also ID eNTITY/Yureka (manhwa) is pretty awesome, although its a tad hard to follow the story later on, since im naming off all the series i can think of (besides .hack) based on this kind of thing, i know i've mentioned these series here before but whatever, if it helps people to find something they like then good

Yureka is one of my favorite manhwa's. I still go back and read it from the start every now and then. Don't keep up with it anymore, tho.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]

Hoshigami Reputation: 435

I am so ready for something like this to be real.
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

"Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 107

Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    I am so ready for something like this to be real.
    same, without the perma death thingy though
    Quote Originally Posted by supersonix9 View Post
    I'm sure that everything that I just said seems extremely silly to most of the people reading this, but Sonic has a place in my heart and that will carry on until I die.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinetio View Post
    I think the reason i like the show is because i can somewhat relate to the main character. like im not obese or like even fat but im a little chubby and am always nervous and not much confidence and whatnot. so to watch a character that is somewhat like myself (yes i know its just a show blah blah blah) its just interesting to see how its going to turn out. idk just my own personal opinion.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 140

2nd episode did not disappoint.

I can fap to this.

Great episode but it felt rushed episode 2.

I enjoyed this episode. I like how rather than jump 2 years in to the future, like the manga does, it tells the story in a more linear way. I'm hoping the anime will have no flash backs e_e

Sword Art Online has a lot of similarities to Legendary Moonlight Sculptor. In terms of story and feeling you get from reading it.
    -Cingal

Pellet Eater Reputation: 17

My God, that was epic. Best Episode 2 of any anime ever, right in front of TTGL(never thought I'd say that).

Quote Originally Posted by Dameo View Post
    My God, that was epic. Best Episode 2 of any anime ever, right in front of TTGL(never thought I'd say that).
    This anime is so ****ing epic , masterpiece! What is TTGL by the way? I'm calling it , sword art online will be like #2 right after death note ( it's the same director btw )