sword art online anime!

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

Episode 8 is already out, following the main storyline. I'm surprise they didn't include Kirito's first day since I think it would be a good episode, but that is in volume 8, and that all the episode we saw so far are base on volume 1 and 2.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by lazyluong View Post
    Episode 8 is already out, following the main storyline. I'm surprise they didn't include Kirito's first day since I think it would be a good episode, but that is in volume 8, and that all the episode we saw so far are base on volume 1 and 2.
    Do you know where I can find a good translated version of the Light Novels?
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

I don't know about good translated version, but I did link to one that had the translated version of the light novel on the first page. As long as it's readable, I'm happy.

Ride em’ Yoshi Reputation: 26

The first ep wooked so EPIC but after that they ruened the anime by trowing one of its two AWESOME parts (The fighting) and they started focusing on the romance wich could have worked if didn't have restriction on how many episodes they could make coz now they have to jump trough time leaving large parts of the story.
    I think the next episode will take a place a few mounghts after the tenth and the 12th episode will be like the final boss or someting and then if there are another 12 eps they'll be fillers of the blanks in time
    Seriusly I liked this anime for the first 2-3 eps but if I had to rate it now I'd probablly give it 2.5\5
    I try to be good,but then I get bored!
    You have been warned.

Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 15

This episode was... interesting?

Kirito got 1-hit :|
    That's... sad
    That or the duel was "first blood" or something, I didn't see which option
    they picked.

The shield asshole is strong. He stopped / slowed time or something. He looks like he was 50 or something though, funny 50 year old making guilds in videogames...

The end was a little ehhhh what am I watching. What they'd do, cyber?
    I would laugh if the evil game programmer dude actually added the possibility
    of sex in game. That'd be pretty messed with all the pre-teens running
    around. Although I guess that's insignificant compared to getting a bunch
    of people killed. LOL
    Playing: FlyFF, Granado Espada

Because of the death penalty in SOA, they all use the first strike rule in duels. This is a description of the duel rules that was used, which was taken from the light novel.

I nodded in reply, then pressed Yes and chose the «First Strike Mode» from the options.

This was a duel that could be won either by landing the first clean hit or by reducing the opponent's HP to half. The message changed to [You have accepted the 1-on-1 duel with Kuradeel], and a countdown of 60 seconds appeared below it. The moment that number reached zero, the HP protection system that was in effect within the town would be momentarily withdrawn, and he and I would be able to cross swords until one of us won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwet View Post
    The end was a little ehhhh what am I watching. What they'd do, cyber?
    I would laugh if the evil game programmer dude actually added the possibility
    of sex in game. That'd be pretty messed with all the pre-teens running
    around. Although I guess that's insignificant compared to getting a bunch
    of people killed. LOL
    Too bad there's no spoiler tag like in myanimelist forums, so I apologize for anyone else read this hoping to not be spoil. BTW, this is from the light novel.

I tried to explain while frantically waving my hands about to Asuna, who was about to throw her second punch without paying any attention to me.

“I'm sorry, I was wrong!! Bu...But, anyway, can you... like... actually d-do it...? In SAO...?”

Asuna dropped her attacking stance and was a bit taken aback, although still furious. Then she asked:

“You, you mean you don't know...?”

“No, I don't...”

Then, Asuna's expression changed suddenly from one of anger to one of embarrassment, before she explained in a small voice:

“...That is... In the options menu, all the way on the bottom... there's an option called «Ethic Code Off».”

It was the first time I had ever heard of such a thing. I'm sure this wasn't available during the beta test, nor was it mentioned in the manual. To think that this was another price that I had to pay for playing as a solo player and not having any interest except fighting.

But this information raised a new question that I couldn't help but think about. Since I still hadn't fully recovered my ability to think straight, I unintentionally said it out loud:

“...Have... Have you ever done it before...?”

Once again, Asuna's iron fist erupted in sparks right before my face.

"O-Of course not, you idiot—!! I just heard about it from the other girls in the guild!!"

I hurried to kneel down on the ground before her and apologized endlessly. It took several minutes before I finally managed to calm her down.
    Last edited by lazyluong; 09-08-2012 at 11:38 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 174

i gotta say the dual wielding finish against The Gleaming Eyes (the blue minotaur boss) was pretty freaking epic.

one irk I have about the anime series so far is that we don't see much into the details of items~ like what stats they have, defense/offense, etc....and just wth is the name of the sword Asuna is wielding. (We know the 2 swords Kirito has are The Elucidator and Dark Repulser).

I am guessing the author is going to do an OVA series for the fill-ins of the many levels and floors that the episodes skip from one to the next.

still, I enjoyed the last 2 episodes~ lots of action (especially 9th one).

edit: on that note, is it just me, or does watching all these episodes give a sudden desire to play classic games like Ragnarok?

edit2: I just realized, watch the opening of Sword Art Online or the action scenes in general while listening to the Claymore Opening music. OMG EPICCCCC
    Last edited by Asiankid0; 09-09-2012 at 03:54 AM.
    "When it comes to the past, EVERYONE writes fiction." -Stephen King

Pellet Eater Reputation: 17

Quote Originally Posted by lazyluong View Post
    BTW, this is from the light novel.
    Thanks for that. I guess I'm gonna have to read the light novel now, since I keep hearing how so much detail is missing :/.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

I've got to say, this weeks Episode was the best one I've seen since the first episode. It's been so long since I've seen an anime that actually has progression in the story. Most of them hold off on doing major stuff like what happened in this episode til right at the end :/

I think I'm going to read the Light Novel now. Can anyone tell me where to start reading if I am up to the latest episode? I don't want to re-read a story I've already watched (tho if it's completely different/ a lot more detailed than the anime, I would be willing to start from the beginning).
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Payne, Max Payne Reputation: 52

Anime is alright but alright says a lot when the anime industry is flooded with poorly written anime.

It's the first anime in quite some time that I could actually find some entertainment from.

There are plenty of flaws to the anime but nothing so jarring that it puts me off.

If you think about it their bodies are just in a vegetative state so someone has to feed them and clean up all their shit.....for years.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast