MMO's ruined my single player gaming?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 124

Default MMO's ruined my single player gaming?

After playing many MMO's for all these years it really seems to have taken a toll on my single player gaming. I find it boring/not worth my while to play most single player games and I seem to think that there isn't much point. Can anyone else relate? It really sucks that I just don't find many single player games fun anymore. It would seem to me the whole carrot on a stick aspect of mmo's along with the social bits are the main cause, there is not the same gain in a single player game, everyone can get the same things and follows mostly the same path, there is nothing special about it. The characters are nice, but they are not real.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Yep, I have the same problem; well, I wouldn't call it a "problem" ...

I just can't get into singleplayer anymore, unless they are turned based games or rpgs like skyrim, fallout; sandbox ingeneral, where I have a lot of freedom to do what I want.

Games like Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, etc....are utterly boring to me. The cut scenes kill me, really.

I just love the thrill of playing with and against other people so much, and being able to do as I please ...
    Last edited by Yumexplosioncookie; 07-09-2012 at 05:23 AM.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 22

Lol and I thought I was the only one. Same here, I didn't even bother checking out those anticipated single-player games on consoles or PC. Though I would still play the old RPG games like FF7-10. But that's about it. Or maybe, we're just getting old.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 72

i beated Chrono trigger 300 times, always brings tears to my eyes. anyways i hate the community, especially the english community! they ruin my experiance in mmorpgs and kills the mood in playing. You only live once, so lets evade the pvp content. They're so afraid as if they lose all their equips when you die like diablo 2 or something..

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 50

Yeah, ever since I got into MMO's I just couldn't get into single players games anymore at all.....
    It's basically wasted money for me..

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukiri View Post
    i beated Chrono trigger 300 times, always brings tears to my eyes. anyways i hate the community, especially the english community! they ruin my experiance in mmorpgs and kills the mood in playing.

Journey is worthwhile... And any non-subscription retail game at least 4 years old which has gone F2P tends to be good because only the fans still play (SWG emu, FreeAllegiance, etc).
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Since I recently started enjoying games with PvP it's somewhat difficult finding that excitement in single player games.

So multiplayer it is!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 245

Quote Originally Posted by endrien View Post
    After playing many MMO's for all these years it really seems to have taken a toll on my single player gaming. I find it boring/not worth my while to play most single player games and I seem to think that there isn't much point. Can anyone else relate?
    It hasn't really ruined it for me, but the lack of single-player RPGs is what is annoying me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mime Taxidermy View Post
    I don't think that Internet Explorer can display CSS, only HTML.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Looks like fun to me, when the creatures die and freeze then burst into a bunch of smaller cubes makes me squeal like a small girl.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 619

not really for me, theres alot of singleplayer games i still enjoyed this year like dragons dogma, skyrim, dark souls, kingdoms of amalur. its just that shooters all got boring to me

Currently Playing: Borderlands the pre-sequel

>Screenshot Collection 2013-2014<

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 36

Only the good old and original and only true rpg genre can hold me into a singleplayer game (skyrim, ff7 etc)
    Shooter games are dead to me i only liked good only cod 2 or older and some other older war games. The new ones just feel like im killing zombies all time
    Last edited by janii; 07-09-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast