Need a new fantasy game

  1. #1
    Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The middle of nowhere
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Need a new fantasy game

    Hey guys, I know it's been awhile since i've logged onto the hut, but i'm looking for a new fantasy game. I want a game that has a decent amount of character customization, and is just really fun to play. Thanks guys! :)

  2. #2
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10
    Doctor Frolicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Looking for the same kind of thing too buddy, just one where I can GROW MY OWN PVP GUILD AND RULE WITH AN IRON FIST.

    I don't know how many games you played, but Fantasy Games with good customization are:

    Allods Online
    WoW
    Perfect World
    Forsaken World
    Aion


    I don't think they're fun to play, WoW is the only game I've played for more than 3 hours.

  3. #3
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126
    Rya.Reisender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,361
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Allods Online
    Aion
    Those two are the best games (F2P) of your requested style.

  4. #4
    Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The middle of nowhere
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Frolicks View Post
    Looking for the same kind of thing too buddy, just one where I can GROW MY OWN PVP GUILD AND RULE WITH AN IRON FIST.

    I don't know how many games you played, but Fantasy Games with good customization are:

    Allods Online
    WoW
    Perfect World
    Forsaken World
    Aion


    I don't think they're fun to play, WoW is the only game I've played for more than 3 hours.
    I tried Allods, liked the customization, hated the gameplay. Tried perfect world, like customization, didn't think it was fun and hated the graphics. Tried WoW, got bored of it. But I haven't tried Forsaken World or Aion, how are the graphics and gameplay in those? Oh and is Dungeons and Dragons Online or Lord of the Rings Online any good?

  5. #5
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 86
    queenvoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,391
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    On their own, I felt Dungeons and Dragons Online and Lotro are both capable mmos. Imaginative gfx, average character customisation (Lotro does let you wear cosmetic costumes without affecting your armour) and both have all the tools a well-rounded mmo has (crafting, mounts (hm im not sure if ddo has mounts) etc).

    but.. i don't think Lotro and DDO really stand out. For me, Lotro is fun only because it lets me play music ingame. I look at Allods, Aion, perfect World,n Drakensang Online and other mmos and they all seem to be quite average. beautiful gfx but.. average.They are not like a good novel where you really do travel to new realms with deep characters. MMOs are quite formulaic.

    So... i suspect for an mmo to be fun for you, you need to know what you want first. Its like having hundreds of varieties cakes in front of you. In order to pick one, you have to know which ingredients/flavours you really like or dislike.

  6. #6
    Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The middle of nowhere
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by queenvoo View Post
    On their own, I felt Dungeons and Dragons Online and Lotro are both capable mmos. Imaginative gfx, average character customisation (Lotro does let you wear cosmetic costumes without affecting your armour) and both have all the tools a well-rounded mmo has (crafting, mounts (hm im not sure if ddo has mounts) etc).

    but.. i don't think Lotro and DDO really stand out. For me, Lotro is fun only because it lets me play music ingame. I look at Allods, Aion, perfect World,n Drakensang Online and other mmos and they all seem to be quite average. beautiful gfx but.. average.They are not like a good novel where you really do travel to new realms with deep characters. MMOs are quite formulaic.

    So... i suspect for an mmo to be fun for you, you need to know what you want first. Its like having hundreds of varieties cakes in front of you. In order to pick one, you have to know which ingredients/flavours you really like or dislike.
    Well, I like an mmo that is great from the start. U know just like you get into it and it's just awesome right away. I also like a game with some good starting weapons that look cool. It also has to have at least average character customization, but nothing too fancy. I don't really care about this but sometimes I like it if a game has mounts that aren't impossible to get. I also like PvP and like Faction vs Faction and stuff like that. I also want a game that makes your character seem important like not just another player. And, I want to feel powerful when I get into it. I also like a good hack n' slash so maybe one of them. Thanks, plz reply back

  7. #7
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    try ROSH ONLINE: the Return of Karos, not too fancy but good starting weapon. . . fast level ups too

  8. #8
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 86
    queenvoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,391
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyle42 View Post
    Well, I like an mmo that is great from the start. U know just like you get into it and it's just awesome right away. I also like a game with some good starting weapons that look cool. It also has to have at least average character customization, but nothing too fancy. I don't really care about this but sometimes I like it if a game has mounts that aren't impossible to get. I also like PvP and like Faction vs Faction and stuff like that. I also want a game that makes your character seem important like not just another player. And, I want to feel powerful when I get into it. I also like a good hack n' slash so maybe one of them. Thanks, plz reply back
    hmm.. sounds like you are after a great game where right at the start you feel and look powerful, you can have an immediate effect in the game world and you also your own good fantasy look and weapons. actually, this is also my ideal game ><

    before the mmo craze took hold, i played neverwinter nights 1 team pvp modules. This was RvR. But what made it my ideal game was that I could be max level immediately. I could even tailor make my own weapons and armour and character appearance if I wanted (neverwinter gave every player a "toolset" to make your own character and weapons, so the combindations were endless really..). But best of all, the combat system in neverwinter let EVERY character be a hero: by this I mean if you played your character right, any single character could run into a fight 1vs10 and have a (slim) chance of winning/surviving. Nowadays, mmos are very dumbed down. Character powers are very nerfed and they force grinding on players to try to get money.

    So, the tough thing for me today is finding a game which is closest to my ideal, which is strong pvp. I currently play Regnum Online which is closest to neverwinter nights. RO has minimal grinding but very strong pvp (imho). RO has basic graphics. For better gfx, I am considering playing Aika Online, which is similar in RvR pvp setup. But then I do think of also trying out dragonica and dragon nest and lumia online - all supposed to be very good pvp.

    Imho, pvp in allods and WoW is really bad because the powers system has little foundation. Whereas neverwinter is drawn from DnD so when i play a game like neverwinter or RO, I really feel there is a solid DnD-type medieval fantasy feel.

  9. #9
    Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The middle of nowhere
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Wow thanks guys I really appreciate it I will look into playing all of your suggested mmo's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •